Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1497849 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1059843 Jan 10, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Marijuana Fights Cancer and Helps Manage Side Effects, Researchers Find
Mounting evidence shows ‘cannabinoids’ in marijuana slow cancer growth, inhibit formation of new blood cells that feed a tumor, and help manage pain, fatigue, NAUSEA, and other side effects.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/09...
kinda funny watching you trust government.
sometimes I need a joint to get through your posts.

just kidding, sonic.:-)
lnc

United States

#1059845 Jan 10, 2014
Did not find President George W.Bush to be my favorite president but did not spend eight years as a troll claiming every rainy day was George W.Bush's fault.

Some of President Clinton's policies seemed to favor the American people and believe Bill Clinton is a good man.

President George H W Bush conducted the first Gulf War well. The war was brief, victory was achieved, Kuwait, a member of the UN was liberated.

Those filled with every day, every post, endless hatred toward President Obama are often trolls.

...just saying
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1059846 Jan 10, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>it seems some democrats were involved in other dirty instances leading up to this bridge gate, seems they were pulling some crap also, but what to expect in a democrat controlled state like NJ. I hope this takes Christie out dont' get me wrong--the way he denies he knew anything is making him sound as Presidential as O'bama.
remember that those who closed the bridge lanes do not work for Christie....
lnc

United States

#1059847 Jan 10, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
similarly, unemployment benefits can be collected at out-of-state addresses...
We figured that you would know this.
How many benefits are you collecting from how many states?
lnc

United States

#1059848 Jan 10, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the chicken hiding in the middle of a flock of millions.
Robert B Parker deserves respect.
You need to earn respect and so far no evidence.
Fact

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1059849 Jan 10, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's like clockwork. If a republican finds themselves in a corner, out comes the deflection tactic. Spin and deflection, that's their modus operandi.
you obviously never read yeahs posts.
lnc

United States

#1059850 Jan 10, 2014
R**h L**baugh is freaked out by Pope Francis’ sharp critique of capitalism and consumerism. Rush says it sounds like “pure Marxism coming out of the mouth of the pope.”

Well, let us consider the pope's words:“Vast multitudes are still living in conditions of great material and moral poverty. The collapse of the communist system in so many countries certainly removes an obstacle to facing these problems in an appropriate and realistic way, but it is not enough to bring about their solution. Indeed, there is a risk that a radical capitalistic ideology could spread which refuses even to consider these problems, in the a priori belief that any attempt to solve them is doomed to failure and which blindly entrusts their solution to the free development of market forces."

Yes, that’s what the pope said — but not Pope Francis. Those are the words of Pope John Paul II, who became a hero to conservatives for the role he played in bringing down Soviet communism. John Paul was an enemy of communism, for sure, but he was no fan of unrestricted capitalism. During a visit to Latvia in 1991, the pope acknowledged the “kernel of truth” in Marxism that identified the “exploitation to which an inhuman capitalism had subjected the proletariat since the beginning of industrial society.”

Other popes, including John XXII, Paul VI and Benedict XVI, have also made pronouncements about the evils of market capitalism divorced from moral constraints. Pius XI spoke of the “international imperialism of money” and the frightening power of bankers and financiers who are “grasping … in their hands the very soul of production, so that no one dare breathe against their will."

Pope Francis’ recent description of unbridled capitalism as a “new tyranny” that is crushing the lives of people around the world through an “economy of exclusion and inequality” is hardly radical in the context of the social teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. Nor is his condemnation of rampant consumerism an alien idea at the Vatican.

"We have created new idols," Francis wrote in the paper that made Rush apoplectic. "The worship of the ancient golden calf ... has returned in a new and ruthless guise in the idolatry of money and the dictatorship of an impersonal economy lacking a truly human purpose."

Rush and other conservatives who think Pope Francis is some sort of crazed Sandinista for saying such things simply do not get it. His concern for the poor and condemnation of the greedy rich is not Marxism, it is Catholicism. This well-established church teaching is inspired, not by Karl Marx, but by the fellow who said,“It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God”— the fellow whose birth we celebrate on Dec. 25 after a frenzy of consumerism.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/topoftheticket...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1059851 Jan 10, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
no, not just "in the workplace", but using drugs period....
lol! There goes the liquor!
lnc

United States

#1059852 Jan 10, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
remember that those who closed the bridge lanes do not work for Christie....
Nice try :-)

Which welfare programs are you on, more than one state ?
lnc

United States

#1059853 Jan 10, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like your life's philosophy: clear as mud.
Same nonsense each day :-)
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1059854 Jan 10, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's like clockwork. If a republican finds themselves in a corner, out comes the deflection tactic. Spin and deflection, that's their modus operandi.
Whoosh! Right under the bus!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1059855 Jan 10, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Eleven Hospitals? Eleven Hospitals?? Let me make sure I have this straight__you said eleven hospital correct???
So 11 hospitals in Florida being so bad people were dying due to neglect, poor care and inadequate medical staff at a 50% higher rate than the death rates in other hospitals would be okay with you? Would 10 be better? 9? 8?

What if 11 hospitals in every state - or 15 or 20 or 30 - had a 50% higher death rate due to poor care and inadequate medical staff?

How do we know it's not going to be the same here - or worse - under Obamacare?

How many "death hospitals" would be okay with you?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1059856 Jan 10, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
If Christie had any culpability and intent, he deserves to go to jail. As the executive, he promptly took action on this matter when revealed.
You on the other hand, leftie, certainly cannot say the same for Obama the obfuscator, hypocrite.
The IRS was used to subvert freedoms across the country and the were used for political reasons. Obama deserves even more scrutiny for that, yet you likely defended him on that.
If you didn't, we know the left did (phony scandal).
Eric Holder is another one that should have been removed and jailed eons ago, yet the left just doesn't care about corruption on your side.
lol! Must be ruskie style politics you're used to son!
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1059857 Jan 10, 2014
This is an interesting fact.

I did a study on all The Administration's from Kennedy to Reagan, and Nixon did that at the time believing he was protecting Our Gold when France called in a debt and demanded it in Gold as opposed to US Dollars. Nixon strange as he was and before he went coo-coo, had one of the most interesting Administrations.

FDR just stole The American Citizens' Gold - It became illegal for anyone to own gold, or certificates.

PS I'm going from memory - So I believe it was France.
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
No Carol, you were the one completely wrong about the Great Depression even going so far as to assert that the removal of the gold standard was done by Roosevelt when in fact it was Richard Nixon who did it.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1059858 Jan 10, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
you obviously never read yeahs posts.
lol! You people obvious don't read your own!

Orlando, FL

#1059859 Jan 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>they don't cherry pick the fox news idiots saying absolutely verifiably false crap. they don't cherry pick them saying one thing one week and then the exact opposite the next week..
do try to keep up, and quit lying to defend your obviously wrong posts...you should have better morals than that.
You'll believe anything and Stewart knows it. It's how he makes his living. O'Reilly has had to correct the record numerous times on his show after Stewart misrepresented statements made by himself and others just for a laugh.

Stewart actually has a very good rapport with O'Reilly. They respect each other immensely.
P N A

Satellite Beach, FL

#1059860 Jan 10, 2014
lnc wrote:
Did not find President George W.Bush to be my favorite president but did not spend eight years as a troll claiming every rainy day was George W.Bush's fault.
Some of President Clinton's policies seemed to favor the American people and believe Bill Clinton is a good man.
President George H W Bush conducted the first Gulf War well. The war was brief, victory was achieved, Kuwait, a member of the UN was liberated.
Those filled with every day, every post, endless hatred toward President Obama are often trolls.
...just saying
Inc = Incorrect
lnc

United States

#1059861 Jan 10, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
So 11 hospitals in Florida being so bad people were dying due to neglect, poor care and inadequate medical staff at a 50% higher rate than the death rates in other hospitals would be okay with you? Would 10 be better? 9? 8?
What if 11 hospitals in every state - or 15 or 20 or 30 - had a 50% higher death rate due to poor care and inadequate medical staff?
How do we know it's not going to be the same here - or worse - under Obamacare?
How many "death hospitals" would be okay with you?
People need Medical care, government or private. May not matter if you have a child ill and in pain.

Obamacare is one way,
there may be others........

No preexisting conditions exemption and care that covers American citizens

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1059862 Jan 10, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Christie is no fool. He may be an arrogant egotistical Ogre, but not a fool. Too much of a RINO for me, but he has a good record as an executive and is liked by N.J. Democrats enough to be Governor there.
I think that is why the Ministry of Propaganda & left are afraid of him, especially with him running against Hillary the shrill Democrat..
LOL.

"I’m in disbelief!” "If they ("learned inside-the-Beltway Republican types") gotta throw in the caveat, "If he's not lying," it means they don't know, either, if he's lying or not." "If they are not sure after the two-hour presser that Christie was being honest, then why praise it to the hilt?" Rush Limbaugh

Rush: I sit here and honestly, folks, I'm surprised at the reaction on the Republican side to what is happening to Chris Christie. When that press conference was over yesterday, all of these opinion makers, or practically all, I mean, there's some exceptions to this. But all of the wise men, all of the wizards of smart said, "You know what, he handled it perfectly. Why, he was honest, we hope he was honest. He was right in there. He went out there and he nailed it. Christie was absolutely superb," and they are now stunned that the media isn't letting go of it....

These are Republicans who can't believe it. They thought Christie buried it yesterday. They thought Christie's press conference was just the greatest thing they'd ever heard and he buried it and he ended it and they can't believe -- and this is quite telling, folks. I mean, the Republican wise men are confused.... And now they're wringing their hands and they don't quite know what to make of this...."

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/01/10/...

Orlando, FL

#1059863 Jan 10, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> The words you have to now type instead of numbers to post.
Oh, okay. I get it now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Zippohead 237,668
15 Chicago School Principals 2 B Arrested 1 hr Trump is the man 2
News 15th Chicago Flamenco Festival Announces Lineup... 1 hr Trump is the man 1
Johnny Murray a/k/a Johnny's Marine 1 hr Johnny Mac 39
News More And More Chicago Restaurants Are Joining T... 1 hr Trump is the man 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Found 71,395
last post wins! (Dec '10) 2 hr honeymylove 3,021

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages