Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395959 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1057374 Jan 8, 2014
Double Chin Barbie wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw Buffalo NY on the news today. You guys are having a blizzard. Is it still snowing there?
"Double Chin Barbie"
Careful, you are going to irritate "hoe" again, you are asking questions. "hoe" dislikes people who ask questions.
Peace
Happy New Year

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1057375 Jan 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
game on, if you can show where they make a taxable profit...
but include labor unions, foundations, etc.....
Here you go:

https://www.cai.org/bible-studies/vatican-bil...

"Vatican financial operations can trespass into semi-illegality at times because of their diversity and secrecy. Scandal erupted in the eighties to the astonishment of millions of Catholics and the chagrin of many who genuinely thought the Vatican was engaged only in charitable operations.

By and large, however, its investments are well looked after by those financial experts whose experience is second to none! The Vatican's traditional financial dealers are a mostly non-Catholic fraternity of Protestants, agnostics, non-Christians, Jews and even atheists.

Its traditional financial transactions have been handled for years by the great banking concerns of J. P. Morgan in New York (mostly for American investments), Hambros of London for British investments, and the Swiss Credit Bank of Zurich for European investments - without mentioning the Vatican's own concerns such as Banco di Roma, Banco Commerciale, Banco Santo Spirito.

Now, it must never be forgotten that all the above form only the "liquid" financial assets of the Holy See......

"The claim that such property is not owned by the Catholic Church is like saying that a Communist dictatorship does not own anything because all the property is owned by the people.

When the Catholic Church sells a piece of land or buys one, the bishop as a rule signs the deed, which means his See becomes the owner or receives the money. Whether the transaction is localised to the diocese, or deputised from the national hierarchy or from the Vatican, is basically irrelevant since ultimately it concerns the property of the Catholic Church."
dem

United States

#1057376 Jan 8, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>Despite quote after quote stating that the general viewpoint of the 70s was an impending Ice Age you claim to disapprove it through your powerful opinion that it wasn't so.

A working brain would produce something more than an opinion and not lamely insult others who are using quotes.
Fk you and your quotes from other imbeciles.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1057377 Jan 8, 2014
Hey folks! If you haven't noticed, this new Loon-A-Tick 57 freak is a serial liar. The libtard has already been caught lying by several people on both sides of the fence so it's unanimous pretty much.

The weasel is a time waster.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1057378 Jan 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>another meaningless post from you.
do you ever have anything of substance to add? anything you can back up with facts or reason?
it would seem not from the crap you spew. hard to tell which orifice the hot air is coming from
Why do you mock yourself like this?

Self-deprecating humor is OK, I guess, but aren't you getting carried away here?

I mean, no one is laughing. Maybe they think you are seriously stupid?

Whaddya think, huh?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1057379 Jan 8, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
<chicken little on steroids>
For sure! LOL!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1057380 Jan 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet you're missing the point...
as already proven to you, the vast majority of scientist at the time were already studying warming, not cooling...
the few you quote don't change that fact.
too bad you don't have access to a working brain....you only seem to be able to parrot and cut and paste...
keep making an ass out of yourself, if you wish.
What was proven to me? Where does it say that scientists were ONLY studying warming?

Look Holmes,

You are putting your eggs into a basket that has a giant hole in it...and

you are confusing belief and trust...you trust Al Gore-I DON"T.
You believe Al Gore-I DON"T.

When you can hang credentials on the wall and then you can lecture...

HINT: I have a '''''credential'''''''and it hangs on the wall in a fancy picture frame...
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1057381 Jan 8, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
Poor Jane aka Stein: can't get out to follow the homeless today due to inclement weather; resorts to copy and paste the allotted 400 words from the New York Post all day that no one will read!
What's next? The President's mother isn't really dead but is an Elvis impersonator in Las Vegas?
C'mon lily, the resemblance is uncanny__the two had the same strong jaw and that droopy right eyelid is one in a million. Ann Dunham and Elvis were almost certainly brother and sister.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1057382 Jan 8, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is being forced to work for the nuns. But if someone chooses to be employed by them, they also choose to respect what they believe and abide by those beliefs.
Or find another employer - and insurance - elsewhere.
"Carol"
You offer the common sense solution. The one you are posting to will not buy it, but you are correct.
Peace
Happy New Year

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1057383 Jan 8, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Cult? The new thread liar talks about truth...
Just when you think you've seen it all!
yes, cult...

this level of discussion is so far beyond your capabilities, little boy...run along now...go play with yourself...

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1057384 Jan 8, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Your "proof" is believing the "science" of Algore.
If you want to transfer your money into the wallets of lying, thieving democrats who have convinced you that a guilt-tax is the only way to change the weather and climate, be my guest.
I'll pass.
Al Gore is no more a scientist than Rush Limbaugh. That is a classic straw man trick you right wingers like to play. I'm putting my confidence in 97% of the SCIENTIFIC community, not anecdotal evidence and rantings of talk radio hosts and the FOX propaganda machine.
dem

United States

#1057385 Jan 8, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>Imagine Detroit and the inner cities - what the entire country would like if left up to you liberals.

Try imagining THAT!

But you went and got me started. Anything else you want to imagine that doesn't exist?
Did the aliens teach you to smoke till you die?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1057386 Jan 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>pretty rational lyrics. especially since all the religious cults have been proven to be based on lies and myths...
sad to say that rational humans in this day and age actually still buy into that
crap...especially when we know it isn't true...
"proven"???

"we"???

Go fish, kid.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1057387 Jan 8, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
<chicken little on steroids>
still nothing from you...

why do you even post if you can't make a cogent point?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1057388 Jan 8, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those things are the obvious. It's the subtle and slow erosion of freedoms because of a gradual coma-like complacency on the part of the people allowing the power hungry elite few to bamboozle them until it's too late who are backed by a bully pulpit of cheerleaders from a radically liberal media. That's what I'm talking about. If the Bible is about anything, it's about freedom. And it comes in many forms.
Ironically, it's the secularist progressives who seem to have taken a sudden interest in the Bible - misrepresenting it like they do everything else - to make government our collective conscience. Give unto Obama what is Obama's and give unto the federal government what is the federal government's. Don't think that's what it says.
The pollution of the teachings of the Bible started over a decade ago. Pure Marxism. When you cannot abolish religion pretend to be a "friend" of it and re-educate on the "true" meaning of it.

Putin is even into the game and Hitler was a master.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1057389 Jan 8, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those things are the obvious. It's the subtle and slow erosion of freedoms because of a gradual coma-like complacency on the part of the people allowing the power hungry elite few to bamboozle them until it's too late who are backed by a bully pulpit of cheerleaders from a radically liberal media. That's what I'm talking about. If the Bible is about anything, it's about freedom. And it comes in many forms.
Ironically, it's the secularist progressives who seem to have taken a sudden interest in the Bible - misrepresenting it like they do everything else - to make government our collective conscience. Give unto Obama what is Obama's and give unto the federal government what is the federal government's. Don't think that's what it says.
Tell us what freedom you have lost.

There is no proof there is a heaven or hell, you just choose to believe it.

The Bible was written by men.

You hide behind Christianity, yet you are hateful towards your fellow man.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1057390 Jan 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what does that have to do with anything? all studies show that freethinkers are more generous and philanthropic than you religious cult freaks...
try to keep up with the real world, dear...
Google Democrats charity
Google Obama biden charity
Google red blue states charity

freethinkers? ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Try cheap, selfish b*stards!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1057391 Jan 8, 2014
M Stein wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you know, capitalism is S-C-A-R-Y. Obammy's not worried about Iran going nuclear, it is business people on Wall Street who give him nightmares (except when they are shelling out $35,000 per plate for one of his many campaign fundraisers).
Obama says income inequality is "dangerous ... the defining challenge of our time." The pope is upset that capitalism causes inequality. Progressives, facing the failures of Obamacare, are eager to change the subject to America's "wealth gap."
It's true that today, the richest 1 percent of Americans own a third of America's wealth. One percent owns 35 percent!
But I say, so what? Progressives in the media claim that the rich get richer at the expense of the poor.
But that's a lie.
Hollywood sells the greedy-evil-capitalists-cheat- the-poor message with movies like Martin Scorsese's new film, "The Wolf of Wall Street," which portrays stock sellers as sex-crazed criminals. Years before, Oliver Stone's "Wall Street" created a creepy financier, Gordon Gekko, played by Michael Douglas, who smugly gloated, "It's a zero-sum game. Somebody wins; somebody loses."
This is how the left sees the market: a zero-sum game. If someone makes money, he took it from everyone else. The more the rich have, the less others have. It's as if the economy is a pie that's already on the table, waiting to be carved. The bigger the piece the rich take, the less that's left for everyone else. The economy is just a fight over who gets how much.
But this is absurd. Bill Gates took a huge slice of pie, but he didn't take it from me. By starting Microsoft, he baked millions of new pies. He made the rest of the world richer, too.
Entrepreneurs create things.
Over the past few decades, the difference in wealth between the rich and poor has grown. This makes people uncomfortable. But why is it a problem if the poor didn't get poorer?
Progressives claim they did. Some cite government data that show middle class incomes remaining relatively stagnant. But this data is misleading, too. It leaves out all government handouts, like rent subsidies and food stamps. It leaves out benefits like company-funded health insurance and pensions, which make up increasing portions of people's pay.
And it leaves out the innovation that makes life better for both the rich and poor. Even poor people today have access to cars, food, health care, entertainment and technology that rich people lusted for a few decades ago. Ninety percent of Americans living "below the poverty line" have smart phones, cable TV and cars. Seventy percent own two cars.
But hold on, says the left. Even if the poor reap some benefits from capitalism, it's just not "fair" that rich people have so much more. I suppose this is true. But what exactly is "fair"?
Do you think to be fair be the Obammys would ever divide up one of their many luxury Va-Cays?
The only real greed nowadays stems from envy and wanting something somebody else has. Nevermind if you didn't earn it or don't want to aspire to have it by working for it yourself.

No one ever used to think like this before the progressive liberals got their big fat foot in the door and tainted American's spirit of ingenuity and self-reliance. Ever.

But we didn't have a closet Marxist in the White House or an elite inner circle of Marxists ever before either.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1057392 Jan 8, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine Detroit and the inner cities - what the entire country would like if left up to you liberals.
Try imagining THAT!
But you went and got me started. Anything else you want to imagine that doesn't exist?
Ooooh, Lois Lame puts her racist side on display.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1057393 Jan 8, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
The same sources claimed he was equally unhappy with Bush. The specific statement Gates made about considering resigning was directed towards his unhappiness with the disrespectful way Congress treated him at hearings.
FOX lied.
He must need the money; who will buy this book? It will give the teabaggers something to chew on for a few days. Why doesn't he just go away and retire with dignity?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
abby6-29-16 6 min Maverick 808 7
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 15 min Maverick 808 102,531
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 28 min Dr Guru 216,941
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 60,143
Mohammed a White Guy with Black Slaves 3 hr Hotel California 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr They cannot kill ... 8,910
Word (Dec '08) 5 hr They cannot kill ... 6,423

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages