Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1707071 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1058800 Jan 9, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
The scandal—especially damaging details such as the nonchalant way his aides mocked a local mayor's pleas for help—threaten to transform Christie's image into something else entirely: a dissembling bully. It's not a new concept; The New York Times suggested as much just last month. But those perceptions were largely confined to critics during his first term and after 22-point reelection romp in November.
Not anymore.
"His political reputation risks falling on the other side of the knife point," one senior GOP strategist said. "A reputation for being a tough-talking, no-nonsense governor is now at risk of turning into a thin-skinned politician who exacts retribution on people for even the smallest slights."
http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/repub...
so i would think the tea party would start to like the guy.
If you remember correctly: Christie was at CPAC one year, and never asked back. Why you ask??? because he is not a conservative. Now what about Hillary Rodman Clinton?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1058801 Jan 9, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I think its funny how the abuse of power by his administration is something we should all agree upon. I haven't seen anyone defend Christie, but you'd never know that listening to the left.
what abuse of power are you referring to?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1058802 Jan 9, 2014
Signs the Progressive 'you did not build that' economy is on fire!

"BBVA Compass to cut around 600 jobs in Alabama"

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/24400087/bbva-co...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1058803 Jan 9, 2014
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything to take the focus off of Obama, the "failure in chief".
I wonder if Christie has gotten that "thank you" card from Obama yet. Finally, a government scandal that Obama is not involved in.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1058804 Jan 9, 2014
Signs the Progressive 'you did not build that' economy is on fire!

"WACO-L-3 Platform Integration is laying off 150 workers because of sequestration-related cuts to 2014 U.S. Navy aircraft inductions and most of the engineering work is done on two major commercial programs."

http://www.kxxv.com/story/24393346/l-3-to-lay...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1058805 Jan 9, 2014
Raging Stock market!!!!!

Obama's economy!

He built it!

then we have this:

"Macy's shares jump on plan to cut 2,500 jobs"

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/breaki...

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1058806 Jan 9, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
check your facts....
"John Galt"
In "silly's" world every black ever convicted was railroaded. Every white ever found not guilty was a result of failed system. A system that works to demean and put blacks down.
Peace
Happy New Year

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1058807 Jan 9, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think I've ever heard anyone say they "don't like fat people".
The Republican tent keeps getting smaller, literally and figuratively. Now its just old skinny white men.
She used to go around describing herself as a "petite, white, female hymie". I would say she has a self-image problem which causes her to obsess about other people weight.

Looney Toons: la petite femme skunk fatale!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1058808 Jan 9, 2014
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
"As for Christie’s claim that he knew nothing about what his aides and appointees had done until this week, it strains credulity. He must have known what his people were doing, or he must have learned about it at some point in the last few months."
Why hasn't Obama been held to this standard?
maybe he read it in a newspaper.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1058809 Jan 9, 2014
Look what man made Global Warming did...

'Texas Power Tops $5,000 for First Time Amid Frigid Weather'

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-06/texa...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1058811 Jan 9, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
painting classes.
thank god. Otherwise he'd be invading other countries.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1058812 Jan 9, 2014
optics...

"Madonna Defends Photo of 13-Year-Old Son Holding a Liquor Bottle"

http://news.radio.com/2014/01/06/madonna-defe...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1058813 Jan 9, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the facts of history prove this.
How about you prove it to yourself. Create a time line, and use your patriotic war map you used to follow the action of US forces in Afghanistan and put pins in all the locations where the US Armed Forces were in combat against the Taliban and Al Qaeda.
If you noticed, all the pins were in the mountains until Obama was named president.
Identify the time when the request for the surge was made.
Then, identify the tiime when Obama began his dither period.
Then identify the time when all US forces ceased combat operations in the mountains and retreated to the population centers.
Then identify the time when Obama ended his dither period and sent just a little over half of the requested surge force to Afghanistan.
Then remove all the pins from your map (that are only in the mountains up to when Obama ordered all combat cease and all US forces to retreat to the population centers).
Then add the pins to the map of all combat after Obama ordered US forces to retreat.
Then add pins to the map to identify the bombings of villages and cities that began to occur after Obama was named president.
Now, you tell all of us here the difference in locations of places of combat.
.... got you. You just got caught denying actual history.
For bonus points, give us the date Obama promised the Taliban would be part of the future government of Afghanistan.
For additional bonus points, give us the date Obama gave the Taliban "safe passage" throughout Afghanistan.
You're an ignorant dupe.
Yes, I believe the facts of history. Here it is again for your convenient reference:
Recalling the events of that time, there was a request for surge troops which Obama dithered, then sent a little more than half of what was requested. At that same time, Obama ordered all combat in the mountains where Al Qaeda and the Taliban were holed up in caves cease, and all US forces to retreat to the population centers. Al Qaeda and the Taliban merely came out of the caves and followed Obama's retreat to re-insert themselves into the populations Bush had separated them from. Then, Obama gives the Taliban "safe passage" throughout Afghanistan. As a result, today, Al Qaeda and the Taliban are bombing every village and city throughout Afghanistan.
The intent was to sabotage the war against the Islamist terrorists in Afghanistan.
Today, as we speak, the Armed Forces of the United States are training Al Qaeda terrorists on a US military base in Jordan, and Al Qaeda has grown to be bigger and stronger than it had ever been in its history, so much they can invade Syria and fight a full-scale war with the Syrian army.
Obama surrendered to the Islamist terrorists, and is now using the Armed Forces of the United States to fight to force the Islamist agenda on the objecting world.
Only an idiot would think Obama being named president and Al Qaeda's resurgence aren't connected.
no the facts do not support your silly rewriting of history. you have proven your self to post outlandish bullshit adn then run from it time and time again...this is another one of those times...

to prove it even once more let's try this. show me proof of this supposed training of AQ troops in Jordan or anywhere....
i predict you will run like the little girl you are...again....

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1058814 Jan 9, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Their dilemma is that Christie is the only Republican that had a chance in 2016. Problem now is that his claim to reach across the aisle was really just to punch the Democrat over there. He really hurt his credibility with non-partisan voters looking for compromise.
He's dead in the water and the republicans are left flopping on the deck...again.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1058815 Jan 9, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, probably true.
I used to watch that show quite a bit. They did an MRI on rodman's brain and showed him that the alcohol was physically altering his brain. Even that wasn't enough to get him to quit drinking.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1058816 Jan 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if they are or not. I've never looked into it. However, I KNOW the Catholic Church is attempting to influence legislation and that is justification to deny their tax exempt status.
were you lying when you said they were the ONE church attempting to influence legislation?

Spokane, WA

#1058817 Jan 9, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>He's done, even conservatives are piling on.
"homo"
Christie is not a conservative. He is a rino, a phoney, your type of person.
Peace
KMA
Happy New Year

Spokane, WA

#1058818 Jan 9, 2014
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you think that he should be able to speak coherently first?
"Obama is a joke"
rudeman writes off his performance to the fact he was drunk.
Peace
Happy New Year

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1058819 Jan 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that would be silly....
really? Do you think people have always used doors? Lots of people just use a hole in the wall/ceiling to get in and out of their dwelling...no door.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1058820 Jan 9, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
spend some time in California's metropolitan areas. You'll get a new appreciation for the idiot drivers in your area.
Because of the high military presence here we import the idiots from everywhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 45 min U_Nil_Name 243,319
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr SWEET FARTS 64,463
Pure Nasty Gullible Fool. 2 hr Righty Right 13
Trump is A 2 hr Righty Right 470
Maybe We Outta Ban Knives? 2 hr Righty Right 2
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... (Feb '17) 2 hr Righty Right 129
Men that wear panties 6 hr Should Carry Gun 8

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages