Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1396354 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

alpha dog

United States

#1059318 Jan 10, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>It is Jimmy Carter all over again. Nothing has been this bad since 1978 when the nut farmer was in charge. Now they elected a nut. Barack Hussein Jimmah Cather O'bama. Wait until the Fed announces they are scaling back. Big whoop the liberals will say: we didn't see this mess coming.
Get lost you racist Kkkhunt.
alpha dog

United States

#1059319 Jan 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>run away, little coward run away...
You better hope you bottom feeder retard.
alpha dog

United States

#1059320 Jan 10, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Geez, don't tell Miss Galt who thinks the lane closures were no worse than a few potholes.
He's toast.
His high school buddy took the 5 th
Nothing wrong with that unless you're Christie.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1059321 Jan 10, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>It is Jimmy Carter all over again. Nothing has been this bad since 1978 when the nut farmer was in charge. Now they elected a nut. Barack Hussein Jimmah Cather O'bama. Wait until the Fed announces they are scaling back. Big whoop the liberals will say: we didn't see this mess coming.
According to Market Watch the DOW is happy with the disappointing numbers. Investors banking on more bad economical news will delay more scaling back.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#1059322 Jan 10, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us what you think the term "income inequality" means
I think it means that before RayGun announced that we would start Trickle Down the average CEO made 23 times more than the worker. Today the average CEO makes almost 400 times that of the worker. In 30 years of RayGun economics the middle class has gained 18% average income. That same period the Top have gained almost 300%. The day RayGun announced Trickle Down the Top 5% in America had a net worth of $ 8 Trillion. Today the Top 5% have a net worth of $40 Trillion. In 2009, 97% of all income regained after the 2008 collapse went to the top 1%. The 400 Richest people in America have more wealth than the first 150 million Americans combined.
Are you starting to see a pattern?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1059323 Jan 10, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>lnc aka Patrick n Angela, teabagging woodtick57... LOL.. So touchung, How sweet..It's the culture....
wow! you'd have to so stupid as to be nonfunctional in the real world to mistake my posting, writing , or commenting style with anyone else's.

who wipes your ass for you?
alpha dog

United States

#1059324 Jan 10, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>Obama targets conservatives using the IRS and NOTHING happens but he appoints a special prosecutor for lane closures on a NJ bridge.
Those two have nothing to do with each other. You are just an inbred idiot.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1059325 Jan 10, 2014
Conservatives Eat Their Own for Profit

.....as a congressman representing the 32nd Congressional District of Texas for the last 16 years, Sessions has also been a staunch conservative. Among other distinctions, he's received an A+ rating from the National Rifle Association, a 100 percent rating from National Right to Life and a 97 percent lifetime rating from the American Conservative Union. His conservative credentials are second to none.

Yet this week, the Senate Conservatives Fund – a super PAC run out of a Capitol Hill townhouse by operatives of former U.S. Senator Jim DeMint – called Sessions a "Texas RINO" (that's a Republican-In-Name-Only for those unfamiliar with the term) and threatened to "actively recruit and fund a primary challenger" against him next year.

In a widely-distributed fundraising email that harkened memories of General Custer exhorting his troops before the Battle of Little Bighorn, SCF Executive Director Matt Hoskins went so far as to write, "We can't sit back and let wishy-washy Republicans like Pete Sessions destroy our freedoms."

The career-threatening offense committed by this lifelong conservative leader? As chairman of the House Rules Committee, Sessions does not appear willing to help march Republicans off a political cliff and risk the House majority by shutting down the government – cutting off checks to military families and seniors and putting at great risk the recent spending cuts achieved through sequestration – over a fantastical fight to "defund" Obamacare.

Never-mind, of course, that in 2011 even the Heritage Foundation, which today has joined with SCF to attack Republicans over Obamacare, called it a "dirty little secret" that Obamacare can't truly be defunded.

Never-mind, of course, that as a senator himself in 2011, now-president of the Heritage Foundation Jim DeMint voted for a continuing resolution to keep the government, and hence, Obamacare, "funded," which he and his allies equate today with supporting the law.

Never-mind that even staunchly conservative senators like Tom Coburn have correctly observed that Republicans, after failing to win control of the White House and Senate in 2012, flat-out do not have the votes currently to cut off Obamacare funding and, more importantly, to repeal-and-replace this terrible law.

Never-mind that after funding disastrous Senate candidates like Christine O'Donnell in Delaware, the Senate Conservatives Fund played a key role in the Republicans' failure to win that Senate majority.

None of that matters – this is about political cash, not political principle.

In fact, the Senate Conservatives Fund and Heritage Action, the political arm of the once well-respected Heritage Foundation, have spent more money so far on attack ads this year against House and Senate Republicans than the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee and Democratic National Committee, combined. All the while, virtually every Senate Democrat up for re-election in 2014 – all of whom were the deciding vote on Obamacare – has been given a free pass by these groups.

You see, money begets TV ads which begets even more money for these groups' personal coffers. Pointing fingers and attacking Republicans is apparently a very profitable fundraising business. It's also a detriment to the future of the Republican party and the critical effort to defend the House and win back the Senate in 2014.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/brian-wal...
alpha dog

United States

#1059326 Jan 10, 2014
When your bed fellows start taking the 5th you know someone is gonna roll over and take a plea deal to get fatso Christie.

St. Croix valley

#1059327 Jan 10, 2014
alpha dog wrote:
<quoted text>
You better hope you bottom feeder retard.
why would i hope that? you re no threat to me, just a pest to be squished like the rest...but i inow your type. you will run.
alpha dog

United States

#1059329 Jan 10, 2014
No, I'm sorry but the GW Bridge is NOT the IRS.
by hayden Jan 10, 2014 5:33am PST
This a rant, not a long, fact-rich diary. I am so sick of the pundits all day yesterday and now again this morning, all comparing how Christie is handling the bridge scandal to how Obama handles the IRS scandal.

What dealing IRS scandal?!!! There was NO scandal. It was only a manufactured controversy, born of the opportunistic vulture-like mind of that congressman Darryl Issa who is devoid of integrity.

Joe Scarborough is going on and on about it now and it's making me crazy.

The Republicans who have commented on the bridge scandal have made constant, glancing references. So swift, so assuming, that the interviewers might seem to be overly defensive or overly pro-Obama if they stop the line of questioning to change the topic to say, Wait a minute.

But Scarborough actually went on and on about how Obama didn't respond well to the IRS. The president didn't take responsibility, he can't blame it on others just because he has many people reporting to him. Blah blah blah.

IRS wasn't a scandal. It was an agency trying to make sure that organizations who wanted to pay no taxes, had the legal right to pay no taxes. Conservative and progressives.

The only real scandal was the blatantly dishonest way Issa cherry picks information to misrepresent and lie. It is ISSA who is the scandal.

By not responding to these constant references to "well Christie handled the bridge better than Obama handled the IRS scandal", the interviewers are letting lies trump facts. Republicans know it. They know interviewers don't want to derail conversations with factual corrections - or the interviewers, like Scarborough, either don't know or don't care. And we end up with the "IRS was a scandal" meme baked into the political consciousness and accepted as unchallenged fact forevermore.

I don't have a twitter account. But for those of you who do, please don't let these comments go unchallenged.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1059330 Jan 10, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama targets conservatives using the IRS and NOTHING happens but he appoints a special prosecutor for lane closures on a NJ bridge.
don't you mean 'nothing happened'?

your so called targeting scandal can't show a tea party group getting hit for doing anything wrong. not much of a scandal at that point.
alpha dog

United States

#1059331 Jan 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why would i hope that? you re no threat to me, just a pest to be squished like the rest...but i inow your type. you will run.
After I azz fk your who re daughter or before? She needs the two bucks I'll pay her for grad skool
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1059332 Jan 10, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>With less than 100 million people working full time and over 90 million people who need jobs,I would count that as about a 45% unemployment rate.
The Stimulus bill=fail

War on Poverty=fail

The way out of poverty and bad UE numbers is definitely not more BIG government.
alpha dog

United States

#1059333 Jan 10, 2014
Wood dicks topix experience has taken a turn for the worse.
Talk about topix impeachment. Lol
alpha dog

United States

#1059334 Jan 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>wow! you'd have to so stupid as to be nonfunctional in the real world to mistake my posting, writing , or commenting style with anyone else's.

who wipes your ass for you?
Even the retard Jew is beating your old man azz.
dumdemsmama

Satellite Beach, FL

#1059336 Jan 10, 2014
alpha dog wrote:
<quoted text>
After I azz fk your who re daughter or before? She needs the two bucks I'll pay her for grad skool
betapuppydemazzfknostrilfckfac eforsure say what? LOL

St. Croix valley

#1059338 Jan 10, 2014
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>I think it means that before RayGun announced that we would start Trickle Down the average CEO made 23 times more than the worker. Today the average CEO makes almost 400 times that of the worker. In 30 years of RayGun economics the middle class has gained 18% average income. That same period the Top have gained almost 300%. The day RayGun announced Trickle Down the Top 5% in America had a net worth of $ 8 Trillion. Today the Top 5% have a net worth of $40 Trillion. In 2009, 97% of all income regained after the 2008 collapse went to the top 1%. The 400 Richest people in America have more wealth than the first 150 million Americans combined.
Are you starting to see a pattern?
but has their standard of living gone down or raised up?

this bullshit about the middle class disappearing is just that... outside of the recent downturn from the largest recession EVER, the middle class is doing just fine, outside of OWS people telling them they need more of other people's money...

St. Croix valley

#1059339 Jan 10, 2014
alpha dog wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the retard Jew is beating your old man azz.
by not talking any issues and just tossing out playground taunts, you ARE running away, little boy....

run now...run faster! the truth of yoru stupidity is almost catching you! run faster!!!
alpha dog

United States

#1059340 Jan 10, 2014
dumdemsmama wrote:
<quoted text>betapuppydemazzfknostr ilfckfaceforsure say what? LOL
I thought you were winning woodcock?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Hill4me 217,054
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr litesong 60,174
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr GEORGIA 8,927
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr fair assessment 102,560
last post wins! (Dec '10) 5 hr Retired SOF 2,157
last post wins! (Apr '13) 5 hr Retired SOF 1,126
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 hr Ize Fund 70,734

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages