Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1403982 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

dem

United States

#1058551 Jan 9, 2014
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you think that he should be able to speak coherently first?
I bet your daughter knows Ebonics.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1058552 Jan 9, 2014
Fake Phony Scandals wrote:
<quoted text> That and say he just heard about it on the evening news! lol smh
MSNBC
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1058553 Jan 9, 2014
The Top 43 Appointees Who Helped Make Bush The Worst President Ever

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2009/01/17/...

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1058554 Jan 9, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure about Christie. Right now, looking elsewhere.
Apparently he's no different than Obama - if anyone dares oppose you, go after We the People, the innocent constituents, not the political foe.

IRS goes after citizens associated with the Tea Party and conservative groups. Remember how fast the IRS was on Dr. Carson's butt after he dared challenge Obamacare?
dem

United States

#1058555 Jan 9, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Meanwhile Obama bin Lyin has succeeded in losing demokRATs the House and Senate in 2014 you ignorant dumbasss... in 3 more year you idiot, Obama bin Lyin loses democRATS the POTUS in 2016 you moron..

It's the culture...
Cry for me beitch. Do it. Whine like the lil goat you are
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1058556 Jan 9, 2014
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
At least Christie had the balls to fire those involved. Do you think that Obama will ever have the balls to fire the people responsible for Fast and Furious, or the Benghazi attack?
How about firing the fools running the failed roll out and debacle of obamacare.. Kathleen Sebelius and that group of fools??

The gift that keeps on giving...

It's the culture...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1058557 Jan 9, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>
Meanwhile Obama bin Lyin has succeeded in losing demokRATs the House and Senate in 2014 you ignorant dumbasss... in 3 more year you idiot, Obama bin Lyin loses democRATS the POTUS in 2016 you moron..
It's the culture...
is it the culture that makes you unable to forma cogent thought or sentence?
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1058558 Jan 9, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I dream about your big fat sweaty balls on me don't you?
It's the culture...
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1058559 Jan 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>which scandals are those? just calling a news story a scandal doesn't make it so....
caution, this may require independent thinking, you may want to sit down before attempting this maneuver as you run a high risk of blowing an aneurism in the process...
You really are this stupid......sigh

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1058561 Jan 9, 2014
fter your .29 is fully 1/3 ignorance, I'm surprised you're stupid enough to show up here.

Having 3 universities to reference is only useful if one has the mental ability to decipher and comprehend knowledge.

You clearly are deficient in that area.

You proved it yesterday. You're done here, Killtaker.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1058562 Jan 9, 2014
dem wrote:
Might have to break out a tea bagger RAID today. Many inbred filthy fkn urban liars here today. Mostly eggplant.
It's the culture...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1058563 Jan 9, 2014
Obama’s scandals are laughable next to Bush and Clinton

The recent scandals that have enveloped the Obama administration have sucked much of the air out of the political conversation but it’s important to keep a little perspective about the scale of recent presidential misconduct.

Bill Clinton remains the man to beat in terms of redefining the modern political scandal. There isn’t a man in American who hasn’t lied about his sexual activity but Clinton was the first to do it under oath and as president.

....George W. Bush is a war criminal. That’s right I said it. Charming and funny but a war criminal still. It’s not just because he lied his way into a needless war that resulted in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people, but for his authorization of torture.

...One president was impeached in the House for lying under oath about a blowjob while another has proudly admitted to war crimes.
Scandals in the Obama years have been remarkable not for their severity or frequency but lack thereof.

After following the Bush administration which seemed to breed ethical scandals faster than rabbits reproduce, Obama came in knowing that he would have to be so squeaky clean it would make Joe Biden blush. And for the most part he has.

Obama’s scandals have been largely composed of conspiracy theories and invented controversies from his opponents in Congress. Before there was Benghazi and the IRS there were the make-believe circuses of Fast and Furious and Solyndra. Only the NSA leak has offered a substantial discussion about the scope of government action and constitutionality, and still, it is not a product of Obama himself.

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/201252/obamas...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1058564 Jan 9, 2014
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you think that he should be able to speak coherently first?
Hey, Rodman did apologize for hollering at the reporter-said he was drunk.

Rodman-it is always a bright idea to have pressers while inebriated.
Fetch Almighty

Chicago, IL

#1058565 Jan 9, 2014
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a big fan of Christie, but he has acted more like a leader today than Obama ever has or ever will.
you really hate them negroes doncha?
dem

United States

#1058566 Jan 9, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently he's no different than Obama - if anyone dares oppose you, go after We the People, the innocent constituents, not the political foe.

IRS goes after citizens associated with the Tea Party and conservative groups. Remember how fast the IRS was on Dr. Carson's butt after he dared challenge Obamacare?
Get over it you drop out cop.

Did you know canine cops get more hourly training to do their jobs than dumb drop outs like ray Donovan.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1058567 Jan 9, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
New Jersey Lane Closures Delayed Emergency Response To 91-Year-Old Woman Who Later Died: Report
""Emergency response teams were reportedly delayed in traffic caused by lane closures on the George Washington Bridge in September, including one vehicle responding to a 91-year-old woman in cardiac arrest who later died.
The lane closures and its resulting gridlock, which created major problems for New Jersey commuters, have become a political headache for Gov. Chris Christie (R), who has maintained that he had nothing to do with the decision to close the lanes.
According to a letter from EMS coordinator Paul Favia to Fort Lee, N.J. Mayor Mark Sokolich obtained by The Bergen Record, at least four emergency vehicles were stuck in traffic caused by the unannounced lane closures, doubling response time in at least two of the cases.
The Record reports:
On Sept. 9, the first day of the traffic paralysis, EMS crews took seven to nine minutes to arrive at the scene of a vehicle accident where four people were injured, when the response time should have been less than four minutes, he wrote.
It also took EMS seven minutes to reach an unconscious 91-year-old woman who later died of cardiac arrest at a hospital. Although he did not say her death was directly caused by the delays, Favia noted that “paramedics were delayed due to heavy traffic on Fort Lee Road and had to meet the ambulance en-route to the hospital instead of on the scene.”
----------
Now that Christie has self destructed, this clears the way for a Hillary landslide!!
Unannounced lane closures were responsible for several medical emergency delays. Additionally the four days of closures created a plethora of problems that cost businesses and individuals time and money.

During four days of front page and lead in headlines and perhaps thousands of emails to the state capitol building it's difficult to believe that no one with authority realized that the traffic study was bogus.

Isn't that the busiest bridge in the United States?
Fetch Almighty

Chicago, IL

#1058568 Jan 9, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
The Top 43 Appointees Who Helped Make Bush The Worst President Ever
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2009/01/17/...
did he only appoint 43?
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1058569 Jan 9, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet my eggplant daughter knows Ebonics.
It's the culture..
dem

United States

#1058570 Jan 9, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>How about firing the fools running the failed roll out and debacle of obamacare.. Kathleen Sebelius and that group of fools??

The gift that keeps on giving...

It's the culture...
You little Jew ladies are redundant.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1058571 Jan 9, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they are changing design of new office buildings. But they also run into windows in my house, and I like windows!!
Adding more stuff that kills birds doesn't make sense.
Even with windmills, the past years have seen an explosion of fossil fuel activities, huge areas denuded for fracking all over the USA. And we're still mining and exporting coal like mad.
So there is no net gain in windmills. Just another producer of energy, and not all that green!!
If we eliminated one bad activity when we adopt another, it would be better. But all we do is pile more and more on, to the point Mother Nature is in full disarray. There's an old Neil Young song "After the Gold Rush":
""Well, I dreamed I saw the knights
In armor coming,
Saying something about a queen.
There were peasants singing and
Drummers drumming
And the archer split the tree.
There was a fanfare blowing
To the sun
That was floating on the breeze.
Look at Mother Nature on the run
In the nineteen seventies.
Look at Mother Nature on the run
In the nineteen seventies.""
That was true 40 years ago, even more true today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1e3m_T-NMOsXX
do you need windows on your house? yes, i agree we need buildings, but why do we need windows in them? we WANT windows in them. good try, but not quite all the way there...

what areas are denuded for fracking? it actually has a small surface footprint.

facts are fun!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 32 min Buster Steinbeizer 219,456
Oceans Gentlemen's Club. A totally awesome, er... 5 hr Strip club man 1
The Official Jonas Brother Chat Room!!!! (Oct '08) 8 hr Kayla Phillips 751
Rating girls 9 hr Habsm22 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 hr dGo mnaDed lyoH r... 60,658
Obama to head Mosque in City, 9 hr Sis Marian Roberta 1
last post wins! (Dec '10) 10 hr honeymylove 2,271
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 14 hr Sublime1 103,130

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages