Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1405561 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1059856 Jan 10, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
If Christie had any culpability and intent, he deserves to go to jail. As the executive, he promptly took action on this matter when revealed.
You on the other hand, leftie, certainly cannot say the same for Obama the obfuscator, hypocrite.
The IRS was used to subvert freedoms across the country and the were used for political reasons. Obama deserves even more scrutiny for that, yet you likely defended him on that.
If you didn't, we know the left did (phony scandal).
Eric Holder is another one that should have been removed and jailed eons ago, yet the left just doesn't care about corruption on your side.
lol! Must be ruskie style politics you're used to son!
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1059857 Jan 10, 2014
This is an interesting fact.

I did a study on all The Administration's from Kennedy to Reagan, and Nixon did that at the time believing he was protecting Our Gold when France called in a debt and demanded it in Gold as opposed to US Dollars. Nixon strange as he was and before he went coo-coo, had one of the most interesting Administrations.

FDR just stole The American Citizens' Gold - It became illegal for anyone to own gold, or certificates.

PS I'm going from memory - So I believe it was France.
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
No Carol, you were the one completely wrong about the Great Depression even going so far as to assert that the removal of the gold standard was done by Roosevelt when in fact it was Richard Nixon who did it.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1059858 Jan 10, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
you obviously never read yeahs posts.
lol! You people obvious don't read your own!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1059859 Jan 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>they don't cherry pick the fox news idiots saying absolutely verifiably false crap. they don't cherry pick them saying one thing one week and then the exact opposite the next week..
do try to keep up, and quit lying to defend your obviously wrong posts...you should have better morals than that.
You'll believe anything and Stewart knows it. It's how he makes his living. O'Reilly has had to correct the record numerous times on his show after Stewart misrepresented statements made by himself and others just for a laugh.

Stewart actually has a very good rapport with O'Reilly. They respect each other immensely.
P N A

Satellite Beach, FL

#1059860 Jan 10, 2014
lnc wrote:
Did not find President George W.Bush to be my favorite president but did not spend eight years as a troll claiming every rainy day was George W.Bush's fault.
Some of President Clinton's policies seemed to favor the American people and believe Bill Clinton is a good man.
President George H W Bush conducted the first Gulf War well. The war was brief, victory was achieved, Kuwait, a member of the UN was liberated.
Those filled with every day, every post, endless hatred toward President Obama are often trolls.
...just saying
Inc = Incorrect
lnc

United States

#1059861 Jan 10, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
So 11 hospitals in Florida being so bad people were dying due to neglect, poor care and inadequate medical staff at a 50% higher rate than the death rates in other hospitals would be okay with you? Would 10 be better? 9? 8?
What if 11 hospitals in every state - or 15 or 20 or 30 - had a 50% higher death rate due to poor care and inadequate medical staff?
How do we know it's not going to be the same here - or worse - under Obamacare?
How many "death hospitals" would be okay with you?
People need Medical care, government or private. May not matter if you have a child ill and in pain.

Obamacare is one way,
there may be others........

No preexisting conditions exemption and care that covers American citizens

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1059862 Jan 10, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Christie is no fool. He may be an arrogant egotistical Ogre, but not a fool. Too much of a RINO for me, but he has a good record as an executive and is liked by N.J. Democrats enough to be Governor there.
I think that is why the Ministry of Propaganda & left are afraid of him, especially with him running against Hillary the shrill Democrat..
LOL.

"I’m in disbelief!” "If they ("learned inside-the-Beltway Republican types") gotta throw in the caveat, "If he's not lying," it means they don't know, either, if he's lying or not." "If they are not sure after the two-hour presser that Christie was being honest, then why praise it to the hilt?" Rush Limbaugh

Rush: I sit here and honestly, folks, I'm surprised at the reaction on the Republican side to what is happening to Chris Christie. When that press conference was over yesterday, all of these opinion makers, or practically all, I mean, there's some exceptions to this. But all of the wise men, all of the wizards of smart said, "You know what, he handled it perfectly. Why, he was honest, we hope he was honest. He was right in there. He went out there and he nailed it. Christie was absolutely superb," and they are now stunned that the media isn't letting go of it....

These are Republicans who can't believe it. They thought Christie buried it yesterday. They thought Christie's press conference was just the greatest thing they'd ever heard and he buried it and he ended it and they can't believe -- and this is quite telling, folks. I mean, the Republican wise men are confused.... And now they're wringing their hands and they don't quite know what to make of this...."

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/01/10/...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1059863 Jan 10, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> The words you have to now type instead of numbers to post.
Oh, okay. I get it now.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1059864 Jan 10, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
If Christie had any culpability and intent, he deserves to go to jail. As the executive, he promptly took action on this matter when revealed.
You on the other hand, leftie, certainly cannot say the same for Obama the obfuscator, hypocrite.
The IRS was used to subvert freedoms across the country and the were used for political reasons. Obama deserves even more scrutiny for that, yet you likely defended him on that.
If you didn't, we know the left did (phony scandal).
Eric Holder is another one that should have been removed and jailed eons ago, yet the left just doesn't care about corruption on your side.
No truth to your claims....just ask Issa.
lnc

United States

#1059865 Jan 10, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You people obvious don't read your own!
Much is comedy ...shinny000elect :-)

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1059866 Jan 10, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
no, not just "in the workplace", but using drugs period....
Depends on job and whether it impairs judgement, like an airline pilot is not allowed any alcohol so many hours before flying. Someone might make the same judgement on smoking a joint before its declared judgement is impaired. Could be 24 hrs, 48 hrs or a damn week I am not qualified to make that statement. In that case if you valued your job more than some recreational drug then the decision is made for you, don't take it!

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1059867 Jan 10, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
remember that those who closed the bridge lanes do not work for Christie....
Then, why did Christie find it necessary to apologize for the closures?
TheIndepedentMaj ority

Mount Vernon, KY

#1059868 Jan 10, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Going to jail.
Impeachment.
Say good bye to your fat azz tea bag savior Christie.
Too bad for you stoopido-the VOTING sectors love him.

With GOOD reasons!

Say hello to shrink next time you visit it dud-cause anyone that thinks any mere mortal modern man is a savior-is SICK in the head.

T.E.A.!
CHRISTIE/Ryan/Paul...Uncle Joe et al 2016!

Leadership FOR WORKING class America again-NOT divide, blame and drain against it!!!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1059869 Jan 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Well A-hole then the numbers are calculated under the same methods & not some Obama scheme as you said previously.
If you don't like those high numbers I would suggest the best cure would be not to create these recessions in the first place.
It's no scheme, it's his policy! Either way, America is suffering because of his best efforts. Five years in a row Obama has asked for and received "emergency" unemployment compensation extensions, while at the same time telling us we're enjoying a recovery. We are at the lowest worker participation rate since 1978.
You've got no ground to stand on. Obama's a complete and utter failure. You could have done this well yourself.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1059870 Jan 10, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll believe anything and Stewart knows it. It's how he makes his living. O'Reilly has had to correct the record numerous times on his show after Stewart misrepresented statements made by himself and others just for a laugh.
Stewart actually has a very good rapport with O'Reilly. They respect each other immensely.
No it's just the O'Reilly sees the writing on the wall, he knows if he doesn't start taking some liberal points of view his days as a news commentator are well and truly numbered.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1059871 Jan 10, 2014
Hypocrite:
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
No truth to your claims....just ask Issa.
TheIndepedentMaj ority

Mount Vernon, KY

#1059872 Jan 10, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
So you know all about him prosecuting democrats to climb the ladder. Made a lot of enemies. More than most.
Well that explains a pissed off demoncrat from Fort Lee then.
Not good timing for a demoncrat ordered traffic study?
Democrat political campaign witch hunting starting a little early isn't it?
Can't demoncrats wait till anyone at least announces a candidacy?

GOOO CHRISTIE/Rayn/Paul...Uncle Joe et al 2016!!!!

Real Working class leadership FOR Working class America again!!
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1059873 Jan 10, 2014
President Bullwinkle said Al-Qaeda is on the run!

Liberals with their heads in the sand still buy it.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1059874 Jan 10, 2014
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>And the Repubs never see a problem with creating a nation of peasants and elites. 18% gain in 30 years for the middle class and 300% for the Top. 33,000 American factories closed in the past 20 years and shipped to China by the Rich CEOs to pay teen slaves .30 cents an hour.
Have you tried Stool Softener?
TheIndepedentMaj ority

Mount Vernon, KY

#1059875 Jan 10, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then, why did Christie find it necessary to apologize for the closures?
DECENCY, ETHICS, Consideration of OTHERS, some Actual INTEGRITY and PERSONAL responsibility from those holding public ELECTED offices!

Or-
Things this nation hasn't seen out of poliTics for the past few years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Hill4me 219,693
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min Reality 60,663
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Retired SOF 1,264
last post wins! (Dec '10) 2 hr They cannot kill ... 2,280
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr RACE 103,160
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 7 hr GEORGIA 1,810
Al Sharpton 7 hr STARfukinDeleting 6

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages