Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1052640 Jan 3, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably should have kept reading.
"Those spending levels ignore the budgetary cap set by law and the political reality it reflects. The $552 billion requested in 2014 for non-war “national defense” spending exceeds by $55 billion the spending cap set by the 2011 Budget Control Act, as amended by the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012.
"Even if Congress agrees to a grand bargain altering the caps, military spending will likely face additional cuts. Republican resistance to tax hikes and Democratic protection of entitlements mean that any deal they cut will likely again target discretionary spending, more than half of which goes to the military."
...Gotta protect those entitlements and keep growing a welfare state. More votes for Democrats who just can't have enough people feeling victimized, you know. If they actually helped them to help themselves, they might start voting Republican.
Another topic Lois Lame hasn't a fkn clue about.
dem

Montréal, Canada

#1052641 Jan 3, 2014
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>First you take your pants off.....go ahead, I will wait. Now turn around so your back is facing the candy bar machine. Slowly bend down and put your head between your knees. Keep going....Little further now.....there you go, read the label on the candy bar.

Glad I could help.
Sounds like a republican in a bathroom stall.
dem

Montréal, Canada

#1052643 Jan 3, 2014
Taliban tea baggers are really stupid.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1052644 Jan 3, 2014
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
First you take your pants off.....go ahead, I will wait. Now turn around so your back is facing the candy bar machine. Slowly bend down and put your head between your knees. Keep going....Little further now.....there you go, read the label on the candy bar.
Glad I could help.
Who wouldn't love coming around the corner unexpectedly to see something like that?

Too funny!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1052645 Jan 3, 2014
WIth OBammie...China wins!

China takes a dump on US Lumber companies!

'In September 2012, Columbia and five of its competitors, representing about 80% of the hardwood plywood made in the United States, formed the Coalition for Fair Trade of Hardwood Plywood and filed a petition with the U.S. International Trade Commission to put a stop to Chinese dumping.'

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/...
dem

Montréal, Canada

#1052647 Jan 3, 2014
I only believe carol when it comes to fattening food recipes and filter less cigarettes.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1052648 Jan 3, 2014
Progressive economy = taxes!!!!!

Progressives create a mess!!!!Yippee!!!!

FOX NEWS!!!!

"The biggest revenue-raiser kicking in this year is an annual fee on health insurers, meant to help fund premium subsidies and other provisions. The fee is projected to bring in $8 billion this year and roughly $100 billion over the next decade. The insurance industry -- and more than 200 House lawmakers -- are trying to repeal it, warning that these costs will be passed onto the consumer (though some will get Affordable Care Act subsidies). "

An industry-commissioned study by consultant Oliver Wyman estimated that rates will rise in 2014 by up to 2.3 percent for that reason alone. By 2023, the study said, rates could be rising annually by up to 3.7 percent because of the tax.

The other major fee to watch out for is the individual mandate penalty. Under the law, those who do not get insurance by the end of March and do not qualify for an exemption will be charged the fee. This year, that penalty will be $95, or 1 percent of household income, whichever is greater. "

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/01/02/ob...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1052649 Jan 3, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Another topic Lois Lame hasn't a fkn clue about.
That's why Cato educated me. Sonic's source too.

But no one knows anything about anything besides you. We know.
dem

Montréal, Canada

#1052650 Jan 3, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>Who wouldn't love coming around the corner unexpectedly to see something like that?

Too funny!
Azz fkn is something carol thinks is funny.
Peppy

United States

#1052651 Jan 3, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
if medical care is a crucial part of your life, then you should sacrifice other pleasures to save your money for doctors and hospitals....
the solutions should be individual, not collective...
Liberal policies do not work with voluntary participation. How many people do you think would choose social security over an individual retirement account funded only by their own contributions? If I had a choice I would manage my own money. All that liberal BS about how I would have lost my shirt is crap, a snapshot in time and only a temporary slide in the market. Over the long haul, I would have been far better off if I managed my own money.

Same is true with healthcare, give people a choice and millions will opt out. When that happens, the whole thing falls apart. The plan only works when you get people to over pay for things they do not want or need.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1052652 Jan 3, 2014
Signs the Progressive 'you did not build that' economy is on fire!
-AND-

"look for the Union Label'

"COURTLAND, Alabama – Between 650 and 700 workers at International Paper in Courtland will be out of a job next month during the second round of company layoffs, a local union president told AL.com Thursday afternoon."

http://www.al.com/business/index.ssf/2014/01/...
dem

Montréal, Canada

#1052653 Jan 3, 2014
Notice that when I scare eman off that about twenty of his 'socks' disappear too.
I do!
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1052654 Jan 3, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Another topic Lois Lame hasn't a fkn clue about.
Meanwhile, Realtime all the time down at the penitentiary tea bagging and visiting mama ...

It's the culture..
dem

Montréal, Canada

#1052655 Jan 3, 2014
Where did my Jew buddy go?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1052656 Jan 3, 2014

"Archiver's to close all 33 scrap booking stores"

http://www.kare11.com/story/news/local/2014/0...
dem

Montréal, Canada

#1052657 Jan 3, 2014
It's okay not to like me.
If I were an uneducated, hillbilly, racist, jagoff, I'd dislike me too.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1052658 Jan 3, 2014

"HOULTON, Maine — Fifteen employees in Houlton and Presque Isle will enter the new year knowing that they lost their jobs now that two Amato’s Restaurants in Aroostook County are closing."

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/12/31/busines...
Peppy

United States

#1052659 Jan 3, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a republican in a bathroom stall.
What sounds would those be?

I just lobbed you a softball, Now go ahead and knock it out of the park.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1052660 Jan 3, 2014
dem wrote:
Taliban tea baggers are really stupid.
dem all 99% Moutht and Tea bagger . The other 1% his Taliban is anybody's guess.

It's the culture..
dem

Montréal, Canada

#1052661 Jan 3, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>That's why Cato educated me. Sonic's source too.

But no one knows anything about anything besides you. We know.
Carol do you smoke camels?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 5 min Independent1 800
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr david 184,801
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr IBdaMann 51,386
want 2 hr piyush91 1
Dear Abby 2-26-15 2 hr Kuuipo 8
wishes 5 hr iyya 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 hr Not Yet Equal 51,332
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr David Morrison 99,159
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:18 am PST

Bleacher Report 7:18AM
Best Options to Replace Briggs This Offseason
Bleacher Report 8:12 AM
Buzz: Colts Eyeing Trades for Veteran WRs Including Marshall
Bleacher Report 1:14 PM
Could Bears Ever Get Fair Trade Value for Forte?
Bleacher Report 1:40 PM
Wayne Undergoes Surgery on Triceps
NFL 2:44 PM
Reggie Wayne had surgery, mulling Colts future