Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1482851 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1058528 Jan 9, 2014
random post on faulty human 'gods'...er..scientists/politi cians...green bay quarterbacks.....
"It's hard to return to obscurity once you have been a star. These "scientists" will fight to the bitter end. Infamy is better than no attention at all."
Roger...
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1058529 Jan 9, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Obama is a joke"
dennis rudeman is the boy president, nobama's, nominee to be the next US ambassador to north korea.
Peace
Happy New Year
Don't you think that he should be able to speak coherently first?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1058530 Jan 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"My Point" was that "Whatever" was an idiot by claiming that the American Thinker wasn't being biased in its reporting.
lol! That's what happens under their brainwashing scheme.

They lose all objectivity!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1058531 Jan 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you asleep during 2008 campaign?
Obama, July, 2008: "Now is the time for a responsible redeployment of our combat troops that pushes Iraq’s leaders toward a political solution, rebuilds our military, and refocuses on Afghanistan and our broader security interests." "Political posturing"? Bull
RESOLUTION OF IMPEACHMENT OF PRESIDENT GEORGE BUSH
Date: Spring 2002
To bad it didn't succeed. We would all be better off.
Yes, Obama played by the rules and acted the part as was expected of him to win. He even sent troops into Afghanistan and into harm's way because he couldn't say enough times it was the "right war" in order to win. But after being elected and sending those soldiers into a war zone, less than 24 hours later, he announced a withdrawal deadline.

Now that's what I call commitment by a Commander-in-Chief who believes in what he's doing at the risk of losing lives...not!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1058532 Jan 9, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm looking for news stories where an outraged media is calling for Obama administration heads to roll after any one of the many scandals.
Maybe Christie needs to jump ship and declare himself a democrat. Then the media would be saying his actions today showed what an honest, tough, and no nonsense politician he was.
Still looking, by the way...
which scandals are those? just calling a news story a scandal doesn't make it so....
caution, this may require independent thinking, you may want to sit down before attempting this maneuver as you run a high risk of blowing an aneurism in the process...
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1058533 Jan 9, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
New Jersey Lane Closures Delayed Emergency Response To 91-Year-Old Woman Who Later Died: Report
""Emergency response teams were reportedly delayed in traffic caused by lane closures on the George Washington Bridge in September, including one vehicle responding to a 91-year-old woman in cardiac arrest who later died.
The lane closures and its resulting gridlock, which created major problems for New Jersey commuters, have become a political headache for Gov. Chris Christie (R), who has maintained that he had nothing to do with the decision to close the lanes.
According to a letter from EMS coordinator Paul Favia to Fort Lee, N.J. Mayor Mark Sokolich obtained by The Bergen Record, at least four emergency vehicles were stuck in traffic caused by the unannounced lane closures, doubling response time in at least two of the cases.
The Record reports:
On Sept. 9, the first day of the traffic paralysis, EMS crews took seven to nine minutes to arrive at the scene of a vehicle accident where four people were injured, when the response time should have been less than four minutes, he wrote.
It also took EMS seven minutes to reach an unconscious 91-year-old woman who later died of cardiac arrest at a hospital. Although he did not say her death was directly caused by the delays, Favia noted that “paramedics were delayed due to heavy traffic on Fort Lee Road and had to meet the ambulance en-route to the hospital instead of on the scene.”
----------
Now that Christie has self destructed, this clears the way for a Hillary landslide!!
Meanwhile Obama bin Lyin has succeeded in losing demokRATs the House and Senate in 2014 you ignorant dumbasss... in 3 more year you idiot, Obama bin Lyin loses democRATS the POTUS in 2016 you moron..

It's the culture...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1058534 Jan 9, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
Good for Chris Christie who fired his Deputy Chief of Staff.
If he was a Democrat like Obama with his many scandals, he would do nothing.
do something....

Bush commutes Libby's prison sentence

https://www.google.com/search...
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1058535 Jan 9, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Christie is just another fascist Repugnant.
This incident proves that.
With his own Bridge-gazi!!
Figures a lowlike like you would defend a fat bully like Christie.
At least Christie had the balls to fire those involved. Do you think that Obama will ever have the balls to fire the people responsible for Fast and Furious, or the Benghazi attack?
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1058536 Jan 9, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
Good for Chris Christie who fired his Deputy Chief of Staff.
If he was a Democrat like Obama with his many scandals, he would do nothing.
If he was a Democrat like Obama with his many scandals, he would do nothing."

And get away with it.

St. Croix valley

#1058537 Jan 9, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
97 percent agree...
'New Study: Climate Scientists Overwhelmingly Agree Global Warming Is Real and Our Fault'
http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2013...
WHO are these 97 percenters?
"approximately 5 percent were climate scientists'
and...
"...and 8.5% of the respondents indicated that more than 50% of their peer-reviewed publications in the past 5 years have been on the subject of climate change..."
http://tigger.uic.edu/~pdoran/012009_Doran_fi...
and how can we believe anything you say about percentages? you don't even know what one-third means...

1/3!!

bwa ha ha ha ha ha ahhhhh haaaa ha aha!
John Galt

United States

#1058538 Jan 9, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Prescriptions for four opiates – hydrocodone, oxycodone, methadone and morphine – have surged by 270 percent in the past 12 years, according to data CIR obtained through the Freedom of Information Act. CIR’s analysis for the first time exposes the full scope of that increase, which far outpaced the growth in VA patients and varied dramatically across the nation.
http://cironline.org/reports/vas-opiate-overl...
Rush Limbaugh!
Your package has arrived.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1058539 Jan 9, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
NO...but how would a NYC Bocajew like you know the difference...
"Catholic churches" is not precise term...
are you referring to the Roman Catholic Church, the Church of Rome???...
far different from other Christian churches, all of which are generally independent operations..
if your question is about the Vatican, talk to someone who cares...
If you had been paying attention, you would know that I have been discussing the Catholic Church aka Roman Catholic Church aka Church of Rome. You can cherry pick all you want. Does not change the fact that they are intertwined. I have not been discussing other denominations. I am not discussing neighborhood churches that are struggling. I am discussing the one church that is attempting to influence legislation in this country. The one church that should have their tax exempt status denied. Stop trying to change the subject.
dem

United States

#1058540 Jan 9, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>I'm looking for news stories where an outraged media is calling for Obama administration heads to roll after any one of the many scandals.

Maybe Christie needs to jump ship and declare himself a democrat. Then the media would be saying his actions today showed what an honest, tough, and no nonsense politician he was.

Still looking, by the way...
Up early again, gunner?
Eman fart while you were under the covers?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1058541 Jan 9, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>He's done, even conservatives are piling on.
I am sure just like the MSM piling on Hilary yesterday irreversibly harmed her.

St. Croix valley

#1058542 Jan 9, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Obama played by the rules and acted the part as was expected of him to win. He even sent troops into Afghanistan and into harm's way because he couldn't say enough times it was the "right war" in order to win. But after being elected and sending those soldiers into a war zone, less than 24 hours later, he announced a withdrawal deadline.
Now that's what I call commitment by a Commander-in-Chief who believes in what he's doing at the risk of losing lives...not!
that 's funny, most rational people expect our gov't ot have an xit plan when devising a military operation...others have been chastised for not having one for very good reason/

stick to parroting, dear, independent thought isn't your cup of tea, obviously....

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1058543 Jan 9, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>He's done, even conservatives are piling on.
Don't think he ever got started. Unless you were the only one who heard him announce his 2016 candidacy and his withdrawal from the presidential race. Because I didn't.

A lot can happen in just one week in politics. We've got two more years to go before the mean lean liberal lying machine even starts its engines.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1058545 Jan 9, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure about Christie. Right now, looking elsewhere.
I'm not a big fan of Christie, but he has acted more like a leader today than Obama ever has or ever will.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1058546 Jan 9, 2014
Someone noticed a big flaw in the Christie presser-he forgot to blame the previous governor.
dem

United States

#1058547 Jan 9, 2014
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>At least Christie had the balls to fire those involved. Do you think that Obama will ever have the balls to fire the people responsible for Fast and Furious, or the Benghazi attack?
You dream about his big fat sweaty balls don't you?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1058548 Jan 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>wasn't that just the best!.297 is actually "fully one-third" ...
don't go easy on me...why do those building have to have windows? and you know it is the windows that are the problem, not the buildings...
how much bird habitat is destroyed mining for coal to create the power the windmills would create? so many factors here. the bird deaths by windmills are insignificant in the larger picture...and i am a lifelong birder with a in the wildlife re-hab industry...
Yes, they are changing design of new office buildings. But they also run into windows in my house, and I like windows!!

Adding more stuff that kills birds doesn't make sense.

Even with windmills, the past years have seen an explosion of fossil fuel activities, huge areas denuded for fracking all over the USA. And we're still mining and exporting coal like mad.

So there is no net gain in windmills. Just another producer of energy, and not all that green!!

If we eliminated one bad activity when we adopt another, it would be better. But all we do is pile more and more on, to the point Mother Nature is in full disarray. There's an old Neil Young song "After the Gold Rush":

""Well, I dreamed I saw the knights
In armor coming,
Saying something about a queen.
There were peasants singing and
Drummers drumming
And the archer split the tree.
There was a fanfare blowing
To the sun
That was floating on the breeze.
Look at Mother Nature on the run
In the nineteen seventies.
Look at Mother Nature on the run
In the nineteen seventies.""

That was true 40 years ago, even more true today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min CNN 234,445
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min Patriot AKA Bozo 62,977
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 28 min GEORGIA 3,546
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 32 min SweLL GirL 10,098
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr PEllen 104,730
Cong. John Lewis is a worthless black dem. hack... 2 hr Guest 22
News Man shot while driving in Englewood neighborhood 2 hr former democrat 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages