Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1057196 Jan 8, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Is that why they screw the environment son?
Your geological strata has been fracked many times, babee..

You giggle when the proppants get shoved in there.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1057197 Jan 8, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Check the mud scientists told us in 1971!!!!
La Times....
"New Ice Age Coming---It's Already Getting Colder
Ocean Floor Sediment Holds Clues to Future New Ice Age on Way---It's Colder Already NEW ICE AGE"
http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/latimes/doc/15673...
Back in the 70s when a polar vortex occurred it was a sign of the coming Ice Age and now it is Global Warming.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1057198 Jan 8, 2014
Former Secretary of Defense, Robert Gates, slams VP Biden, Secretary of State Clinton and President Obama in his new memoir, Duty: Memoirs of a Secretary at War.

Gates wrote that Hillary told the president her opposition to the 2007 surge in Iraq had been political because she was facing him in the Iowa primary. The president also vaguely conceded that his opposition to the Iraq surge had been political. "To hear the two of them making these admissions, and in front of me, was as surprising as it was dismaying.”

Gates also had to "resist the magnetic pull exercised by the White House, especially the Obama administration, to bring everything under its control and micromanagement" and described Obama’s White House staff as the “most centralized and controlling” since the Nixon administration.

...So Obama and Hillary make important decisions purely for political reasons, this administration wants to control and micromanage everything, and Obama's inner circle was compared to Nixon's.

That paints a pretty clear picture.

Good morning everyone.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#1057199 Jan 8, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> If that is true no wonder they went to great lengths to cover it up!
to cover what up? that we have so many mentally unstable conspiracy nuts in the US?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1057201 Jan 8, 2014
Attention, President Obama: Federal unemployment benefits do not "create jobs." Job creators create jobs.
Enough already

Coffeyville, KS

#1057202 Jan 8, 2014
Obama's first little speech of 2014 shows he has spent far too much time on the golf course over vacation and not nearly as much on changing all his hate speech and disregard of at least half of the American's he is suppose to be a president to. Obama has done more damage to the coming together of Americans and to the race issues we face and to yet another of his lies about he believes in a "united" country and not one of blue or red states. Obama believes in hate of anyone that disagrees with his policies and has made that very clear since he first started his term as president, although during his two campaigns for president he did lie and pretend to care about all American's and even to our country in general. And you have to just love how he constantly claims to not only care about but welcome opposition and constructive criticism of his administration in order to help improve and bring about healthy debates and more ideas for him to consider.
For all his lies about our economy improving and all the work they do to create new math to agree with those lies......he still has to beg and resort to threats to try to get extended unemployment benefits for the many unemployed American's (which the numbers don't even include millions that have flat given up in this economy) which are suffering under the 5th year of a failed presidency and his 5 years of policies that are only bringing about more poor and more suffering. Wow that is some successful policies right there!!!! And after reaching the 5 year mark it is Obama's economy and no one believes except die hard progressives that this isn't Obama's economy!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1057203 Jan 8, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
He certainly did say it.
He had a caller from New Hampshire who is a chemtrail wacko. Rush agreed with her about the chemtrails.
When she started into all the health problems, autism came up & Limbaugh said "Just like vaccinations".
My God Flack. The man said it.
He said te polar vortex was a hoax.
Your claim s what? That he never said it? He was just pretending" He was being a comedian?
Exactly what is your reasoning here.
He has millions of listeners that believe every word he says. They come here & repeat the same lies.
But hey, you keep defending him.
He was not agreeing with her dumbass. As any good host would he allowed her to say her piece and yes did egg her on a little but anybody with half a brain cell could tell he was encouraging her to rant so you idiots would come on here today and spout this bullshit! Hooked like the dumb trout that you are!!!!! About the polar vortex he said it has been around forever but the problem was you libtards were now bringing it out in an attempt to scare the uninformed about climate change. Hooked once again!!!!!

Lapeer, MI

#1057204 Jan 8, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You are going to hear a lot of that term because the new NYC mayor "won" on that motto.
Well, not really. De Blasio won because a greedy land developer wants the "under developed" land that the Central Park stable sits on and poured millions into the campaign. There are claims some of which was illegal.
Now you have the PETA and AAP nuts screaming it is all about the horses when De Blasio announced that he is stopping horse drawn carriages in NYC. Some people make very useful idiots.
Wow. I didn't know this.

So the Central Park Carriage Ride thing is horseshit, eh?

This is right out of the Magic Negro Recipe Book.

Minnesota's North Coast

#1057206 Jan 8, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> contrails
i guess technically they could be called contrails, but they are really wingtip vortices and they can cause condensation from teh pressure change.

contrails generally refer to the condensed trail of exhaust from the engine the wing has nothing to do with it...

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1057208 Jan 8, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Again with the adolescent excuses. "Looking and dodging"?? Obama's been president for almost FIVE years. You're tacitly admitting he's a vacant, impotent leader. When he does take credit for his actions, they fail miserably. He'll have the distinction of being the only past President to have his name replaced with an asterisk. But he did kill Osama.
Failing miserably is starting with a balanced budget & ending with the worst recession in 80 years.

Obama took office in the middle of that recession with growing job losses of 750,000 jobs a month & an economy shrinking at over 6%. He turned that around & ended the job losses by the end of the first year. The economy has been growing since.

This despite your political party deciding their party's future elections were more important than our recovery.

Since Jan of 2011, needed economic packages were consistently blocked by your dear Republicans.

Obamas record on the economy will go down in history as being right & strong.

When we were attacked on 9-1 & Bush stood upon the rubble, everyone supported him. Democrats supported his efforts in Congress.

When Bush stood at the podium & told us of the impending financial meltdown, Democrats stood with Bush. Republicans played politics.

When Obama took office to battle the economic mess, Republicans never supported him. They knew the stronger the recovery, the weaker their chances in the 2012 elections.

You support this party first tactic as you rant & have a fit about the fixer & blaming him for the effects of the Bush recession. " OMG OMG the unemployment" "OMG OMG the 47%" "OMG OMG food stamps"

Lapeer, MI

#1057209 Jan 8, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of bummer, Grayson's wife is dumping him. Her name is Lolita, the five kids also have unusual names.
Realtime, Jr., lily, nuculur option, Yeah and woodtick.

They were all baptized with vodka and bullshit.

Minnesota's North Coast

#1057210 Jan 8, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> He was not agreeing with her dumbass. As any good host would he allowed her to say her piece and yes did egg her on a little but anybody with half a brain cell could tell he was encouraging her to rant so you idiots would come on here today and spout this bullshit! Hooked like the dumb trout that you are!!!!! About the polar vortex he said it has been around forever but the problem was you libtards were now bringing it out in an attempt to scare the uninformed about climate change. Hooked once again!!!!!
Rush is still on the air?!? why?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1057213 Jan 8, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Back in the 70s when a polar vortex occurred it was a sign of the coming Ice Age and now it is Global Warming.
temperatures.
CNN International senior meteorologist Brandon Miller answers a few pressing questions about this phenomenon.
What is a polar vortex? What distinguishes it?
The polar vortex, as it sounds, is circulation of strong, upper-level winds that normally surround the northern pole in a counterclockwise direction -- a polar low-pressure system. These winds tend to keep the bitter cold air locked in the Arctic regions of the Northern Hemisphere. It is not a single storm. On occasion, this vortex can become distorted and dip much farther south than you would normally find it, allowing cold air to spill southward.
How frequently does this polar vortex distortion occur?
The upper-level winds that make up the polar vortex change in intensity from time to time. When those winds decrease significantly, it can allow the vortex to become distorted, and the result is a jet stream that plunges deep into southern latitudes, bringing the cold, dense Arctic air spilling down with it. This oscillation is known as the Arctic Oscillation and it can switch from a positive phase to negative phase a few times per year. This oscillation -- namely the negative phase where the polar winds are weaker -- tends to lead to major cold air outbreaks in one or more regions of the planet.
Where on Earth can this happen?
The polar vortex can lead to major cold air outbreaks in any portion of the Northern Hemisphere -- North America, Europe and Asia. This will lead to cold snaps in multiple locations, though not always.
How dangerous is a polar vortex distortion as compared to a tornado or hurricane?
Completely different type of systems. A cold air outbreak caused by the polar vortex is much more widespread and lasts longer than a single storm. With the widespread drop in temperature, however, you can see significant winter storms develop, especially when the cold air is initially advancing into a previously warm region -- much like the nor'easter this past week.
When was the last big one to hit a densely populated area?
Serious cold snaps happen several times a year, though in different regions of the world and with different severities. Last March saw a significant decrease in temperature as a result of the polar vortex pushing into much of Europe. Many locations experienced an Easter holiday that was much colder than their Christmas holiday. The United Kingdom, for instance, had its coldest March in 50 years.
If you get caught up in one, what should you do?
Again, it's not a "storm" that you get caught in. But when faced with significant cold temperatures, you should stay inside whenever possible, layer clothing if you must be outside, winterize your home and car, etc.
Is it a side effect of global warming and should we expect more events like this?
This is a hotly researched topic. In short, yes, it could be. It seems counterintuitive that global warming could cause significant cold snaps like this one, but some research shows that it could. We know that different types of extreme weather can result from the overall warming of the planet, melting of the Arctic Sea ice, etc. This includes extreme distortions of the jet stream, which can cause heat waves in summer and cold snaps in winter.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1057214 Jan 8, 2014
Parts of Western Europe have been battered by the worst storms for two decades during the past week -- are they related to the weather system in the United States?
They are related in a sense, but I wouldn't say "caused by." The storms in Europe are the result of a persistent pattern that has seen the jet stream parked near the United Kingdom and Ireland, which has brought a train of storm systems over the British Isles. This is the same jet stream, of course, that has plunged deep into the southern portions of the United States. So, the jet stream has been "stuck" in a position that is allowing cold Arctic air to spill into much of the United States and Canada. But it is in a position that is bringing warmer, moist air from the Atlantic over Northwest Europe, resulting in the stormy conditions.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1057216 Jan 8, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> If that is true no wonder they went to great lengths to cover it up!
Who is they??? The former detainee, Qumo, was released from Guantanamo Bay in 2007.

On a better note__Preseason Thunder begins tomorrow and runs through the weekend. It's an expanded version this year combining the Sprint and Nationwide teams for public testing and several FanFest sessions..$20 per day, kids under 12 free. Weather will be terrific.
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Palm Coast, FL

#1057217 Jan 8, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
She has been told this dozens of times over the years by various posters to no avail.
Then perhaps Hillary should finally realize that it actually DOES make a difference when our fellow Americans are slaughtered in Benghazi, and Hillary is at the helm.

Lapeer, MI

#1057219 Jan 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no i just look at the current happenings there. they seem unable to protect their own nation.
you could have looked at those same facts instead of being a little prick...
Correction: I'm a BIG prick and you love it.

Russia is a different culture and landmass. You are viewing the world through the banal propaganda outlets and media networks of your selected politics.

We all make choices.....
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Palm Coast, FL

#1057220 Jan 8, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo! Another Dittohead! Quel surpris!
That's Obama for you!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1057221 Jan 8, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"income inequality"???
Haven't I heard the Magic Negro and Charlie Rose use this about 10,000 times already to divert us away from the boy's massive leadership failures?
Maybe if Obama and Lily preached being content with what you have instead of instigating envy by implying the wealthier get a bigger piece of the pie so everyone else gets less when, in reality, the wealthy just bake more pies, we might be able to focus on Obama's policies having created more income inequality by making fewer pies and turning off the oven.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1057222 Jan 8, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
Former Secretary of Defense, Robert Gates, slams VP Biden, Secretary of State Clinton and President Obama in his new memoir, Duty: Memoirs of a Secretary at War.
Gates wrote that Hillary told the president her opposition to the 2007 surge in Iraq had been political because she was facing him in the Iowa primary. The president also vaguely conceded that his opposition to the Iraq surge had been political. "To hear the two of them making these admissions, and in front of me, was as surprising as it was dismaying.”
Gates also had to "resist the magnetic pull exercised by the White House, especially the Obama administration, to bring everything under its control and micromanagement" and described Obama’s White House staff as the “most centralized and controlling” since the Nixon administration.
...So Obama and Hillary make important decisions purely for political reasons, this administration wants to control and micromanage everything, and Obama's inner circle was compared to Nixon's.
That paints a pretty clear picture.
Good morning everyone.
pretty clear.....

House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) on Wednesday brushed off harsh criticism of Congress by former Defense Secretary Robert Gates in his new memoir.

"Listen, he's entitled to his comments under the First Amendment, just
like anybody else," Boehner told reporters when asked about the criticism.

An excerpt in Wall Street Journal from Gates' soon-to-be-published memoir, "Duty: Memoirs of a Secretary at War," reveals his resentment for the way he was treated by members of Congress while conducting two wars. He writes that he took "exceptional offense" at "inquisition-like treatment" from members of both parties whom he said were "creating a kangaroo-court environment in hearings, especially when television cameras were present."

Gates writes: "All too often during my 4½ years as secretary of defense, when I found myself sitting yet again at that witness table at yet another congressional hearing, I was tempted to stand up, slam the briefing book shut and quit on the spot. The exit lines were on the tip of my tongue: I may be the secretary of defense, but I am also an American citizen, and there is no son of a bitch in the world who can talk to me like that. I quit. Find somebody else. It was, I am confident, a fantasy widely shared throughout the executive branch."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/john-bo...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 3.6.15 6 min Sublime1 1
Amy 3.6.15 8 min Sublime1 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Dale 185,154
Word (Dec '08) 26 min RACE 5,089
Ask Amy 3-5-15 27 min RACE 8
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr scirocco 69,139
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IB DaMann 51,584
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:30 pm PST

NFL 6:30PM
Report: Lance Briggs will not return to Chicago Bears
Bleacher Report 9:21 PM
Why Moore Would Be Ideal Fit for Chicago
NBC Sports11:43 PM
Report: Lance Briggs won't be back in Chicago
Bleacher Report 3:00 AM
Colts' Extensions May Limit Free-Agency Flexibility
Bleacher Report 3:37 AM
How Much Is Hughes Worth as Top Pass Rusher?