Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1521952 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Obamanation

Seattle, WA

#1057850 Jan 8, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Waiting, waiting you are going to screw up and we are going to get your IP
Yes we will. You know what I wanna do when we catch him. Let's hold him down and blo him.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1057851 Jan 8, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you already forgotten what you requested? You told me to prove the Catholic Church had "profits" and I gave you proof. Ducking and dodging from your post won't change facts.
US profits???...

most churches that Galt is familiar with lack sufficient annual income to pay operating expenses...and survive only by using endowment money....
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1057852 Jan 8, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Teabaggers squabbling with each other!!
Not really, frauds always reveal themselves.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1057853 Jan 8, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, you like things "more fairer" for your side. The fact that Obama acts like the NAZI machine in suppressing freedom and changing the rules midstream unilaterally is just hunky dory with an azzwhole like you.
What isn't fair is to believe that an organization set up as a 501 (c) 3 like the Catholic Church should be permitted to follow rules set up for those who qualify as a 501 (c) 5.

IMO, someone who is too stupid to comprehend the differences between those two really isn't intellectually capable of rational discourse. Why don't you come back when you educate yourself.

No one forced the Catholic church to file for 501 (c) 3 status but they did. Now, if they want to "carry on propaganda, or otherwise attempt, to influence legislation" they can either have to abide by its terms or start paying taxes. That IS fair.

Internal Revenue Code (IRC)§501(c)(3) states as follows:

"Corporations, and any community chest, fund, or foundation, organized and operated exclusively for religious, charitable, scientific, testing for public safety, literary, or educational purposes,.......no substantial part of the activities of which is carrying on propaganda, or otherwise attempting, to influence legislation and which does not participate in, or intervene in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for public office."
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1057855 Jan 8, 2014
Sunny wrote:
<quoted text>Oh believe me I would know the difference dickwood...
I was just having a little fun with you an that's the way the ball spins and you have a good night.....
WoodDick Loon-A-Tick has no sense of humor, or common sense. The OWS Tic is just a frustrated liberal. She claims she is a "conservative". Nuff said.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1057856 Jan 8, 2014
Sunny wrote:
<quoted text>Oh believe me I would know the difference dickwood...
I was just having a little fun with you an that's the way the ball spins and you have a good night.....
LOL, shame on you.
Gunner

Melbourne, Australia

#1057857 Jan 8, 2014
Touch me, Obamanation
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1057858 Jan 8, 2014
Correction: I chime in on some of your Sox, Bo ....

And will continue to "chime in" on any posts I choose.

Why you pounding this drum? Can't drown out the truth of WHO you really ARE.

The drumming just proves and identifies who you really are. Shall I tell it?

Seems you're the one who is disturbed by my posts. Perhaps you are the one who should, NEEDS to leave. And take your Sox with you. I'll stay and unravel your SOX for awhile.
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Ghost, Waxman posts as Waxman, you oddball weirdo. I see you chime in on other people conversations, but you being a liberal moron object to exactly what you do when someone else does it.
You communist losers are sick. If you don't like it, leave.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1057860 Jan 8, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>So why did Glenda leave his high paying gig at FOX???
Tell me a story__make it a good one eh?
to make more money elsewhere....
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1057861 Jan 8, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Teabaggers squabbling with each other!!
Liak Teabaggers man, liak whoa man!

They must be "cons" like whoa man!

Mwe err smert libewal liak yu two!

Dwar Teabaggers! They not be hip liak us OWS dooods, eh braindead airhead?
Gunner

Melbourne, Australia

#1057862 Jan 8, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You came in her lying and now you are mad because people don't like you for doing it?
Good thing he left I was just gonna take him down.. Looks like you and I both look a little silly for waiting till he left. Drats. Kinda like we are cowards.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1057863 Jan 8, 2014
Gunner wrote:
Touch me, Obamanation
OK - I'll shove you back into the jail cell where you belong. Happy now?

Am I Gunner, libtard?
Dems Da Fool

Lindenhurst, NY

#1057864 Jan 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
Globull warming haha
Right. It is so cold in New York this week, that liberals have been spotted with their hands in their own pockets.

Who would have ever thought it possible?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1057865 Jan 8, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Christie’s Bridge Problem
Chris Christie has a problem:
A series of newly obtained emails and text messages shows that Gov. Chris Christie’s office was closely involved with lane closings on the New Jersey side of the George Washington Bridge in September, and that officials closed the lanes as retribution against the Democratic mayor whose town was gridlocked as a result.
It doesn’t really come as a surprise that Christie and his aides and appointees would do something like this, but the sheer pettiness of the act is still quite remarkable. Christie gained nothing from this except to indulge in spiting a supporter of his rival, and he did so at the expense of many other people who were simply trying to go about their own business. It reflects very poorly on Christie. It tells us a fair amount about the kind of people he surrounds himself with and the sort of conduct he expects from them, and none of it is good.
The pathetic thing about all this is that it will probably have little or no effect on Christie’s presidential ambitions. Many people are already declaring that this marks the demise of a future Christie campaign, but I have a feeling that the story will be received very differently inside the GOP than it is by everyone else. It will probably be treated as a political “hit” by hostile media, and partisans will begin dutifully repeating claims that the story isn’t that important, or that it’s old news, or that it is irrelevant to the state/country’s real problems. That seems likely because that is what partisans usually do when one of their party’s stars is accused of some wrongdoing.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
nobody cares about Christie...except for the leftwing media....
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1057866 Jan 8, 2014
More BIG government

Chapter 6 of the San Francisco Housing Code,“Private and public storage garages in apartment houses and hotels shall be used only for storage of automobiles.” Failing to comply with the law can lead to fines of up to $500.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1057867 Jan 8, 2014
new yawk wrote:
Correction: I chime in on some of your Sox, Bo ....
And will continue to "chime in" on any posts I choose.
Why you pounding this drum? Can't drown out the truth of WHO you really ARE.
The drumming just proves and identifies who you really are. Shall I tell it?
Seems you're the one who is disturbed by my posts. Perhaps you are the one who should, NEEDS to leave. And take your Sox with you. I'll stay and unravel your SOX for awhile.
<quoted text>
The only "correction" you know about is a "correction facility".
John Galt

Los Angeles, CA

#1057868 Jan 8, 2014
Sometimes I'll drive up to LA and kidnap a a Latino hooker.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1057869 Jan 8, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
"Most institutions demand unqualified faith;
but the institution of science makes skepticism a virtue."
Merton, 1962
constant questioning of unproven theories is essential to science....
Patriot

Loveland, CO

#1057870 Jan 8, 2014
Global Warming Alarmism Melting As Record Cold Sweeps Nation

http://shiftfrequency.com/alex-newman-global-...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1057871 Jan 8, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Poll: Americans see impact of global warming
American attitudes toward global warming
Most Americans say they see evidence of global warming and believe the Earth's temperature will continue to rise if nothing is done.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...
you'd be all about measuring the message if everyone bought into the right wing bs.
opinions and attitudes are not scientific proof....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Buster Steinbeizer 240,350
Michael Hahn, Kim Goldman Hahn, The OJ Simpson ... (Apr '06) 3 hr guest 397
Obumbler Back To Community Organizing 3 hr CIA and FBI 6
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr Rose of Tralee 105,130
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 11 hr Moon Rhythm 10,577
Newbie HELP needed!!! 11 hr AmandaPTownGirl 3
women 12 hr John 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages