Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1744196 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1057425 Jan 8, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems as if most of your life was spent in a coma or something.
"The president should come down and he should ring the opening bell and take a little credit!"
http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/matthews-and-...
Most of your life has been spent looking at Obama through the bottom of an empty liquor bottle. You need to come down and ring the opening bell at the front door of the rehab center.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1057426 Jan 8, 2014
Greenland!

'Trends over the longest period available, 1873–2001, at Ilulissat/Jakobshavn indicate statistically significant warming in all seasons: 5°C in winter. Trends over the 1901–2000 century in southern Greenland indicate statistically significant spring and summer cooling.'

CAUSED BY:::::::::

"Much of the observed variability is shown to be linked with the North Atlantic oscillation (NAO), sea ice extent, and volcanism."

>>>>>VOLCANOES <<<<<<<NO T MAN>.....

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jo...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1057427 Jan 8, 2014
<quoted text>
I love that song; it always makes me cry.
Perhaps someone could write a new rendition; something on the lines of "Imagine there are no teabaggers...."
You make ME cry.....
dem

United States

#1057428 Jan 8, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>Al Roker??? AL ROKER???!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA..... he's an entertainer fergodsake and has nothing to do with science.

Get real. He's a tabloid flunky working for a paycheck and fame.
Didn't u suck the fat out of him via his co ck?

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1057429 Jan 8, 2014
Meteorologist Joe Bastardi: Blaming Turbulent Weather On Global Warming Is Extreme Nonsense

[T]he particular combination of entirely natural ocean conditions that are developing now are producing a change in the in the entire global weather system. In the Tropics, the main source of heat is slightly cooler to the west of us, while the Atlantic is warm. This sets up a certain pattern of events that is different from the ‘60s through ‘90s.

Why? That’s because first, the Pacific was cold then, and the Atlantic was cold also. Then when the Pacific warmed, the Atlantic was still cold. That combination resulted in less overall hurricane activity in the Atlantic basin. For meteorologists, this is entirely logical and intuitive. If the tropical Atlantic is cooler, and the tropical Pacific is warmer, then where will the hurricanes be?

Now those conditions are reversed. Dr. Bill Gray forecast all of this back in the 1970s. This shows how despicable the global warming alarmist agenda can be, when the very guy who got the forecast exactly right gets trashed for not agreeing with people who weren’t even around to make their own forecasts, yet claim it’s due to something else.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2013/05...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1057430 Jan 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>he was making a rational, fact based argument for his point. you should try it once. you might find it, and the respect you gain from even the attempt to be a refreshing dip into the pool of knowledge...
I am willing to go with his interpretation of your debating skills. You engage in innuendos, twist clear statements to mean something else, deny posting what you had posted, etc.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1057431 Jan 8, 2014
Poor Jane aka Stein: can't get out to follow the homeless today due to inclement weather; resorts to copy and paste the allotted 400 words from the New York Post all day that no one will read!
What's next? The President's mother isn't really dead but is an Elvis impersonator in Las Vegas?
Nope. The President's mother isn't really dead but is a Linda Lovelace impersonator in Las Vegas brothels.
dem

United States

#1057432 Jan 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>Jean is still here...the NYC Bocajew just uses a different name...
Still here, pussscccee

Lapeer, MI

#1057433 Jan 8, 2014
<quoted text>
I love that song; it always makes me cry.
Perhaps someone could write a new rendition; something on the lines of "Imagine there are no teabaggers...."
Imagine no vodka
Imagine no hangovers
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1057434 Jan 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
meanwhile, leftwing talk radio fails everywhere because it is humorless Commie propaganda...
unlike you, Rush's audience is intelligent enough to recognize humor.....
That is the first time I have ever seen 'Rush' and 'intelligent' used in the same sentence, no disrespect to the Canadian rock band. Smart people know Rush is a moron.
Lnc

United States

#1057435 Jan 8, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I fear for the nation's future with the constant leakage ..........House.
woodtick57 is brighter than you and Carol has a better grasp on reality.

Word!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1057436 Jan 8, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Al Roker has this to say to all the haters out there: The polar vortex is real, and anyone who doesn't believe that can "stuff it."
Roker got the last word on the "polar vortex" controversy Wednesday morning when he pulled out an old college textbook from 1959 that contained a term ID for the weather condition.
His comments were aimed at those, like conservative radio show host Rush Limbaugh, who claim that the polar vortex is a made-up term and a "left-wing media conspiracy."
"Let me tell you something," he said on "Today." "We've never used the phrase 'global warming' or 'climate change' in conjunction with this... Okay?! So for all the doubters out there, STUFF IT."
Al Roker lacks a college degree and has no formal education in meteorology or climatology...

Roker is just a talking head...

Lapeer, MI

#1057437 Jan 8, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not surprised that someone belonging to a party that has replaced the term "utilization management" with "death panels" would believe that "Polar Vortex" is a newly coined word.
You just can't help exposing your ignorance on a regular basis.
Who said that "Polar Vortex" is a newly coined word?

Please explain your confusion.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1057438 Jan 8, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I am willing to go with his interpretation of your debating skills. You engage in innuendos, twist clear statements to mean something else, deny posting what you had posted, etc.
Are you joking? You are the king/queen of that crap.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1057439 Jan 8, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals don't know where to draw the line between compassion and gullibility. But gullibility is how they get votes and stay in power. Plain and simple.
Doing unto the least of these is a charge given to all of us. The liberals keep throwing the federal government in the mix to do what we're supposed to do ourselves.
The thing that always gets lost on them is there will always be a food stamp program and welfare aid. But creating un-incentives to work to support oneself and be able to stand on one's own two feet is their idea of compassion.
now that's funny! the religious cult member that worships a proven false idol talking about gullibility...

i think the irony meter just disintegrated...
TSM

United States

#1057440 Jan 8, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Gates is cashing in on the lust Obama haters have for any morsel to embarrass him. Although he agreed with Obama on the overuse of military, his ego was bruised when he wasn't given free reign.
Typical response you need New Material!!
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1057441 Jan 8, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing racist about Detroit and the inner cities is liberals don't give a crap about minorities and spew empty rhetoric so people like you will believe they really, really, really, really do.
Sheesh, Realtime. Stop embarrassing yourself.
More gibberish.. What's become of you doll?

There was a time when you were sincere and occasionally put up a sensible post. These days you're no different than Bronach.
Lnc

United States

#1057442 Jan 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Jean is still here...the NYC Bocajew just uses a different name...
woodtick57, Lily Boca Raton FL, USAsince1680 are much brighter than you

and Carol has a better grasp on Posting on thread.

Lapeer, MI

#1057443 Jan 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what does that have to do with anything? all studies show that freethinkers are more generous and philanthropic than you religious cult freaks...
try to keep up with the real world, dear...
"all studies show that...." is something a fifth grader would bleat on the playground.

Profound you are not. Small and cheap you are.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1057444 Jan 8, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
if only you could find one post of mine that corroborates your lie there...

just one...

it would seem you just did exactly what you falsely accused me of..

you really are not up to taking me on, little man...you just are not capable. you are just not even close to my league...you know it, i know it you just proved it...again...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr WelbyMD 243,393
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Julia 12,214
last post wins! (Dec '10) 10 hr Julia 3,261
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 10 hr Julia 2,570
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 10 hr Julia 3,807
Word (Dec '08) 10 hr Julia 6,963
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 10 hr Julia 1,061

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages