Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1225058 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1055478 Jan 6, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah/dem/stolen name from others -you always go home to Chicago to roost.
The Chicago fanboy(s)
lol! It's great how your 'facts' only rely on your opinions as substitute son!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1055479 Jan 6, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You very obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about. I don't know how many different frac fluids there are, but they're all toxic except for when fresh water is used. Here's just a little bit from Halliburton on the multiple water-based frac fluids they use.
http://www.halliburton.com/public/projects/pu...
Only rarely is fresh water used as a frac fluid, moron. Anything else is toxic. Fresh water does not mix well with reactive clays.
All systems designed to be "closed loop" can fail, moron. It is the failure case that concerns people, idiot.
Only what is classified as "high volume" is that amount of frac fluid used. Most frac jobs take less then 100,000 gallons, and normally less than 50,000.
I don't know where you get the notion that a "closed loop" is under minimal pressure. 5,000 psi is common.
You should stick to things you know, like what websites have the party line to regurgitate.
it would seem you don't have the slightest clue as to what 'toxic' means.

why do you always post about things you have absolutely no clue about? do you enjoy making an ass of yourself?
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1055480 Jan 6, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Yep! I'm sure you get others to do what you can't!
That's normal...
You might want to stop throwing stones in your glass trailer you idiot...

Yeah.. You Gilligan look stupid...

It's the culture..
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1055481 Jan 6, 2014
new yawk wrote:
PS Martin Luther King Jr was INDEED a Christian Reformer.
who wasn't a republican.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1055482 Jan 6, 2014
TSM wrote:
Everything about this administration/presidency is predicated on Lies/Myth…. Obama Top Scientist Admits Green Jobs Promise Was a Myth others, Stimulus ‘Shovel Ready Jobs, Healthcare if you like your Plan/Doctor you could keep them etc.!!
Why does texass hate women son?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1055483 Jan 6, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Except that Obama thinks he doesn't have to follow the same rules as all previous presidents. Obama has on multiple occasions stated that he doesn't like The Constitution and is trying to change it,even after he swore an oath to uphold and obey. Obama has ignored The Constitution or has simply not followed it. The ObamaKare bill did not originate in the House. the House bill was a completely different bill. Someone needs to tell Obama that he does not legislate,he is such an idiot he believes he is a Monarch or Dictator.
??? Same rules as the previous presidents?

Huh?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1055484 Jan 6, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You asked how we paid for WWII numbnuts! So there you go!
The issue was fiat money my little idiot.

So how did the US pay for WWII?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1055485 Jan 6, 2014
TSM wrote:
Everything about this administration/presidency is predicated on Lies/Myth…. Obama Top Scientist Admits Green Jobs Promise Was a Myth others, Stimulus ‘Shovel Ready Jobs, Healthcare if you like your Plan/Doctor you could keep them etc.!!
The Magic Negro Show = Sesame St for adults who think like kids.

St. Croix valley

#1055486 Jan 6, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>The only party that's exploiting Benghazi for political gain are reich wing nuts!
they seem to love dancing on the graves of the brave americans that served for them...there can be no other reason for still promoting the proven false lies they spew...

no shame and no honor in that group, just gravedancers...

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1055487 Jan 6, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You very obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about. I don't know how many different frac fluids there are, but they're all toxic except for when fresh water is used. Here's just a little bit from Halliburton on the multiple water-based frac fluids they use.
http://www.halliburton.com/public/projects/pu...
Only rarely is fresh water used as a frac fluid, moron. Anything else is toxic. Fresh water does not mix well with reactive clays.
All systems designed to be "closed loop" can fail, moron. It is the failure case that concerns people, idiot.
Only what is classified as "high volume" is that amount of frac fluid used. Most frac jobs take less then 100,000 gallons, and normally less than 50,000.
I don't know where you get the notion that a "closed loop" is under minimal pressure. 5,000 psi is common.
You should stick to things you know, like what websites have the party line to regurgitate.
Wow, for a pretend oilfield engineer, you're mighty uninformed.

Where the frac issue is facing the most protest is in the horizontal drilling in the shale plays. Here in PA, it takes over a million gallons per well.

And YES, the water is fresh water. They pull it from streams & rivers & even drill waterwells to get it.

Go to that Halliburton site & look up the frac formulas in PA & read the MDSA sheets.

Its toxic crap.

If the close loop contains a limited amount of non toxic, biodegradable fluid, a failure is not a big issue.

And closed loop systems might be pressurized to 50 psi. http://www.geojerry.com/earthlooppressurize.h...

My God you are so full pf sh*t.
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1055488 Jan 6, 2014
I think the better statement is: Your enthrallment is ...
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Your fear of Waxman is showing
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1055489 Jan 6, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>You might want to stop throwing stones in your glass trailer you idiot...
Yeah.. You Gilligan look stupid...
It's the culture..
lol! In this case I'm not son.

But you do it on a constant basis!
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1055490 Jan 6, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
who wasn't a republican.
sonicmoron haten on the poor
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in redneckville where the welfare bums can be assessed by the number of cars they have sitting on jacks behind my trailer....
Post number available upon request..

It's the culture...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1055491 Jan 6, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>they seem to love dancing on the graves of the brave americans that served for them...there can be no other reason for still promoting the proven false lies they spew...
no shame and no honor in that group, just gravedancers...
They're more concerned about 4 lives in a surprise attack than they are in a coordinated, planned international attack against a foreign country for no reason at all by their own bushie boy.

When it comes to politics, they're willing to trade thousands for less than a handful.

St. Croix valley

#1055492 Jan 6, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The Magic Negro Show = Sesame St for adults who think like kids.
yet the post you are responding to is not correct....

you look as foolish as your moniker...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1055493 Jan 6, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Damn! I guess you're advocating the NSA increase their spying options so the government will know in advance!!!
How would the NSA spying on the non-muslim population give information about muslim terrorist attacks, moron.

And, why do you still pretend to live in Hawaii? Everyone knows you live in SoCal.
I'm glad to hear you survived your bout with colon cancer after you died of brain cancer. Do you plan to die again this year?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1055494 Jan 6, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Where the frac issue is facing the most protest is in the horizontal drilling in the shale plays. Here in PA, it takes over a million gallons per well.
And YES, the water is fresh water. They pull it from streams & rivers & even drill waterwells to get it.
Go to that Halliburton site & look up the frac formulas in PA & read the MDSA sheets.
Its toxic crap.
If the close loop contains a limited amount of non toxic, biodegradable fluid, a failure is not a big issue.
And closed loop systems might be pressurized to 50 psi. http://www.geojerry.com/earthlooppressurize.h...
Are they still trying to pour that polluted water into the waste management systems?

Lapeer, MI

#1055495 Jan 6, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are quite uninformed.
When drilling a waterwell, a larger diameter hole is drilled to the rock formations. Casing s installed.
Grout is pumped through the casing until it comes up the outside of the casing.
It is allowed then to set, sealing the well from groundwater contamination. The grout is drilled out & the hole continued into the rock until the desired aquifer is reached & beyond.
By testing your well water periodically, you know that seal is intact.
Now, are you just a little bit better informed??
If you don't think this seals the well, then every oil well is contaminating our groundwater.
I've had water wells for the vast majority of my life.

Your little story is cute.

http://www.ehow.com/about_6615259_lawn-fertil...

http://www.uvm.edu/~vlrs/doc/lawnfert.htm

You are simple-minded.

Lapeer, MI

#1055496 Jan 6, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Is that a threat? Or a promise?
Figure it out:)

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1055497 Jan 6, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Its toxic crap.
Ah, yes. You got confused and included a geothermal heating specification in your discussion of hydraulic fracturing.

Have you figured out yet what that geothermal heating system is actually doing?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 53 min litesong 53,078
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 58 min Guru 188,020
Dear Abby 5-6-15 6 hr Julie 6
Ask Amy 5-6-15 11 hr Mister Tonka 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 hr helpful explainer 99,415
News Chicago signs compare homeless to rodents 12 hr YesRodentsAll 3
Bill Clinton's Wife. 12 hr BlindHelenKeller 9
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]