Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1058129 Jan 9, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
The battle over unemployment benefits and the minimum wage has ignited a broader debate over whether Republicans should roll out a new poverty agenda. The Post’s Philip Rucker and Robert Costa report that Republican lawmakers are engaged in a debate over how – or whether — to roll out an agenda designed to address “mounting concerns over economic fairness and the growing gap between the rich and the poor,” which will be increasingly important in 2014.
The policy specifics being discussed by Republicans have already been widely dissected. Josh Barro argues Republicans don’t have any ideas designed to deal with the slack labor market or stagnating wages. Ed Kilgore notes that the ideas being discussed are just about disabling or liberating people from government, rather than improving it. Brian Beutler notes that conservatives never seem to get around to explaining how they would help the poor. Steve Benen decries the same old “tax breaks and privatization schemes.”
Beyond the specifics, however, this nugget in the Post piece jumps out:
For the GOP, the challenge is to move beyond the rhetoric of past campaigns and focus on specific policies showing the party would be effective on behalf of the poor. While some leading Republican figures are developing their own policy prescriptions in anticipation of the 2016 presidential race, there is little consensus within the party about a shared poverty agenda.[...]
…there is deep disagreement among Republican leaders and strategists over whether to embrace an economic-mobility agenda in the 2014 midterm campaigns. Some Republicans are wary of doing so, seeing it as playing on Democrats’ home turf, and think they are better off drawing voters’ attention to the rocky rollout of the health-care law and other problems plaguing Obama.
How's this for a poverty agenda....

End all welfare. There are 30+ million illegal aliens here. If you want a job, take one of those jobs. Work or starve.

If you notice, every poverty area looks like a goddam garbage dump. People who won't even get off their asses to clean up their own neighborhood will never be worth anything, and their living standard will always be poverty. It's like putting a school in front of them. They see it. They go sit inside it. But they are just too lazy to use it. If the average person in any ghetto had the initiative to just clean up their own neighborhood, then they wouldn't be living in poverty. They would also be the type of culture that accepted the reality that working gets you out of poverty.
You won't change anything by wasting your money investing in people who won't even get off their asses to clean up around them.
You're an idiot dupe.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1058130 Jan 9, 2014
Anyone know the name of the old lady that died because her ambulance couldn't get to the hospital in time because of Chris Christie's lane closure?

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1058132 Jan 9, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
How's this for a poverty agenda....
End all welfare. There are 30+ million illegal aliens here. If you want a job, take one of those jobs. Work or starve.
If you notice, every poverty area looks like a goddam garbage dump. People who won't even get off their asses to clean up their own neighborhood will never be worth anything, and their living standard will always be poverty. It's like putting a school in front of them. They see it. They go sit inside it. But they are just too lazy to use it. If the average person in any ghetto had the initiative to just clean up their own neighborhood, then they wouldn't be living in poverty. They would also be the type of culture that accepted the reality that working gets you out of poverty.
You won't change anything by wasting your money investing in people who won't even get off their asses to clean up around them.
You're an idiot dupe.
Hey DB, here's a conspiracy for you. When did Christie know about the lane closures? Why did he lie about it? How many people died because of it? How much did it cost the taxpayers?

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1058133 Jan 9, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah! I mean, who doesn't know that global warming means the Earth gets colder?
You're a moron.
Here's what "global scientist" Pat Robertson has to say about it:
“It’s getting warmer, you know, in Jupiter and they don’t have any SUVs driving around on Jupiter. I mean, it has nothing to do with greenhouse gases, it has to do with the axis of the sun.”
Are you going with the "axis of the sun" theory too.
TheIndependentMa jority

Mount Vernon, KY

#1058134 Jan 9, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
Darn! it's so cold out this morning the Democrats have their hands in their own pockets!
Bottle some of it for future societal working class safeguard measures lol.
TheIndependentMa jority

Mount Vernon, KY

#1058135 Jan 9, 2014
Emeem wrote:
Anyone know the name of the old lady that died because her ambulance couldn't get to the hospital in time because of Chris Christie's lane closure?
Bottled cold-a good safeguard against greedy and corrupt--
AND DESPERRATE, lowlife jackboot, imbecelic DUHM-BO-lickers, like this parrot media mud slinging ho's above.

GOOOOOOOOOOOO...
CHRISTIE,/Ryan/Paul...Uncle Joe et al 2016!

T.E.A. 2016!

Leadership FOR working class America again-Not CommieTIC divide and drain against it!!
TheIndependentMa jority

Mount Vernon, KY

#1058136 Jan 9, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey DB, here's a conspiracy for you. When did Christie know about the lane closures? Why did he lie about it? How many people died because of it? How much did it cost the taxpayers?
Shame there wasn't a fwee obammer phone stand on duh road that day!!!
dem

United States

#1058137 Jan 9, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>Shame there wasn't a fwee obammer phone stand on duh road that day!!!
More dumb lies from a dumb toothless hillbilly.
dem

United States

#1058138 Jan 9, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah! I mean, who doesn't know that global warming means the Earth gets colder?
You're a moron.
Way to break it down you unemployed jagoff.
dem

United States

#1058139 Jan 9, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>Here's what "global scientist" Pat Robertson has to say about it:
“It’s getting warmer, you know, in Jupiter and they don’t have any SUVs driving around on Jupiter. I mean, it has nothing to do with greenhouse gases, it has to do with the axis of the sun.”
Are you going with the "axis of the sun" theory too.
God probably told him.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1058140 Jan 9, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey DB, here's a conspiracy for you. When did Christie know about the lane closures? Why did he lie about it? How many people died because of it? How much did it cost the taxpayers?
If you put people like Christie in as governor, don't be surprised if the government gets staffed with people who do things like this. It is possible that Christie didn't know about this particular event. But, it is impossible for Christie to spend a career in a political machine that routinely does things like this and not know what kind of a shitbag organization he joined.
Christie is a Democrat wearing a RINO costume. He's just another coward thug bully. Put him on the street and he'd be that person who will pretend to be your friend and stab you in the back. If he was anything the Democrats didn't want to be governor, they would not have agreed to pull their primary challenger out of the race and replace him with a sure loser in exchange for Christie sabotaging Romney.
Christie is no different than Peter King.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1058141 Jan 9, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Suggest you read more information about the Great Depression.
http://uspolitics.about.com/od/economy/tp/wha...
The Feds raised interest rates to curb Wall Street speculation. The banks had loaned money to finance post WWI restoration and then began failing. A five year bull run on the market led to the stock market crash.
Hoover and Congress did raise tariffs to protect the American farmer resulting in a decline in world trade but economists agree that alone did not cause the Great Depression.
The real question is was the New Deal, excessive federal government legislation, increasing the deficit to unprecedented heights, raising taxes, removing the nation from the gold standard, and the birth of big government the right solution to ending the Great Depression.
http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h1851.html
You keep ignoring the fact that the Republicans held control of both houses of Congress and occupied the White House since 1921 Carol. Their laissez Faire policies toward business and the stock market allowed such risky transactions like buying stock on margin with as little as 10% down.
Yes Carol what Roosevelt did was exactly right. He tightened regulations and went into deficit spending on public works projects that put Americans back to work. Millions of unemployed people were put to work. Large numbers of roads, buildings, post offices, and public works built in the 1930s can be found in every county in America. The impact of public works and relief programs extended well beyond the labor market. An added dollar of public works and relief spending in a U.S. county was associated with an increase in retail sales of roughly 40 to 50 cents. Given typical ratios of retail sales to income, this suggests that incomes in the county grew roughly 85 cents at the mean when a dollar was added to public works and relief spending. Counties with greater great public works and relief spending appeared to be more attractive to workers, as these counties experienced more in-migration during the 1930s. Recent studies of the relief programs in the largest cities suggest that spending an additional $2.5 million in year 2008 dollars (about $200,000 in 1935) on relief was associated with a reduction of one infant death, a suicide, 2.5 deaths from infectious and parasitic diseases, one death from diarrhea, and 21 property crimes.
The rigidity of the gold standard made things worse not only in the US but in other countries as well. Great Britain and Scandinavia, which left the gold standard in 1931, recovered much earlier than France and Belgium, which remained on gold much longer. Roosevelt didn't end the gold standard Carol though he should have. He did prohibit the private ownership of gold except as jewelry to prevent a run on gold reserves. It was Richard Nixon who ended the gold standard and created our system of fiat currency.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1058142 Jan 9, 2014
~~~~~ OBAMA BINGO ~~~~~
HOW TO ENJOY OBAMA SPEECHES
I used to avoid listening to Obama's speeches.
Now, I look forward to the next one.
Here is something to help make Obama's speeches almost tolerable.
Just print this page, distribute it to friends,
then tune in to his next speech........

http://plancksconstant.org/blog1/2013/09/obam...

Rules for Barack Bingo:
1. Before Barack Obama's next televised speech, print your
"Bullshit Bingo Card"
2. Check off the appropriate block when you hear one of those words/phrases.
3. When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, stand up
and shout "BULLSHIT!"
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1058143 Jan 9, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Syndicated columnists don't write the headlines or report the news with a progressive bias and why progressive columnists aren't necessary.
Pound on that all you want Carol but your progressive bias in the news is a myth.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1058144 Jan 9, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
More dumb lies from a dumb toothless hillbilly.
You Tea Bagger dem are 99Percent all Mouth. The other 1% is anybody's guess of your inbred hillbilly defect...

It's the culture..
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1058145 Jan 9, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep ignoring the fact that the Republicans held control of both houses of Congress and occupied the White House since 1921 Carol. Their laissez Faire policies toward business and the stock market allowed such risky transactions like buying stock on margin with as little as 10% down.
Yes Carol what Roosevelt did was exactly right. He tightened regulations and went into deficit spending on public works projects that put Americans back to work. Millions of unemployed people were put to work. Large numbers of roads, buildings, post offices, and public works built in the 1930s can be found in every county in America. The impact of public works and relief programs extended well beyond the labor market. An added dollar of public works and relief spending in a U.S. county was associated with an increase in retail sales of roughly 40 to 50 cents. Given typical ratios of retail sales to income, this suggests that incomes in the county grew roughly 85 cents at the mean when a dollar was added to public works and relief spending. Counties with greater great public works and relief spending appeared to be more attractive to workers, as these counties experienced more in-migration during the 1930s. Recent studies of the relief programs in the largest cities suggest that spending an additional $2.5 million in year 2008 dollars (about $200,000 in 1935) on relief was associated with a reduction of one infant death, a suicide, 2.5 deaths from infectious and parasitic diseases, one death from diarrhea, and 21 property crimes.
The rigidity of the gold standard made things worse not only in the US but in other countries as well. Great Britain and Scandinavia, which left the gold standard in 1931, recovered much earlier than France and Belgium, which remained on gold much longer. Roosevelt didn't end the gold standard Carol though he should have. He did prohibit the private ownership of gold except as jewelry to prevent a run on gold reserves. It was Richard Nixon who ended the gold standard and created our system of fiat currency.
Well dingbat, if we go by your standard, might as well bring up the fact Demo-KKK-Rats started the KKK, more Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act.

The economy came back here because we were a supplying nation early on in the war you idiot, not because of anything Ruse-evelt did.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1058146 Jan 9, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Pound on that all you want Carol but your progressive bias in the news is a myth.
Let us know when you come out of your coma, libtarded one.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1058147 Jan 9, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's what "global scientist" Pat Robertson has to say about it:
“It’s getting warmer, you know, in Jupiter and they don’t have any SUVs driving around on Jupiter. I mean, it has nothing to do with greenhouse gases, it has to do with the axis of the sun.”
Are you going with the "axis of the sun" theory too.
The Earth will do what the combined effect of the sun and it's own thermodynamic engine determine. The Earth's atmosphere is nothing more than an extension of the sun's atmosphere.
Right now, we are at the end of one of multiple ice ages in a warming trend. Nobody knows when that trend will reverse and the Earth goes into another ice age, or whether the most previous ice age was the last in an ice age era. During this warming trend, there have been several documented periods when the warming trend was temporarily reversed.
I think these wacko global warming "scientists" don't have a clue. I think they know they don't have a clue. The documented scientific findings are the Earth's warming trend in the previous centure averaged about 1.2degC per decade. The global warming wacko "scientists" grabbed 2.0degC per decade out of thin air to construct a climate model that fit their politically charged agenda.... Obama isn't the only fraud pretending to be something he's not.
dem

United States

#1058148 Jan 9, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>If you put people like Christie in as governor, don't be surprised if the government gets staffed with people who do things like this. It is possible that Christie didn't know about this particular event. But, it is impossible for Christie to spend a career in a political machine that routinely does things like this and not know what kind of a shitbag organization he joined.
Christie is a Democrat wearing a RINO costume. He's just another coward thug bully. Put him on the street and he'd be that person who will pretend to be your friend and stab you in the back. If he was anything the Democrats didn't want to be governor, they would not have agreed to pull their primary challenger out of the race and replace him with a sure loser in exchange for Christie sabotaging Romney.
Christie is no different than Peter King.
He's one yours you midget Kkkhunt.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1058149 Jan 9, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Pound on that all you want Carol but your progressive bias in the news is a myth.
RealDave sock PDUPONT promoting the demise of the family, killing common sense, a loss of traditional family values, a welfare state that holds the poor in mediocrity, an allegiance to the demokRatic party that promulgates the welfare state for families and communism, yet which, 50 years ago, was for segregation and FDR Jim Crow.

RealDave sock PDUPONT, such a vile and unworthy idiot....

It's the culture...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 min Agents of Corruption 51,442
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 min Cold Front 69,112
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min Dale 184,869
Atheists can't prove there is no God. (Mar '11) 5 hr Sumpins Up 220
Dear Abby 3-1-15 6 hr tiredofit 3
Couple of goodies. What say you? 6 hr LetsGiveItATry 2
Who Do We Blame For Bruce Jenner? 6 hr Broads ON Brooms 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:18 am PST

Bleacher Report 7:18AM
Best Options to Replace Briggs This Offseason
Bleacher Report 8:12 AM
Buzz: Colts Eyeing Trades for Veteran WRs Including Marshall
Bleacher Report 1:14 PM
Could Bears Ever Get Fair Trade Value for Forte?
Bleacher Report 1:40 PM
Wayne Undergoes Surgery on Triceps
NFL 2:44 PM
Reggie Wayne had surgery, mulling Colts future