Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1274454 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1056361 Jan 7, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, in case you didn't know it....Benghazi is not a part of the United States. Vowing to "bring to justice those responsible for the deadly assault on a U.S. embassy in Benghazi" doesn't mean that these culprits will necessarily be brought to justice in the United States. Do you really think that is worth going to war?
"Federal law enforcement authorities have filed murder charges against Mr. Khattala, a militia leader in Benghazi, in connection with the attacks. The authorities have identified several others who they said they believe participated in the attacks, and have filed charges under seal against some of them, according to American officials." It is the Libyan government that has "rebuffed the Obama administration’s efforts to arrest the suspects".
Of course, Republicans have tried to use that as an excuse to authorize a military strike against Syria.
“You cannot have an attack on the mission, 12 months later identified a good number of the participants, and have absolutely no consequences for the taking of American lives,” Representative Mike Rogers of Michigan, who leads the House Intelligence Committee, said in an interview."
To hell with Republicans and your pro-war stance. You have absolutely NO respect for another country’s sovereignty but you would be the first to complain should those suspects be taken out by a drone.
“The Libyan government has to wrestle with this idea:‘What would that mean to us if we apprehended some of these people, if we tried them, if we handed them over?’” Gen. Carter F. Ham, a former head of the military’s Africa Command, told a conference in Aspen, Colo., in July.“It’s a very, very complex issue.”
Heck, I'm surprised that you people haven't demanded that the President invade Russia to capture Snowden. Same difference.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/10/world/afric...
how about using drones on terrorists like "Khattala" instead of on American citizens???...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1056362 Jan 7, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no reason to use the ERs if you are on medicaid..
you really need to at least try to think...
Hmmm, another one of these- despite what research show- you know better?

You appear to believe science is all politics and actual data and research is just an inconvenience to your world view.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1056363 Jan 7, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
What's the old joke - It's so cold the democrats are keeping their hands in their own pockets. LOL
Extending unemployment benefits will allow Catherine to raise her thermostat a degree and buy an extra loaf of bread and dozen eggs!
That may cause the utility company and grocery store to hire an extra person! Wow!
What a dipsh*t you fools elected.

Evidently, Ray thinks just one person will be spending that extra money.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1056364 Jan 7, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>The GOP doesn't have blatant organized anti-black racism on public record or the national archives.
It's the culture..
I would suggest you goggle "Republicans’“Southern Strategy” under Nixon".

Nixon's political strategist Kevin Phillips said, "Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats. "

THAT is public record.

In 2005, Republican National Committee chairman Ken Mehlman formally apologized to the NAACP for ignoring the black vote and exploiting racial conflicts.

http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html/books/ph...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1056365 Jan 7, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasserman-Doltz is, without a doubt, one of the most ignorant, hypocritical, and fraudulent politicians I've ever had the displeasure of reading about.
Even Bill Maher shut down Wasserman Schultz.
Maher:“Is a lie justified if it’s for something good?” he asked.“And if he hadn’t told that lie, could Obamacare have been passed?”
Wasserman Schultz, who has a reputation for living in an alternate reality, maintained Obama didn’t lie.
“It was not a lie, let’s just be very clear. When the president and myself and every other Democrat talked about that if you like your health care you can keep it, that was referring to the overwhelming majority of Americans who had health care,” she said.“The reality of Obamacare is, not only are they able to keep their health care, but it is very likely going to cost less and have better benefits.”
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/11/02/bill-m...
You're an anti-Semite; and a misogynist; that's why you hate her. Quel surpris!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1056366 Jan 7, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>You just proved my point you dont know what your talking about and they are all failing that have a welfare system in place which Europe as a whole is failing miserably which we all know and is the reason why Denmark eliminated their welfare system and will be successful now besides if anybody is running from their own words and cant prove their point it is you woodtick57 and the reason you have been doing this for months is the fact you are dependent on the welfare state and system to provide for you and your replies and counter arguments confirm it so by now and run along little boy and no need to come back since your logic is flawed and is dependent on others to do the providing for your type of Society.
September 24, 2013
Europe Declares the Welfare State Dead
With the Congress and the administration in full battle mode over implementing ObamaCare to convert the United States into a European welfare state, Dutch King Willem-Alexander gave a nationally televised speech to his nation's Parliament on September 16th declaring that the welfare state was dead. The message, written for the King by Prime Minister Mark Rutte's government, stated that current levels of state spending for unemployment benefits and subsidized health care are unsustainable amid Europe's ongoing economic malaise. With Moody's credit rating agency threatening to downgrade Dutch debt, the King announced that citizens soon will be expected to create their own social and financial safety nets with much less help from the state.
http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/09/europe...
you ae still running from backing yup your word...there are many countries that are fa better off than the US that have far more inclusive welfare systems...they have less national debt. they have happier, healthier citiznery, the have lower unemployment, they have fare better educated kids...

why do you insist on continuing to make an ass of yourself on this issue? you know you cannot counter the facts..you know you are not in my league intellectually...

run away. little boy...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1056367 Jan 7, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Actually yes I do. Bought it 25 years ago. Still has a great picture. RCA. Girls use it to play video games on it. Ice cube trays? Yep, unfortunately the ice maker stopped working in the fridge. New one has been ordered put using the trays till it comes in. Always have a plan B.
lily would prefer you throw that lead filled tv in a landfill and use an electric ice maker. She's an environmentalist, don't you know.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1056368 Jan 7, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
short-term unemployment insurance may be necessary....
however, long-term unemployment insurance is welfare and should be subject to means testing...
if one cannot find a job in six months, one never will...
After Bush crushed the world's economy and ruined a generation, long term unemployment may be the only solution for years to come. At least until Hillary's second term.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1056369 Jan 7, 2014
Whatever wrote:
Debbie Wasserman Schultz claims unemployment insurance grows the middle class.
Remember when Wasserman-Schultz was attacking Mitt Romney for having a foreign bank account and "secretive investments?"

Then we discovered:

"Disclosure forms reveal that Democratic National Committee chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz, a member of Congress from Florida, previously held funds with investments in Swiss banks, foreign drug companies, and the state bank of India. This revelation comes mere days after the Democratic chair attacked presumptive Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney for holding money in Swiss bank accounts in the past."

Once again we saw the usual “do as I say, not as I do” crap from the left which continues today with the ACA (among dozens of other things.)

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1056370 Jan 7, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't pretend to be a good speller, but I'm not a hypocrite.
Apparently you don't see the irony/hypocrisy of our resident spell checker not being able to spell. That's what I won't let go.
Leos not here anymore.

now what were you saying about not being a hypocrite?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1056371 Jan 7, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Good news! I checked and even in Barrow Alaska there's a McDonalds. So both you and Eman will be able to find work you're qualified for anywhere in America!
everyone is qualified to work at mcdonalds. They have entry level positions...never meant to support a family from.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1056372 Jan 7, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasserman-Doltz is, without a doubt, one of the most ignorant, hypocritical, and fraudulent politicians I've ever had the displeasure of reading about.
Even Bill Maher shut down Wasserman Schultz.
Maher:“Is a lie justified if it’s for something good?” he asked.“And if he hadn’t told that lie, could Obamacare have been passed?”
Wasserman Schultz, who has a reputation for living in an alternate reality, maintained Obama didn’t lie.
“It was not a lie, let’s just be very clear. When the president and myself and every other Democrat talked about that if you like your health care you can keep it, that was referring to the overwhelming majority of Americans who had health care,” she said.“The reality of Obamacare is, not only are they able to keep their health care, but it is very likely going to cost less and have better benefits.”
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/11/02/bill-m...
It says a lot that despite all her buffoonery the Dems keep her as a spokesperson.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1056373 Jan 7, 2014
Homer wrote:
I guess the nest obvious question is which of the Obama daughters will run for president after their mother's 2 terms? In what year could they run? Will. they have political aspirations?
emeem....here's your chance to prove your character.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1056374 Jan 7, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an anti-Semite; and a misogynist; that's why you hate her. Quel surpris!
Don't be silly, we would think Debbie Wassmerman Schultz was an idiot if she was purple and asexual because that is how she displays herself.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1056375 Jan 7, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
GOP circle Jerk last night, no one reads there stuff which makes it funny
how do you know? Where you watching?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1056376 Jan 7, 2014
2000 years.... in 30 seconds...

MWP .3 degree's warmer than 20 Century...

"Historical data provide a baseline for judging how anomalous recent temperature changes are and for assessing the degree to which organisms are likely to be adversely affected by current or future warming. Climate histories are commonly reconstructed from a variety of sources, including ice cores, tree rings, and sediment. Tree-ring data, being the most abundant for recent centuries, tend to dominate reconstructions. There are reasons to believe that tree ring data may not properly capture long-term climate changes. In this study, eighteen 2000-year-long series were obtained that were not based on tree ring data. Data in each series were smoothed with a 30-year running mean. All data were then converted to anomalies by subtracting the mean of each series from that series. The overall mean series was then computed by simple averaging. The mean time series shows quite coherent structure. The mean series shows the Medieval Warm Period (MWP) and Little Ice Age (LIA) quite clearly, with the MWP being approximately 0.3°C warmer than 20th century values at these eighteen sites."

Craig Loehle
Energy and Environment
Vol 18, 7-8, Dec 2007

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1056377 Jan 7, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently, Ray thinks just one person will be spending that extra money.
That is what the clown said numbnuts!!!

St. Croix valley

#1056378 Jan 7, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
nuc?
suc?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1056379 Jan 7, 2014
Homer wrote:
Last week rightwingers were afraid of LED's, what are they afraid of this week?
Inquiring minds want to know.
IED's__IUD's? Some other acronym?

BTW Homer__on this day in 1958 the first ant farms went on sale. My friends and I waited patiently as the manager at Harry's Hardware and Auto opened the large box containing the display model and placed it at adult eye level on the shelf where us kids would have to stand on tip toes to see it. It was next to the blasting caps and just above the 8oz.bottles of Chloroform. Back then, hardware stores sold just about everything a kid might want or need.

Thing about ant farms is that once you've actually seen one__there was no reason to buy one.

St. Croix valley

#1056380 Jan 7, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
everyone is qualified to work at mcdonalds. They have entry level positions...never meant to support a family from.
not really...i remember interviewing people that wouldn't be hired to run a mop for them... not even for a taco johns...

it si sad that we have such people in our nation in this day and age, but it is true...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Earthling-1 54,489
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Dr Guru 196,873
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 11 hr Doug77 6,395
abby8-27-15 13 hr Sublime1 14
ask amy 8-27 14 hr PEllen 7
The Amazing Cashew 14 hr OH Im NUTS 1
Get an online store. Earn $$$$ (Jun '13) 15 hr Shaiilesh 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages