Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394919 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1057515 Jan 8, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
Do you practice being dumb? Based on your posts you must. Every budget of the boy president, nobama, is larger than any of Bush's.
Peace
KMA
Happy New Year
Obama just followed Bush's precedent when it comes to budgeting. However, Obama's spending is substantially less than the 7.0 percent growth rate under Bush.

Spending growth in Bush’s first seven years: 8%, 7%, 6%, 8%, 7%, 3%, 9%.
Spending growth in Obama’s six years: 13%, 6%, 2%,-3%, 5%, 2%.

http://www.cato.org/blog/obamas-budget-spendi...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1057516 Jan 8, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
....some random post...
"The problem for warmists that they became emotionally, economically, and politically vested into their belief system. Now they can never let it go, regardless of all evidence to the contrary. it is a pity that they have given up science and moved into religion.'
David Goldman
and when given the facts that all your posts are supporting a false paradigm, you keep posting them...

you are doing exactly what you falsely chastise others for...

and you are too stupid to even know you are making an ass out your self this way...that is the funniest part!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1057517 Jan 8, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course he did, everyone recognized that woodtick panicked and threw out a word she thought sounded good.
and when was that?

why do you keep making a fool of yourself, little man? you know you can't keep up with me on any level..

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1057518 Jan 8, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Al Roker??? AL ROKER???!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA..... he's an entertainer fergodsake and has nothing to do with science.
Get real. He's a tabloid flunky working for a paycheck and fame.
"shinningelectr0n" <quoted text>
Try pills.
If that doesn't work then hold your breath as long as you can and call me from the Funeral Home.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1057519 Jan 8, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>More gibberish.. What's become of you doll?
There was a time when you were sincere and occasionally put up a sensible post. These days you're no different than Bronach.
You just don't like me holding up a mirror in front of the liberal ideology you strongly support.

Which party has governed the poorest cities in this country the longest? Take a guess.

Which senior advisor to the president has a reputation in Chicago as one of the worst slumlords in the city? Her name starts with a "V".

Which party refuses to even entertain the idea of vouchers so poverty-stricken children can at least have a remote chance at a better future?

And which party refuses to even entertain the idea of reforms - across the board - to eliminate all the waste and fraud and improve government programs to actually work better for the poor and to make taxes more fair for everyone?

Okay, I put down the mirror. Go back into your denial mode.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1057520 Jan 8, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
New Jersey's Top Paper Wonders If Christie Can Be Trusted 'As A Potential Future Leader Of Our Country'
The largest newspaper in New Jersey responded to the latest revelations in the George Washington Bridge scandal with a blistering editorial of Chris Christie and his staff.
The Star-Ledger's editorial board, which endorsed Christie for re-election last year despite "deep reservations," argued Wednesday that the governor's presidential pedigree should be questioned amid the latest development in the scandal.
His attempts to laugh this off now appear to be dishonest, though we can't yet be sure that he personally knew about the correspondence of one of his top aides. Still, Christie bears responsibility either way. If it turns out he did know, he is obviously lying and unfit for office -- let alone a 2016 presidential run.
And even if he did not, his officials are liars. If Christie can't control them, how can we trust him as a potential future leader of our country?
Documents obtained by TPM and other outlets implicate some of Christie's top aides in the scandal. The trove of emails show officials talking about the order to close lanes on the bridge.
"Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee," wrote Christie's Deputy Chief of Staff for Legislative and Intergovernmental Affairs, Bridget Anne Kelly in an August email.
Christie has denied that the closures were politically motivated, but Fort Lee Mayor Mark Sokolich has speculated that it was done because he did not join other Garden State Democrats in endorsing the governor's re-election 2013 bid.
Following the release of the emails, Sokolich said it was clear he had "been punished not for something I've done, but for something I didn't do."
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/star-le...
Class action suit__many were harmed__couple of hundred thousand at least.

There will be no President Christie__too bad so sad.

And the little dog laughed....
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1057521 Jan 8, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
New Jersey's Top Paper Wonders If Christie Can Be Trusted 'As A Potential Future Leader Of Our Country'
The largest newspaper in New Jersey responded to the latest revelations in the George Washington Bridge scandal with a blistering editorial of Chris Christie and his staff.
The Star-Ledger's editorial board, which endorsed Christie for re-election last year despite "deep reservations," argued Wednesday that the governor's presidential pedigree should be questioned amid the latest development in the scandal.
His attempts to laugh this off now appear to be dishonest, though we can't yet be sure that he personally knew about the correspondence of one of his top aides. Still, Christie bears responsibility either way. If it turns out he did know, he is obviously lying and unfit for office -- let alone a 2016 presidential run.
And even if he did not, his officials are liars. If Christie can't control them, how can we trust him as a potential future leader of our country?
Documents obtained by TPM and other outlets implicate some of Christie's top aides in the scandal. The trove of emails show officials talking about the order to close lanes on the bridge.
"Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee," wrote Christie's Deputy Chief of Staff for Legislative and Intergovernmental Affairs, Bridget Anne Kelly in an August email.
Christie has denied that the closures were politically motivated, but Fort Lee Mayor Mark Sokolich has speculated that it was done because he did not join other Garden State Democrats in endorsing the governor's re-election 2013 bid.
Following the release of the emails, Sokolich said it was clear he had "been punished not for something I've done, but for something I didn't do."
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/star-le...
"His attempts to laugh this off now appear to be dishonest, though we can't yet be sure that he personally knew about the correspondence of one of his top aides. Still, Christie bears responsibility either way. If it turns out he did know, he is obviously lying and unfit for office -- let alone a 2016 presidential run.
And even if he did not, his officials are liars. If Christie can't control them, how can we trust him as a potential future leader of our country?"

Interesting.

Why should Christie be held responsible? When will Obama be held responsible for the lies and actions of himself and the people under him?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1057522 Jan 8, 2014
we were told one thing...

"Seven years ago, the BBC reported that summer ice in the Arctic would completely disappear by 2013. Bold predictions like this are the norm in the climate change community and are widely reported on by the mainstream media."

http://www.inhofe.senate.gov/newsroom/article...

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1057523 Jan 8, 2014
"I think he [Joe Biden] has been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades.”- former Defense Secretary Robert Gates on the moron one heartbeat away from the presidency.
dem

United States

#1057524 Jan 8, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>He was funny. Lighten up.

Just admit it you Progressives think you are smarter than non-Progressives because....
well, that is what your Progressive friends tells you and you think they are smart for noticing.
I don't think I'm more intelligent.
I am more intelligent.
I don't have topix friends. Internet friends are for fkn shut in losers like you that are here 24/7/365
Other than a sparse few right wingers here, the bulk of them are drooling fkn retards. You are willfully ignorant which makes you worse. Not worse than puss boy ray though.

Orlando, FL

#1057525 Jan 8, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"Give until it hurts or I will hurt you"
--- The Magic Negro
That's so true, it almost makes me sad.

Not because that's exactly what Obama is doing but because far too many of my fellow countrymen think he's right.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1057526 Jan 8, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said that "Polar Vortex" is a newly coined word?
Please explain your confusion.
TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Do you know what the polar vortex is? Have you ever heard of it? Well, they just created it for this week....Now, in their attempt, the left, the media, everybody, to come up with a way to make this sound like it's something new and completely unprecedented, they've come up with this phrase called the "polar vortex."

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/01/06/...
dem

United States

#1057527 Jan 8, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>He was funny. Lighten up.

Just admit it you Progressives think you are smarter than non-Progressives because....
well, that is what your Progressive friends tells you and you think they are smart for noticing.
Sorry for two responses but in looking at your post I see you mentioned gunner being funny. That nitwit drop out is not funny. He is pathetically retarded. As in regressive.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1057528 Jan 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i didn't deny anything. i have no qualms with dem as he can actually defend himself intellectually. you cannot.
you cannot eve back up your own words..
run from your words, coward...run!!!
smack smack smackity smack!
And bingo here is woodtick supporting dem.

Now we wait, will dem say aw shucks he didn't mean it......

Enough with this soap opera. You two figure out what you two really think.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1057529 Jan 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
what does any of this have to do with the IRS???...
Have you already forgotten what you requested? You told me to prove the Catholic Church had "profits" and I gave you proof. Ducking and dodging from your post won't change facts.
dem

United States

#1057530 Jan 8, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>You just don't like me holding up a mirror in front of the liberal ideology you strongly support.

Which party has governed the poorest cities in this country the longest? Take a guess.

Which senior advisor to the president has a reputation in Chicago as one of the worst slumlords in the city? Her name starts with a "V".

Which party refuses to even entertain the idea of vouchers so poverty-stricken children can at least have a remote chance at a better future?

And which party refuses to even entertain the idea of reforms - across the board - to eliminate all the waste and fraud and improve government programs to actually work better for the poor and to make taxes more fair for everyone?

Okay, I put down the mirror. Go back into your denial mode.
How many red states are welfare states.
Come on dumb carol take a stab.

Orlando, FL

#1057531 Jan 8, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the psychotic observations.
Now go play.
Funny. That's what I used to tell my fifth graders when they wanted to hang around with the teachers at recess when we were talking. "Now go play..."

Brought back some memories.
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1057532 Jan 8, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think he's practicing on Lily? Sure hope not.
=(
lily plays the knockout game with herself & her vodka.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1057533 Jan 8, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
"I think he [Joe Biden] has been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades.”- former Defense Secretary Robert Gates on the moron one heartbeat away from the presidency.
While Jay Carney says it is true. Biden was involved as an attempt to defend him.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1057534 Jan 8, 2014
Hot New Wood Stoves: High-Tech & Eco-Friendly
By Marc Lallanilla, Assistant Editor | January 07, 2014 05:24pm ET
Ever since the first caveman threw a log on the first fire, burning wood for heating and cooking has helped to define human civilization. But wood as a fuel source has some inherent drawbacks, especially the gases, particulate matter and other pollutants produced by burning logs.
A new generation of high-efficiency wood stoves, however, has become available that are as low in emissions as they are high in energy efficiency. And as the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) introduces new regulations designed to make wood stoves even more efficient, people are rediscovering wood as a smart, renewable source of energy.
Last week, the EPA proposed tightening its emission standards for wood stoves: Currently, the EPA certifies wood stoves that produce 7.5 grams of fine particulate matter per hour, but new regulations would reduce that level to 4.5 grams per hour by next year, the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner reports, and lower it again to 1.3 grams per hour by 2019.[Top 10 Alternative Energy Bets]
The EPA's new restrictions, however, appear unlikely to diminish the popularity of wood stoves as a heating source: The use of wood as a primary residential heat source in the United States has grown by 39 percent since 2004, according to the Department of Energy, and about 8 percent of homes nationwide now use wood as a secondary source of heat.
And in certain cold, forested regions, wood is even more popular: Almost 50 percent of homes in rural New England, for example, use wood (either cord wood or wood pellets) for space heating, water heating or cooking. As the cost of heating oil rises, more homeowners can be expected to add wood stoves to their residences, either as primary or supplemental heat sources.
Out with the old, in with the new
But not all wood stoves are built alike, and there's virtually no comparison between the wood stoves made after 1988 — when the EPA first issued performance standards — and the smoky wood stoves of earlier years.
Older wood stoves burn wood inefficiently and must be fed fresh logs on a regular basis to keep a room warm. Additionally, older stoves generate much more air pollution — as much as 70 percent more — and are notorious for smoking- up the inside of homes almost as much as the outside.
The superiority of next-generation wood stoves was on full display last November in Washington, D.C., where the contestants in the 2013 Wood Stove Decathlon gathered to show off their technological superiority. The competition was sponsored by the departments of Energy and Agriculture, Popular Mechanics magazine, the Alliance for Green Heat and other groups.
Some models on display used computer technology, gas-flow analyses or catalytic converters to reduce emissions and increase efficiency. An entry from the University of Maryland used a thermoelectric generator (TEG)— which derives energy from the heat of the stove — to power a fan that pulled warm exhaust air back into the stove, improving efficiency while also conserving heat.
A new Woodstock generation
Competition winner Woodstock Soapstone of Vermont, however, improved on existing technologies to create a stove that achieved an impressive 82 percent wood-burning efficiency, while generating only 0.54 grams of particulate emissions per hour, according to Popular Mechanics.
"It's a complicated stove that we needed to simplify down to its main components," Woodstock Soapstone president Tom Morrissey told Popular Mechanics. "We asked ourselves: Are we trying to wow the judges, or are we making something that's really simple? We went with simple, and it worked very well."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chicago Reacts to Orlando Shooting 10 min Fa-Foxy 31
the larry meber political forum (Jun '11) 20 min A Noted Observer 49
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 30 min CrunchyBacon 102,457
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 38 min Dr Guru 216,653
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 40 min SweLL GirL 8,860
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Found 70,718
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Fit2Serve 60,042
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages