Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1658350 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1060268 Jan 11, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if Christie plans a national presence.
This is all well known to those who know Mr. Christie. His record as a Federal Prosecutor is excellent, but a review of it proves how willing he is to go after those who disagree with him.
he's a big bully, NJ style. His brash, loudmouth style plays well in NJ, but so did Jersey Shore!!
Imagine if Obama told a private citizen to "Shut up!", or publicly called them "Stupid!" for questioning something he did??
He had his State Gestapo force a reporter onto the stage with him so Christie could dress the man down and insult him!!
You want a man like that as President??
----------
""Chris Christie Goes On Attack Against Reporter At Press Conference""
""New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) got into a verbal confrontation with a local television news reporter Monday during questions about the governor's foreclosure policy during a press conference.
Christie, speaking in Long Branch, got into the confrontation when Jim Hoffer, an investigative reporter with WABC-TV in New York, asked questions following-up a Christie answer on foreclosure, according to video captured by PolitickerNJ.com . Hoffer had been suggesting that Christie's facts were not in order, which Christie disputed.
When Hoffer persisted, Christie tore into the reporter, who is not part of the Trenton press corps that regularly covers the Garden State leader. Hoffer and Christie both tried to talk over each other at one point.
“Don’t show up once in every blue moon and think you’re going to dominate my press conference," Christie said on the PolitickerNJ.com video. "Get your facts correct and ask. Thank you very much.”
The exchange with Hoffer is the latest in a string of confrontations between media members and Christie since he took office in 2010. In May 2010, he was captured on video telling a Star-Ledger columnist that he had a "thin-skin" during a Statehouse press conference.""
----------
And Christie says he's 'not a bully.
Sure. And Ted Cruz isn't Canadian!!
I don't see telling someone to "shut up" or calling someone "stupid" as being a bully. Rude...yes. I'm not saying Christie isn't a bulky (ha...i almost corrected that typo) I don't know enough about him.

we are never going to have a perfect politician, we have to weigh the good with the bad in any person. If he knowingly used his power to do this, the bad grossly out weighs the good in the guy.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1060269 Jan 11, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Woodtick.
The latest in a long line of normal folks who quickly saw the depraved sockpuppet you are and dealt with you accordingly.
Now you're all whiny about it, once again your stupidity and use of socks to protect yourself is out in the open for all to see.
You're not fooling anyone, Wazman, you never did.
You're a TOPIX Troll, the biggest one here, with a host of socks, all ignorant and hateful.
Wherever this woodtick came from, he/she has done a fine job of pointing out the nativism and stupidity of the Teabaggers on this thread.
And you're all going nuts since the arrival of woodtick.
Woodtick and NewYawk make a pretty good team, they turned SnottyRejection into a blubbering mass of foul racist jokes!!
WoodDick is nothing new or special. She is simply another mental case like you. Her and dem/ghost the sock as a team is nothing more than two failures in life, venting their frustrations and hoping for more handouts.

I do see some improvement in you lately though. Has your shrink put you on some new meds that seem to work better?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1060271 Jan 11, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
You're all over the wall on this.
Choose one:
1. Anyone who wants a job can find one thanks to Obama's recovery plan.
2. Almost a million Americans can't find work.
You continue to bounce back and forth between these two extremes.
the key phrase is "gave up looking for work"...

these people can find work despite Obama screwing up the economy, but have no incentive to do so given all the available welfare programs....

Obama economics on steroids....

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1060273 Jan 11, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
So you hate Christians? Is there any other groups of people you hate? Blacks? Hillbillies? The sane?
what makes you think i hate them? they seem silly for following a proven false religious cult, especially one with such shitty morals, but hey, that is their choice

i do hate it when they try to insert their idiotic cult into the real world...
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1060277 Jan 11, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to realize the poster is a chimp retard
That would be you, old man ghost. How much do you pay a month for your VPN service?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1060278 Jan 11, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
So you hate Christians? Is there any other groups of people you hate? Blacks? Hillbillies? The sane?
Typical of your lame assed approach to discussion.

Woodtick challenges your beliefs, you talk like a fool and say he hates Christians.

Funny I never saw the word hate until you used it. Why is that??

Your use of projection and labelling marks you as unable to counter his arguments.

Try debating his beliefs, not just stupidly calling it hatred because you have no response.

You're really bad at thiis.

I don't know why you bother. You must be very lonely.

St. Croix valley

#1060279 Jan 11, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You're adopting the same lazy debate ethics of the nitwits you're doing a fine job of discrediting. LOL
You said:
""now we have that, incandescents that use far, far less energy than the old kind.""
I've noticed you use hyperbole to emphasize your points. Stick to facts. They use a bit less energy, not far, far less energy.
You followed the same path with your windmill discussion. Dismiss opposing views, overemphasize your own.
The point we should be making is why Americans don't adhere to recycling more. Many Americans are just too damned lazy and inconsiderate of their fellow citizens.
It's the libertatrian bullshit that each of us has no responsibility towards the other that creates this refusal to adhere to smart policies.
Americans need to get back to the mindset America had during WWII, when everything was recycled, from unused railroad tracks to rags, to glass, metal, rubber, whatever.
This excusing people rfrom recycling as if it's optional or forced on them by Gov't is stupid and not good for society overall.
Esp. in a world running out of resources.
OK maybe 'far, far' was hyperbolic..

how bout just far? i mean, 30%(that's fully one third according to many on this site!) that's far more efficient.

my facts on the recycling, thus the entrance of that mercury into our environment were spot on...
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1060280 Jan 11, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
can you lefties learn to read please. Galt did not say they can't find work.
"917,000 Americans gave up looking for work in December 2013....."
key words "gave up"
Galt was shortcutting the story__not to mention lying out his azz. Maybe you should find the real story before coming to the ancient ones defense.

The "retirement crisis" aka "baby boomers leaving the workforce" is "mostly" to blame yet you math challenged scumbags continue to get it wrong.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1060282 Jan 11, 2014
what is the over-under on the number of days that the media can keep the irrelevant Christie affair afloat in order to divert attention from the failure of ObamaKKKare???...

St. Croix valley

#1060284 Jan 11, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
WoodDick is nothing new or special. She is simply another mental case like you. Her and dem/ghost the sock as a team is nothing more than two failures in life, venting their frustrations and hoping for more handouts.
I do see some improvement in you lately though. Has your shrink put you on some new meds that seem to work better?
i'm sure making you out to be the idiotic fool you are.

i am calling you out on all your bullshit,pointing out the fallacies of your arguments and you seem totally unable to defend yourself.
this is because they are not your thoughts. you are just a parrot, squawking out concepts way, way beyond your paygrade...

run along now little boy.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1060285 Jan 11, 2014
so, when do we get to see all the White House emails on Benghazi, the IRS, and other Obama scandals???...
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1060287 Jan 11, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
This Is why health care reform was absolutely necessary. No one in this country should not be able to afford to get sick or lose everything if it happens.
But Obamacare and government involvement in our health care is a huge mistake. There were far better solutions keeping health reform in the private sector.
Access to healthcare is still in the private sector nitwit! People are still buying policies from the private sector and going to private sector hospitals and doctors. Government is reining in the abusive practices that big insurance used to deny coverage just so top executives could line their pockets and get big bonuses. Only someone as abysmally stupid as you would think that health coverage should be trusted to those whose only concern is profit.
You're an idiot Carol!

Location hidden

#1060288 Jan 11, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see telling someone to "shut up" or calling someone "stupid" as being a bully. Rude...yes. I'm not saying Christie isn't a bulky (ha...i almost corrected that typo) I don't know enough about him.
we are never going to have a perfect politician, we have to weigh the good with the bad in any person. If he knowingly used his power to do this, the bad grossly out weighs the good in the guy.
Yes,he is bulky!! But I don't feel his size should be part of his qualifications or lack thereof.

I actually like Christie.

But I don't have any doubts about his basic personality type.

On the Repugnant side, he is still their best hope, unless this scandal and cover-up leads to his desk.

Copernicus ready to go tomorrow??

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1060293 Jan 11, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
hit one of the ratings sites and find out who's pulling the young folks. when they left FOX they had to go somewhere.
I thought maybe you knew. It really doesn't matter to me, I prefer to read my news.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1060294 Jan 11, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Woodtick hates the sane. She could never relate to normal people and ended up living far away from people in Minnesota's North Coast.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1060296 Jan 11, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
hit one of the ratings sites and find out who's pulling the young folks. when they left FOX they had to go somewhere.
Duck Dynasty...
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1060297 Jan 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the failure in New Orleans was that the police ran away, leaving the city to the savages...
using combat troops against American civilians is a huge mistake....
except in a Fascist police state...
How did the conversation get from a large scale rescue operation to a shootout???

You fkn stooges can't stay on topic__it's always a game of twister with youin's..
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1060298 Jan 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i'm sure making you out to be the idiotic fool you are.
i am calling you out on all your bullshit,pointing out the fallacies of your arguments and you seem totally unable to defend yourself.
this is because they are not your thoughts. you are just a parrot, squawking out concepts way, way beyond your paygrade...
run along now little boy.....
How is the weather there on the Moon?

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1060299 Jan 11, 2014
The Hypocrisy of Hollywood

The entertainment industry is full of famous and infamous individuals who wholly support and verbally tout the most extreme of liberal policies and causes. More remarkable than their slavish devotion to all things progressive is how these people either cannot see or chose to ignore the massive flames of hypocrisy raging all around them. For instance, global warming and the need for a "green" planet.

Turn on E!, MTV's "Cribs", pick up a magazine or tabloid sometime and take a look.

They virtually all drive huge luxury SUV's or exotic sports cars that get nine miles-per-gallon (downhill, with a tail wind), live in 20,000 square foot, 12-bedroom mansions with theaters, bowling alleys, indoor pools, multiple kitchens, etc., which require heating, air conditioning, lawn maintenance, and generally suck up massive amounts of power -- mostly from coal-fired power plants (which the politicians they're supporting are trying to eliminate.) They travel on privately-chartered jets and get around city streets in limousines large enough for 10 occupants but carrying just one.

These same people want you and me to upgrade to a 90% efficient furnace, drive a car the size of a shoebox, and heat our homes to no more than 68 degrees to help save the planet.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2014/01/the_hy...

Location hidden

#1060300 Jan 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>OK maybe 'far, far' was hyperbolic..
how bout just far? i mean, 30%(that's fully one third according to many on this site!) that's far more efficient.
my facts on the recycling, thus the entrance of that mercury into our environment were spot on...
I had forgotten that the new Teabag math had made 30%(or less) fully one third!!

In that case, it does sound better!! LOL

The fact remains that incandescent bulbs are basically heating elements inside a sealed glass capsule, and as such, are not energy efficient.

If we eliminate all coal fired power plants, we won't even have to think about the tiny amount found in CFL bulbs.

And they're just a bridge technology. Looks like LED's will win the competition (so far).

You provided nothing to support your mercury claims.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HRC loves Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. 47 min 2Commies BHO-HRC 11
Did this work or not 53 min YES it works 1
Trump is A 57 min Friend of FREEDOM 180
US Media Humiliated, all in 1 day. 1 hr US Media is Malig... 7
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr what a russsh 11,584
3 hr joey 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr loose cannon 243,094

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages