Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395678 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Los Angeles, CA

#1058459 Jan 9, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
Sure wish juveniles could be screened before being allowed to post on adult topix forums. It's easy for the topix police to detect them and remove them as soon as they start posting.
Don't worry I'm chasing off the tea bag terrorists. It will be okay to post here soon.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1058460 Jan 9, 2014
Science....and AGW and Australia...

Karl Braganza
Manager of Climate Monitoring at the
Australian Bureau of Meteorology

"Patterns of temperature change that are uniquely associated with the enhanced greenhouse effect, and which have been observed in the real world include:
-greater warming in polar regions than tropical regions
-greater warming over the continents than the oceans
- greater warming of night time temperatures than daytime temperatures
-greater warming in winter compared with summer
- a pattern of cooling in the high atmosphere (stratosphere) with simultaneous warming in the lower atmosphere (troposphere)."

then we have this...in Australia..

No winter increase over summer in 103 years

http://www.bom.gov.au/web01/ncc/www/cli_chg/t...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1058461 Jan 9, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
This is or is NOT Nobama/Galt???
Galt=Temeluca, CA

Troll =whatever his IP device serves up. Do you know that he actually paid for that device?
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1058462 Jan 9, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
Sure wish juveniles could be screened before being allowed to post on adult topix forums. It's easy for the topix police to detect them and remove them as soon as they start posting.
Please help us clean up the urban trash and report dem...

Many Thanks!!

The Management...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1058463 Jan 9, 2014
The Republican Reaction to the Polar Vortex Explains Why So Many Scientists Are Democrats

When I walked to work Tuesday morning, it was 4 degrees Fahrenheit, the coldest temperature I've experienced in the last two years living in Washington, D.C. The cold snap has sparked the inevitable snow trolling—that this weather somehow disproves climate change's existence—from A-list conservative commentators like Matt Drudge, Erick Erickson and the usual stable of Fox pundits. This is only a rawer form of the climate-change denial that is now party dogma, comporting with, for starters, the party's 2012 presidential candidate and the entire Republican membership of the House Energy and Commerce Committee. They are, of course, completely wrong. But this kind of Lysenkoist behavior isn't just wrong; it has catastrophically discredited the party among scientists.

The Republican position here, at least as outlined by its loudest and most influential members, seems to be this: The theory of global warming predicts that everywhere will be hot all the time. Therefore, the continued existence of cold things disproves the theory. Donald Trump tweeted, "We are experiencing the coldest weather in more than two decades-most people never remember anything like this. GLOBAL WARMING anyone?" Some guy at Red State gloated over the fate of the climate research vessel Akademic Sholkalskiy, and Rush Limbaugh joined in with similar thoughts:

It's an abject, total fraud. Well, obviously there is no melting of ice going on at the North Pole. If they're gonna tell us the polar vortex is responsible for this cold, that means record cold is also happening in the North Pole, which means there isn't any ice melting, and we know about the global warming expedition that went down to the South Pole, Antarctica, to prove that the ice is melting.

It's almost impossible to overstate how blisteringly ignorant this sounds to a scientist. The argument, if it can be dignified as such, is 100 percent straw man. As far as the Akademic Sholkalskiy is concerned, the vessel's mission was general climate research, not to disprove the existence of sea ice (we use satellites for that kind of measurement, cause the Earth is real big), and the International Panel on Climate Change never predicted that all sea ice would be gone forever. The vessel was trapped by weather-shifted pack ice, not unseasonable overall ice coverage. And while it is true that (unlike in the Arctic) Antarctic sea ice has been growing, for a variety of reasons, Antarctic land ice, which is what matters for sea level rise, is melting fast.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/116145/pol...
John Galt

Los Angeles, CA

#1058464 Jan 9, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>sonicmoron, posts and spams American Thinker as a new valid news source, need an expert ask him you dumbass...

sonicmoron post numbers spamming American Thinker available upon request

It's the culture....
Keep it down everyone the chimp Jew is trying to communicate with the humans.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1058465 Jan 9, 2014
this goes with Dr Braganza...

http://theconversation.com/the-greenhouse-eff...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1058467 Jan 9, 2014
Interesting
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1058468 Jan 9, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh, it's been so long since we've seen anyone held accountable in the federal government amidst the ongoing and neverending flurry of scandals and cover ups at the top levels of this administration, it's going to take some time to process people getting fired for a traffic jam.
Petraeus is ancient history?

Shall we start a list???
John Galt

Los Angeles, CA

#1058469 Jan 9, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>It's the culture...
I've trained the chimp Jew to denigrate himself. Lol
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1058470 Jan 9, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize no matter how you spun it that Obama is involved in my tea bag conspiracy to kill old ladies in ambulances?
It's the culture...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1058471 Jan 9, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
good thing for you they don't screen for idiots...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1058472 Jan 9, 2014
It's a shame about Christie, he was the next best hope for the Republicans.

I guess they can ratchet up the hatred for him.
dumdemsmama

Satellite Beach, FL

#1058473 Jan 9, 2014
The REAL John Galt has a Temecula isp ... Does the FAKE John Galt with the NON-Temecula isp really think anyone is believing his/her immature lowlife comments belong to anyone other than dem? LOL
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1058474 Jan 9, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
All my work whining about and to the mods. Down the drain.
It's the culture...
John Galt

Los Angeles, CA

#1058475 Jan 9, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
Apparently not. So sorry.
We are talking about your racist retard tea bag friends. Right?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1058476 Jan 9, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh, it's been so long since we've seen anyone held accountable in the federal government amidst the ongoing and neverending flurry of scandals and cover ups at the top levels of this administration, it's going to take some time to process people getting fired for a traffic jam.
yet there have been no scandals, just unfounded accusations you weak minded people bought into like the parrots you are.

you have attempted to show what these supposed scandal were and were rebuked in every front...

wanna cracker, pretty bird?
John Galt

Los Angeles, CA

#1058477 Jan 9, 2014
Why are the jersey tea baggers killing old ladies?
Death panels.
Road blocks.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1058479 Jan 9, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
It would be nice but it isn't going to happen.

Learn to zoom past them as you would his other posts as dem.

He keeps thinking if he is irritating enough people will stop posting here. Wow, too bad he doesn't have better late in life goals.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1058480 Jan 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>houses and office buildings do far, far more damage to birds than windmills do..bats actually suffer more from windmills than birds do.
urban myths are fun but rational people shouldn't base real world decisions on them...
You're doing well, but I see their blind hatred and ignorance
has caused you to call them names like idiots.

That's exactly what they want. Anyway, I haven't much time today.

I did learn that .297 is actually 1/3!! Amazing. LOL

No wonder they're all poor folks!!

Killtaker, forks, tell_it, all the same nitwit. You've made him cry.

----------

I'll go easy on you. You've gotten used to dealing with the Waxmans and Carols.

You presented a false comparison. Buildings are an immutable fact of human activity, have been since ancient man began building shelters. It's not like we're going to stop building homes and offices, so let's dispense of this nonsense.......

Windmills are a recent innovation, and have the ability to wreak havoc on anything that flies near them.

You basically made the argument that windmills are ok because buildings cause more bird deaths.

That's dumb. Because man's other activities kill more birds, that justifies windmills??

I believe you are a conservative. On this issue, you prove yourself as willing to make false comparisons as I would expect from a con.

You like to be dismissive, but it marks you as condescending, much like Carol and the wingnuts.

You just do it with facts, they use fear and conspiracies.

Bird deaths might be the least of windmill problems.
----------
Study suggests wind turbines' low-frequency noise could cause health woes
Read more: http://host.madison.com/news/local/environmen...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 min RACE 8,901
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 6 min RACE 2,705
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 7 min RACE 1,680
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Jacques Orleans 216,874
Word (Dec '08) 44 min PEllen 6,421
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IB DaMann 60,115
Who's this Fauxcahontas? 1 hr TeePee TWIT 26
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr CrunchyBacon 102,496
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages