Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1602182 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1056952 Jan 7, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"ueselesssinceforever00 "
I will make it simple. Can you explain why the boy president nobama wants to force nuns to purchase insurance, they do not want or need. Purchase a policy that covers maternity care, child care and abortion/murder?
Peace
KMA
Happy New Year
Oh for Pete's Sake you idiot. The nuns operate nursing homes. They don't want to provide their employees with maternity care, child care and abortion.

The ACA makes an exception for religious institutions such as houses of worship that mainly serve and employ members of their own faith, but not for schools, hospitals, and charitable organizations that employ people of all faiths.

Even Catholics don't have the right to infringe on the rights of others.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1056953 Jan 7, 2014
Gates Criticism Makes Obama Wrong How?

From Greg Jaffe’s WaPo review of Robert Gates’ new memoir:

Gates’s problem with the president is less about strategy or substance than about heart.“I myself, our commanders, and our troops had expected more commitment to the cause and more passion for it from him,” Gates writes. He compares Obama unfavorably with Bush, who “had no second thoughts about Iraq, including our decision to invade.”

Is it just me, or is this nuts? Obama’s judgment of the sleazy Karzai was correct, Obama knew the war was unwinnable, Gates thinks Obama made the right calls — but he faults the president for not being a True Believer? As if George W. Bush’s unwillingness to reassess American strategy in light of cold, hard experience is a sign of wisdom and character! I suppose Gates has a point if he’s faulting Obama for pursuing a military strategy that he (the president) didn’t believe in, but does Gates believe that an immediate withdrawal from Afghanistan would have been the better strategy, even if it had been politically feasible (which it may not have been)?

In related news, Thomson and Thompson are griping about Obama in light of Al Qaeda’s takeover of Fallujah:

Sen. John McCain, Arizona, and Lindsey Graham, South Carolina, called the recent turn of events “as tragic as they were predictable” and suggested Obama misled Americans into believing that Iraqi leaders wanted U.S. forces out of their country.

“While many Iraqis are responsible for this strategic disaster, the administration cannot escape its share of the blame,” the senators said in a joint statement.“When President Obama withdrew all U.S. forces … over the objections of our military leaders and commanders on the ground, many of us predicted that the vacuum would be filled by America’s enemies and would emerge as a threat to U.S. national security interests. Sadly, that reality is now clearer than ever.”

So, after all that money spent training the Iraqi military and setting the Iraqi government up, they can’t hold Fallujah — and Obama is the bad guy for not writing the Iraqis a blank check and keeping US soldiers deployed in an unwinnable war? No. Obama is wrong about many things, but he was right to oppose the war, and he was right to fully implement the withdrawal agreement reached by the outgoing President Bush. And you know what? In 2011, as that withdrawal was ending, three in four Americans supported the president’s decision. Because they were tired of spending American blood and American treasure on a lost cause.

Thank God John McCain did not become president.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1056954 Jan 7, 2014
Authorities report at least 21 deaths related to brutal cold spell across U.S. since Sunday

http://news.yahoo.com/polar-air-blamed-21-dea...
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1056955 Jan 7, 2014
Wisely,( not carefully ). I Did.

Appreciate your concern, however Carol misunderstood since she did not KNOW why I took that tone with dullingelectroid. In such circumstances, one should just stay silent.

**Advice unsolicitously given from one who is ignorant of the prior facts/knowledge never helps in these situations.

And often, it is a guise for interjecting one's own objection to ... It's couched like trying to help. But it is anything but. Just the opposite.

Damn Right I lashed out. Nobody ever likes it when I lash out. O Well ... Then they shouldn't say ignorant and rude things that cause me to put them in Check.
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Use your passion carefully.
Carol was trying to calm down the situation and in turn you lash out as if she attacked you.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1056956 Jan 7, 2014
So a priest and rabbi walk into a polar vortex...

Polar vortex, go home you're drunk.

I'd like a polar vortex, on the rocks, don't spare the gin.

When I lived in Chicago we didn't call it a "Polar Vortex", we called it winter.

Polar Gore-Tex? Isn't that what Polar Bears wear?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1056957 Jan 7, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
when Obama throws his support to someone other than Hillary, all you sheep will head for the exits...
That might not happen. Quid pro quo kind of thing. Obama to Hillary: "I'll let you be my Secretary of State after kicking your ass in the election and lying about you but I'll back you up after I deceive the American people for as long as they keep buying it. Then it will be your turn"

Orlando, FL

#1056959 Jan 7, 2014
new yawk wrote:
Wisely,( not carefully ). I Did.
Appreciate your concern, however Carol misunderstood since she did not KNOW why I took that tone with dullingelectroid. In such circumstances, one should just stay silent.
**Advice unsolicitously given from one who is ignorant of the prior facts/knowledge never helps in these situations.
And often, it is a guise for interjecting one's own objection to ... It's couched like trying to help. But it is anything but. Just the opposite.
Damn Right I lashed out. Nobody ever likes it when I lash out. O Well ... Then they shouldn't say ignorant and rude things that cause me to put them in Check.
<quoted text>
Your reaction was out of proportion with what shinning posted. That's what I meant. Maybe we should just change the subject.
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1056960 Jan 7, 2014
I put her in check, sternly. And rightfully so.
If you want to call that a willy nilly attack, or "get angry" knock yourself out.

End of Subject ...
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol sometimes you mean well but some get angry and willy nilly attack anything in the way.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1056961 Jan 7, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
So a priest and rabbi walk into a polar vortex...
Polar vortex, go home you're drunk.
I'd like a polar vortex, on the rocks, don't spare the gin.
When I lived in Chicago we didn't call it a "Polar Vortex", we called it winter.
Polar Gore-Tex? Isn't that what Polar Bears wear?
Been saving those all day.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1056962 Jan 7, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>fine, show me any proof of these death panels...
Funny since the reich wing state of Arizona has death panels

Lapeer, MI

#1056963 Jan 7, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most definitely. Gives us a new perspective about our place in the universe. And how we're connected somehow. Looking at ancient ruins, seems they've been here since our first beginnings. May have even had personal interaction with ancient people. But definitely interesting. Another mystery of life.
Space Odyssey 2001 begins with chimps in heated battle but soon enters into a Lunar excavation of a huge black monolith left by someone other than Christo.

The trail moves fast from there.

I don't, however, entertain the notion that our evolution was guided by some extraterrestrial civilization. I am my own man:)

Orlando, FL

#1056964 Jan 7, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh for Pete's Sake you idiot. The nuns operate nursing homes. They don't want to provide their employees with maternity care, child care and abortion.
The ACA makes an exception for religious institutions such as houses of worship that mainly serve and employ members of their own faith, but not for schools, hospitals, and charitable organizations that employ people of all faiths.
Even Catholics don't have the right to infringe on the rights of others.
No one is being forced to work for the nuns. But if someone chooses to be employed by them, they also choose to respect what they believe and abide by those beliefs.

Or find another employer - and insurance - elsewhere.

Lapeer, MI

#1056965 Jan 7, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're reading way too much into shinning's post. Try taking some deep breaths.
That Dumpster Diva reads whatever comes into her mind.
Call it "Unguided Evolution"

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1056966 Jan 7, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You & Rush Limbaugh ( I heard him today about this subject), must be the two absolutely dumbest people on the planet.
First, if you have people without income & they get some income (not taken from the economy) which they spend in the economy that this helps the economy.
I would assume ( From I have have seen from you, Ray, this might be quite a stretch) that you would agree with that statement.
Increased spending helps the economy.
Now was that difficult??
Now here is where you are dumber than sh*t.
No one is saying that people losing jobs & going on unemployment helps the economy. No One is saying we need people to lose their jobs so we can pay them unemployment.
This is what you & your butt buddy Rush Limbaugh are having a fit about.
What is being said is that these long term unemployed people getting monetary help which they then spend in the economy helps the economy.
My God, I can't believe you are really this stupid Ray.
As far as sending checks to everyone, that was something Bush & your Republicans did.
Don't invoke God. He only helps those who help themselves. That's 20% of the problem. The other 80% is Obama's "recovery". You are true to form though, blaming everyone except the architect. If statistics included the same number of employable workers as when he took office, we'd be at 11% unemployed, Maynard.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1056967 Jan 7, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical republican: "Our way, or the highway".
Rand Paul (R-Ky):
“Just because a couple people on the Supreme Court declare something to be ‘constitutional’ does not make it so. The whole thing remains unconstitutional."
Republicans are idiots.
lol! They wrap themselves in the Constitution until they want to shred it to better match their idiotic, unAmerican politics!

Lapeer, MI

#1056968 Jan 7, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"shinningelectr0n"
You are correct, "nutsucker" is always passing gas, he is full of shit.
Peace
Happy New Year
I think we all hold a deep wish to be remembered affectionately by someone after we've left this world.

But nutsucker's farting in elevators is the wrong way to go about establishing fond memories.

Lapeer, MI

#1056969 Jan 7, 2014
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, and they swallow everything that junkie says like he swallows OxyContin. Dittoheads
Hello Monica Lewinsky:)

Orlando, FL

#1056970 Jan 7, 2014
new yawk wrote:
Since you don't know what transpired, the offensive insult to me from dullingelectroid, I suggest you don't know what you are talking about and to mind your business where my affairs on this board are concerned.
I suggest you stop smoking and over eating -THEN you can take some deep breaths.
Your body/metabolism will be capable.
Or please just stay out. I'm not adding prey to my list.
<quoted text>
No worries. Consider me staying out.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1056971 Jan 7, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is being forced to work for the nuns. But if someone chooses to be employed by them, they also choose to respect what they believe and abide by those beliefs.
Or find another employer - and insurance - elsewhere.
So I guess by your "logic," when the Church choose to save their priests who committed acts of pedophilia, it was a doctrine they were protecting as part of their 'religious policy.'

Interesting....

Orlando, FL

#1056972 Jan 7, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Space Odyssey 2001 begins with chimps in heated battle but soon enters into a Lunar excavation of a huge black monolith left by someone other than Christo.
The trail moves fast from there.
I don't, however, entertain the notion that our evolution was guided by some extraterrestrial civilization. I am my own man:)
Saw that movie in 1969 as a senior in high school. Seems funny now. 2001 was so futuristic at the time.

There are some things we will never know in this life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr loose cannon 242,621
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,981
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 8 hr honeymylove 11,315
News Some in Cicero take issue with flying of Mexica... (Oct '08) 8 hr They cannot kill ... 1,582
The Party of Racism. 12 hr Well Well 30
Coffee with Jesus. 21 hr Ooftus Goofus 8
Black-Lives-Matter, saves goods, shoes etc. fro... 21 hr Jesse Js Buddies 3

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages