Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1642256 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1054608 Jan 5, 2014
sounds familiar....

While Lying About Obamacare Mitt Romney Calls President Obama a Dishonest Liar

Mitt Romney resurfaced on Fox News Sunday to call President Obama a dishonest and deceptive liar. The absurdity was compounded by Romney completely lying about the ACA while he attacked the president.

.....Romney went on to lie about the ACA. He broke out the standard Republican talking points that premiums are going through the roof, people can’t keep their doctors, and they can’t keep their policies. Romney called the ACA a government takeover of healthcare, and claimed with that Obamacare is delaying the economic recovery.

Mitt Romney was lying about the ACA’s impact on the economy. Economists on the left and right agree that the ACA is creating jobs. For example, in California the ACA has created over 100,000 jobs and added $4.4 billion to the state’s economy. An October study by the RAND Corporation found that consumer out of pocket expenses are dropping under the ACA.

It is also a lie that millions are losing their policies. A report by Democrats on the House Energy and Commerce Committee found that of the 4.7 million Americans who received cancelation notices, only 10,000 were going to lose their healthcare. That means that 99.8% of those who received cancelation notices will be able to re up with their existing plans, or they will qualify for subsidized coverage.

The math proves Romney wrong. 1.1 million people have signed up for the ACA, while only 10,000 are losing their coverage.

Mitt Romney had the nerve to accuse President Obama of dishonesty, while he told an endless stream of lies about the ACA on Fox News Sunday. Romney is a man with no conscious, who will lie about anything and everything, all the while accusing his opponent of the same dishonesty that comes as easily to him as breathing.

Romney is coming close to venturing into Sarah Palin bitterness territory. It is clear that he feels that he would have won the 2012 election if only he could have lied about people losing their healthcare. Mitt Romney is showing just how unfit he is to be president, and everytime he speaks America should be grateful that they dodged the bullet of a Romney presidency.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/01/05/lying-...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1054609 Jan 5, 2014
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Pope Francis is an amazing man and an inspiration to all, Catholics and non Catholics. His statement "who am I to judge." Regarding gay people will resonate for years to come and a lesson to all the homophobic bigots of the world.
Vatican denies pope is open to recognition of gay civil unions

The pope told the leaders of religious orders that a great challenge for the Church would be to reach out to children living in difficult or unorthodox domestic situations.

"The situation in which we live now provides us with new challenges which sometimes are difficult for us to understand," the pope said, according to the transcript of the conversation.

Vatican spokesman Father Federico Lombardi told Vatican Radio that media interpretations were "paradoxical" and a "manipulation" of the pope's words, particularly as some media quoted him as speaking specifically of homosexual unions, which he did not.

Lombardi said the pope was merely "alluding to the suffering of children" and not taking a stand on the political debate in Italy.

The Vatican has stressed the pope's words did not change Church teachings that homosexual tendencies are not sinful but homosexual acts are.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014/01/05...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1054611 Jan 5, 2014
Not to say that we've lit up these Teabags, but Waxturd is using socks on 'Lily' and 'USAsince' that he rarely uses!!

He's used the SF sock with 5 different names, getting more foul with each outraged message!!

Yes, he's drunk and piissed off. As he loses bladder control, he'll soon be pissed on!!

He's too stupid to see that every one of his socks sounds exactly the same, same syntax, same ignorance, same hatrea, same fouyl mouth!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

HACHACHACHA
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1054612 Jan 5, 2014
headline of the week.....

Sheriffs Group Calls for Uprising After 'Homosexuals' Shove Things Down Their Throats

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/unrest-gr...

Location hidden

#1054615 Jan 5, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"uselesssinceforever "
YOu are nit picking. Did the boy president nobama say 57 states? If you think the territories you listed are states, you are stoopid.
Peace
KMA
Happy New Year
Yes, you useless old idiot. He did say that.

Teleprompters, corpsman, and 57 States is all you have.

Care to see the hundreds of verbaldumbshit remarks made by Bush??

I'll give you a dozen:

"I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here." --at the President's Economic Forum in Waco, Texas, Aug. 13, 2002

. "We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease." --Gothenburg, Sweden, June 14, 2001

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test." -Townsend, Tenn., Feb. 21, 2001

"I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Ronald Reagan Airport." --Washington, D.C., Oct. 3, 2001

"Tribal sovereignty means that; it's sovereign. I mean, you're a -- you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And therefore the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities." --Washington, D.C., Aug. 6, 2004 (Watch video clip)

. "I couldn't imagine somebody like Osama bin Laden understanding the joy of Hanukkah." --at a White House menorah lighting ceremony, Washington, D.C., Dec. 10, 2001 (Listen to audio clip)

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

"The same folks that are bombing innocent people in Iraq were the ones who attacked us in America on September the 11th." --Washington, D.C., July 12, 2007

"I'm the commander -- see, I don't need to explain -- I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president." --as quoted in Bob Woodward's Bush at War

"Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties." --discussing the Iraq war with Christian Coalition founder Pat Robertson in 2003, as quoted by Robertson

"I think I was unprepared for war." –on the biggest regret of his presidency, ABC News interview, Dec. 1, 2008

----------

Stay stupid Ed. You'revery good at it. Probably the only thing in life you're successful at.

Perhaps except lying about deceased daughters on TOPIX to get sympathy for an old gimpy legged fool!!

HACHACHACHA
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1054616 Jan 5, 2014
BREAKING: Colorado sheriff's dispatcher: 1 person killed and 2 injured, 1 severely, in Aspen plane crash

Location hidden

#1054617 Jan 5, 2014
This is fun!! I'd forgotten how dumb Bush was!!

----------

"I will not withdraw, even if Laura and Barney are the only ones supporting me." --talking to key Republicans about Iraq, as quoted by Bob Woodward

"I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." --presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004 (Watch video clip)

. "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." --Greater Nashua, N.H., Chamber of Commerce, Jan. 27, 2000 (Listen to audio clip)

. "Do you have blacks, too?" --to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001

. "This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating." --as quoted by the New York Daily News, April 23, 2002

. "I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees." --on "Good Morning America," Sept. 1, 2005, six days after repeated warnings from experts about the scope of damage expected from Hurricane Katrina

. "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." --Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000

"I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound largemouth bass in my lake." --on his best moment in office, interview with the German newspaper Bild am Sonntag, May 7, 2006

. "They misunderestimated me." --Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

Location hidden

#1054620 Jan 5, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
headline of the week.....
Sheriffs Group Calls for Uprising After 'Homosexuals' Shove Things Down Their Throats
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/unrest-gr...
Gunner is President of that group of Sheriffs!!

HACHACHACHA
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1054621 Jan 5, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
Not to say that we've lit up these Teabags, but Waxturd is using socks on 'Lily' and 'USAsince' that he rarely uses!!
He's used the SF sock with 5 different names, getting more foul with each outraged message!!
Yes, he's drunk and piissed off. As he loses bladder control, he'll soon be pissed on!!
He's too stupid to see that every one of his socks sounds exactly the same, same syntax, same ignorance, same hatrea, same fouyl mouth!!
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
HACHACHACHA
Waxman posts as Waxman, you paranoid libtarded skitzoid lunatic. Ghost/dem/emeem & your fellow dishonest Democrat friends are the socks here, laughing liberal.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1054624 Jan 5, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
This is fun!! I'd forgotten how dumb Bush was!!
----------
"I will not withdraw, even if Laura and Barney are the only ones supporting me." --talking to key Republicans about Iraq, as quoted by Bob Woodward
"I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." --presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004 (Watch video clip)
. "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." --Greater Nashua, N.H., Chamber of Commerce, Jan. 27, 2000 (Listen to audio clip)
. "Do you have blacks, too?" --to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001
. "This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating." --as quoted by the New York Daily News, April 23, 2002
. "I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees." --on "Good Morning America," Sept. 1, 2005, six days after repeated warnings from experts about the scope of damage expected from Hurricane Katrina
. "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." --Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000
"I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound largemouth bass in my lake." --on his best moment in office, interview with the German newspaper Bild am Sonntag, May 7, 2006
. "They misunderestimated me." --Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000
Almost as funny as when Obama said he visited all 57 states!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1054626 Jan 5, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Gunner is President of that group of Sheriffs!!
HACHACHACHA
not surprised.

The Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association (CSPOA, for short) is a US wingnut group that believes that sheriffs are "the highest executive authority in a county and therefore constitutionally empowered to be able to keep federal agents out of the county". It promotes this viewpoint as a method of saving the country from tuh overbearing fedrul gubnmint. Their membership consists of a staggering fourteen sheriffs, one county commissioner, and one chief of police, drawn from thirteen states (mostly southern and western). The organization draws much of its philosophy from the similar sovereign citizen and Posse Comitatus movements.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Constitutional_S...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1054628 Jan 5, 2014
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Pope Francis is an amazing man and an inspiration to all, Catholics and non Catholics. His statement "who am I to judge." Regarding gay people will resonate for years to come and a lesson to all the homophobic bigots of the world.
So when the Catholic Church says homosexuality is a sin but the Pope says who is he judge (up to God) then it resonates as being great for gays.

So when Robertson says homosexuality is a sin but it is up to God to judge then it is horrible and GLAAD wets itself over it.

You guys have issues with your inconsistency.
sonicliar

Satellite Beach, FL

#1054629 Jan 5, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
sounds familiar....
While Lying About Obamacare Mitt Romney Calls President Obama a Dishonest Liar
Mitt Romney resurfaced on Fox News Sunday to call President Obama a dishonest and deceptive liar. The absurdity was compounded by Romney completely lying about the ACA while he attacked the president.
.....Romney went on to lie about the ACA. He broke out the standard Republican talking points that premiums are going through the roof, people can’t keep their doctors, and they can’t keep their policies. Romney called the ACA a government takeover of healthcare, and claimed with that Obamacare is delaying the economic recovery.
Mitt Romney was lying about the ACA’s impact on the economy. Economists on the left and right agree that the ACA is creating jobs. For example, in California the ACA has created over 100,000 jobs and added $4.4 billion to the state’s economy. An October study by the RAND Corporation found that consumer out of pocket expenses are dropping under the ACA.
It is also a lie that millions are losing their policies. A report by Democrats on the House Energy and Commerce Committee found that of the 4.7 million Americans who received cancelation notices, only 10,000 were going to lose their healthcare. That means that 99.8% of those who received cancelation notices will be able to re up with their existing plans, or they will qualify for subsidized coverage.
The math proves Romney wrong. 1.1 million people have signed up for the ACA, while only 10,000 are losing their coverage.
Mitt Romney had the nerve to accuse President Obama of dishonesty, while he told an endless stream of lies about the ACA on Fox News Sunday. Romney is a man with no conscious, who will lie about anything and everything, all the while accusing his opponent of the same dishonesty that comes as easily to him as breathing.
Romney is coming close to venturing into Sarah Palin bitterness territory. It is clear that he feels that he would have won the 2012 election if only he could have lied about people losing their healthcare. Mitt Romney is showing just how unfit he is to be president, and everytime he speaks America should be grateful that they dodged the bullet of a Romney presidency.
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/01/05/lying-...
Barack Hussein Obama wins "Lie of the Year" ... LOL

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1054631 Jan 5, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, you don't because you just denigrated yourself again:)
I criticized myself unfairly? Hmmm. If you say so.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1054633 Jan 5, 2014
Whatever wrote:
Uh oh, Progressive Pope hate about to begin
Vatican denies pope is open to recognition of gay civil unions
Vatican spokesman Father Federico Lombardi told Vatican Radio that media interpretations were "paradoxical" and a "manipulation" of the pope's words, particularly as some media quoted him as speaking specifically of homosexual unions, which he did not.
Lombardi said the pope was merely "alluding to the suffering of children" and not taking a stand on the political debate in Italy
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014/01/05...
What Francis said was,“If a person is gay and seeks God and has good will, who am I to judge?”

That's all anyone can ask. Judge not.

Location hidden

#1054635 Jan 5, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
So when the Catholic Church says homosexuality is a sin but the Pope says who is he judge (up to God) then it resonates as being great for gays.
So when Robertson says homosexuality is a sin but it is up to God to judge then it is horrible and GLAAD wets itself over it.
You guys have issues with your inconsistency.
If you play nice, let's discuss this.

This Pope appears more tolerant and focused on poverty than any previous one.

But, he is Pope of the Roman Catholic Church, the original Christian Church, and by far the oldest, founded by the apostle Peter. As such he represents a long history of not allowing homosexuality to be considered. Period.

The Roman Catholic Church can match Pat Robertson on intolerance for gays any day of the week.

I'm more impressed by him obvious love for the poor, following the example of his Papal namesake St. Francis of Assisi.

He will never say anything condoning gay anything, in any way. All he said was to not focus so much on those social issues, while largely ignoring income inequality, poverty, hunger, homelessness, etc.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1054636 Jan 5, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I criticized myself unfairly? Hmmm. If you say so.
You've got to set the bar a lot lower for these morons. Their language/grammar skills max out at spell checking.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1054637 Jan 5, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you useless old idiot. He did say that.
Teleprompters, corpsman, and 57 States is all you have.
Care to see the hundreds of verbaldumbshit remarks made by Bush??
I'll give you a dozen:
"I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here." --at the President's Economic Forum in Waco, Texas, Aug. 13, 2002
. "We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease." --Gothenburg, Sweden, June 14, 2001
"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test." -Townsend, Tenn., Feb. 21, 2001
"I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Ronald Reagan Airport." --Washington, D.C., Oct. 3, 2001
"Tribal sovereignty means that; it's sovereign. I mean, you're a -- you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And therefore the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities." --Washington, D.C., Aug. 6, 2004 (Watch video clip)
. "I couldn't imagine somebody like Osama bin Laden understanding the joy of Hanukkah." --at a White House menorah lighting ceremony, Washington, D.C., Dec. 10, 2001 (Listen to audio clip)
"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006
"The same folks that are bombing innocent people in Iraq were the ones who attacked us in America on September the 11th." --Washington, D.C., July 12, 2007
"I'm the commander -- see, I don't need to explain -- I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president." --as quoted in Bob Woodward's Bush at War
"Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties." --discussing the Iraq war with Christian Coalition founder Pat Robertson in 2003, as quoted by Robertson
"I think I was unprepared for war." –on the biggest regret of his presidency, ABC News interview, Dec. 1, 2008
----------
Stay stupid Ed. You'revery good at it. Probably the only thing in life you're successful at.
Perhaps except lying about deceased daughters on TOPIX to get sympathy for an old gimpy legged fool!!
HACHACHACHA
I'm still laughing over the "nation" of Africa. His aides said, anyone can misspeak....not according to rethugs!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1054642 Jan 5, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
What Francis said was,“If a person is gay and seeks God and has good will, who am I to judge?”
That's all anyone can ask. Judge not.
It is up to God to judge. Same concept.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1054643 Jan 5, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
If you play nice, let's discuss this.
This Pope appears more tolerant and focused on poverty than any previous one.
But, he is Pope of the Roman Catholic Church, the original Christian Church, and by far the oldest, founded by the apostle Peter. As such he represents a long history of not allowing homosexuality to be considered. Period.
The Roman Catholic Church can match Pat Robertson on intolerance for gays any day of the week.
I'm more impressed by him obvious love for the poor, following the example of his Papal namesake St. Francis of Assisi.
He will never say anything condoning gay anything, in any way. All he said was to not focus so much on those social issues, while largely ignoring income inequality, poverty, hunger, homelessness, etc.
The Pope hasn't changed a stroke of the Catholic doctrine.

So strange Progressives can hate then suddenly love something that hasn't changed.

Why are you bringing Pat Robertson into this?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 44 min EatASausageDunsky 64,124
Blue State in HUGE trouble sez George Will 4 hr Amazing Skulduggery 4
Cat's out of the bag. 4 hr HMmmmmmmmm 2
What if Ken Starr was RIGHT? 4 hr HMmmmmmmmm 2
HRC loves Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. 4 hr Posters Screwed 5
J. Biden, Franken & Weinstein from the same mold. 4 hr Believable and True 3
Trump WILL NEVER RELEASE TAX RETURNS 4 hr ITs not Required 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages