Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1744638 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1060191 Jan 11, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
WoodDick said she is a "conservative"
#1 - now we know she is an unabashed liar
WoodDick said she has been here after called the new kid
#2 - she is a devious Democrat sock
Just another one of the usual liberal nutjobs!
yet you cannot prove any of your assumptions.

kind of makes you a liar, huh?

smacking you around is fun, you get all riled up and make an even bigger fool of your self.

this early in the day and you're already frothing, acting like the child you are, and losing miserably...
RUSH10ME

Callao, VA

#1060192 Jan 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>aw...did pointing out what an idiot you are hurt your widdle feewings?
You outed yourself , do you feel better leo?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1060193 Jan 11, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally agree; and stop giving money to Karzai the heroin dealer; notice that heroin use has increased worldwide? Bush gave the Taliban $400 million to eradicate poppy fields; ironic that heroin production has increased to greater numbers than ever. Drugs provide the money for the arms for the wars. Stop giving them money; stop the heroin from coming in and killing Americans.
Ariel Sharon is dead after being in a coma for 8 years.
check in again after the next terrorist attack on America launched from the al Qaeda bases in Afghanistan...and Iraq....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1060194 Jan 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
917,000 Americans gave up looking for work in December 2013.....
Obama economics on steroids.....
Republican job creation.......
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1060195 Jan 11, 2014
<quoted text>
I admit I have an intolerance for fat people; they stand in the aisles of stores totally blocking the way for others; they know they're fat, at least move. Either that, or they're driving those hoverarounds with their fat hanging over the sides, loading soda and ice cream into their baskets. Imagine how miserable you'd be if you had to lug around 300 lbs? You don't see extreme obesity in other countries as you do here; it's gluttony and disgusting.
Ever sit beside a fatty on an airplane? Their fat spills over the arm rest and into your space?
It's not pleasant.
sitting next to a loudmouth NYC Bocajew for hours is even worse....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1060196 Jan 11, 2014
CNN Chief Trashes Fox News:'Republican Party...Masquerading As News'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/11/jeff...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1060197 Jan 11, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I tend to agree.
But how do you explain Ronnie RayGun??
While I agree his talent ended with "Bedtime for Bonzo", it seems those in your party think he was a political wunderkind.
Please explain to them that he was only an actor. Beyond that his talent and wisdom ended. Obviously.
You've become quite progressive since I told you you live in a Progressive Town!!
You still don't know "my" town. A quirk that I have noticed with Topix is it has never pinpoint my location. At one time I lived in MO.

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or obtuse here. When your trade is being an athlete or an actor -the only one- you are not an expert on other issues. Those who did enter politics made some effort to KNOW the issues and wasn't just giving "life advice" from the Jersey Shore.

St. Croix valley

#1060198 Jan 11, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
another lie from the self-proclaimed "conservative"...
yet you cannot counter it with any facts...
seems you are lying again.

why do you love making such a fool of yourself? you parade your ignorance like you are proud of it!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1060199 Jan 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>lots of facts here to clear up...
in fact, CFL do release lots of mercury into the environment as almost none of them are recylced. the reason the new incandescent bulbs have energy standards (no law ever phased them out...ever...) was that those of us that didn't want to use the CFLs wanted a viable incandescent alternative the industry was not providing. now we have that, incandescents that use far, far less energy than the old kind.
Facts are fun.

Let's see some. My reading indicates that energy efficient incandescent bulbs use 25-30% less energy than old style ones.

That's a poor joke for energy savings.

CFL's are far more energy efficient. Use about 75% less energy than incandescents.

LED's even more energy efficient.

Your 'energy saving' incandescents sound a lot like the old joke of 'clean coal'.

----------

""A 60-watt traditional incandescent bulb has an annual energy cost of $4.80 (based on 2 hours a day of usage, an electricity rate of 11 cents per kilowatt-hour) and has a life of 1,000 hours, according to the Energy Department. A 15-watt compact florescent lamp bulb has an annual energy cost of $1.20 and has a life of 10,000 hours. A 12-watt light emitting diode bulb has an annual energy cost of $1 and last for 25,000 hours.""

And this:

http://recycleabulb.veoliaes.com/home

A cfl recycling site with free shipping

----------

Where you getting your data about recycled CFL's?? Where I live, Home Depot takes them, as does Lowes, as do most town recycling stations.

Funny how the bins are always filled with old bulbs..........you talking facts or your own beliefs??

St. Croix valley

#1060200 Jan 11, 2014
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>You outed yourself , do you feel better leo?
you are showing what a moron you are, do you feel better?

you would have to be an idiot (proven about you) to confuse my poting, typing, and commenting style with anyone else...

St. Croix valley

#1060201 Jan 11, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not armed military. The federal government cannot send an armed National Guard into any state without the governor's permission. Bush did not want to send an unarmed National Guard into New Orleans as some of its citizens were armed and dangerous. The governor of Louisiana refused to give him permission. Valuable time elapsed before she did, but she was still the first one to blame Bush.
Now stop calling people liars - especially "g-d" ones. You broke the second commandment.
funny how your proven false god's first commandments all deal with his jealousy, insecurity and pettiness....

this is what happens when humans create gods, the gods end up with human frailties and imperfections...
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1060202 Jan 11, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not armed military. The federal government cannot send an armed National Guard into any state without the governor's permission. Bush did not want to send an unarmed National Guard into New Orleans as some of its citizens were armed and dangerous. The governor of Louisiana refused to give him permission. Valuable time elapsed before she did, but she was still the first one to blame Bush.
Now stop calling people liars - especially "g-d" ones. You broke the second commandment.
Gibberish__what's armed got to do with the price of p-nut butter. The Coast Guard was already in Louisiana__the U S Army Corp of Engineers was already in Louisiana. Ft Polk the U S Army Combat Training Center is about 230 to the West.

Face it doll Shrub fkd up and everyone seems to know it but you.

Atta boy Brownie___ROFLMAO
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1060203 Jan 11, 2014
where's carol?

Rush Limbaugh Chides Fox News for Defending Christie

Fox News has already come under fire from the left for devoting perhaps too little coverage to NJ Gov. Chris Christie’s “Bridgegate” scandal when it broke on Wednesday. Now, the network is taking heat from the right, namely Rush Limbaugh, for some of its personalities acting as Christie’s defender.

Limbaugh said that while Fox News has always been “unpredictable,” the Christie story is making them just as “predictable” as the rest of the mainstream media. He said he was in “disbelief” listening to “learned, inside-the-beltway Republican/conservative media people” defend Christie’s performance at yesterday’s marathon press conference.

Limbaugh singled out Brit Hume and Charles Krauthammer as semi-hypothetical examples of Fox commentators who defended Christie with the caveat “he better be telling the truth.” By adding that condition, Limbaugh said it shows those commentators don’t know themselves whether Christie is lying.“If they are not sure, after a two hour press conference, that Christie was being honest,” he said,“then why praise it to the hilt?”

But don’t worry, Limbaugh’s not “trying to stir anything up,” he insisted.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rush-limbaugh-chid...

Location hidden

#1060204 Jan 11, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
WoodDick said she is a "conservative"
#1 - now we know she is an unabashed liar
WoodDick said she has been here after called the new kid
#2 - she is a devious Democrat sock
Just another one of the usual liberal nutjobs!
Woodtick.

The latest in a long line of normal folks who quickly saw the depraved sockpuppet you are and dealt with you accordingly.

Now you're all whiny about it, once again your stupidity and use of socks to protect yourself is out in the open for all to see.

You're not fooling anyone, Wazman, you never did.

You're a TOPIX Troll, the biggest one here, with a host of socks, all ignorant and hateful.

Wherever this woodtick came from, he/she has done a fine job of pointing out the nativism and stupidity of the Teabaggers on this thread.

And you're all going nuts since the arrival of woodtick.

Woodtick and NewYawk make a pretty good team, they turned SnottyRejection into a blubbering mass of foul racist jokes!!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1060205 Jan 11, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol begins with the right wing attitude cherry picking history to find what she wants.
She is Not the racist type found in the posts of several other.... ehrr trolls.
She may believe that she is convincing someone on the thread... few change their minds by reading fox oriented talk.
Good Morning ...
Carol begins with research.

Military resources may be employed in the following situations:

Upon the request of the governor, the President may task the Department of Defense to provide any emergency work the President deems essential for the preservation of life and property in the immediate aftermath of an incident that may ultimately qualify for assistance under a declaration.

The declaration of an emergency under the Stafford Act requires that the governor of the affected state first make a determination that the situation is of such severity and magnitude that the state is unable to respond effectively without federal assistance.

The Stafford Act authorizes the President to make a wide range of federal aid available to states that are stricken by a natural or man-made disaster. The Stafford Act does not authorize the use of federal military forces to maintain law and order.

http://fpc.state.gov/documents/organization/5...

The governor of Louisiana did not know the law. Bush did.

Orlando, FL

#1060206 Jan 11, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Gibberish__what's armed got to do with the price of p-nut butter. The Coast Guard was already in Louisiana__the U S Army Corp of Engineers was already in Louisiana. Ft Polk the U S Army Combat Training Center is about 230 to the West.
Face it doll Shrub fkd up and everyone seems to know it but you.
Atta boy Brownie___ROFLMAO
The Stafford Act.

http://fpc.state.gov/documents/organization/5...

You might learn something.

Location hidden

#1060207 Jan 11, 2014
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>You outed yourself , do you feel better leo?
You proved again that you are unarmed in any battle of wits.

Funny how when you idiots have no response, all you do is make up accusations.

Try discussing an issue for once.

You'll get your ears pinned, but at least you will have tried.

Better than behaving like the mute punk you are.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1060208 Jan 11, 2014
The date on that email is extraordinarily important, especially when you consider the fact that on August 12th, 2013, just one day before the gears started turning on the week of hell for Fort Lee, Chris Christie gave a press conference over a controversial decision he made in pulling a New Jersey Supreme Court justice out of contention for life long tenure in the court.
In 2010, when Christie first became Governor of New Jersey one of his first acts as the head of the state was to pull a well-respected African-American judge off the New Jersey Supreme Court bench for what many people believed was partisan reasons. Due to Christie yanking Justice John E. Wallace from the court, Democratic senators swore they would not allow Christie to fill the vacant seat and would block any nomination that came in.
Democrats were successful in blocking a number of judges from filling that seat and when in 2013, another justice named Helen Hoens who is a Republican and the wife of one of Christie’s top staffers was up for reappointment that would have given her life long tenure, Christie pulled her from the Supreme Court because he did not want to subject her to grilling from the Democratic “animals” in the Senate.
And who, you might be asking, was the Democrat most responsible for blocking Justice Wallace’s seat from being filled after he was yanked out of the Supreme Court, and who, you might be asking was the same Democrat that Christie was trying to save Helen Hoens from being subjected to in her bid for life long tenure in the New Jersey Supreme Court?
Her name is Loretta Weinberg. She’s the leader of the Senate Democrats. She represents District 37 … Do you want to take a guess now which district Fort Lee is in? Exactly. It’s in District 37.
- See more at: http://aattp.org/busted-rachel-maddow-just-pu...
now its "the week of hell". Lmao. You drama queen.

Orlando, FL

#1060209 Jan 11, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
where's carol?
Rush Limbaugh Chides Fox News for Defending Christie
Fox News has already come under fire from the left for devoting perhaps too little coverage to NJ Gov. Chris Christie’s “Bridgegate” scandal when it broke on Wednesday. Now, the network is taking heat from the right, namely Rush Limbaugh, for some of its personalities acting as Christie’s defender.
Limbaugh said that while Fox News has always been “unpredictable,” the Christie story is making them just as “predictable” as the rest of the mainstream media. He said he was in “disbelief” listening to “learned, inside-the-beltway Republican/conservative media people” defend Christie’s performance at yesterday’s marathon press conference.
Limbaugh singled out Brit Hume and Charles Krauthammer as semi-hypothetical examples of Fox commentators who defended Christie with the caveat “he better be telling the truth.” By adding that condition, Limbaugh said it shows those commentators don’t know themselves whether Christie is lying.“If they are not sure, after a two hour press conference, that Christie was being honest,” he said,“then why praise it to the hilt?”
But don’t worry, Limbaugh’s not “trying to stir anything up,” he insisted.
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rush-limbaugh-chid...
He's entitled to his opinion. At least conservatives aren't brainwashed to sound like broken records and don't fall in lockstep out of a fear of being ostracized from the herd.

St. Croix valley

#1060211 Jan 11, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts are fun.
Let's see some. My reading indicates that energy efficient incandescent bulbs use 25-30% less energy than old style ones.
That's a poor joke for energy savings.
CFL's are far more energy efficient. Use about 75% less energy than incandescents.
LED's even more energy efficient.
Your 'energy saving' incandescents sound a lot like the old joke of 'clean coal'.
----------
""A 60-watt traditional incandescent bulb has an annual energy cost of $4.80 (based on 2 hours a day of usage, an electricity rate of 11 cents per kilowatt-hour) and has a life of 1,000 hours, according to the Energy Department. A 15-watt compact florescent lamp bulb has an annual energy cost of $1.20 and has a life of 10,000 hours. A 12-watt light emitting diode bulb has an annual energy cost of $1 and last for 25,000 hours.""
And this:
http://recycleabulb.veoliaes.com/home
A cfl recycling site with free shipping
----------
Where you getting your data about recycled CFL's?? Where I live, Home Depot takes them, as does Lowes, as do most town recycling stations.
Funny how the bins are always filled with old bulbs..........you talking facts or your own beliefs??
like i stated, they are better than the old ones... i never even came close to statind they were as efficient as CFLs, now did I?

yes there are opportunities to recycle them..look at the numbers sold and the numbers turned in. hell, we can 't even pass 40% on recycling glass and plastic bottles and all most people have o do is drag them out to the end of their driveways...

no, i am clearly talking facts. as always...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr USS LIBERTY 72,072
Trump is A 5 hr Chilli J 570
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr CrunchyBacon 105,469
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 hr Julia 12,217
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 hr loose cannon 243,398
News Is Chicago bike-friendly? (Sep '07) 16 hr Cyclist 77
Change one letter in the word (Mar '12) 18 hr rippygirl423 62

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages