Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1643519 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1057867 Jan 8, 2014
new yawk wrote:
Correction: I chime in on some of your Sox, Bo ....
And will continue to "chime in" on any posts I choose.
Why you pounding this drum? Can't drown out the truth of WHO you really ARE.
The drumming just proves and identifies who you really are. Shall I tell it?
Seems you're the one who is disturbed by my posts. Perhaps you are the one who should, NEEDS to leave. And take your Sox with you. I'll stay and unravel your SOX for awhile.
<quoted text>
The only "correction" you know about is a "correction facility".
John Galt

Los Angeles, CA

#1057868 Jan 8, 2014
Sometimes I'll drive up to LA and kidnap a a Latino hooker.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1057869 Jan 8, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
"Most institutions demand unqualified faith;
but the institution of science makes skepticism a virtue."
Merton, 1962
constant questioning of unproven theories is essential to science....
Patriot

Loveland, CO

#1057870 Jan 8, 2014
Global Warming Alarmism Melting As Record Cold Sweeps Nation

http://shiftfrequency.com/alex-newman-global-...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1057871 Jan 8, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Poll: Americans see impact of global warming
American attitudes toward global warming
Most Americans say they see evidence of global warming and believe the Earth's temperature will continue to rise if nothing is done.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...
you'd be all about measuring the message if everyone bought into the right wing bs.
opinions and attitudes are not scientific proof....
John Galt

Los Angeles, CA

#1057872 Jan 8, 2014
Dems Da Fool wrote:
<quoted text>Right. It is so cold in New York this week, that liberals have been spotted with their hands in their own pockets.
Who would have ever thought it possible?
You are my kinda young boy.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1057873 Jan 8, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Got that right as well as the other one here who claimed to change her spots and made it obvious hasn't.
The liberal/communist has no sense of honesty or integrity. Look at the Liar of the Year Obama who they worship.

We see it here over and over again with Dumb Dave, Ghost the sock and especially this new freak wood-dick. They are all the same. Zombies.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1057875 Jan 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
US profits???...
most churches that Galt is familiar with lack sufficient annual income to pay operating expenses...and survive only by using endowment money....
By "most churches" are you referring to Catholic churches? Catholic churches are owned and operated by the Vatican and the Vatican has unimaginable wealth. If they want to have a say in our government, they can pay taxes.
Sunny

Longview, WA

#1057876 Jan 8, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
WoodDick Loon-A-Tick has no sense of humor, or common sense. The OWS Tic is just a frustrated liberal. She claims she is a "conservative". Nuff said.
that"s to bad he or she don't have any humor or common sense because the tick does have some smarts but he has that liberal chit going.
maybe he or she well get it someday and wouldn't act like a know it all....
Dems Da Fool

Lindenhurst, NY

#1057877 Jan 8, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really, frauds always reveal themselves.
And right now being a fraud will qualify you as an ObamaCare Navigator.

In a weird confluence of the nation's two most pressing issues -- Obamacare and our insane immigration laws -- this week we found out that the tens of thousands of "navigators" hired by the government to enroll people in Obamacare will include convicted felons.

Despite some "navigators" having already been exposed as having arrest warrants against them, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has no plans to screen out the criminals.(But rest assured: If your identity is stolen as a result of trying to sign up for Obamacare, no one will be more upset about it than President Obama.)

Maybe it's a blessing that the Obamacare website has crashed more often than the Soviet Union's commercial air fleet did.

In addition to convicted felons, navigators are drawn from labor unions, community organizers, former ACORN staffers and front-groups for the Democratic National Committee.

Call right up and give all your private financial and medical information to those guys! What could go wrong?(Before Obamacare was even online, Minnesota's health exchange emailed the Social Security numbers and other identifying information for about 2,400 Americans to a man applying to be a "navigator.")

If you call today, you can sign up for Obamacare plus learn about a Nigerian prince in exile who's willing to share his vast inheritance with you in exchange for your bank account numbers.

Which reminds me, federal health insurance programs have long been a prime target for scammers and con artists.

To much fanfare, in 2006 Medicare announced that only 7 percent of its payments were a result of fraud. Two years later, The New York Times reported that it was actually 31.5 percent -- and that Medicare had aggressively hidden the fraud from outside auditors.

Do you think a privately run insurance company would take three years to notice that one-third of its payouts had been obtained by fraud? But with federal programs, there's a powerful incentive not to look for fraud. That would merely vindicate critics of big government!

In 2012, Medicare's crack investigators noticed that more than a billion dollars in home health care payments for 2008 had gone to one single county in Florida -- more than all such payments made to the rest of the entire country.

Do you think it would take five years for a private insurer to figure out it had been scammed out of $1 billion by a few health care professionals in one county? Anyone else would notice being stolen from, but not the government. It's not their money.

Wherever there's a government program, there's a gigantic opportunity for criminals. A staggering percentage of the health care workers scamming Medicare and Medicaid are foreign-born -- much higher than their numbers in the medical profession generally.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1057878 Jan 8, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Good thing he left I was just gonna take him down.. Looks like you and I both look a little silly for waiting till he left. Drats. Kinda like we are cowards.
Tickwood's ego wouldn't allow her to walk away. She waited to see if anyone would mention her. Attention seekers like you always do things like that.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1057879 Jan 8, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
What isn't fair is to believe that an organization set up as a 501 (c) 3 like the Catholic Church should be permitted to follow rules set up for those who qualify as a 501 (c) 5.
IMO, someone who is too stupid to comprehend the differences between those two really isn't intellectually capable of rational discourse. Why don't you come back when you educate yourself.
No one forced the Catholic church to file for 501 (c) 3 status but they did. Now, if they want to "carry on propaganda, or otherwise attempt, to influence legislation" they can either have to abide by its terms or start paying taxes. That IS fair.
Internal Revenue Code (IRC)501(c)(3) states as follows:
"Corporations, and any community chest, fund, or foundation, organized and operated exclusively for religious, charitable, scientific, testing for public safety, literary, or educational purposes,.......no substantial part of the activities of which is carrying on propaganda, or otherwise attempting, to influence legislation and which does not participate in, or intervene in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for public office."
Gee, beats me. According to your "rationalization", all of the apologies from the IRS were unwarranted.

"I.R.S. Apologizes to Tea Party Groups Over Audits of Applications ..."

Published: May 10, 2013

WASHINGTON The Internal Revenue Service apologized to Tea Party groups and other conservative organizations on Friday for what it now says were overzealous audits of their applications for tax-exempt status.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/11/us/politics...

Mental case...
John Galt

Los Angeles, CA

#1057880 Jan 8, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
OK - I'll shove you back into the jail cell where you belong. Happy now?
Am I Gunner, libtard?
Oh I'll answer. You're a topix biatch.
Dems Da Fool

Lindenhurst, NY

#1057881 Jan 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
You are my kinda young boy.
Kind of figured your mother was keeping you all to herself, if you know what I mean. Is that why you like Obama so much? His resemblence to Urkel the man-child with a touch of Alf Alfa? And a smigeon of Alfred E. Neuman?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1057882 Jan 8, 2014
Sunny wrote:
<quoted text>that"s to bad he or she don't have any humor or common sense because the tick does have some smarts but he has that liberal chit going.
maybe he or she well get it someday and wouldn't act like a know it all....
The person spent most of day posting
-because I say so
Frank

Veradale, WA

#1057883 Jan 8, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really, frauds always reveal themselves.
Tea Party Patriots are all of us. Tea Party rallies include people of all ages,races,religions,ethnic backgrounds,and consist of people from many political ideologies, Democrats,Republicans,Libertar ians,Conservatives,Constitutio nalists, and many others, basically working people that don't think that the current administration is spending their tax dollars wisely. There is no reason for Lillie to use derogatory language to describe this large segment of the population.
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1057884 Jan 8, 2014
I've never been in one. And your correction was dismissal, so I have been told.

You still schlepping fake band equipment ...
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
The only "correction" you know about is a "correction facility".
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1057885 Jan 8, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
The liberal/communist has no sense of honesty or integrity. Look at the Liar of the Year Obama who they worship.
We see it here over and over again with Dumb Dave, Ghost the sock and especially this new freak wood-dick. They are all the same. Zombies.
The new morality-the end justifies the means.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1057886 Jan 8, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Wanna try again?
Mississippi:$2.02
Alaska:$1.84
Louisiana:$1.78
West Virginia:$1.76
North Dakota:$1.68
Alabama:$1.66
South Dakota:$1.53
Kentucky:$1.51
Virginia:$1.51
Montana:$1.47
Arkansas:$1.41
Oklahoma:$1.36
States that are paid more than they pay on taxes.
"Blue states" tend to be higher income areas. These taxpayers live in wealthy, urban, politically "blue" areas like New York, California, and Massachusetts.

Even if federal spending were equal in all states, wealthy states would still send more federal tax dollars to Washington than they received in spending simply because they earn a majority of the nation's income.

The progressive rate structure of the federal income tax taxes higher income states more heavily than low-income states regardless of the level of spending received.

http://taxfoundation.org/blog/why-do-some-sta...

Also, a significant amount of money coming from the federal government in red states supports agriculture and the military. Which benefits those wealthy elitists in the blue states.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1057887 Jan 8, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
What isn't fair is to believe that an organization set up as a 501 (c) 3 like the Catholic Church should be permitted to follow rules set up for those who qualify as a 501 (c) 5.
IMO, someone who is too stupid to comprehend the differences between those two really isn't intellectually capable of rational discourse. Why don't you come back when you educate yourself.
No one forced the Catholic church to file for 501 (c) 3 status but they did. Now, if they want to "carry on propaganda, or otherwise attempt, to influence legislation" they can either have to abide by its terms or start paying taxes. That IS fair.
Internal Revenue Code (IRC)501(c)(3) states as follows:
"Corporations, and any community chest, fund, or foundation, organized and operated exclusively for religious, charitable, scientific, testing for public safety, literary, or educational purposes,.......no substantial part of the activities of which is carrying on propaganda, or otherwise attempting, to influence legislation and which does not participate in, or intervene in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for public office."
I never said anything about religion, you idiot. If you have a problem with that, it just shows you have multiple problems. Waxman prefers religious people compared to you, though.

You are bad for our kids.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Maverick 808 105,332
Joe Biden and PLAGIARISM. 1 hr Plagiarizing Joe ... 7
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Agents of Corruption 64,147
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr loose cannon 243,008
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr _Zoey_ 11,540
Oregon the "33rd" state founded by Freemasons.. 9 hr Jesse Rishel 2
Cat's out of the bag. 10 hr Hmmmmmmmmmmm 4

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages