Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1290981 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1058511 Jan 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>think they will have over 60 congressional hearings for it most of them after all the facts have already been known?
How are you doing today, liar?
John Galt

Los Angeles, CA

#1058512 Jan 9, 2014
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>Like him or hate him, he's acting more presidential than Obama can ever hope to.
Told ya the bottom feeders would get back on Christies bandwagon after he did something as dumb as they are.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1058513 Jan 9, 2014
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Like him or hate him, he's acting more presidential than Obama can ever hope to.
Not sure about Christie. Right now, looking elsewhere.

Honolulu, HI

#1058514 Jan 9, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Glenn beck is a funny guy.
unlike obamazombies, conservative don't defend the indefensible.
I suppose we could blame bush
lol! I know... the chaulkboard general!
John Galt

Los Angeles, CA

#1058515 Jan 9, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>HACHACHACHA

Nuculur option wrote, "<quoted text>
Vaginas aren't good at facts. They just spew nasty mucous."

Nuculur option wrote, "<quoted text>
You would look good, splattered all over my front yard.
Or in handcuffs, if I felt sorry for you."

It's the culture...
He forgot to call you a filthy Jew Kkkhunt.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1058517 Jan 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet there have been no scandals, just unfounded accusations you weak minded people bought into like the parrots you are.
you have attempted to show what these supposed scandal were and were rebuked in every front...
wanna cracker, pretty bird?
Hahahahaha, are you REALLY this stupid, or do you just play stupid on Topix??

Honolulu, HI

#1058518 Jan 9, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know the KKK originated in the south and were affiliated with the Democratic Party?
As far as the convicted former Black Panther/cop killer, Mumia Abu-Jamal, a three-judge panel of the U.S. Third Circuit Court of Appeals upheld the murder conviction, the United States Supreme Court allowed his conviction to stand and the Third Circuit again affirmed the conviction.
The only reason this story is even relevant is because this president nominated one of this guy's staunchest supporters who was responsible for freeing him to head the Civil Rights Division in the Department of Justice.
It's almost like Obama thrives on racial controversy as if to say "in your face" to the rest of us.
Eric Holder and Obama are two peas in a pod and now there are three sharing the same pod.
Couldn't Obama find anyone else who wasn't involved in a racial controversy to head the Civil Rights Division - of all departments?
So what's your point?

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1058519 Jan 9, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
Good for Chris Christie who fired his Deputy Chief of Staff.
If he was a Democrat like Obama with his many scandals, he would do nothing.
I'm looking for news stories where an outraged media is calling for Obama administration heads to roll after any one of the many scandals.

Maybe Christie needs to jump ship and declare himself a democrat. Then the media would be saying his actions today showed what an honest, tough, and no nonsense politician he was.

Still looking, by the way...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1058520 Jan 9, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You're doing well, but I see their blind hatred and ignorance
has caused you to call them names like idiots.
That's exactly what they want. Anyway, I haven't much time today.
I did learn that .297 is actually 1/3!! Amazing. LOL
No wonder they're all poor folks!!
Killtaker, forks, tell_it, all the same nitwit. You've made him cry.
I'll go easy on you. You've gotten used to dealing with the Waxmans and Carols.
You presented a false comparison. Buildings are an immutable fact of human activity, have been since ancient man began building shelters. It's not like we're going to stop building homes and offices, so let's dispense of this nonsense.......
Windmills are a recent innovation, and have the ability to wreak havoc on anything that flies near them.
You basically made the argument that windmills are ok because buildings cause more bird deaths.
That's dumb. Because man's other activities kill more birds, that justifies windmills??
I believe you are a conservative. On this issue, you prove yourself as willing to make false comparisons as I would expect from a con.
You like to be dismissive, but it marks you as condescending, much like Carol and the wingnuts.
You just do it with facts, they use fear and conspiracies.
Bird deaths might be the least of windmill problems.
Study suggests wind turbines' low-frequency noise could cause health woes
Read more:
wasn't that just the best!.297 is actually "fully one-third" ...

don't go easy on me...why do those building have to have windows? and you know it is the windows that are the problem, not the buildings...

how much bird habitat is destroyed mining for coal to create the power the windmills would create? so many factors here. the bird deaths by windmills are insignificant in the larger picture...and i am a lifelong birder with a in the wildlife re-hab industry...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1058521 Jan 9, 2014
97 percent agree...

'New Study: Climate Scientists Overwhelmingly Agree Global Warming Is Real and Our Fault'

WHO are these 97 percenters?

"approximately 5 percent were climate scientists'

"...and 8.5% of the respondents indicated that more than 50% of their peer-reviewed publications in the past 5 years have been on the subject of climate change..."

Bethlehem, PA

#1058522 Jan 9, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the shame? Christie expressed outrage yesterday upon learning about it and heads rolled today.
We're still waiting for all those "investigations" and "getting to the bottom of things" involving much more serious wrongdoings in the Obama administration to come to fruition. Much less anyone held accountable - as was promised.
But that was before Obama waited a sufficient amount of time for the liberal media to lose interest and announced the scandals for which he had once expressed "outrage" were just phony after all and told us to move along because there wasn't anything to see here.
And you went along about your business humming dum de dum de dum de dum dum dum.. Or, rather, the liberal version "dumb de dumb de dumb dumb dumb."
He's done, even conservatives are piling on.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1058523 Jan 9, 2014
New Jersey Lane Closures Delayed Emergency Response To 91-Year-Old Woman Who Later Died: Report

""Emergency response teams were reportedly delayed in traffic caused by lane closures on the George Washington Bridge in September, including one vehicle responding to a 91-year-old woman in cardiac arrest who later died.

The lane closures and its resulting gridlock, which created major problems for New Jersey commuters, have become a political headache for Gov. Chris Christie (R), who has maintained that he had nothing to do with the decision to close the lanes.

According to a letter from EMS coordinator Paul Favia to Fort Lee, N.J. Mayor Mark Sokolich obtained by The Bergen Record, at least four emergency vehicles were stuck in traffic caused by the unannounced lane closures, doubling response time in at least two of the cases.

The Record reports:

On Sept. 9, the first day of the traffic paralysis, EMS crews took seven to nine minutes to arrive at the scene of a vehicle accident where four people were injured, when the response time should have been less than four minutes, he wrote.
It also took EMS seven minutes to reach an unconscious 91-year-old woman who later died of cardiac arrest at a hospital. Although he did not say her death was directly caused by the delays, Favia noted that “paramedics were delayed due to heavy traffic on Fort Lee Road and had to meet the ambulance en-route to the hospital instead of on the scene.”

Now that Christie has self destructed, this clears the way for a Hillary landslide!!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1058524 Jan 9, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you doing today, liar?
smacking the idiots around again...

you still have yet to produce one verifiable lie i have ever told...why is that?

until you do, you are making your self a liar every time you post that lie....

i can see logic is beyond your capabilities...keep parroting what you can't comprehend.

wanna cracker?
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1058525 Jan 9, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot to call you a filthy Jew Kkkhunt.
It's the culture...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1058526 Jan 9, 2014
You can trust me!

I never lie (when I'm sleeping!)

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1058527 Jan 9, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>A quick google search proves that to be bullsht.
Prescriptions for four opiates – hydrocodone, oxycodone, methadone and morphine – have surged by 270 percent in the past 12 years, according to data CIR obtained through the Freedom of Information Act. CIR’s analysis for the first time exposes the full scope of that increase, which far outpaced the growth in VA patients and varied dramatically across the nation.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1058528 Jan 9, 2014
random post on faulty human 'gods' bay quarterbacks.....
"It's hard to return to obscurity once you have been a star. These "scientists" will fight to the bitter end. Infamy is better than no attention at all."
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1058529 Jan 9, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Obama is a joke"
dennis rudeman is the boy president, nobama's, nominee to be the next US ambassador to north korea.
Happy New Year
Don't you think that he should be able to speak coherently first?

Honolulu, HI

#1058530 Jan 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"My Point" was that "Whatever" was an idiot by claiming that the American Thinker wasn't being biased in its reporting.
lol! That's what happens under their brainwashing scheme.

They lose all objectivity!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1058531 Jan 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you asleep during 2008 campaign?
Obama, July, 2008: "Now is the time for a responsible redeployment of our combat troops that pushes Iraq’s leaders toward a political solution, rebuilds our military, and refocuses on Afghanistan and our broader security interests." "Political posturing"? Bull
Date: Spring 2002
To bad it didn't succeed. We would all be better off.
Yes, Obama played by the rules and acted the part as was expected of him to win. He even sent troops into Afghanistan and into harm's way because he couldn't say enough times it was the "right war" in order to win. But after being elected and sending those soldiers into a war zone, less than 24 hours later, he announced a withdrawal deadline.

Now that's what I call commitment by a Commander-in-Chief who believes in what he's doing at the risk of losing lives...not!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Learn to Read 198,391
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Chris Tolles Zuck... 100,844
News Murders keep adding up for deadliest September ... 4 hr bozo 3341 1
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 9 hr RJS 8,157
Amy 10-3-15 11 hr RACE 2
Abby 10-3-15 11 hr RACE 2
News Should prostitution be less illegal-or more? 12 hr Truthwillsetyoufree 164
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages