Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1536065 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1057398 Jan 8, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine. And, the IRS should strip the Catholic Church of their tax exempt status. If they want to play politics, let them pay the price.
"uselessinceforever00 "
On addition strip the unions of their tax exempt status, they play politics, let them pay the price.
Peace
KMA
Happy New Year

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1057399 Jan 8, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Unfortunately, many Christians often would rather not engage in disputes over the smaller picture to focus on the bigger one. And I have to remind myself the bigger picture is what really matters in the end especially having been so outspoken on this forum and criticized for it by non-Christians - even to the point of questioning my faith. But I have to believe fighting the good fight is an obligation if for no other reason than to prevent people from being harmed by an ideology that misleads them to have power and control over them and stifles their freedoms. It goes against everything most Christians stand for. It's an ideology that even threatens our freedoms to exercise our own faith.
In the past, government went about its own business and we went about ours. But that changed in 2008.
Even though I, too, know who is in control, it's also necessary to speak out in trying to right the wrongs here on earth. Jesus didn't mince words when calling those who misled his people and tried to control them "whitewashed hypocrites". I'm just following his example and believe fellow Christians should do the same.
If Christians stand idly by and allow bad things to happen, they aren't doing anyone any service. In fact, just the opposite.
(Sorry about the lengthy response. One of my many flaws - long-windedness.)
"Whatever you do for the least of your brethren, you do for me" encompasses quite a bit and is open to much interpretation, too.

Liberals assume that "...do for the least of your brethren..." simply means Welfare Cheese and free cellphones.

A Conservative Christian or even a Conservative Atheist, for that matter, could interpret "...do for the least of your brethren..." to mean we should teach them how to multiply their own fish and loaves. Teaching self-sufficiency is far more productive spiritually than simply buying votes with other people's money.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1057400 Jan 8, 2014
Give unto Obama what he is forcing you to give so you won't have anything left to give to God.

That's really how secularist liberals interpret their version of the Bible.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1057401 Jan 8, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Carol"
You offer the common sense solution. The one you are posting to will not buy it, but you are correct.
Peace
Happy New Year
Still sipping on your colostomy bag eh?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1057402 Jan 8, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Another early start, drop out cop?
Yesterday this person was raging against woodtick's duplicity; today the person is all for it.

Situational ethics always leaves you looking foolish.
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1057403 Jan 8, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us what freedom you have lost.
There is no proof there is a heaven or hell, you just choose to believe it.
The Bible was written by men.
You hide behind Christianity, yet you are hateful towards your fellow man.
It's your vodka.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1057404 Jan 8, 2014
Scientists and 1975

More snow, less sunshine does not mean Warming....

This is from Newsweek
"A survey completed last year by Dr. Murray Mitchell of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration reveals a drop of half a degree in average ground temperatures in the Northern Hemisphere between 1945 and 1968. According to George Kukla of Columbia University, satellite photos indicated a sudden, large increase in Northern Hemisphere snow cover in the winter of 1971-72. And a study released last month by two NOAA scientists notes that the amount of sunshine reaching the ground in the continental U.S. diminished by 1.3% between 1964 and 1972."

http://denisdutton.com/cooling_world.htm
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1057405 Jan 8, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
A responsible person would have said that it is not true or at least put it out there that chemtrails was a theory not held by many to be true.
He agreed with her about chemtrails.
He threw in that vaccinations caused autism.
He said that the polar vortex was a hoax. This means he said that it was not true. That there was no polar vortex & it had nothing to do with the cold weather.
Rush Limbaugh is a liar, a racist, a bigot & spreads hate on every show.
Maybe you think that is funny.
meanwhile, leftwing talk radio fails everywhere because it is humorless Commie propaganda...

unlike you, Rush's audience is intelligent enough to recognize humor.....

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1057406 Jan 8, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Ooooh, Lois Lame puts her racist side on display.
The only thing racist about Detroit and the inner cities is liberals don't give a crap about minorities and spew empty rhetoric so people like you will believe they really, really, really, really do.

Sheesh, Realtime. Stop embarrassing yourself.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1057407 Jan 8, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only real greed nowadays stems from envy and wanting something somebody else has. Nevermind if you didn't earn it or don't want to aspire to have it by working for it yourself.
No one ever used to think like this before the progressive liberals got their big fat foot in the door and tainted American's spirit of ingenuity and self-reliance. Ever.
But we didn't have a closet Marxist in the White House or an elite inner circle of Marxists ever before either.
It seems as if most of your life was spent in a coma or something.

"The president should come down and he should ring the opening bell and take a little credit!"

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/matthews-and-...

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1057408 Jan 8, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you are arguing that Obama is not fixing the Republican generated mess fast enough??
If If If but but but
I've never seen such a pack of losers looking & dogging to try to find something negative about job growth & a shrinking unemployment rate.
Guess what. If Bush, Boehner, McConnell, Ryan had not decided to take us off the path of balanced budgets, decided to slash revenues while going to war, passed unfunded legislation, set record earmarks,deregulating wall street, and doubled the debt, maybe we would not have had the wort recession in 80 years, a housing collapse, a near financial meltdown & you would not be here blaming those trying to fix it instead of the Party that created it.
"real dumb"
Do you practice being dumb? Based on your posts you must. Every budget of the boy president, nobama, is larger than any of Bush's.
Peace
KMA
Happy New Year

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1057409 Jan 8, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you mock yourself like this?
Self-deprecating humor is OK, I guess, but aren't you getting carried away here?
I mean, no one is laughing. Maybe they think you are seriously stupid?
Whaddya think, huh?
talking to yourself is a sign of serious mental problems...you should seek help....now.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1057410 Jan 8, 2014
If W., one of the lesser minds of the Republican party... had achieved a doubling of the stock market the Republicans in our world that you meet would be thrilled with the guy! They'd be saying he's the best friend we ever had! I know we don't brag about it on this show, it's a progressive-oriented thought process I go through around here, I think about distribution as well as wealth. But with all of this wealth going around, why aren't the "fat cats" happy?

Cramer responded:

Well, first they're natural born complainers because any time you talk about raising taxes, they think that's meant for them! And the president talks about equality and what does "equality" mean to them? That means they're gonna get less money in their paycheck! Secondly, the..

Matthews interrupted, arguing that "they're making more money" and that people have "doubled" their money since President Bush was in office. Cramer raised his hands and

Don't look at me! The president should come down and he should ring the opening bell and take a little credit! But he never does, Chris!

Cramer continued, in his typical yelling style, that Obama does not have "scorn" for the average American and again said the president should take credit for the economy, and then maybe Republicans will like him more. Matthews ended the segment happily, saying he knows how Jim Cramer votes.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/matthews-and-...
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1057411 Jan 8, 2014
<quoted text>
He must need the money; who will buy this book? It will give the teabaggers something to chew on for a few days. Why doesn't he just go away and retire with dignity?
You mean bury the truth under the volumes of Obama lies? Or he could just drink it away in an alcoholic fantasy like you do everyday. "If you like your liquor, you can keep your liquor. Period." LOL

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1057412 Jan 8, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine Detroit and the inner cities - what the entire country would like if left up to you liberals.
Try imagining THAT!
But you went and got me started. Anything else you want to imagine that doesn't exist?
Don't limit the decay of urban areas and the poverty stricken to just "liberals." It's the fault of the entire democrat party.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1057413 Jan 8, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Ooooh, Lois Lame puts her racist side on display.
Detroit is a slum...

You show me a ghetto and....

https://twitter.com/LeahR77/status/4185514788...

I'll show you a place were Democrats are in power.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1057414 Jan 8, 2014
Trust Science...it never lies....never gets it wrong...

science is always correcting itself which is good...or is it?

well...

Evolving....

"NASA scientist James E. Hansen, who has publicly criticized the Bush administration for dragging its feet on climate change and labeled skeptics of man-made global warming as distracting “court jesters,” appears in a 1971 Washington Post article that warns of an impending ice age within 50 years"

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2007/sep/...

How can you make ANY educated decision on what causes climate change when the experts are flip-flopping...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1057415 Jan 8, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yesterday this person was raging against woodtick's duplicity; today the person is all for it.
Situational ethics always leaves you looking foolish.
he was making a rational, fact based argument for his point. you should try it once. you might find it, and the respect you gain from even the attempt to be a refreshing dip into the pool of knowledge...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1057416 Jan 8, 2014
<quoted text>
We want them to pay taxes like every other business has too.
She just doesn't get it does she?

"To be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, an organization may not be an action organization, i.e., it may not attempt to influence legislation as a substantial part of its activities.... The organization must not be organized or operated for the benefit of private interests...."

IMO, the Catholic Church is on shaky ground.
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1057417 Jan 8, 2014
<quoted text>
He's been up all night fighting with New Yawk!
We can't all spend the night passed on the ground behind your warehouse in boca.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min huntcoyotes 240,994
News Chicago's population decline continues for the ... 3 hr Cheech the Conser... 6
News Thaddeus S. "Ted" Lechowicz, 1938-2009: Cook Co... (Jan '09) 8 hr Jackson Browne 2
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... 11 hr Earl 54
An EF-5 tornado would knock the Willis Tower ri... 15 hr Storm guy 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 18 hr Comrades 105,189
Trump Just Sux 21 hr Old Yellow Dog 5

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages