Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1704793 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1059161 Jan 9, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The drugs are flowing freely tonight I see.
thought about commenting, but not really worth the trouble....
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1059162 Jan 9, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The drugs are flowing freely tonight I see.
He could be stealing names and posting insults to disrupt the board.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1059163 Jan 9, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Poe was great as a macabre writer just as Plath was. As the madness over took them the intensity of their writing grew.
This is true but the central issue with using bad or simply wrong quotes to promote an idea is very commonplace today and doesn't seem to show signs of abating.

For example, Dennis Rodman can dribble and so his brothers and the black community at large immediately think he's a great diplomat and an ambassador between cultures. A fading sports celebrity, a cross-dressing shower-buttie is going to be allowed to befriend a murderous enemy of humanity and make light of it. Jesse thinks its great.

WRONG. The guy is a loose canon waiting to fire.

Some people, men and women, are great comedians. Large audiences are drawn to them. Suddenly, they view themselves as sociopolitical gurus for the masses. In turn, those unthinking masses believe that good comedians are sociopolitical gurus and make great politicians.

A talent for humor automatically qualifies someone to become Mahatma Gandhi and Karl Marx?

Hollywood actors deal in fiction as a matter of career choice but then when they try applying that same sort of fiction into the sociopolitical realm, clueless fans immediately equate Favorite Actor with Salvation Of Mankind. Heck, they did it in the last 10 of their hit movies!

I am not saying that America should be stratified into a caste system where everyone needs to remain inside of their class restrictions. Hell, even a great gigolo like me could rise to any national occasion or level of prominence.

The point is that the mistake being made by the voters is equating popularity with competence. It's an old story, for sure, but particularly severe at this moment in history.

Lapeer, MI

#1059164 Jan 9, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
By Robert B. Parker:
1. The Godwulf Manuscript (1973)
2. God Save the Child (1974)
3. Mortal Stakes (1975)
4. Promised Land (1976)(Edgar Award, 1977, Best Novel; adapted into pilot episode of Spenser: For Hire)
5. The Judas Goat (1978; adapted into Lifetime TV movie)
6. Looking for Rachel Wallace (1980)
7. Early Autumn (1981)
8. A Savage Place (1981; adapted into Lifetime TV movie)
9. Ceremony (1982; adapted into Lifetime TV movie)
10. The Widening Gyre (1983)
11. Valediction (1984)
12. A Catskill Eagle (1985)
13. Taming a Sea Horse (1986)
14. Pale Kings and Princes (1987; adapted into Lifetime TV movie)
15. Crimson Joy (1988)
16. Playmates (1989)
17. Stardust (1990)
18. Pastime (1991)
19. Double Deuce (1992)
20. Paper Doll (1993)
21. Walking Shadow (1994; adapted into A&E TV movie)
22. Thin Air (1995; adapted into A&E TV movie)
23. Chance (1996)
24. Small Vices (1997; adapted into A&E TV movie)
25. Sudden Mischief (1998)
26. Hush Money (1999)
27. Hugger Mugger (2000)
28. Potshot (2001)
29. Widow's Walk (2002)
30. Back Story (2003)
31. Bad Business (2004)
32. Cold Service (2005)
33. School Days (2005)
34. Hundred-Dollar Baby (2006)
35. Now and Then (2007)
36. Rough Weather (2008)
37. Chasing the Bear: A Young Spenser Novel (2009)
38. The Professional (2009)
39. Painted Ladies (2010)
40. Sixkill (2011)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......

You're barely hanging on to the faucet nozzle right about now.

Typing From The Toilet Seat is getting to be a bad habit of yours, Lnc.

So.....what days of the week are you sober?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1059165 Jan 9, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Woody Allen is a Progressive pedophile with a fast mouth.
Try quoting someone with more credibility.
Edgar Allen Poe died penniless, a drunk, broke card player. Good writer, though.
You need some better sources for your causes, Dood.
Ever heard of Daffy Duck? I love the guy.
I find it amusing how the two anti-religion posters both come off sounding like church ladies from the old SNL skit.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1059166 Jan 9, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
lefties love the Communism of the Roman Catholic Church, but hate the big money side...
of course, in that respect the Roman Church is exactly like big government...
Slight difference, the church relys on donations, the demorat government steals it at the point of a gun.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1059167 Jan 9, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
James Rosen made an announcement on the O'Reilly Factor tonight that he and his team have uncovered new and apparently significant information related to Benghazi that will be released sometime in the near future. Stay tuned.
Night.
Does Barry"i don't know" Oblamer know?

“no one told me”

Denver

#1059168 Jan 9, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>It's amazing.
Instead of going back to 1961, you've now gone back to the creation of the 2nd Amendment to 'prove' your Obama points!
Evening, Fartsack.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1059169 Jan 9, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Panthers
Hopefully 2 of the black panthers will impregnate Oblamers daughters and hook them on smack..

Lapeer, MI

#1059170 Jan 9, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it amusing how the two anti-religion posters both come off sounding like church ladies from the old SNL skit.
There is great similarity between the antics of Fire-And-Brimstone preachers and Marxist Wackos like Castro, Lenin, Stalin, Khrushchev or the bizarre, manic body languages of Hitler and Mussolini.

Religious fervor is not just for the religious.

Yer right. Some of these Topix Progressives are like Satanic Cheerleaders, Carnival Barkers for a Dark Circus but surely they exhibit the exuberance of a good, foot-stompin, hand-clappin', Roll-In-The-Sawdast Oklahoma Brother Love's Travelin' Salvation Show!

“no one told me”

Denver

#1059171 Jan 9, 2014
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
How about to someone whose good paying full time job, with benefits has been replaced by 2 (or more) low paying part time jobs with no benefits, and are now forced to purchase health insurance with ridiculously high deductibles that they can't afford?
Walmartcare proven better than Ostupidakare.

Libs are soooo stupid.

Lapeer, MI

#1059172 Jan 9, 2014
When government makes you sick.

A rash of Euroenthusiasm: http://tinyurl.com/p2gy7an

“no one told me”

Denver

#1059173 Jan 9, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Pound on that all you want Carol but your progressive bias in the news is a myth.
You're a moron and a liar. kill yourself now.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1059174 Jan 9, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
He's one yours you midget Kkkhunt.
How can you post when yur boyfriend is teabagging you 24/7 ?

“no one told me”

Denver

#1059176 Jan 9, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Budgets submitted by Presidents are always changed & modified by Congress. They are just a guideline.
The point, dickwad, is you can't blame Obama for not having budgets if they did not pass Congress.
My God you people are dumber than sh*t.
Walmartcare proven better than Ostupidakare, Doorknob.

Lapeer, MI

#1059177 Jan 9, 2014
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully 2 of the black panthers will impregnate Oblamers daughters and hook them on smack..
If they do, Eric Racist Holder will send them to the Principal's Office.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1059179 Jan 9, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true but the central issue with using bad or simply wrong quotes to promote an idea is very commonplace today and doesn't seem to show signs of abating.
For example, Dennis Rodman can dribble and so his brothers and the black community at large immediately think he's a great diplomat and an ambassador between cultures. A fading sports celebrity, a cross-dressing shower-buttie is going to be allowed to befriend a murderous enemy of humanity and make light of it. Jesse thinks its great.
WRONG. The guy is a loose canon waiting to fire.
Some people, men and women, are great comedians. Large audiences are drawn to them. Suddenly, they view themselves as sociopolitical gurus for the masses. In turn, those unthinking masses believe that good comedians are sociopolitical gurus and make great politicians.
A talent for humor automatically qualifies someone to become Mahatma Gandhi and Karl Marx?
Hollywood actors deal in fiction as a matter of career choice but then when they try applying that same sort of fiction into the sociopolitical realm, clueless fans immediately equate Favorite Actor with Salvation Of Mankind. Heck, they did it in the last 10 of their hit movies!
I am not saying that America should be stratified into a caste system where everyone needs to remain inside of their class restrictions. Hell, even a great gigolo like me could rise to any national occasion or level of prominence.
The point is that the mistake being made by the voters is equating popularity with competence. It's an old story, for sure, but particularly severe at this moment in history.
The "talent in humor" is being used to qualify the comedians into the cool kids club with Jon Stewart as case in point. And the reason fine humor with just the right touch of humanity and humility is lost. A lot of humor any more sounds like high school taunts.

I suppose maybe it is true that all the electronics has created a nation of alienated people longing for acceptance and at minimum recognition so they think they too can be cool just like Stewart or maybe even Obama by being the cheerleaders standing alone on the side lines.
dem

Chicago, IL

#1059180 Jan 10, 2014
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>Hopefully 2 of the black panthers will impregnate Oblamers daughters and hook them on smack..
Like what happened to your daughter the swallower.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1059181 Jan 10, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Like what happened to your daughter the swallower.
Mornin' Ghost. Were you that fat tranny in the movie Polyester 1981?
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1059184 Jan 10, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
To deal with the onslaught of rising costs, businesses will have no other choice but to fire or lay off workers or cut health insurance benefits for everyone in the company and continue to reduce full-time employees to part-time. Some will simply go out of business.
And your evidence for this is what Carol? A crystal ball? Tea leaves? Bird entrails?
No you're just having a right wing wet dream.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 12 min Alain Vain 11,953
Florida shooter is White Nationalist scum 1 hr Rose of Tralee 12
Trump is A 1 hr Rose of Tralee 464
TEACHER of year at FL. middle school posts mess... 1 hr Rose of Tralee 6
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr TinFoilHatGuy 243,315
Men that wear panties 2 hr Float UR Boat 2
Word (Dec '08) 11 hr RACE 6,921

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages