Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 48,634)

Showing posts 972,661 - 972,680 of1,034,210
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
OBL declares war against the US and Bill Clinton, jihad in Muslim, a holy war waged by Muslims against America's infidels.
ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN)-- A never-before-seen al Qaeda video obtained by CNN shows Osama bin Laden declaring war against the United States and the West.
The tape of a May 26, 1998, news conference is among 64 obtained in Afghanistan from a source, who said the tapes were found in an Afghan house where bin Laden had stayed...
http://articles.cnn.com/2002-08-19/us/terror....
"Al Qaeda has been decimated," Obama bin Lyin
The War Mongering Sickness and Poison of Unconscious Liberalism
It's the culture...
So, giving Al Qaeda weapons and helping them take over some country would be treason, right?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I read just fine.
You went from constantly replaced to a small reduction in the ability to hold a charge.
In a discussion about emissions
Why?
What was your point??
Just because t had to do with reducing emissions in regard to being green, you had to post something negative about it.
Your post was not only just incorrect but stupid.
What's stupid is a global warming nut calling someone else stupid.
You're just pretending to be this stupid, right?
No Surprize

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, giving Al Qaeda weapons and helping them take over some country would be treason, right?
Obama bin Lyin and John Kerry aiding Al Qaeda in Syria will that work...

The War Mongering Sickness and Poison of Unconscious Liberalism..

It's the culture..

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe you ran away from this previously:
It's 9/12. You're the president. What do you do?
Do you:
1) Surrender to the Islamist jihad? Or;
2) Do the Bill Clinton thing and lob a few cruise missiles into their general direction? Or;
3) Do the exact same thing in the exact same place against the exact same enemy as the Soviets, and somehow expect a different outcome? Or;
4) You do something different that gives you a better chance of defeating the Islamist jihad in their own backyard?
If you choose 4) do something different, what is it that you would have done?
I'm betting you'd run away just like you ran away from this question a dozen times.
I'd ask for volunteers from teabaggers like yourself that beat their patriotic chests every day to go over to whatever Islamic country they wanted to and have at it.
After they wiped your sorry asses out I would sign a truce and promise never to send Americans troops to interfere in their countries politics again.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Obama bin Lyin and John Kerry aiding Al Qaeda in Syria will that work...
The War Mongering Sickness and Poison of Unconscious Liberalism..
It's the culture..
They're Marxist communists and Islamists. Both are at war with western civilization and intend to eliminate it and institute their own ideology.
Any assistance to either is treason.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

Judged:

Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd ask for volunteers from teabaggers like yourself that beat their patriotic chests every day to go over to whatever Islamic country they wanted to and have at it.
After they wiped your sorry asses out I would sign a truce and promise never to send Americans troops to interfere in their countries politics again.
I do believe you're running away from this again.

To correct your statements and give to you the facts of history:
The US Armed Forces is all volunteer. They didn't beat their chests (like Democrats do in Washington every day). The beat the hell out of the Islamist imperialists.
They didn't wipe anyone out. The facts of history are, they got hammered by the American volunteers to a point where they were hiding in caves, only to be saved when Bush left office and Obama surrendered to them.
What you're saying is, it's ok for the radical Islamist Arabs to come half way around the world and kill Americans, but it's not ok for Americans to retaliate and put a stop to that bullshit, right?

So, let's take a look at your answer:

Do you:
2) Do the Bill Clinton thing and lob a few cruise missiles into their general direction? Or;
3) Do the exact same thing in the exact same place against the exact same enemy as the Soviets, and somehow expect a different outcome? Or;
4) You do something different that gives you a better chance of defeating the Islamist jihad in their own backyard?
I'm betting you'd run away just like you ran away from this question a dozen times.

"...I would sign a truce...."
You would surrender, right? You do know that the truce would have to include the United States becoming a muslim country and instituting Sharia Law, right? That's the real reason they attacked us. Your "American imperialism" bullshit just doesn't hold up when compared to the facts of history.

No Surprize

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

Judged:

Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Put bluntly, President Clinton ordered assaults on Iraq, Serbia, Sudan, Yemen, half of Europe and Afghanistan you idiot. The Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 and every single democrat voted and said Saddam was an imminent threat and Saddam and his WMD's had to be removed you dumbass...

The Clinton Administration is guilty of committing a flagrant, shameful act of aggression against and inflaming the Muslim world... Obama bin Lyin, Hillary and Kerry, them now owning and supporting the war... Making the liberals and Obama bin Lyin responsible and accountable for Clinton starting his illegal wars...

"Al Qaeda has been decimated," Obama bin Lyin

It's the culture...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
<spam>
So, where are the reoports about the Obamabot so-called "news" networks picking up these viewers?
Looks like you lost them first, and they're already tired of your bullshit.
Perhaps if the so-called "news" networks showed the TEA Party putting some common sense back into our government, the so-called "news" wouldn't look like obvious propaganda.
another who complains that nutjob ideas aren't being taken seriously.

last i looked the tea party was less than 20% of the voting public. add the 22% rating(thank you tea party!) of the GOP in Congress and your pipe dream might as well be an Obama hit piece on FOX.......

people ignore stupid. if you can't back up an 'idea' with something that supports the assertion that you've put forward.... have you ever taken a good hard look at your brand of 'logic''? sometimes i wonder if you aren't a failed author of romance novels. the flights of fancy sometimes put Donald Trump to shame.

“Festina lente”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
Liz Cheney drops out of Wyoming race.
American embassy in Lebanon issues warning to US citizens there, encourages leaving the country if possible..
Hilary would say: "Everything's just fine. Besides, what difference does it make?"

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

Judged:

...if Bush was in office...

'49,000 NC Medicaid Cards Mailed To Wrong Addresses'

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2014/01/04/4900...
Chicagoan by Birth

Mishawaka, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
What's stupid is a global warming nut calling someone else stupid.
'Ol Davey Boie is a Hil-Bily apologist or for any Demorat Administration. When was Global Warming put in the lexicon??
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nowhere in the Constitution is there any mention of the "validity of religion in the public arena and society" as being "necessarily limited."
Progressive secularism intends to silence any expression of "freedom of religion" which IS in the Constitution - and primarily Christians' expression of "freedom of religion".
When progressive secularists publicly state people of faith haven't "evolved" yet, that's the part about being superior,
You actually negated your own argument in your first sentence by reiterating the definition of secularism - "rejection or exclusion of religion and religious considerations." That's also called intolerance.
Your reasoning is convoluted and essentially false Carol. I attend church on a regular basis and sit on my church's board so I am a person of faith. In regards to the operation of government I'm a secular progressive. In no way do secular progressives want to silence your views, that's just paranoia on your part. To quote Founding Father and progressive secularist Thomas Jefferson;
“It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are 20 gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.”
We don't care what you believe and will defend your rights to worship or not worship as you see fit. What we do object to and will fight at every occasion is any attempt to include religious bias in law and the imposition of religious beliefs on others. Opposition to marriage equality and the attempts by some ultra religious like the owners of Hobby Lobby imposing their opposition to birth control on their employees are examples of this.
In the case of Lemon v. Kurtzman, 403 U.S. 602 (1971), The Court established the Lemon rule in regards to laws that would seem to comingle government and religion;
1. The government's action must have a secular legislative purpose; (Purpose Prong)
2. The government's action must not have the primary effect of either advancing or inhibiting religion; (Effect Prong)
3. The government's action must not result in an "excessive government entanglement" with religion.(Entanglement Prong)
Government/religious entanglement has had disastrous results in history. Prior to the French Revolution the government and the Roman Catholic Church were joined at the hip with religion defending the divine right of the crown to rule as it saw fit. When the French revolted, due to massive inequality, the Church was seen as a co-oppressor and it led to decades of persecution. It was the same way with the Russian Revolution.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

Judged:

Who needs Social Security...and lets give a Progressive a heart attack...

Private retirement savings accounts...

'... we now have more than 30 nations with personal accounts, even tiny little jurisdictions such as the Faroe Islands.'

Australia and Chile too..

http://danieljmitchell.wordpress.com/2014/01/...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

Judged:

Dumbing America Down

The Right wants us to think higher education has no value.

Among the many visionary goals of our nation’s right wing—impoverish older people, starve the poor, deny climate change, outlaw abortion and contraception, eliminate healthcare for millions—few are more foundational than defunding education in general and higher education in particular. Public colleges and universities nationwide have seen significant funding cuts over the past five years, and while the recession is usually blamed, the Right keeps the fiscal screws tight by cutting taxes on the wealthy and corporations. Here in Michigan, in Republican Gov. Rick Snyder’s first budget, there was a 15 percent cut in state aid to universities and a $1.8 billion tax cut for businesses. This equals a win-win for the Right: Keep the fat cats in your corner, and constrain the opportunity for young people to learn a host of things that might, well, make them interrogate right-wing policies. The Pew Research Center and others have found that lower income and less-educated whites are becoming more likely to vote Republican than Democrat, with 54 percent of those without a college degree identifying as Republican in 2012; only 37 percent identified as Democratic, so the gap is, well, quite wide.

And here’s the ideological bonus: Public universities, clobbered by defunding, raise tuition. Then conservative pundits like S.E. Cupp can scream about the outrageous unaffordability (and elitism, of course) of a college degree and claim that it’s money down a rat hole.

http://inthesetimes.com/article/15989/dumbing...

molding America in their own image.

and just think DB, if we're all dumb enough we might start helping FOX from becoming extinct.
angel

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Your reasoning is convoluted and essentially false Carol. I attend church on a regular basis and sit on my church's board so I am a person of faith. In regards to the operation of government I'm a secular progressive. In no way do secular progressives want to silence your views, that's just paranoia on your part. To quote Founding Father and progressive secularist Thomas Jefferson;
“It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are 20 gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.”
We don't care what you believe and will defend your rights to worship or not worship as you see fit. What we do object to and will fight at every occasion is any attempt to include religious bias in law and the imposition of religious beliefs on others. Opposition to marriage equality and the attempts by some ultra religious like the owners of Hobby Lobby imposing their opposition to birth control on their employees are examples of this.
In the case of Lemon v. Kurtzman, 403 U.S. 602 (1971), The Court established the Lemon rule in regards to laws that would seem to comingle government and religion;
1. The government's action must have a secular legislative purpose; (Purpose Prong)
2. The government's action must not have the primary effect of either advancing or inhibiting religion; (Effect Prong)
3. The government's action must not result in an "excessive government entanglement" with religion.(Entanglement Prong)
Government/religious entanglement has had disastrous results in history. Prior to the French Revolution the government and the Roman Catholic Church were joined at the hip with religion defending the divine right of the crown to rule as it saw fit. When the French revolted, due to massive inequality, the Church was seen as a co-oppressor and it led to decades of persecution. It was the same way with the Russian Revolution.
Excelent post.
Too bad providing Teabaggers with facts they dont WANT to hear and they cant spin gives them the bends.
angel

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Clinton, inflaming, attacking, killing millions of Muslim people, killing children in Europe, Iraq and the planet you moron...
Bill Clinton signing the "Iraq Liberation Act of 1998" and every single democrat voted and said Saddam was an imminent threat and Saddam and his WMD's had to be removed...
http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/...
Bill Clinton starting WWWIII with the Muslim world you retard...
Myths, lies and complete stupidity.. that's 99Percent Emeem
It's the culture...
Teatard in the throes of Rightwing Inter-Nut Blogger Brainwash.
You can almost see the spittle hitting his moniter!
Where would the Koch's be without personality disordered Culls like this?
LMAO!

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe you're running away from this again.
To correct your statements and give to you the facts of history:
The US Armed Forces is all volunteer. They didn't beat their chests (like Democrats do in Washington every day). The beat the hell out of the Islamist imperialists.
They didn't wipe anyone out. The facts of history are, they got hammered by the American volunteers to a point where they were hiding in caves, only to be saved when Bush left office and Obama surrendered to them.
What you're saying is, it's ok for the radical Islamist Arabs to come half way around the world and kill Americans, but it's not ok for Americans to retaliate and put a stop to that bullshit, right?
So, let's take a look at your answer:
Do you:
"...I would sign a truce...."
You would surrender, right? You do know that the truce would have to include the United States becoming a muslim country and instituting Sharia Law, right? That's the real reason they attacked us. Your "American imperialism" bullshit just doesn't hold up when compared to the facts of history.
So I guess that means you'll be hiding in your bunker, safe here typing away at your computer in USA and not volunteering? You pretend tough guys are funny.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

Judged:

Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
bill clinton

“Festina lente”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

Judged:

angel wrote:
<quoted text> Teatard in the throes of Rightwing Inter-Nut Blogger Brainwash.
You can almost see the spittle hitting his moniter!
Where would the Koch's be without personality disordered Culls like this?
LMAO!
You show us, precisely, why education equality, like income equality, is a progressive wet dream.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
See? There's the difference. Someone was held accountable in other presidencies when someone was guilty of wrongdoing or incompetency. In Republican presidencies, even just the suspicion of wrongdoing or incompetency.
No one has been held accountable in this administration for all kinds of proven wrongdoing and incompetency.
As for your claims about the poverty line not haven risen earlier....
WASHINGTON — The ranks of America's poor are on track to climb to levels unseen in nearly half a century...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/22/us-p...
In 2000, about 33.3 million people or 12.2 percent of the U.S. population had income below the poverty level. In 2012, the number of people in poverty increased to about 48.8 million people or 15.9 percent.
http://www.census.gov/prod/2013pubs/acsbr12-0...
Nationwide, the count of America's poor remains stuck at a record number: 46.2 million, or 15 percent of the population, due in part to lingering high unemployment following the recession. While poverty rates for blacks and Hispanics are nearly three times higher, by absolute numbers the predominant face of the poor is white.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/28/pove...
The total number of poor people in the United States declined by 1.8 million, from 35.5 million in 1983 to 33.7 million in 1984, the Consensus Bureau said. Poverty rates for blacks, for the elderly and for families headed by women all declined, the bureau said.
http://www.nytimes.com/1985/08/28/us/us-pover...
What proven wrongdoing Carol? Darryl Issa has wasted time and taxpayer money on a multitude of investigations like "Fast and Furious" the false allegations that the administration used the IRS to target conservative groups and Benghazi and has come up goose eggs every time.
Your hero Reagan had one of the most corrupt administrations since Warren G. Harding. In the “Iran-contra scandal,” despite an arms embargo, he illegally sold weapons to Iran to try to release U.S. hostages, using the money to fund the contra rebels fighting in Nicaragua, after Congress refused to authorize funding. Reagan accepted responsibility for security lapses in the bombing of Marines barracks by an Islamic terrorist in Lebanon, killing 244 U.S. servicemen. He then turned tail and withdrew all troops in four months.(The Benghazi attack looks picayune in comparison.)
A HUD scandal resulted in 16 convictions for grant rigging. Chief of staff Michael Deaver was fined $100,000 for lying to Congress as part of a lobbying scandal. Twenty high-level EPA employees were fired for using political affiliations when rewarding or punishing employees. Reagan ended his term with a budget deficit five times higher than what he inherited from Jimmy Carter, despite raising taxes at least seven times.
I never said that the poverty rate hadn't gone up liar. But the reason can't be put on Obama's doorstep.
We have folks like the Walton heirs who control a vast percentage of wealth but pay their employees so little that they fall below the poverty line and the same goes for fast food chains like McDonalds. We have a GOP controlled House that's blocked jobs programs and is resisting raising the minimum wage so that workers wouldn't have to depend on public assistance.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 972,661 - 972,680 of1,034,210
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

47 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 15 min JOEL COOL DUDE 65,123
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min Poppo 167,626
The Official Ashley Tisdale Chat Room (Sep '07) 33 min Justin Bieber 1,837
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 38 min Chicagobunny 47,070
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 40 min Hatti_Hollerand 229
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 41 min jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,537
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Mothra 43,007
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr edogxxx 96,137
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••