Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1509132 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

United States

#1058538 Jan 9, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Prescriptions for four opiates – hydrocodone, oxycodone, methadone and morphine – have surged by 270 percent in the past 12 years, according to data CIR obtained through the Freedom of Information Act. CIR’s analysis for the first time exposes the full scope of that increase, which far outpaced the growth in VA patients and varied dramatically across the nation.
http://cironline.org/reports/vas-opiate-overl...
Rush Limbaugh!
Your package has arrived.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1058539 Jan 9, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
NO...but how would a NYC Bocajew like you know the difference...
"Catholic churches" is not precise term...
are you referring to the Roman Catholic Church, the Church of Rome???...
far different from other Christian churches, all of which are generally independent operations..
if your question is about the Vatican, talk to someone who cares...
If you had been paying attention, you would know that I have been discussing the Catholic Church aka Roman Catholic Church aka Church of Rome. You can cherry pick all you want. Does not change the fact that they are intertwined. I have not been discussing other denominations. I am not discussing neighborhood churches that are struggling. I am discussing the one church that is attempting to influence legislation in this country. The one church that should have their tax exempt status denied. Stop trying to change the subject.
dem

United States

#1058540 Jan 9, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>I'm looking for news stories where an outraged media is calling for Obama administration heads to roll after any one of the many scandals.

Maybe Christie needs to jump ship and declare himself a democrat. Then the media would be saying his actions today showed what an honest, tough, and no nonsense politician he was.

Still looking, by the way...
Up early again, gunner?
Eman fart while you were under the covers?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1058541 Jan 9, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>He's done, even conservatives are piling on.
I am sure just like the MSM piling on Hilary yesterday irreversibly harmed her.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1058542 Jan 9, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Obama played by the rules and acted the part as was expected of him to win. He even sent troops into Afghanistan and into harm's way because he couldn't say enough times it was the "right war" in order to win. But after being elected and sending those soldiers into a war zone, less than 24 hours later, he announced a withdrawal deadline.
Now that's what I call commitment by a Commander-in-Chief who believes in what he's doing at the risk of losing lives...not!
that 's funny, most rational people expect our gov't ot have an xit plan when devising a military operation...others have been chastised for not having one for very good reason/

stick to parroting, dear, independent thought isn't your cup of tea, obviously....

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1058543 Jan 9, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>He's done, even conservatives are piling on.
Don't think he ever got started. Unless you were the only one who heard him announce his 2016 candidacy and his withdrawal from the presidential race. Because I didn't.

A lot can happen in just one week in politics. We've got two more years to go before the mean lean liberal lying machine even starts its engines.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1058545 Jan 9, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure about Christie. Right now, looking elsewhere.
I'm not a big fan of Christie, but he has acted more like a leader today than Obama ever has or ever will.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1058546 Jan 9, 2014
Someone noticed a big flaw in the Christie presser-he forgot to blame the previous governor.
dem

United States

#1058547 Jan 9, 2014
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>At least Christie had the balls to fire those involved. Do you think that Obama will ever have the balls to fire the people responsible for Fast and Furious, or the Benghazi attack?
You dream about his big fat sweaty balls don't you?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1058548 Jan 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>wasn't that just the best!.297 is actually "fully one-third" ...
don't go easy on me...why do those building have to have windows? and you know it is the windows that are the problem, not the buildings...
how much bird habitat is destroyed mining for coal to create the power the windmills would create? so many factors here. the bird deaths by windmills are insignificant in the larger picture...and i am a lifelong birder with a in the wildlife re-hab industry...
Yes, they are changing design of new office buildings. But they also run into windows in my house, and I like windows!!

Adding more stuff that kills birds doesn't make sense.

Even with windmills, the past years have seen an explosion of fossil fuel activities, huge areas denuded for fracking all over the USA. And we're still mining and exporting coal like mad.

So there is no net gain in windmills. Just another producer of energy, and not all that green!!

If we eliminated one bad activity when we adopt another, it would be better. But all we do is pile more and more on, to the point Mother Nature is in full disarray. There's an old Neil Young song "After the Gold Rush":

""Well, I dreamed I saw the knights
In armor coming,
Saying something about a queen.
There were peasants singing and
Drummers drumming
And the archer split the tree.
There was a fanfare blowing
To the sun
That was floating on the breeze.
Look at Mother Nature on the run
In the nineteen seventies.
Look at Mother Nature on the run
In the nineteen seventies.""

That was true 40 years ago, even more true today.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1058549 Jan 9, 2014
20 Forgotten Bush Scandals

Everyone remembers weapons of mass destruction, the US attorney firings. But historians will note that those are only the beginning of the Bush administration scandals

....20) The administration ethos was nicely summarized during the investigation in the firing of US attorneys, in a testy exchange between former White House Political Director Sara Taylor and Sen. Patrick Leahy. Taylor: "I took an oath to the presidentAnd I believe that taking that oath means that I need to respect, and do respect, my service to the president." Leahy: "No, the oath says that you take an oath to uphold and protect the Constitution of the United States. That is your paramount duty. I know that the president refers to the government being his governmentit's not."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2009/01...

St. Croix valley

#1058550 Jan 9, 2014
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
At least Christie had the balls to fire those involved. Do you think that Obama will ever have the balls to fire the people responsible for Fast and Furious, or the Benghazi attack?
obama can fire people from the Bush administration and terrorists from other countries?

wow! dude, just freakin' wow....
dem

United States

#1058551 Jan 9, 2014
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you think that he should be able to speak coherently first?
I bet your daughter knows Ebonics.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1058552 Jan 9, 2014
Fake Phony Scandals wrote:
<quoted text> That and say he just heard about it on the evening news! lol smh
MSNBC
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1058553 Jan 9, 2014
The Top 43 Appointees Who Helped Make Bush The Worst President Ever

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2009/01/17/...

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1058554 Jan 9, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure about Christie. Right now, looking elsewhere.
Apparently he's no different than Obama - if anyone dares oppose you, go after We the People, the innocent constituents, not the political foe.

IRS goes after citizens associated with the Tea Party and conservative groups. Remember how fast the IRS was on Dr. Carson's butt after he dared challenge Obamacare?
dem

United States

#1058555 Jan 9, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Meanwhile Obama bin Lyin has succeeded in losing demokRATs the House and Senate in 2014 you ignorant dumbasss... in 3 more year you idiot, Obama bin Lyin loses democRATS the POTUS in 2016 you moron..

It's the culture...
Cry for me beitch. Do it. Whine like the lil goat you are
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1058556 Jan 9, 2014
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
At least Christie had the balls to fire those involved. Do you think that Obama will ever have the balls to fire the people responsible for Fast and Furious, or the Benghazi attack?
How about firing the fools running the failed roll out and debacle of obamacare.. Kathleen Sebelius and that group of fools??

The gift that keeps on giving...

It's the culture...

St. Croix valley

#1058557 Jan 9, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>
Meanwhile Obama bin Lyin has succeeded in losing demokRATs the House and Senate in 2014 you ignorant dumbasss... in 3 more year you idiot, Obama bin Lyin loses democRATS the POTUS in 2016 you moron..
It's the culture...
is it the culture that makes you unable to forma cogent thought or sentence?
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1058558 Jan 9, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I dream about your big fat sweaty balls on me don't you?
It's the culture...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Dr Guru 239,551
Obama has LEAK under sink. 2 hr TroyTheRealPlumber 39
Graduation in Detroit. 2 hr Beyond Stoooopid 3
The Scoop on Weiner. 3 hr Weiners A weiner 4
Local Politics Do you approve of Michael Madigan as ? 3 hr HANG MADIGAN 3
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 6 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 8,068
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,569

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages