Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1234733 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Lnc

United States

#1057435 Jan 8, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I fear for the nation's future with the constant leakage ..........House.
woodtick57 is brighter than you and Carol has a better grasp on reality.

Word!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1057436 Jan 8, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Al Roker has this to say to all the haters out there: The polar vortex is real, and anyone who doesn't believe that can "stuff it."
Roker got the last word on the "polar vortex" controversy Wednesday morning when he pulled out an old college textbook from 1959 that contained a term ID for the weather condition.
His comments were aimed at those, like conservative radio show host Rush Limbaugh, who claim that the polar vortex is a made-up term and a "left-wing media conspiracy."
"Let me tell you something," he said on "Today." "We've never used the phrase 'global warming' or 'climate change' in conjunction with this... Okay?! So for all the doubters out there, STUFF IT."
Al Roker lacks a college degree and has no formal education in meteorology or climatology...

Roker is just a talking head...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1057437 Jan 8, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not surprised that someone belonging to a party that has replaced the term "utilization management" with "death panels" would believe that "Polar Vortex" is a newly coined word.
You just can't help exposing your ignorance on a regular basis.
Who said that "Polar Vortex" is a newly coined word?

Please explain your confusion.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1057438 Jan 8, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I am willing to go with his interpretation of your debating skills. You engage in innuendos, twist clear statements to mean something else, deny posting what you had posted, etc.
Are you joking? You are the king/queen of that crap.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1057439 Jan 8, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals don't know where to draw the line between compassion and gullibility. But gullibility is how they get votes and stay in power. Plain and simple.
Doing unto the least of these is a charge given to all of us. The liberals keep throwing the federal government in the mix to do what we're supposed to do ourselves.
The thing that always gets lost on them is there will always be a food stamp program and welfare aid. But creating un-incentives to work to support oneself and be able to stand on one's own two feet is their idea of compassion.
now that's funny! the religious cult member that worships a proven false idol talking about gullibility...

i think the irony meter just disintegrated...
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1057440 Jan 8, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Gates is cashing in on the lust Obama haters have for any morsel to embarrass him. Although he agreed with Obama on the overuse of military, his ego was bruised when he wasn't given free reign.
Typical response you need New Material!!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1057441 Jan 8, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing racist about Detroit and the inner cities is liberals don't give a crap about minorities and spew empty rhetoric so people like you will believe they really, really, really, really do.
Sheesh, Realtime. Stop embarrassing yourself.
More gibberish.. What's become of you doll?

There was a time when you were sincere and occasionally put up a sensible post. These days you're no different than Bronach.
Lnc

United States

#1057442 Jan 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Jean is still here...the NYC Bocajew just uses a different name...
woodtick57, Lily Boca Raton FL, USAsince1680 are much brighter than you

and Carol has a better grasp on Posting on thread.

Lapeer, MI

#1057443 Jan 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what does that have to do with anything? all studies show that freethinkers are more generous and philanthropic than you religious cult freaks...
try to keep up with the real world, dear...
"all studies show that...." is something a fifth grader would bleat on the playground.

Profound you are not. Small and cheap you are.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1057444 Jan 8, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I am willing to go with his interpretation of your debating skills. You engage in innuendos, twist clear statements to mean something else, deny posting what you had posted, etc.
if only you could find one post of mine that corroborates your lie there...

just one...

it would seem you just did exactly what you falsely accused me of..

you really are not up to taking me on, little man...you just are not capable. you are just not even close to my league...you know it, i know it you just proved it...again...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1057445 Jan 8, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go:
https://www.cai.org/bible-studies/vatican-bil...
"Vatican financial operations can trespass into semi-illegality at times because of their diversity and secrecy. Scandal erupted in the eighties to the astonishment of millions of Catholics and the chagrin of many who genuinely thought the Vatican was engaged only in charitable operations.
By and large, however, its investments are well looked after by those financial experts whose experience is second to none! The Vatican's traditional financial dealers are a mostly non-Catholic fraternity of Protestants, agnostics, non-Christians, Jews and even atheists.
Its traditional financial transactions have been handled for years by the great banking concerns of J. P. Morgan in New York (mostly for American investments), Hambros of London for British investments, and the Swiss Credit Bank of Zurich for European investments - without mentioning the Vatican's own concerns such as Banco di Roma, Banco Commerciale, Banco Santo Spirito.
Now, it must never be forgotten that all the above form only the "liquid" financial assets of the Holy See......
"The claim that such property is not owned by the Catholic Church is like saying that a Communist dictatorship does not own anything because all the property is owned by the people.
When the Catholic Church sells a piece of land or buys one, the bishop as a rule signs the deed, which means his See becomes the owner or receives the money. Whether the transaction is localised to the diocese, or deputised from the national hierarchy or from the Vatican, is basically irrelevant since ultimately it concerns the property of the Catholic Church."
what does any of this have to do with the IRS???...
Lnc

United States

#1057446 Jan 8, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine no vodka
Imagine no hangovers
woodtick57, Lily Boca Raton FL, USAsince1680 are much brighter than you.
Alas you remain amusing and damaging to what ever cause
you pretend to advocate

LOL

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1057447 Jan 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>still nothing from you...
why do you even post if you can't make a cogent point?
Cogent point = a point that left wing progressives agree upon

Lapeer, MI

#1057448 Jan 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> again, you misunderstand a very clear post completely. you are among the ignorant that i weep for.
If you should ever weep, they would be crocodile tears in a Andres Serrano urine-filled glass.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1057449 Jan 8, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>IPCC Lead Author Says Climate Models Are Failing
July 13, 2013
JAMES M. TAYLOR, J.D.
James M. Taylor is managing editor of Environment & Climate News, a national monthly...
United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change lead author Hans von Storch told Der Spiegel that climate models are having a difficult time replicating the lack of global warming during the past 15 years.
“So far, no one has been able to provide a compelling answer to why climate change seems to be taking a break," said Storch.
Storch said the models say the planet should be warming much more than it has.
"According to most climate models, we should have seen temperatures rise by around 0.25 degrees Celsius (0.45 degrees Fahrenheit) over the past 10 years. That hasn't happened. In fact, the increase over the last 15 years was just 0.06 degrees Celsius (0.11 degrees Fahrenheit)-- a value very close to zero," Storch told Der Spiegel. "This is a serious scientific problem that the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) will have to confront when it presents its next Assessment Report late next year.
98 Percent of Models Wrong
IPCC may have to revise its climate models to reflect real-world climate conditions, Storch noted.
"At my institute, we analyzed how often such a 15-year stagnation in global warming occurred in the simulations. The answer was: in under 2 percent of all the times we ran the simulation. In other words, over 98 percent of forecasts show CO2 emissions as high as we have had in recent years leading to more of a temperature increase," Storch told the magazine.
"If things continue as they have been, in five years, at the latest, we will need to acknowledge that something is fundamentally wrong with our climate models. A 20-year pause in global warming does not occur in a single modeled scenario. But even today, we are finding it very difficult to reconcile actual temperature trends with our expectations," he explained.
Rewards of Scientific Method
“Hans von Storch is simply doing what all real scientists do: examine the most recently available data and use it to guide your path to conclusions,” meteorologist Anthony Watts, proprietor of the popular WattsUpWithThat.com climate science website, told Environment & Climate News.
“The nature of science is to go where the data tells you to go, not to go where you believe you should, and that is what von Storch is doing as a scientist,” Watts explained.“Meanwhile, those who go in the direction they believe they should go—or are told to go—are continuing on like lemmings marching to the sea, blissfully unaware that the road of science has a U-turn sign up ahead. The belief-system pileup at the U-turn will be something to behold.”
“The latest admission regarding the failure of IPCC's climate models in accounting for the stasis in the global temperature trend for the past 15 years is really no surprise,” Cambridge, Massachusetts climate scientist Willie Soon said.“It is merely professor Hans von Storch reporting the scientific evidence in an honest manner. The IPCC climate models have a long history of predicting too much warming, and Storch’s observations show that is still the case.
“There is a strong disconnect between carbon dioxide emissions and global temperatures. The evidence for this is every day becoming more difficult to deny,” Soon added.
Again, the IPCC is the UN's brainchild since 1990.

After 250 scientists from the U.S. disputed their data, another agency was created to look into it, and their report didn't shine too favorably on the IPCC's "transparency" and minimizing of errors".

But the IPCC is still the liberal propaganda expert on global warming.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1057450 Jan 8, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Al Roker??? AL ROKER???!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA..... he's an entertainer fergodsake and has nothing to do with science.
Get real. He's a tabloid flunky working for a paycheck and fame.
Glenn Beck???
M Stein

New York, NY

#1057451 Jan 8, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Jane! I'm thrilled that DiBlasio got elected in NY! That's enough to send you straight onto the subway tracks
OK ??, sure, whatever. DeBlasio will prove to the world that left leaning government destroys a city.

You posted:
"In a month it will be at the used bookstore for a dollar like most of these books. Who buys them? They throw out a few salacious lines of red meat for the rightwing idiots to entice them to buy it. Save your money dummies."

Now tell us what was asked. "a few salacious lines?" Why is it ok for Obama to repeatedly lie and distort in his two autobiographies? The White House didn't have to deny that he lied. They counted on the media to ignore and it as usual. Imagine if it had been Bush or Romney that wrote lie after lie. It would be front page and similar to when Sarah Palin's emails were scrutinized, the lies would have been dissected and front page news.

But the proof of Obama's willingness to tell a lie — even one about his late mother — about his past in order to score political points has already been well established.

Most Americans don’t care about the president’s old girlfriends or place much importance about the proper sequence of events in his life. Nor should they.

But the myth he wove about Ann Dunham’s death is the sort of damning falsehood for which he still deserves to be held accountable.

That he won’t be is a much bigger story than anything uncovered by Maraniss. You wonder if someday historians will be writing about the main stream media's complicity in electing Obama, downplaying his shady, unvetted past and under-reporting his failures as president.
M Stein

New York, NY

#1057452 Jan 8, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. The President's mother isn't really dead but is a Linda Lovelace impersonator in Las Vegas brothels.
I didn't think either of them ever had a job. Thanks for clearing that up.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1057453 Jan 8, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>C'mon lily, the resemblance is uncanny__the two had the same strong jaw and that droopy right eyelid is one in a million. Ann Dunham and Elvis were almost certainly brother and sister.
Obama doesn't have the bone structure or facial characteristics of Elvis any more than he does Obama, Sr. Compared to a photo of Frank Davis, he's a dead ringer.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1057454 Jan 8, 2014
Imagine there's no Tea Baggers
It's quite a fun thing to do

No need for greed or sloth
And no ignorance too

Imagine the rest of the world able to be free

You may say I am a liberal but I'm actually a moderate
And I'm not the only one

I hope some day you'll join me
And Homer will be president in 2017...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 min red and right 53,519
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 48 min _Zoey_ 6,014
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 54 min Quirky 190,351
News Former U.S. House Speaker Hastert indicted on f... 1 hr Pat Robertson s F... 11
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr PEllen 99,579
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 7 hr Graham Cracker 51,760
have steroidsss in USA 9 hr Nail Alexander 2
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]