Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1418692 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1056530 Jan 7, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama did not say extending the unemployment benefits alone would lead to a vibrant economy.
Those who receive these benefits would spend that money in the economy & it could help create jobs & help our economy overall.
Maybe you need to take some Econ course Mr Mighty Dumb Builder.
LMAO!! Your humor is refreshing.
Who can deny that as unemployment grows, our economy grows right along with it? Too bad so many people quit looking for work and that benefits have run out for others. If Obama sent checks to everyone, we'd be experiencing a recovery, the likes of which has never been seen. Right?

Say hi to Barry for me.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1056531 Jan 7, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Of course the state department people were debriefed__but there were only about 3 or 4 and two were injured one of them critically. There were two dozen at the nearby CIA compound__there is no way those guys are going to go public, A. it ruins their big $ gig, and B. some of those guys are not copacetic.
You're just like Carol__without a clue on the subject here you come, mouth first.
you just repeated what he said, then say he has no clue on the subject. Does that somehow make sense to you?
dem

United States

#1056532 Jan 7, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, get it together.

Yeah posted from your hometown when he is allegedly from HI

That isn't just anybody posting.
Pretend I'm whomever you like, hillbilly beitch. Won't change a thing or save you.

Since: Jan 14

Los Angeles, CA

#1056533 Jan 7, 2014
we don't want Obama again. it's enough, we are already fooled by him 2 time.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1056534 Jan 7, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
Seriously. Would somebody please watch this and tell me what you think?
http://msnvideo.msn.com/...
You can scroll up to the 1 minute mark without missing anything but you have to watch the rest of it - about a minute and a half - to the very end.
It's unreal if it's real and amazing special effects if it isn't.
interesting

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1056535 Jan 7, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that is what I am saying. First of all, when Obama said "If you like your health care plan, you can keep it", he was quoting from the law. He didn't make it up. It is right there...in the law written and passed by Congress...Sec. 1251. Preservation of right to maintain existing coverage.
Obama has not given anyone a "bye" and it is the constitution that has assigned him the responsibility for making sure the law is successful. If he finds it necessary to change dates in response to government conflicts, website malfunctions, and consumer complaints, he is doing his job.
"uselesssinceforever00 "
In a word you are admitting the law was flawed. In another word[s] many thousands have found out they can not keep their insurance. Period. The president lied. Again.
He has given bye's, he has given exceptions. In your world the congress is unnecessary, the boy president is the final authority.
Why is the boy president, nobama, unconcerned about enforcing border security? He sees the millions of illegals in this country as future democrat voters? Those laws aimed at protecting America are largely unenforced. You support that.
Why is the boy president,nobama, trying to force nuns to purchase health insurance that includes maternity care, child care and abortion/murder coverage? None of which they need or want?
Peace
KMA
Happy New year

Since: May 11

New Oxford, PA

#1056536 Jan 7, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Obama's "logic", when he raised taxes on the middle class it had the exact opposite effect. Evidently Dave's too ignorant to realize that little fact.
How many Americans are unemployed - 90 million? So, what's your unemployment benefit time limit...as long as it takes, if it EVER takes?
This entire 'Why extend the UEB's? Because we care!' bullshite by the democrats is nothing but another ploy to keep the focus OFF the clusterfk called Obamacare.

What tax was raised on the Middle Class?

As long as the unemployment rate is high,we need to help those unemployed.

Ray, did ja ever think if YOUR party had not created the worst recession in 80 years, a housing collapse & a near financial meltdown that maybe the economy would not have crashed & the need for extending these benefits not necessary?

Didn't think so.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1056537 Jan 7, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your dumb friend with you when I throw you out this time. She's a bigger fkn retard than you
Yes, Topix will be so willing to listen to a person who has for days attempted to drive people away from their message boards.

Time to stop the idiocy and learn you cannot control the message boards.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1056538 Jan 7, 2014
angel wrote:
<quoted text>Deniers are just modern 'Flat Earth Society' cultists.
There is no disagreement in the scientific Community except for Corporate Shills with a vested interest.
Teabaggers inabilty to wrap their brains around ANYTHING that contradicts their dogma is why they are unable to adapt and headed to the crap heap of History.
You would think such fans of Social Darwinism would appreciate it when its so clearly in Action when it comes to the Radical Right.
Even the GOP can see the writing on the wall .
Face it: Birthers, Deniers your a puncline to most Americans.
Aren't you the bitter transsexual with a foot-long rap sheet?
Yes, I think I now remember you from other threads.

You can pick locks and slice bread with your tongue and kill flying insects with your breath.

God loves you.....and you know the rest.....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1056540 Jan 7, 2014
those wacky women and their breast implant health issues......and only climate deniers are ignorant of science...

"Silicone Implants Do Not Cause Major Disease"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK44775/

----------

"...This led to numerous lawsuits beginning in 1984 and culminating in a 1998 multibillion dollar class action settlement."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dow_Corning
dem

United States

#1056541 Jan 7, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You obviously weren't paying attention and simply jumped to conclusions.

Typical reich winger. sop...
She's got the always reliable dent head retard fetch on her side. The same one I've been saying for months might just be whatever.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1056542 Jan 7, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!! Your humor is refreshing.
Who can deny that as unemployment grows, our economy grows right along with it? Too bad so many people quit looking for work and that benefits have run out for others. If Obama sent checks to everyone, we'd be experiencing a recovery, the likes of which has never been seen. Right?
Say hi to Barry for me.
i guess actually going out and getting a job is out of the question in this discussion...
shit, my daughter went out and got another degree in the time these bums have been on unemployment...(while she worked full time...)
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1056543 Jan 7, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretend I'm whomever you like, hillbilly beitch. Won't change a thing or save you.
The fool thinks people needs his/her permission to do things.

Now I am going to ignore you.

Have a good day and whine on!
dem

United States

#1056544 Jan 7, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Topix will be so willing to listen to a person who has for days attempted to drive people away from their message boards.

Time to stop the idiocy and learn you cannot control the message boards.
Nobody said anything about topix you dumb toothless hillbilly. That kind of knowingly ignorant comprehension is why USA and everyone else wipes the floor with you.

St. Croix valley

#1056545 Jan 7, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"uselesssinceforever00 "
In a word you are admitting the law was flawed. In another word[s] many thousands have found out they can not keep their insurance. Period. The president lied. Again.
He has given bye's, he has given exceptions. In your world the congress is unnecessary, the boy president is the final authority.
Why is the boy president, nobama, unconcerned about enforcing border security? He sees the millions of illegals in this country as future democrat voters? Those laws aimed at protecting America are largely unenforced. You support that.
Why is the boy president,nobama, trying to force nuns to purchase health insurance that includes maternity care, child care and abortion/murder coverage? None of which they need or want?
Peace
KMA
Happy New year
no, most of thenm just got different policies..

Obama has deported more illegals than his predecessor in less time...

do you have anything factual to say?
dem

United States

#1056546 Jan 7, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>Aren't you the bitter transsexual with a foot-long rap sheet?
Yes, I think I now remember you from other threads.

You can pick locks and slice bread with your tongue and kill flying insects with your breath.

God loves you.....and you know the rest.....
Nostrilfuckface for sure

St. Croix valley

#1056547 Jan 7, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>interesting
yes, today's computer graphics technology is stunning.

they can create entire real looking worlds for films...(and for even less money we can send rovers to other REAL worlds...)
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1056548 Jan 7, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"uselesssinceforever00 "
Peace
KMA
Happy New year
lol! Are you claiming ALL other laws are not?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1056549 Jan 7, 2014
Dumass Science Deniers...Listen to the Scientists...!!!!!!!

?

Believe American Women...and not JUNK SCIENCE.....

"Overwhelmed by injury claims filed against it by hundreds of thousands of women who used silicone breast implants, the Dow Corning Corporation filed for bankruptcy protection in a Federal court in Bay City, Mich., today."

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/05/16/business/do...

----------

"There is no evidence that silicone implants are responsible for any major diseases of the whole body. Women are exposed to silicone constantly in their daily lives

There is no plausible evidence of a novel autoimmune disease caused by implants.

The committee found no increase in either primary or recurrent breast cancer in women with breast implants. Some studies even suggest lower rates of breast cancer in implanted women

Some women with breast implants are indeed very ill. However, the committee can find no evidence that these women are sick because of their implants'

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK44775/
dem

United States

#1056550 Jan 7, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>The fool thinks people needs his/her permission to do things.

Now I am going to ignore you.

Have a good day and whine on!
Nobody cares if or who you ignore.
You're a dumbfk and will be treated as such. If being a silent punching bag makes you feel better than do it. Works well for ray Donovan. Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Rogue Scholar 05 222,457
last post wins! (Apr '13) 9 min Hatti_Hollerand 1,471
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 17 min Go Blue Forever 103,453
Chicago has the Worst Women 27 min Go Blue Forever 55
Can you believe how pathetic this place is? 32 min Ebby 1
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 39 min GEORGIA 1,936
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 44 min GEORGIA 3,038

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages