Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1523995 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1054825 Jan 5, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
They are like hamsters on a wheel....spinning, spinning, spinning with no end in sight.
You are like a sheep in the middle of a Liberal stampede; there is ALWAYS an end in sight.

Lapeer, MI

#1054826 Jan 5, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Merkel is 59...oops.
I think Merkel really is kinda cute. Pleasant stature, demeanor with a twinkle in her eye.

She has beauty that is deep unlike the shallow trash the Magic Negro hangs with.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1054827 Jan 5, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
You saying Ronald Reagan was too old and senile to serve?
Men age more gracefully. And Ronald Reagan was sharp as a tack. Even six years after leaving office, he had the clear presence of mind to write a letter to the American people about his impending Alzheimer's:

"My fellow Americans,

I have recently been told that I am one of the millions of Americans who will be afflicted with Alzheimer's disease.

Upon learning this news, Nancy and I had to decide whether as private citizens we would keep this a private matter or whether we would make this news known in a public way.

In the past, Nancy suffered from breast cancer and I had cancer surgeries. We found through our open disclosures we were able to raise public awareness. We were happy that as a result many more people underwent testing. They were treated in early stages and able to return to normal, healthy lives.

So now we feel it is important to share it with you. In opening our hearts, we hope this might promote greater awareness of this condition. Perhaps it will encourage a clear understanding of the individuals and families who are affected by it.

At the moment, I feel just fine. I intend to live the remainder of the years God gives me on this earth doing the things I have always done. I will continue to share life's journey with my beloved Nancy and my family. I plan to enjoy the great outdoors and stay in touch with my friends and supporters.

Unfortunately, as Alzheimer's disease progresses, the family often bears a heavy burden. I only wish there was some way I could spare Nancy from this painful experience. When the time comes, I am confident that with your help she will face it with faith and courage.

In closing, let me thank you, the American people, for giving me the great honor of allowing me to serve as your president. When the Lord calls me home, whenever that may be, I will leave the greatest love for this country of ours and eternal optimism for its future.

I now begin the journey that will lead me into the sunset of my life. I know that for America there will always be a bright dawn ahead.

Thank you, my friends."

Hillary may not hold up so well. She gets upset too easily under pressure.

Lapeer, MI

#1054828 Jan 5, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Merkel is 59...oops.
BTW, did you happen to catch the gnarly Susie Rice interview a couple weeks back on 60 Minutes(I think)?

I swear I saw her mustache during a closeup. No joke.

And tread marks across her cheeks. Damned tire biter.
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1054829 Jan 5, 2014
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Saw that!
...through bloodshot eyes, no doubt ... it's your vodka.
Lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1054830 Jan 5, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, you appear as clueless as the other two about who he is.
Who? pat Robertson? Are you one of his flock?

Lapeer, MI

#1054831 Jan 5, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hilary's health is open to discussion. Weight? The Progressives have already made that an issue with another undeclared candidate so can't squawk unfair now.
After you act all better than that about weight issues you then go right into doing it. Can also count on Progs to lecture the other guy then do it themselves.
When he was still in the business, Michael Vick tried getting her to work for him.
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1054832 Jan 5, 2014
<quoted text>
You're just too damn dumb to get it. The Republicans who are the most anti gay are usually gay, in the closet. I urge Galt to come out of the closet. He's not fooling anyone. I don't care whose gay or not,
Why do you hate the Pope!? It's no ones business what sexual preferences they have, most priests are secretly gay
and lily boca raton fl is publicly intoxicated

Lapeer, MI

#1054833 Jan 5, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a fact that people like you who try to place people into stereotypes are low info and undereducated. Just sayin'
Stop lecturing and start acting less ignorant.
The only way lily could possibly come across as being less ignorant would be to act.
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1054834 Jan 5, 2014
<quoted text>
Who? pat Robertson? Are you one of his flock?
flock you

Lapeer, MI

#1054835 Jan 5, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Men age more gracefully. And Ronald Reagan was sharp as a tack. Even six years after leaving office, he had the clear presence of mind to write a letter to the American people about his impending Alzheimer's:
"My fellow Americans,
I have recently been told that I am one of the millions of Americans who will be afflicted with Alzheimer's disease.
Upon learning this news, Nancy and I had to decide whether as private citizens we would keep this a private matter or whether we would make this news known in a public way.
In the past, Nancy suffered from breast cancer and I had cancer surgeries. We found through our open disclosures we were able to raise public awareness. We were happy that as a result many more people underwent testing. They were treated in early stages and able to return to normal, healthy lives.
So now we feel it is important to share it with you. In opening our hearts, we hope this might promote greater awareness of this condition. Perhaps it will encourage a clear understanding of the individuals and families who are affected by it.
At the moment, I feel just fine. I intend to live the remainder of the years God gives me on this earth doing the things I have always done. I will continue to share life's journey with my beloved Nancy and my family. I plan to enjoy the great outdoors and stay in touch with my friends and supporters.
Unfortunately, as Alzheimer's disease progresses, the family often bears a heavy burden. I only wish there was some way I could spare Nancy from this painful experience. When the time comes, I am confident that with your help she will face it with faith and courage.
In closing, let me thank you, the American people, for giving me the great honor of allowing me to serve as your president. When the Lord calls me home, whenever that may be, I will leave the greatest love for this country of ours and eternal optimism for its future.
I now begin the journey that will lead me into the sunset of my life. I know that for America there will always be a bright dawn ahead.
Thank you, my friends."
Hillary may not hold up so well. She gets upset too easily under pressure.
Ronald Regan was a class act right up until the end.

Hillary doesn't have class.

Orlando, FL

#1054836 Jan 5, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Merkel really is kinda cute. Pleasant stature, demeanor with a twinkle in her eye.
She has beauty that is deep unlike the shallow trash the Magic Negro hangs with.
Hillary was in her prime in 2008 like Merkel is today. Hillary's opportunity came and went, unfortunately...or fortunately. But she would have been better than what we have.

Can't imagine a 74-year-old Hillary at the end of a first term. If she won reelection, she'd be looking down the barrel of 80 before leaving office.

Just not the same as a gracefully aging Reagan who could deliver a speech like a 50-year-old until his last day in office.

Lapeer, MI

#1054837 Jan 5, 2014
NuculurVodkaOption wrote:
<quoted text> and lily boca raton fl is publicly intoxicated
Don't need makeup for that.

lily goes au naturale

Orlando, FL

#1054838 Jan 5, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, did you happen to catch the gnarly Susie Rice interview a couple weeks back on 60 Minutes(I think)?
I swear I saw her mustache during a closeup. No joke.
And tread marks across her cheeks. Damned tire biter.
That's pretty shocking - tread marks across her cheeks due to tire biting.

She's very loyal though. Gotta give her that. Like a German Shepherd. Obeys on command.
Lnc

United States

#1054839 Jan 5, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way lily could possibly come across as being less ignorant would be to act.
"You should be embarrassed writing this tripe on a blog and attaching your name to it." -- shinningelectr0n

Orlando, FL

#1054840 Jan 5, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronald Regan was a class act right up until the end.
Hillary doesn't have class.
Just can't imagine Reagan squealing "What difference, at this point, does it make???" when questioned about the deaths of four Americans who died under his watch.
Lnc

United States

#1054841 Jan 5, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary was in her prime in 2008 like Merkel is today. Hillary's opportunity came and went, unfortunately...or fortunately. But she would have been better than what we have.
Can't imagine a 74-year-old Hillary at the end of a first term. If she won reelection, she'd be looking down the barrel of 80 before leaving office.
Just not the same as a gracefully aging Reagan who could deliver a speech like a 50-year-old until his last day in office.
shinningelectr*n does seem a perfect racist azz, funny in his own demented way
Lnc

United States

#1054842 Jan 5, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
crawl back in your hole, you child-rapist teacher wannabe...
Read up on latent homosexuality seemingly your inclination toward homosexual topics expressed in your daily posts to the amusement of your critics.
-
Angela

Lapeer, MI

#1054843 Jan 5, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You earlier mentioned that men age more gracefully than women. I tend to disagree being from the opposite side of femininity.

Women who try dressing and acting 16 at 60 are immature heifers.
No fool like an old fool.

But a woman who acts her age at any age is attractive to men of any age.

Is physical attractiveness supposed to be the prime objective of every woman alive?

Surely not. There are things far more important. Mother Theresa was not physically attractive, I suppose, but she glowed from within regardless.

I think that what I'm trying to say here is that there are two forms of beauty. One is shallow and one is deep. Real men prefer the latter. Boys prefer the former.

Lapeer, MI

#1054844 Jan 5, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
"You should be embarrassed writing this tripe on a blog and attaching your name to it." -- shinningelectr0n
But I'm not because (1.)it's not tripe and (2.)my name's credibility guarantees it:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 32 min Well Well 240,414
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr CrunchyBacon 105,141
A Little Ditty 14 hr Longfellow 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 15 hr TRD 71,285
A few ITEMS of interest. 17 hr Jocularity is Best 2
Look at Minn. Maine & Michigan. 18 hr EAT PORK 18
I think she is pissed. From a few years ago. 18 hr AlGoresLyingLockBoX 11

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages