Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1618123 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Dems Da Fool

Lindenhurst, NY

#1057881 Jan 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
You are my kinda young boy.
Kind of figured your mother was keeping you all to herself, if you know what I mean. Is that why you like Obama so much? His resemblence to Urkel the man-child with a touch of Alf Alfa? And a smigeon of Alfred E. Neuman?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1057882 Jan 8, 2014
Sunny wrote:
<quoted text>that"s to bad he or she don't have any humor or common sense because the tick does have some smarts but he has that liberal chit going.
maybe he or she well get it someday and wouldn't act like a know it all....
The person spent most of day posting
-because I say so
Frank

Veradale, WA

#1057883 Jan 8, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really, frauds always reveal themselves.
Tea Party Patriots are all of us. Tea Party rallies include people of all ages,races,religions,ethnic backgrounds,and consist of people from many political ideologies, Democrats,Republicans,Libertar ians,Conservatives,Constitutio nalists, and many others, basically working people that don't think that the current administration is spending their tax dollars wisely. There is no reason for Lillie to use derogatory language to describe this large segment of the population.
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1057884 Jan 8, 2014
I've never been in one. And your correction was dismissal, so I have been told.

You still schlepping fake band equipment ...
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
The only "correction" you know about is a "correction facility".
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1057885 Jan 8, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
The liberal/communist has no sense of honesty or integrity. Look at the Liar of the Year Obama who they worship.
We see it here over and over again with Dumb Dave, Ghost the sock and especially this new freak wood-dick. They are all the same. Zombies.
The new morality-the end justifies the means.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1057886 Jan 8, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Wanna try again?
Mississippi:$2.02
Alaska:$1.84
Louisiana:$1.78
West Virginia:$1.76
North Dakota:$1.68
Alabama:$1.66
South Dakota:$1.53
Kentucky:$1.51
Virginia:$1.51
Montana:$1.47
Arkansas:$1.41
Oklahoma:$1.36
States that are paid more than they pay on taxes.
"Blue states" tend to be higher income areas. These taxpayers live in wealthy, urban, politically "blue" areas like New York, California, and Massachusetts.

Even if federal spending were equal in all states, wealthy states would still send more federal tax dollars to Washington than they received in spending simply because they earn a majority of the nation's income.

The progressive rate structure of the federal income tax taxes higher income states more heavily than low-income states regardless of the level of spending received.

http://taxfoundation.org/blog/why-do-some-sta...

Also, a significant amount of money coming from the federal government in red states supports agriculture and the military. Which benefits those wealthy elitists in the blue states.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1057887 Jan 8, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
What isn't fair is to believe that an organization set up as a 501 (c) 3 like the Catholic Church should be permitted to follow rules set up for those who qualify as a 501 (c) 5.
IMO, someone who is too stupid to comprehend the differences between those two really isn't intellectually capable of rational discourse. Why don't you come back when you educate yourself.
No one forced the Catholic church to file for 501 (c) 3 status but they did. Now, if they want to "carry on propaganda, or otherwise attempt, to influence legislation" they can either have to abide by its terms or start paying taxes. That IS fair.
Internal Revenue Code (IRC)§501(c)(3) states as follows:
"Corporations, and any community chest, fund, or foundation, organized and operated exclusively for religious, charitable, scientific, testing for public safety, literary, or educational purposes,.......no substantial part of the activities of which is carrying on propaganda, or otherwise attempting, to influence legislation and which does not participate in, or intervene in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for public office."
I never said anything about religion, you idiot. If you have a problem with that, it just shows you have multiple problems. Waxman prefers religious people compared to you, though.

You are bad for our kids.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1057888 Jan 8, 2014
Meanwhile, LA's woes continues

"The Los Angeles 2020 Commission, convened by City Council President Herb Wesson to examine the city’s economic woes, offered a harsh assessment of civic decision-making, warning that Los Angeles is heading to a future where local government can no longer afford to provide public services.

The panel, chaired by former U.S. Commerce Secretary Mickey Kantor, said Los Angeles lacks a coherent approach to economic development and trails other major cities in job growth. City government spending is growing faster than revenue and the pension benefits of city employees are at risk, said the report, titled “A Time For Truth.”
http://www.latimes.com/topic/politics/governm...
Sunny

Longview, WA

#1057889 Jan 8, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, shame on you.
I guess he don't like to have a little fun.hehehe
making Taco's,so got to go but I think I well come back later an have some more fun...
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1057890 Jan 8, 2014
Sunny wrote:
<quoted text>that"s to bad he or she don't have any humor or common sense because the tick does have some smarts but he has that liberal chit going.
maybe he or she well get it someday and wouldn't act like a know it all....
I don't know a single liberal that has any common sense. It's sad, but they are 100% people that failed in their own expectations and blame others.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1057891 Jan 8, 2014
Jeebuss wrote:
Yep.
People don't care. They just wanted a black president. Period.
You're right, they have no one to blame but themselves when taxes skyrocket and the military becomes downsized, leaving us vulnerable to attacks.
They are actually happy that they have put this country in danger.
Defense Secretary Gates just exposed Obama for what he is. You were right.

Orlando, FL

#1057892 Jan 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a poster on the other night that insinuated you had sex with your students.
Hi dem...posting as John Galt again, I see?

Stop it.

Orlando, FL

#1057893 Jan 8, 2014
Be back later.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1057894 Jan 8, 2014
Jessie Jackson Tweets Support for Rodman's N Korea "Diplomacy"
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1057895 Jan 8, 2014
woodtick's information on how The Cosmos works was accurate.

shining and sonny's were incorrect.

Ever think she left because of their contined foil by asking stupid questions repeatedly.

And this poster you are referring to is not Yeah - Totally different style of posting, word choice/usage.

And you told me to "be self aware" ? I'll comment on that subject ... when the time is right.
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Tickwood's ego wouldn't allow her to walk away. She waited to see if anyone would mention her. Attention seekers like you always do things like that.
Dems Da Fool

Lindenhurst, NY

#1057896 Jan 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I'll answer. You're a topix biatch.
Here is a real biatch.

1984 to 2014 - Dem's New Speak

With a record number of entitlement recipients depending on a shrinking supply of taxpayers, it is no surprise the welfare system is increasingly unpopular among hardworking Americans responsible for funding it. As a result, leftist supporters of government handouts are beginning to advocate renaming, not reforming, the cumbersome system.

Much as with the Obama administration’s objection to the term ‘ObamaCare’ after the laws botched implementation, Texas Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee proposed dropping the word ‘welfare’ from the government’s vocabulary.

“Maybe the word welfare should be changed to something of ‘a transitional living fund,’” the outspoken Democrat said Wednesday.“For that is what it is – for people to be able to live.”

She declared that the federal “safety net has to be something for all of us,” disregarding the fact that a growing percentage of individuals are completely reliant on this “safety net” for their very survival. In turn, these people find themselves trapped in a cycle of poverty that often lasts generations.

Furthermore, those who choose not to partake in the entitlement culture find it harder to succeed as more of their earnings are confiscated to pay for welfare expenditures or, as Lee might prefer, investments in the transitional living fund.

Of course, the word ‘transitional’ is somewhat misleading, considering the fact that leftist proponents of the welfare state actively encourage people to sign up for these so-called benefits.

Lee heralded “huge safety nets” such as tax credits and food stamps before pivoting to a call for increased unemployment insurance. Instead of supporting policies that would increase job opportunities, it is much easier for such ideologues to advocate throwing more tax money at the problem.

“Quite frankly,” she alleged,“of all the wealthy nations, we have the lowest safety net and the highest poverty, because we’re not willing to accept the fact that sometimes an American needs help.”

With reports showing that more Americans are on welfare than are working full-time jobs, Lee’s argument falls flat. Her comments likely resonated, though, among the leftist faithful who see America as intrinsically uncaring despite all evidence to the contrary.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1057897 Jan 8, 2014
Sunny wrote:
<quoted text>I guess he don't like to have a little fun.hehehe
making Taco's,so got to go but I think I well come back later an have some more fun...
Have a good night.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1057898 Jan 8, 2014
Where's our Charles Martel?
Frank

Los Angeles, CA

#1057899 Jan 8, 2014
My daughter is a jungle kkkhunt.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1057900 Jan 8, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
Where's our Charles Martel?
Who?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jon Trott of JPUSA protects child molestors 1 hr John Trott 9
Film on Sex Crimes at Jesus People USA 1 hr John Trott 11
Child Molestation at Chicago Cult 1 hr John Trott 44
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr RACE 11,424
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr RACE 105,302
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr WelbyMD 242,767
News Jeff Sessions claims sanctuary city policies 'e... 4 hr Godvox 31

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages