Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1659963 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1058928 Jan 9, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so full of your self, liberal.
"i am ..."
"show me..."
What a frikkin moron narcissist! So typical of you mentally ill extremist partisans on the left.
aww, still sore? you'll get over it...dont' start crying now...don't post stupid shit and i wont make a fool of you...

St. Croix valley

#1058930 Jan 9, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey. Dumbass. What did you discover about the Chaco Canyon culture and doors?
If you don't feel stupid now, it's because you are stupid.
why can't you tell me? dumbass... did they have doors in their door frames or not? even cloth or skin flaps on them? please reference your answer with a verifiable source, as your bullshit makes everything you say suspect...
Whatever

Los Angeles, CA

#1058931 Jan 9, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, show us proof this is wrong.
Let's see now...
Fu ck you as shole
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2The same was in the beginning with God.
3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
10He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
15John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
16And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
17For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
18No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
19And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou?
20And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ.
21And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.
22Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself?
23He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.
24And they which were sent were of the Pharisees.
25And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet?
26John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not;
27He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1058933 Jan 9, 2014
If it seems like you are watching the Republican Party vanish before your eyes, itís because you are. According Gallup, Republican Party identification has fallen to a 25 year low of 25%.

Gallupís latest party identification poll found that Democratic identification has remained stable. Democratic identification has gone from 36% in 2008 to 31% today, but Republican identification has dropped in each of the last three years, until it has hit its lowest point in the 25 year history of the poll. Republican identification reached a peak of 34% during 2004, but eroded during George W. Bushís second term. By the time Bush left office, Republican identification was down to 28%.

All of those disappointed Republicans have left the GOP and deemed themselves Independents. Forty percent of those polled now identify as Independents. Of course, some of the Republicans who have departed the Republican Party arenít really Independent. They still vote Republican, but now they do it as an Independent. This is why Independents voting for Republican presidential candidates like Mitt Romney isnít a surprise. It is also why the media needs to change their thinking about Independents. Independent voters are no longer neutrals, but they are more likely disaffected Republicans who have left their party.

The Republican decision to obstruct Obama at all costs has led to their own demise. When the Republicans became the party of no, they lost much of the country. The Obama era could have been one of bipartisan compromise and achievement, but Republicans rejected the validity of this president and his presidency from day one. The decision not to evolve with the country has left them taking unpopular position after unpopular position just so that they can say no to Obama.

The overall tone of the countryís political identification is decidedly more left. Contrary to what Republicans like to claim, America is not a conservative country. For the third straight year, the nation has identified more with Democrats than Republicans. When Independents were included in the partisan leanings question, Democrats maintained their six point advantage from last year, and led Republicans 47%-41%.

Not only is the Republican Party facing extinction, but the country itself continues to move left. The nation is leaving the Republican Party behind, and as the GOP has gotten smaller, the extremists have taken control. The only thing saving the Republican Party from total irrelevance at the federal level is their control of the House of Representatives. Of course that House of Representatives is the least popular Congress in history, which speaks volumes about the condition of the Republican Party.

America is moving on without the Republican Party. The United States truly has become no country for the old white conservative men who are the majority constituency of the GOP, as President Obama is leading a new era in American politics.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/01/08/republ...
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1058934 Jan 9, 2014
Whatever wrote:
Poor dumb eman is really struggling since he took a vow to be nice.
Only thing he had going for him was being an ignorant immigrant azzhole.
You're going to need a new VPN/Proxy service old man Ghost. We already know all your U.S. locations. Time to post from Europe, dweeb.
dumdemsmama

Satellite Beach, FL

#1058935 Jan 9, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh he has always been a fkn idiot, but after his mail order bride dumped him and he got fired he's really a fkn lunatic
nostrilfckfacedumbdemfakewhate verforsure say what? LOL

St. Croix valley

#1058936 Jan 9, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so full of your self, liberal.
"i am ..."
"show me..."
What a frikkin moron narcissist! So typical of you mentally ill extremist partisans on the left.
what makes you think i am a liberal? do you always make such poor assumptions from the given facts?

from your previous posts, it would seem the answer is yes...
Whatever

Los Angeles, CA

#1058937 Jan 9, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>in 2008? they entered bankruptcy???? wasn't O'bama running in 2008? did O'bama kill another business? probably.
Eat sh it you scum Jew kkkhunt
Lnc

United States

#1058938 Jan 9, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep it down ..... the....... humans.
How do political reporters and commentators survive a nearly two-hour press conference by New Jersey Governor Chris Christie on a scandal involving a bridge, traffic studies and political vendettas? By taking to Twitter and letting the puns, Sopranos references, Springsteen lyrics and other snark fly.

Here's a selection of the more witty comments that were blowing up feeds for political junkies across the country.

Brian Beutler (@brianbeutler): "I've terminated Bridget's employment" presumably because her first name is a constant, painful reminder of the scandal.... I mean, what're the odds? Like if your top aide got you involved in a franking scandal, and his name happened to be Frank.

E McMorris-Santoro (@evanmcsan): would be funny if someone dressed in a bridge costume was forlornely standing behind Christie wife-at-sex-scandal-presser style

Mike Murphy:(@murphymike): I am chuckling at CC's implication that he may now lose his great faith in delegating and be cruelly forced to micromanage a bit...

Benjy Sarlin (@benjysarlin): True story: Watergate break-in started as a hotel management study

Molly Ball (@mollyesque): As a reporter, I love Chris Christie. Unlike every other politician, he keeps saying different things the longer he talks.

Walt Gilbert (@walt_gilbert): So, I see national news outlets are still covering a local infrastructure story today.

Just Karl (@justkarl): If only Christie had actually driven a woman off the bridge, he'd be a hero to Democrats.

Jim Geraghty (@jimgeraghty): Let me be clear: I hired a bunch of callous vindictive psychopaths who never tell me anything.

Charles CW Cooke (@charlescwcooke) At least Christie hasn't ended his political career by doing something as inordinately stupid as drinking water during a televised speech.

Adam Serwer (@adamserwer): How all occasions do inform against me, And spur my dull traffic study.

Matt Yglesias (@mattyglesias): Time for someone at the NSA to leak all their info on this and unify our scandals.

Will Bunch (@will_bunch): "I am sad because I was betrayed" #RejectedGodfatherLines

Ben Greenman (@bengreenman): Christie: "The emotion I've been displaying in private is sad." This is the best explanation of not quite feeling something I've ever heard

Ann Coulter (@anncoulter): This is the longest press conference since Mark Sanford announced he was in love!

Erick Erickson (@ewerickson): How long until someone puts up one of those Hitler parodies of Christie finding out about the bridge?

Josh Greenman (@joshgreenman): Idea: Say http://healthcare.gov was down because of an online traffic study.

David Corn (@davidcorndc): Christie releases statement: "The highway was jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive."

Ronan Farrow (@ronanFarrow): All my vendettas morph into traffic studies.

Roger Simon (@politicoroger): The Christie press conference may be the first one where they call a commercial time out.

David Weigel (@daveweigel): Did Christie accidentally fire the staffer who tells him when to end a press conference?

Travis Waldron (@travis_waldron): Political journos analyzing Christie speech for which one-liners may be used in future attack ads because #journalism.

Josh Barro (@jbarro): Wait this press conference is ending? I had so many more questions.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1058939 Jan 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>wow breaking news! of course it wasn't record breaking...
We broke a record here in the liberal Republic of Konnecticut, libtarded liar.

It was so cold, you liberal Democrats kept your hands in your own pockets!
Whatever

Los Angeles, CA

#1058940 Jan 9, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Forgotten truth: Hillary Clinton is, in fact, the original "birther"...
You sonicmoron were second to that old women USA1947, who was a birther before she was against it...
It's the culture......
Pizza oven?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1058941 Jan 9, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Something to ponder on science and crowds..
'The best way for a group to be smart is for each person in it to think and act as independently as possible."
James Surowiecki
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/bios/james_...
Are all MAN MADE GLOBAL WARMING alarmist acting differently?
This sounds similar to Adam Smith's "unseen hand" of pursuing self-interest.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1058942 Jan 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>aww, still sore? you'll get over it...dont' start crying now...don't post stupid shit and i wont make a fool of you...
Sore about what, narcissist. There you go, overrating yourself again, confirming what you are.

Baawwaahhh!!!!

Liberal Retardulant who claims to be a "conservative".

Liar.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1058943 Jan 9, 2014
Narcissist dingbat for sure.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why can't you tell me? dumbass... did they have doors in their door frames or not? even cloth or skin flaps on them? please reference your answer with a verifiable source, as your bullshit makes everything you say suspect...

Lapeer, MI

#1058944 Jan 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>she didn't ignore the security. there were no requests for more security at benghazi outside of one of the hired guns.(you know the level guy that openly lied to the world on 60 minutes...that kind of guy.) that requested two more guys...that request never made it out of the consulate...
your "facts" are pure bullshit and you know it..
how many congressional hearing s have proved there were no requests and you still post that crap? the only reason can be so you can get your boner from dancing on the graves of those that served you...
Give it up, Pal. Move on to another thread.

Your credibility is shot here.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1058945 Jan 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what makes you think i am a liberal? do you always make such poor assumptions from the given facts?
from your previous posts, it would seem the answer is yes...
<shaking head>
Whatever

Los Angeles, CA

#1058946 Jan 9, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
If it seems like you are watching the Republican Party vanish before your eyes, itís because you are. According Gallup, Republican Party identification has fallen to a 25 year low of 25%.
Gallupís latest party identification poll found that Democratic identification has remained stable. Democratic identification has gone from 36% in 2008 to 31% today, but Republican identification has dropped in each of the last three years, until it has hit its lowest point in the 25 year history of the poll. Republican identification reached a peak of 34% during 2004, but eroded during George W. Bushís second term. By the time Bush left office, Republican identification was down to 28%.
All of those disappointed Republicans have left the GOP and deemed themselves Independents. Forty percent of those polled now identify as Independents. Of course, some of the Republicans who have departed the Republican Party arenít really Independent. They still vote Republican, but now they do it as an Independent. This is why Independents voting for Republican presidential candidates like Mitt Romney isnít a surprise. It is also why the media needs to change their thinking about Independents. Independent voters are no longer neutrals, but they are more likely disaffected Republicans who have left their party.
The Republican decision to obstruct Obama at all costs has led to their own demise. When the Republicans became the party of no, they lost much of the country. The Obama era could have been one of bipartisan compromise and achievement, but Republicans rejected the validity of this president and his presidency from day one. The decision not to evolve with the country has left them taking unpopular position after unpopular position just so that they can say no to Obama.
The overall tone of the countryís political identification is decidedly more left. Contrary to what Republicans like to claim, America is not a conservative country. For the third straight year, the nation has identified more with Democrats than Republicans. When Independents were included in the partisan leanings question, Democrats maintained their six point advantage from last year, and led Republicans 47%-41%.
Not only is the Republican Party facing extinction, but the country itself continues to move left. The nation is leaving the Republican Party behind, and as the GOP has gotten smaller, the extremists have taken control. The only thing saving the Republican Party from total irrelevance at the federal level is their control of the House of Representatives. Of course that House of Representatives is the least popular Congress in history, which speaks volumes about the condition of the Republican Party.
America is moving on without the Republican Party. The United States truly has become no country for the old white conservative men who are the majority constituency of the GOP, as President Obama is leading a new era in American politics.
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/01/08/republ...
Lunatics, retards, violent extremists, drooling idiots, geriatric screwballs.
All that's left of the rethought party
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1058947 Jan 9, 2014
Pizza face, with cheese drooping off below:
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Pizza oven?
Butf*cking ugly inside & out! Typical old angry liberal loser for sure.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1058948 Jan 9, 2014
dem Teabaggering Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I Eat sh it you scum Jew kkkhunt
The DNA of the demoKRatic party is inbred with hate and racism...

It's the culture...

Lapeer, MI

#1058949 Jan 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>wow breaking news! of course it wasn't record breaking...
Hee, Hee, Hee......

What *WOULD* be record breaking is if woodtick starting making cogent, coherent posts.

Hope springs eternal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Use of 'retarded' as derogatory term is offensi... (Jun '08) 1 hr Tardos-get lost 6,656
Trump is A 1 hr RoseB azzhole 195
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Hah_ 243,103
News Random act of kindness in turbulent world (Jan '10) 3 hr Lookin 2 Climax 5
News Rauner courts black votes with $1M investment (Oct '14) 3 hr RaunerRUN Away 15
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr honeymylove 11,602
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr Thoughts and Prayers 105,380

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages