Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232300 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

dem

United States

#1057527 Jan 8, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>He was funny. Lighten up.

Just admit it you Progressives think you are smarter than non-Progressives because....
well, that is what your Progressive friends tells you and you think they are smart for noticing.
Sorry for two responses but in looking at your post I see you mentioned gunner being funny. That nitwit drop out is not funny. He is pathetically retarded. As in regressive.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1057528 Jan 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i didn't deny anything. i have no qualms with dem as he can actually defend himself intellectually. you cannot.
you cannot eve back up your own words..
run from your words, coward...run!!!
smack smack smackity smack!
And bingo here is woodtick supporting dem.

Now we wait, will dem say aw shucks he didn't mean it......

Enough with this soap opera. You two figure out what you two really think.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1057529 Jan 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
what does any of this have to do with the IRS???...
Have you already forgotten what you requested? You told me to prove the Catholic Church had "profits" and I gave you proof. Ducking and dodging from your post won't change facts.
dem

United States

#1057530 Jan 8, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>You just don't like me holding up a mirror in front of the liberal ideology you strongly support.

Which party has governed the poorest cities in this country the longest? Take a guess.

Which senior advisor to the president has a reputation in Chicago as one of the worst slumlords in the city? Her name starts with a "V".

Which party refuses to even entertain the idea of vouchers so poverty-stricken children can at least have a remote chance at a better future?

And which party refuses to even entertain the idea of reforms - across the board - to eliminate all the waste and fraud and improve government programs to actually work better for the poor and to make taxes more fair for everyone?

Okay, I put down the mirror. Go back into your denial mode.
How many red states are welfare states.
Come on dumb carol take a stab.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1057531 Jan 8, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the psychotic observations.
Now go play.
Funny. That's what I used to tell my fifth graders when they wanted to hang around with the teachers at recess when we were talking. "Now go play..."

Brought back some memories.
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Palm Coast, FL

#1057532 Jan 8, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think he's practicing on Lily? Sure hope not.
=(
lily plays the knockout game with herself & her vodka.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1057533 Jan 8, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
"I think he [Joe Biden] has been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades.”- former Defense Secretary Robert Gates on the moron one heartbeat away from the presidency.
While Jay Carney says it is true. Biden was involved as an attempt to defend him.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1057534 Jan 8, 2014
Hot New Wood Stoves: High-Tech & Eco-Friendly
By Marc Lallanilla, Assistant Editor | January 07, 2014 05:24pm ET
Ever since the first caveman threw a log on the first fire, burning wood for heating and cooking has helped to define human civilization. But wood as a fuel source has some inherent drawbacks, especially the gases, particulate matter and other pollutants produced by burning logs.
A new generation of high-efficiency wood stoves, however, has become available that are as low in emissions as they are high in energy efficiency. And as the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) introduces new regulations designed to make wood stoves even more efficient, people are rediscovering wood as a smart, renewable source of energy.
Last week, the EPA proposed tightening its emission standards for wood stoves: Currently, the EPA certifies wood stoves that produce 7.5 grams of fine particulate matter per hour, but new regulations would reduce that level to 4.5 grams per hour by next year, the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner reports, and lower it again to 1.3 grams per hour by 2019.[Top 10 Alternative Energy Bets]
The EPA's new restrictions, however, appear unlikely to diminish the popularity of wood stoves as a heating source: The use of wood as a primary residential heat source in the United States has grown by 39 percent since 2004, according to the Department of Energy, and about 8 percent of homes nationwide now use wood as a secondary source of heat.
And in certain cold, forested regions, wood is even more popular: Almost 50 percent of homes in rural New England, for example, use wood (either cord wood or wood pellets) for space heating, water heating or cooking. As the cost of heating oil rises, more homeowners can be expected to add wood stoves to their residences, either as primary or supplemental heat sources.
Out with the old, in with the new
But not all wood stoves are built alike, and there's virtually no comparison between the wood stoves made after 1988 — when the EPA first issued performance standards — and the smoky wood stoves of earlier years.
Older wood stoves burn wood inefficiently and must be fed fresh logs on a regular basis to keep a room warm. Additionally, older stoves generate much more air pollution — as much as 70 percent more — and are notorious for smoking- up the inside of homes almost as much as the outside.
The superiority of next-generation wood stoves was on full display last November in Washington, D.C., where the contestants in the 2013 Wood Stove Decathlon gathered to show off their technological superiority. The competition was sponsored by the departments of Energy and Agriculture, Popular Mechanics magazine, the Alliance for Green Heat and other groups.
Some models on display used computer technology, gas-flow analyses or catalytic converters to reduce emissions and increase efficiency. An entry from the University of Maryland used a thermoelectric generator (TEG)— which derives energy from the heat of the stove — to power a fan that pulled warm exhaust air back into the stove, improving efficiency while also conserving heat.
A new Woodstock generation
Competition winner Woodstock Soapstone of Vermont, however, improved on existing technologies to create a stove that achieved an impressive 82 percent wood-burning efficiency, while generating only 0.54 grams of particulate emissions per hour, according to Popular Mechanics.
"It's a complicated stove that we needed to simplify down to its main components," Woodstock Soapstone president Tom Morrissey told Popular Mechanics. "We asked ourselves: Are we trying to wow the judges, or are we making something that's really simple? We went with simple, and it worked very well."
dem

United States

#1057535 Jan 8, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Do you know what the polar vortex is? Have you ever heard of it? Well, they just created it for this week....Now, in their attempt, the left, the media, everybody, to come up with a way to make this sound like it's something new and completely unprecedented, they've come up with this phrase called the "polar vortex."

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/01/06/...
Whenever a regressive sees something they didn't know about or can't understand they take the logical step of denigrating it falsely.
Kinda like ray Donovan being shook up by the word cogent.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1057536 Jan 8, 2014
How many ways have Liberals tried to make Global Warming appealing, Ugly is Ugly a Myth a Myth here’s a few Today ‘Global Warming, Tomorrow Climate Change, the Next, Day Man Made Disaster’ you get the drift?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1057537 Jan 8, 2014
Well, gotta go. For now.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1057538 Jan 8, 2014
While Woodstock Soapstone's winning design, dubbed the Ideal Steel, isn't yet available to the general public, when it does go to market (sometime later this year), it should retail for less than $2,000. That amount could represent a considerable energy savings for people who live in cold climates and/or drafty houses. And a federal tax credit, as well as some state and local government incentives, make wood stoves an even more attractive alternative.[Top 10 Emerging Environmental Technologies]

Which wood stove? Pros and cons

Newer wood stoves generally fall into one of two categories, either catalytic or non-catalytic. Catalytic stoves send smoky exhaust through a ceramic honeycomb catalyst (not unlike the catalytic converter on a car) that burns off the gases and particulate matter in the exhaust, and as a result emits fewer pollutants.

Non-catalytic stoves have interior baffles to produce a longer flow path for hot gases, which causes more of the exhaust's gases and particulates to burn. Air flowing into the stove is also pre-heated, increasing the efficiency of the stove.

Both types of wood stoves have advantages and disadvantages: While catalytic models generally have longer burn times and higher efficiency than non-catalytic wood stoves, catalytic models can be higher maintenance, since the catalysts need to be replaced every few years (depending on how often the stove is used, type of wood burned, etc.). And models that rely on electricity to operate will, of course, be non-functional in the event of a power outage.

The EPA and wood stove manufacturers recommend that consumers burn only the right wood for their stove (generally dry, seasoned hardwood), use a certified technician to install the wood stove, and have the stove and chimney inspected regularly to prevent chimney fires and ensure proper operation.

Follow Marc Lallanilla on Twitter and Google+. Follow us @livescience, Facebook & Google+. Original article on LiveScience.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1057539 Jan 8, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You just don't like me holding up a mirror in front of the liberal ideology you strongly support.
Which party has governed the poorest cities in this country the longest? Take a guess.
Which senior advisor to the president has a reputation in Chicago as one of the worst slumlords in the city? Her name starts with a "V".
Which party refuses to even entertain the idea of vouchers so poverty-stricken children can at least have a remote chance at a better future?
And which party refuses to even entertain the idea of reforms - across the board - to eliminate all the waste and fraud and improve government programs to actually work better for the poor and to make taxes more fair for everyone?
Okay, I put down the mirror. Go back into your denial mode.
Gibberish__on steroids.

So now you're a tax advocate too? Ax the tax? Hah!

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1057540 Jan 8, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"shinningelectr0n" <quoted text>
Try pills.
If that doesn't work then hold your breath as long as you can and call me from the Funeral Home.
So much for that immature banter YOU were whining about the other day...
dem

United States

#1057541 Jan 8, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>And bingo here is woodtick supporting dem.

It's becoming clearer that you are too dumb to engage either of us. It's not my fault you are dumb. It's the home schooling that made you a social misfit and a public embarrassment.
I would defend that a donkey is smarter than you. Except John Galt might get angry that I compared you to his father
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1057542 Jan 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and when given the facts that all your posts are supporting a false paradigm, you keep posting them...
you are doing exactly what you falsely chastise others for...
and you are too stupid to even know you are making an ass out your self this way...that is the funniest part!
Show us a paper that 100 percent proves you are right on MAN MADE global warming...just one...
dem

United States

#1057543 Jan 8, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>Funny. That's what I used to tell my fifth graders when they wanted to hang around with the teachers at recess when we were talking. "Now go play..."

Brought back some memories.
Who woulda thought a 100 years later you'd be dumber than one.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1057544 Jan 8, 2014
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
"His attempts to laugh this off now appear to be dishonest, though we can't yet be sure that he personally knew about the correspondence of one of his top aides. Still, Christie bears responsibility either way. If it turns out he did know, he is obviously lying and unfit for office -- let alone a 2016 presidential run.
And even if he did not, his officials are liars. If Christie can't control them, how can we trust him as a potential future leader of our country?"
Interesting.
Why should Christie be held responsible? When will Obama be held responsible for the lies and actions of himself and the people under him?
Bush admin slid. plenty of lies and actions that shouldn't have.

i'm just wondering when Obama is going to catch up.
dem

United States

#1057545 Jan 8, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
Well, gotta go. For now.
Maybe I'll leave before jury duty is over.
Not!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1057546 Jan 8, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
And bingo here is woodtick supporting dem.
i am supporting the fact that he can actually use his brain to form an argument. something you clearly cannot.

swing at the ball on the tee, junior, not at your own head...

you just can't help yourself from making a bigger ass of yourself, can you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 42 min Fair Game 53,473
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr JRB 189,746
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Net Workit 5,994
Amy 5-23 13 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
Abby 5-23 13 hr mrs gladys kravitz 2
News AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 14 hr RICO 7,567
Word (Dec '08) 16 hr Dream Crystal 5,239
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]