Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1643577 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1054185 Jan 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Rob Reiner is 99% Mouth.
The other 1% is anybody's guess.
That reminds me of another guy who's big on oral...

"Free will doesn't involve (include, IOWs) the right to lie." ~ Drew Smith

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

...another big fan of Sam Harris, you know, the Harris that fears for his life now? I'm glad that maggot is scared. I am surprised that Drew, who prided himself so very much on his powers of logic, is fawning over someone so delusional. I suppose his urge to suck grew too strong.. ;)

Maybe it's just his obssession of opposing anything I say. Whatever.

Just as Krauss' logic fails, so too does Drew's understanding of "free" will and "free thinking".

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1054186 Jan 4, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You throw the word progressive around proving your ignorance. It's just another way to call Obama a n word. Code words from the racist morons you adore on Fox News.
actually the liar of the year douchebag Ostuoida is a communist.
Is that a code word for ni***r too.?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1054187 Jan 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You are doing it again. The Devil is in the details. Without any details, Bush-Bashing avoids any look at the Magic Negro.
Period.
You have become a one-trick pony that sings the Marxist National Anthem exclusively.
You mean like IANS and T Leary? I cannot fathom what possess people who call themselves Americans to proudly proclaim Che Guevera to be their personal, favorite "hero". It leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1054188 Jan 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
When have ever cared what Russia or China thought?
How conveniently you have forgotten how the U.S. "lost its global stature" under the Bush administration. We were HATED around the world. Our approval ratings were in single digits among many of our key allies....Spain, 6%; Belgium, 8%, Germany, 8% and France, 9%.
All of those countries are now in double digits in their approval of the Obama Administration.
Spain, 42%; Belgium, 45%; Germany, 40%; France, 42%;
Get your head out of the sand. Our status around the world has skyrocketed under Obama compared to the Bush administration.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/105967/us-leadersh...
http://www.gallup.com/poll/142631/worldwide-l...
Your 1st link is from 2008 - useless

Your 2nd link shows numbers dropping across the Americas. Europe a mixed bag perhaps dropping. Asia - statistically insignificant.

...and, of course, dropping steeply across the Middle East/N. Africa where the Magic Negro supports Al Qaeda.

WTH are you trying to pull here?

You couldn't sell ice to Eskimos, Jerk.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1054189 Jan 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Many Judges are easily bought off - and not just monetarily - to do the will of people like the Magic Negro, U.S. Constitution or no. Many judges, too, love to be allowed into a position where they can effectively legislate their political will.
Interpreting the Constitution in ways amiable to this present tyrant's wishes is a dangerous game and, like in any game, there are winners and there are losers.
So far, the American common man is the loser.
This calling everyone who opposes him a "racist" is effectively The Freedom to be Silent modus operandi. It even worked on Hillary when she hinted he wasn't a real American citizen; she backed off.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1054190 Jan 4, 2014
new yawk wrote:
I know. But they cannot "commandeer" my IP. It's always Buffalo or Tonawanda, always NY.
And I took more issue with dem offending others "in my name".
I can do that very well on my own, if I choose. And with much more savvy a skill.
But I don't choose ...
**Non si preoccupi** shinning !!! Happy New Year ...!!!
**Slang translation: "Forget about it"
<quoted text>
One of my favorite all-time songs: New York, N.Y.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1054191 Jan 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO. You are such a hypocrite.
Published: November 18, 2013
WASHINGTON — The Obama administration released hundreds of pages of newly declassified documents related to National Security Agency surveillance late Monday, including an 87-page ruling in which the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court first approved a program to systematically track Americans’ emails during the Bush administration....
"... a trove of documents that were declassified and made public by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence in response to Freedom of Information Act lawsuits, including those by the American Civil Liberties Union and the Electronic Freedom Foundation.
"The trove also included the Bush administration’s 2006 application for initial approval by the surveillance court to collect bulk logs of all domestic phone calls under a provision of the Patriot Act that allows the collection of business records deemed “relevant” to an investigation, another program it had previously undertaken unilaterally. The call record program is still active."
"The documents show that as early as 2006, an inspector general review recommended tighter controls over the bulk telephone metadata program to reduce the risk that they would violate the limits on the collection of data. In 2009, the court would sharply rebuke the N.S.A. for violating its own procedures (during the Bush administration) and misleading the nation’s intelligence court about how it used the telephone call logs."
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/19/us/latest-r...
Yeah, but nobody trusts this president.

His Attorney General, Eric Holder, the head of the Department of Justice, was caught red-handed confiscating personal emails and phone calls from members of the press.

And this president said he was doing a great job.

At least we were still in Kansas under Bush.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1054192 Jan 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Many Judges are easily bought off - and not just monetarily - to do the will of people like the Magic Negro, U.S. Constitution or no. Many judges, too, love to be allowed into a position where they can effectively legislate their political will.
Interpreting the Constitution in ways amiable to this present tyrant's wishes is a dangerous game and, like in any game, there are winners and there are losers.
So far, the American common man is the loser.
Apparently so. But the Attorney General, himself, Eric Holder, personally signed off on the warrant that allowed the Justice Department to search Fox News reporter James Rosen's personal email without just cause.

And he's the top of the heap when it comes to upholding the law. Not that much of a stretch to think liberal judges would do the same. In a heartbeat. When they know they won't be held accountable either.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1054193 Jan 4, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>That reminds me of another guy who's big on oral...
"Free will doesn't involve (include, IOWs) the right to lie." ~ Drew Smith
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
...another big fan of Sam Harris, you know, the Harris that fears for his life now? I'm glad that maggot is scared. I am surprised that Drew, who prided himself so very much on his powers of logic, is fawning over someone so delusional. I suppose his urge to suck grew too strong.. ;)
Maybe it's just his obssession of opposing anything I say. Whatever.
Just as Krauss' logic fails, so too does Drew's understanding of "free" will and "free thinking".
"Free will doesn't involve the right to lie." is about as convoluted a statement as one can get. This is Alice In Wonderland stuff.

It's almost as bad as "You didn't build that" or "If you like your doctor, you can keep him"

Maybe Drew has his feet in the macro world with his head stuck in the quantum where logic wears different clothing.

Drew sometimes travels with the Magic Negro to the 57th State.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1054194 Jan 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Your 1st link is from 2008 - useless
Your 2nd link shows numbers dropping across the Americas. Europe a mixed bag perhaps dropping. Asia - statistically insignificant.
...and, of course, dropping steeply across the Middle East/N. Africa where the Magic Negro supports Al Qaeda.
WTH are you trying to pull here?
You couldn't sell ice to Eskimos, Jerk.
Of course the first link was from 2008. That was the link to our standing in the world under the Bush administration or did you forget who was president in 2008. The other link clearly shows a tremendous jump in the confidence of the world in our leadership under Obama. Face it, Obama has brought American back from the precipice.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1054195 Jan 4, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently so. But the Attorney General, himself, Eric Holder, personally signed off on the warrant that allowed the Justice Department to search Fox News reporter James Rosen's personal email without just cause.
And he's the top of the heap when it comes to upholding the law. Not that much of a stretch to think liberal judges would do the same. In a heartbeat. When they know they won't be held accountable either.
We have secret courts making secret decisions by secret judges and the Magic Negro along with Eric Racist Holder claims that this is all "Constitutional".

Eric Racist Holder received his Law Degree jointly from Kim Jong Un and Dennis Rodman. The Magic Negro got his from Affirmative Action.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1054196 Jan 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course the first link was from 2008. That was the link to our standing in the world under the Bush administration or did you forget who was president in 2008. The other link clearly shows a tremendous jump in the confidence of the world in our leadership under Obama. Face it, Obama has brought American back from the precipice.
You are a partisan dyslexic.

I stand by my claims while you grovel by your lies.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1054198 Jan 4, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but nobody trusts this president.
His Attorney General, Eric Holder, the head of the Department of Justice, was caught red-handed confiscating personal emails and phone calls from members of the press.
And this president said he was doing a great job.
At least we were still in Kansas under Bush.
Oh, you just jump all over the place don't you. If you are proven wrong one issue, you dust yourself off and change the subject. Entertaining to say the least.

Now, Eric holder was not "caught red-handed confiscating personal emails and phone calls from members of the press." It was the Justice Department that sent a letter notifying AP that its phone records had been obtained though subpoenas.

Those calls were legally obtained and part of a criminal investigation into who may have leaked "unauthorized and dangerous disclosure of classified information" contained in a May 7, 2012, AP story about a foiled terror plot.

"The Obama administration has aggressively investigated disclosures of classified information to the media and has brought six cases against people suspected of leaking classified information, more than under all previous presidents combined." I would call that a great job.

Got any other lies you'd like debunked?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/justice-departmen...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1054199 Jan 4, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like IANS and T Leary? I cannot fathom what possess people who call themselves Americans to proudly proclaim Che Guevera to be their personal, favorite "hero". It leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
Why did people drink Jimmy Jones' Kool-Aid?

Why did husbands give away their wives to Sun Myung Moon( his news media corporation founded The Washington Times)?

Why did those women follow every directive uttered from the mouth of Charles Manson?

Why do cult members do such bizarre things?

Why do Liberals believe poppycock with such intense gusto?

There is a Medieval(?) quote stating that "Four walls a prison do not make".
Although very true, this can also be applied in a different variation: "A prison does not need four walls".

Many minds imprison themselves in infinite ways. Liberalism is but one.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1054200 Jan 4, 2014
The HealthCare.gov website can't handle new baby updates, along with a list of other life changes including marriage and divorce, a death in the family, a new job or a change in income, even moving to a different community.

Such changes affect not only coverage but also the financial assistance available under the law, but the system's wiring for that vital federal function isn't yet fully connected.

Insurers say computerized "change in circumstance" updates to deal with family and life developments were supposed to have been part of the federal system from the start.

"It's just another example of,'We'll fix that later,'" said Bob Laszewski, an industry consultant who said he's gotten complaints from several insurers. "This needed to be done well before January. It's sort of a fly-by-night approach."

http://news.msn.com/us/adding-a-baby-to-new-h...

No surprise Obamacare is a "fly by night approach" because Obama and the Democrats are flying by the seat of their pants.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1054202 Jan 4, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>This calling everyone who opposes him a "racist" is effectively The Freedom to be Silent modus operandi. It even worked on Hillary when she hinted he wasn't a real American citizen; she backed off.
This is a prime example of the necessity of the 1st Amendment's Free Speech clause.

Calling someone inside Nazi Germany a "Jew Lover" could have fatal results.

Using the "N"-word can cause an American businesswoman to lose her livelihood.

(I only refrain from using the word here because Topix Guards will remove my post)

Words are powerful tools. When despots and tyrants come to understand this, they begin issuing decrees and edicts regarding the use of certain words. The Magic Negro does this and so, too, does Kim Jong Un.

Power such as this is considered a loaded weapon in the hands of the commoners and so controlling Free Speech is on par with Gun Control both of which were specifically rejected by the Founding Fathers.

....and along come the Magic Negro......who calls the U.S. Constitution a "living document".....

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1054203 Jan 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you just jump all over the place don't you. If you are proven wrong one issue, you dust yourself off and change the subject. Entertaining to say the least.
Now, Eric holder was not "caught red-handed confiscating personal emails and phone calls from members of the press." It was the Justice Department that sent a letter notifying AP that its phone records had been obtained though subpoenas.
Those calls were legally obtained and part of a criminal investigation into who may have leaked "unauthorized and dangerous disclosure of classified information" contained in a May 7, 2012, AP story about a foiled terror plot.
"The Obama administration has aggressively investigated disclosures of classified information to the media and has brought six cases against people suspected of leaking classified information, more than under all previous presidents combined." I would call that a great job.
Got any other lies you'd like debunked?
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/justice-departmen...
Is this the same CBS that has issued more apologies for fake audio, fake stories, lies and Progressive propaganda than any other media source since Indians began using smoke signals?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA. ......

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1054204 Jan 4, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently so. But the Attorney General, himself, Eric Holder, personally signed off on the warrant that allowed the Justice Department to search Fox News reporter James Rosen's personal email without just cause.
And he's the top of the heap when it comes to upholding the law. Not that much of a stretch to think liberal judges would do the same. In a heartbeat. When they know they won't be held accountable either.
Without "probable cause"? Good Lord! Rosen approached State Department contractor Stephen Jin-Woo Kim to leak information.

From the affidavit:

"Other than asking the Reporter for a voluntary production of emails from (gmail account), there is no other way to get the evidence we rightfully seek. Because of the Reporter’s own potential criminal liability in this matter, we believe that requesting the voluntary production of the materials from the Reporter would be futile and would pose a substantial threat to the integrity of the investigation and of the evidence we seek to obtain by the warrant."

The emails revealed in the government’s affidavit appear to show that James Rosen’s solicitation of government secrets wasn’t narrow. The affadavit describes how Rosen assigned himself the codename “Alex,” and Mr. Kim the moniker “Leo,” and in their early contacts, explained the noble aims of their prospective relationship:

"Thanks Leo. What I am interested in, as you might expect, is breaking news ahead of my competitors."

"Let’s break some new, and expose muddle-headed policy when we see it – or force the administration’s hand to go in the right direction, if possible."

The DOJ should be commended for exposing Rosen as someone who would "jeopardize America’s contacts in a hostile foreign government just to get ahead of the competition."

http://www.mediaite.com/columnists/doj-docume...

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1054205 Jan 4, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
The HealthCare.gov website can't handle new baby updates, along with a list of other life changes including marriage and divorce, a death in the family, a new job or a change in income, even moving to a different commmunity..........
No surprise Obamacare is a "fly by night approach" because Obama and the Democrats are flying by the seat of their pants.
It's a real pity you extreme right wingers have been afflicted with not being able to get that left side of the brain working because that is the part of the brain that controls
Language
Logic
Critical thinking
Numbers &
Reasoning
With all of your posts none of the above come into play, just wild fanciful irrational thought process that makes no sense no matter what the subject matter.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1054207 Jan 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Drew sometimes travels with the Magic Negro to the 57th State.
I would have assumed by now you would have figured out that the United States is comprised of not only 50 states but the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Northern Mariana Islands, and Wake Island. You people have been making a mountain out of a mole hill for how many years now? It just makes you look stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blue State in HUGE trouble sez George Will 1 hr DEM Skulduggery 8
Live From "Earth II"....? 1 hr 2 MANY 2 LIST 4
Joe Biden and PLAGIARISM. 1 hr Joe Bs A PLAGIARIST 8
Cat's out of the bag. 1 hr Fault of MarxiSoc... 5
Trump is A 1 hr CAUSED HRC OBIT 77
Buy Buy Charlie Rose.......LIBERAL! 1 hr OH bad boy Charlie 4
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr loose cannon 243,009

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages