Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1375295 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1058271 Jan 9, 2014
On Wednesday, Tom Donohue, the President and CEO of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, vowed to make the Tea Party "feel some heat" in 2014 in order to get amnesty legislation passed.

In his "State of American Business" address, Donohue, without directly naming it, said that the Tea Party would face a "significant response" from the Chamber in 2014. He said "early involvement in the primaries is all about where we are going" and emphasized the group will try to make an impact "right from the beginning" in at least ten primary contests.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/...

pass the popcorn.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1058272 Jan 9, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
the other kind can be found on FOX.
just getting real.
Hmmm, people have asked me to translate for you so I will state up front-no clue what the point was.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1058273 Jan 9, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us again how this helped the middle class.
Well, it's you rightwingers who believe in trickle down economics don'tcha? Whatsamatta?
Not feeling the trickle?
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1058274 Jan 9, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's another conspiracy for you. Big business and big oil stand to lose billions if green legislation reins them in. Could that be the reason they are spending millions to propagate phony theories provided by "scientists" like you, Pat Robertson and Rush Limbaugh?
How many Americans have been killed by guns that were "lost" during Fast and Furious?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1058275 Jan 9, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I saw Chris Christie at CPAC in Chicago a few years ago. I knew then what a piece of crap he was: a big fat donut with an image problem. I don't like fat people anyway, I figure if they can't control their mouth they can't do any thing properly.
Like Rush? The fat junkie that you listen to all day?
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1058276 Jan 9, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel sorry for the Vets; however I also realize that there will always be a certain percentage of people who fall between the cracks and choose the life of homelessness. Ever sit in a courtroom when they bring in the homeless guys in front of the judge? Most times they are arrested for vagrancy or public intoxication; they're offered a bed in a shelter and they say they don't want it. The police keep arresting them because local businesses, libraries, offices etc don't want them loitering around bothering people. What can you do about that? Keep arresting them is ridiculous, you can't force a person to stay in a shelter. I know lots of people who have been helped immensely by the VA; you can't say that they don't help people. In Ft Lauderdale they've now decided to buy up some vacant houses and designate t hem as permanent homeless shelters for the chronically homeless and ill. It will make a small dent in the problem.
When the Democrats come after you? You sound delusional and in need of treatment yourself.
delusional? Obama wins "Lie of the Year" and you still believe every word he pontificates. in need of treatment? Time for lily to check into the nearest rehab! Maybe they can do something
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1058277 Jan 9, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you're saying that companies should be sharing the wealth?
but isn't that anti-capitalistic?
How has a high stock market helped the middle class in this economy?

The worse part is we have spent 1.2 Trillion a year for several years on Welfare to the Stock Market for minimum returns.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1058278 Jan 9, 2014
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
The folks on CNN are asking if Christie created an environrnent where this type of behavior is acceptable. There is the mayor of Fort Lee saying that anyone who was involved is not fit to ever hold a political office. Wolf Blitzer is saying that the cover up is worse than what happened.
My question is.........why aren't Obama and his sidekicks (Hilary and Susan Rice) held to the same standards?
because a traffic jam is much worse than murdering Americans in Benghazi or destroying the economy of the US or ending the quality of the US medical system...
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1058279 Jan 9, 2014
<quoted text>
Well, it's you rightwingers who believe in trickle down economics don'tcha? Whatsamatta?
Not feeling the trickle?
Lily feels the trickle...so does Chris Matthews ... the only difference is lily feels more than a trickle of vodka. Whatsamatta? Unlimited gallons of vodka consumed by lily does not make for wise political decisions. Barack Hussein Obama: "Lie of the Year".
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1058280 Jan 9, 2014
<quoted text>
Not feeling the trickle?
Apparently the Dems thought this work as they past a bill that has been propping up the Stock Market at a cost to taxpayers for 1.2 Trillion a year.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1058281 Jan 9, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Budgets submitted by Presidents are always changed & modified by Congress. They are just a guideline.
The point, dickwad, is you can't blame Obama for not having budgets if they did not pass Congress.
My God you people are dumber than sh*t.
So why Obama get a dem congress to pass his budget?
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1058282 Jan 9, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Christie is a democrat, he, like O'bama didn't have a clue until he read it in the paper. O'bama/Christie is the dumbass culture. Both liberals.
I wonder why that excuse is acceptable from the president but not from Christie.........
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1058283 Jan 9, 2014
Whatever wrote:
NBC's Chuck Todd: Robert Gates books shows Hillary Clinton will do anything to win
and how did that work in 2008???...

the Obama machine will chew up the sick old lady and spit her out...
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1058284 Jan 9, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen mom, we have discussed this before. The US doesn't have to go to bed with you at 10 pm EST. When I left home your silly rules no longer applied.
lily, ghetto rafter hanging, lurking all night 24/7...

A hate filled racist rafter bat... lily. switching eyes, roosting, scratching... Returning, as the monster mother of all demons, bringing hopelessness, worthlessness, and hate filled misery upon the world...

It's the culture...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1058285 Jan 9, 2014
<quoted text>
I feel sorry for the Vets; however I also realize that there will always be a certain percentage of people who fall between the cracks and choose the life of homelessness. Ever sit in a courtroom when they bring in the homeless guys in front of the judge? Most times they are arrested for vagrancy or public intoxication; they're offered a bed in a shelter and they say they don't want it. The police keep arresting them because local businesses, libraries, offices etc don't want them loitering around bothering people. What can you do about that? Keep arresting them is ridiculous, you can't force a person to stay in a shelter. I know lots of people who have been helped immensely by the VA; you can't say that they don't help people. In Ft Lauderdale they've now decided to buy up some vacant houses and designate t hem as permanent homeless shelters for the chronically homeless and ill. It will make a small dent in the problem.
When the Democrats come after you? You sound delusional and in need of treatment yourself.
We aren't talking about the homeless illegal mexicans and blacks . We are talking about the VETS. There are no shelters in Chicago except on the sout side. Hey and then the 'warming' centers in Chicago, are only open during the day--big whoop! you don't have a clue, far be it for you to call someone else a liar. The Vets should not have to share a place with a bunch of street thug blacks and illegals in Englewood. Helped immensley, sure drug them up with methadone and oxy. That is some kind of help. DUH!
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1058286 Jan 9, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i can spam that all day long.
It's not an accident that Christie emerged in a period when the Republican Party is out of power. His videos make them feel powerful at a moment when they're weak.
The reason Chris Christie is so good at this is that Chris Christie is actually a bully. That doesn't mean he's not also a nice guy who cares deeply about his family and his constituents and his country. It doesn't mean he's not an unusually honest politician who's refreshingly free of cant and willing to question his party. There's a lot about Christie that's deeply appealing. But there's one big thing that's not: He's someone who uses his office to intimidate people and punish or humiliate perceived enemies.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...
He sounds more like Obama every day.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1058287 Jan 9, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbwaiter & his Tea Party dipstcks are just mad that Christie put his constituents first after Hurricane Sandy & worked with the President to get federal aid to help people.
Dumbwairter wanted Christie to f*ck over his constituents & turn down Obama help like a true Republican who constantly f*ck his constituents for political gain.
Just like they did with TARP & Just like they did during & after the recession they created.
Everyone knows this is the truth. You were humping Christies leg up until Sandy. Just like you did with that Florida governor.
More proof you people are dumber than sh*t.
Yeah, everyone else but you is dumber than sh*t, yet you still don't know what Ted Cruz was filibustering.

Yeah, sure!

Was Clinton impeached?

ROTFLMAO!!!

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1058288 Jan 9, 2014
Strike Force who really help the Vets have been kicked out of both VA Hospitals in Chicago.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1058289 Jan 9, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, people have asked me to translate for you so I will state up front-no clue what the point was.
J. Christian Adams' Campaign Donation Hypocrisy

In his new book, Injustice: Exposing The Racial Agenda Of The Obama Justice Department, New Black Panther fabulist J. Christian Adams goes to great pains to highlight campaign donations to President Obama from DOJ staffers and appointees.

At one point in the book, Adams even explains that on Election Day 2008, Voting Section chief Christopher Coates kept him at the Section's Washington desk because he didn't trust "key DOJ election officials" who were "large donors to Obama":

Yeah, it would be horrible if a donor for one of the presidential candidates had been in that position on Election Day, right? You'd never be able to trust whether they were acting to further the law or their candidate of choice.

DOCUMENT

Yup, J. Christian Adams was a John McCain donor. He received the first report about the New Black Panther case. The rest is history.

Anyone else see an "appearance of impropriety"?

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2011/10/03/j-chr...
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1058290 Jan 9, 2014
<quoted text>
Yes, he's going to pardon all the black killers and send them to gitcha whitey!!!
Do you even know anything about Abu-Jamal's case? No. You don't; all you know is that he's black therefore must be guilty.
What do you have against Debo Adegbile? He's black. Eric Holder? He's black. The President; he's black.
You're so terrified of black people that it's comical. Go hide
Why do you dismiss the bad that these people have done???? Because they are black????? You are every bit as racist as you accuse others of being.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Doug77 8,111
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Topo 213,243
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 58,879
News Father Of Hans Peterson Speaks Out (Oct '07) 8 hr Tiger jean 51
News Teachers' union is rethinking a spring strike, ... 8 hr neasux 5
has anyone ever had sex with an animal? (Jul '12) 8 hr Tellitlikeitis 7
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 hr Budmo hey budmo heey 70,473
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 hr pundit 101,744
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages