Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1056516 Jan 7, 2014
Progressive economics...

Solar Panels

'Government logic: Spend $3.5 million to save $2 million over 25 years. Go figure.'

http://www.mygovcost.org/2014/01/06/bright-sh...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1056517 Jan 7, 2014
A photo of the Washington Post review of Gate's new book

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/420646...

What he is discussing is Obama and Hilary noting their opposition to the Iraq surge was just political -to his amazement-in front of him.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1056518 Jan 7, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that Yeah accidentally posted using the IL location was just an unfortunate coincidence?
You guys go around making all sort of claims of multiple Waxmans involving everyone who isn't you without any proof and yet we are to not notice your slip ups.
Yeah has posted from New Mexico and California also, now Chicago--but within minutes puts his ISP blocker on and returns to Hawai'i which he knows nothing about. ROTFLMAO.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1056519 Jan 7, 2014
Democrats and a new way of doing business and it only sucked when a Republican was President...

NDAA2014

'President Obama on Thursday signed into law the 2014 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), the annual federal law that provides the budget for the Department of Defense—and lately has delivered a whole lot of power to the Executive, to boot.

As reported previously, NDAA 2012 was dubbed the “Homeland Battlefield Bill,” because it defined the entire United States a “battleground” in the war on terror, and provided the president, for the first time, the power to capture and indefinitely detain any American citizen he deems a suspected “belligerent”—at his own discretion, with no evidence and no trial necessary.

Thus the end of habeas corpus."
dem

United States

#1056520 Jan 7, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Chrysler is no longer-they will be owned by Fiat as of today, the American taxpayer's financed their bail out and Italy Fiat bought them and we are helping out with the financing for them also.
Where do they find dumbfks like this.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1056521 Jan 7, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Now the dumb hillbilly is gonna say I am every poster with a Chicago ip.
Sounds logical.
Of the ten million people in and around Chicago I'm the only one posting on topix.
Good lesson for the poor kids you are dumbing down.
LOL, get it together.

Yeah posted from your hometown when he is allegedly from HI

That isn't just anybody posting.
dem

United States

#1056522 Jan 7, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>yes yes and yes. IT is not 'kinda' it is a fact what a failure O'bama and his liberal aka democrat aka progressives are. The only success O'bama can claim is being gun sales man of the year, for each year he has been in office.
Take your dumb friend with you when I throw you out this time. She's a bigger fkn retard than you
dem

United States

#1056523 Jan 7, 2014
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Almost as good as when ol'e ghostie boi posted as "Margaret".
Or when you dressed as a woman and let Galt fk you.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1056524 Jan 7, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that Yeah accidentally posted using the IL location was just an unfortunate coincidence?
You guys go around making all sort of claims of multiple Waxmans involving everyone who isn't you without any proof and yet we are to not notice your slip ups.
lol! You obviously weren't paying attention and simply jumped to conclusions.

Typical reich winger. sop...
dem

United States

#1056525 Jan 7, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah has posted from New Mexico and California also, now Chicago--but within minutes puts his ISP blocker on and returns to Hawai'i which he knows nothing about. ROTFLMAO.
I know about you ya filthy SSDI collecting Jew racist.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1056526 Jan 7, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>yes yes and yes. IT is not 'kinda' it is a fact what a failure O'bama and his liberal aka democrat aka progressives are. The only success O'bama can claim is being gun sales man of the year, for each year he has been in office.
lol! Another believer in the marxist system rises to the top!

I love this comedy channel!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1056527 Jan 7, 2014
It's funny that a column entitled "America Needs a King" would prove controversial

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/0...

Hmmm, I wonder who the author has in mind.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1056528 Jan 7, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
and 4,000 dead in Iraq based on faulty intelligence.
At least Bush does NOT support the tea party
How many people in the INTEL community did Pres Obama fire once he took office?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1056529 Jan 7, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides it drawing all your warm air right out the flue.
not if you have a proper set up...

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1056530 Jan 7, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama did not say extending the unemployment benefits alone would lead to a vibrant economy.
Those who receive these benefits would spend that money in the economy & it could help create jobs & help our economy overall.
Maybe you need to take some Econ course Mr Mighty Dumb Builder.
LMAO!! Your humor is refreshing.
Who can deny that as unemployment grows, our economy grows right along with it? Too bad so many people quit looking for work and that benefits have run out for others. If Obama sent checks to everyone, we'd be experiencing a recovery, the likes of which has never been seen. Right?

Say hi to Barry for me.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1056531 Jan 7, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Of course the state department people were debriefed__but there were only about 3 or 4 and two were injured one of them critically. There were two dozen at the nearby CIA compound__there is no way those guys are going to go public, A. it ruins their big $ gig, and B. some of those guys are not copacetic.
You're just like Carol__without a clue on the subject here you come, mouth first.
you just repeated what he said, then say he has no clue on the subject. Does that somehow make sense to you?
dem

United States

#1056532 Jan 7, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, get it together.

Yeah posted from your hometown when he is allegedly from HI

That isn't just anybody posting.
Pretend I'm whomever you like, hillbilly beitch. Won't change a thing or save you.

Since: Jan 14

Los Angeles, CA

#1056533 Jan 7, 2014
we don't want Obama again. it's enough, we are already fooled by him 2 time.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1056534 Jan 7, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
Seriously. Would somebody please watch this and tell me what you think?
http://msnvideo.msn.com/...
You can scroll up to the 1 minute mark without missing anything but you have to watch the rest of it - about a minute and a half - to the very end.
It's unreal if it's real and amazing special effects if it isn't.
interesting

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1056535 Jan 7, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that is what I am saying. First of all, when Obama said "If you like your health care plan, you can keep it", he was quoting from the law. He didn't make it up. It is right there...in the law written and passed by Congress...Sec. 1251. Preservation of right to maintain existing coverage.
Obama has not given anyone a "bye" and it is the constitution that has assigned him the responsibility for making sure the law is successful. If he finds it necessary to change dates in response to government conflicts, website malfunctions, and consumer complaints, he is doing his job.
"uselesssinceforever00 "
In a word you are admitting the law was flawed. In another word[s] many thousands have found out they can not keep their insurance. Period. The president lied. Again.
He has given bye's, he has given exceptions. In your world the congress is unnecessary, the boy president is the final authority.
Why is the boy president, nobama, unconcerned about enforcing border security? He sees the millions of illegals in this country as future democrat voters? Those laws aimed at protecting America are largely unenforced. You support that.
Why is the boy president,nobama, trying to force nuns to purchase health insurance that includes maternity care, child care and abortion/murder coverage? None of which they need or want?
Peace
KMA
Happy New year

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min FastandFurious 187,288
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr Wolverine33 5,201
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Wolverine33 5,900
Ask Amy 4-25-15 2 hr PEllen 1
Dear Abby 4-25-15 2 hr PEllen 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 69,677
Bill Clinton's Wife. 3 hr No GOP 4
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]