Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
967,561 - 967,580 of 1,083,517 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

HOMEOPINIONEMILY MILLERRADIOLOG INWEEKLY ADSSUBSCRIBECLASSIFIEDSE-EDITI ON
MILLER: Gun re-registration begins in D.C., may lead to arrest and confiscation
First law in U.S. to require renewal with fingerprints and fees

By Emily Miller-The Washington Times Wednesday, January 1, 2014

For the first time in the United States, a citizen who has legally registered a gun will have to submit to a renewal process. The consequences of not knowing about this new law or missing the specific 60-day window are dire.

Starting on Jan. 2, every single D.C. resident who has registered a firearm since 1976 must go to police headquarters to pay a $48 fee and be photographed and fingerprinted.

The Metropolitan Police Department estimates there are at least 30,000 registered gun owners.

If the registrant does not go to the police station within three months after a set time frame, the registration is revoked. That citizen is then in possession of an unregistered firearm, which is a felony that carries a maximum penalty of a $1,000 fine and a year in jail.

The gun itself is put into a category of weapons that can never be registered, just as though it were a machine gun or a sawed-off shotgun.

The city has not made clear how it will enforce the law, but the police are in possession of all registrants’ home addresses so confiscation and arrests would be simple.

The police are notifying registrants by mail that they have to come to the station on the set schedule.

Also, the department took out a $550 advertisement in The Washington Times to run on Monday. The required public notice is not being printed in any other newspaper or media outlet.

The three-year expiration date is supposed to uncover if a gun owner does something that makes him suddenly a danger to society, such as committing a felony, becoming a drug addict or being involuntarily committed to a mental hospital.

I recently asked D.C. Council Chairman Phil Mendelson, who wrote these laws in 2009, why he couldn’t just run all our names through the FBI’s National Instant Background Checks System (NICS), which uses information including name, Social Security number, birth date and physical characteristics to determine if the applicant is legally prohibited from owning a gun.

NICS is used nationally for gun sales and transfers from licensed dealer and applications for a concealed-carry permit.(The records are not kept in order to prevent a national gun registry.)

“I don’t want name-based,” Mr. Mendelson replied.“I can go in and pretend I’m Emily Miller if I have your name and Social Security number. So name-based is not as good for identification as fingerprints. And NICS doesn’t have all the information.”

These points are disputed in a December court filing in the federal court case known as Heller II, which is challenging D.C.’s registration laws, including the reregistration section. The plaintiffs point out that NICS covers all state and local databases.

In a deposition, the officer in charge of the registration section for 20 years admitted that the unit has not had a problem with fake IDs.

Furthermore, criminals don’t go to the police station before buying their guns. Only the law abiding do that.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jan/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
No one ever claimed the ACA wasn't still here last year. Certainly not me.
Nixon remained in office too until the media and public opinion resulted in his forced resignation.
If Obama were Nixon, he'd more than likely be in the same boat about now. But the media is on Obama's side and both ignore public opinion.
And you are helping them to bamboozle us.
media on Obama's side?

prove it. start with FOX.

can't you find a better excuse for why folks won't buy into the right wing BS? like it might be because you're all nutjob CRAZY?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
that is a lie and typical of your stupidity.
Did Eisenhower have permission to Federalize the Arkansas National Guard to integrate schools in Little Rock??
Of course not.
""The John Warner Defense Authorization Act of 2007 Pub.L. 109-364
Federal law was changed in section 1076 so that the Governor of a state is no longer the sole commander in chief of their state's National Guard during emergencies within the state. The President of the United States will now be able to take total control of a state's National Guard units without the governor's consent. In a letter to Congress, all 50 governors opposed the increase in power of the President over the National Guard.""
Stay off the idiot blogs like you used yesterday. Read up and learn.
Your idea of States Rights ended when the South lost the Civil War.
You post lies repeatedly, as if they may come true by repetition.
Hey numbnuts look at the year on that law! It was passed because of that libtard losing governor of the state!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

Sheesh, just skimmed through a few posts, rightwingers are actually dumber than last year.

Oh well, Happy New Year everybody.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
But you claim businesses can't afford to pay more than minimum wage. Now you claim people who work minimum wage are unable to show up at work.
Then you claim these people can buy health insurance.
More proof you have no clue what health insurance costs buying as individuals.
Is there anything you actually know anything about besides mooching off subsidies?
I never said that. All I every said is anyone still making minimum wage after being in the workforce for more than a year or two isn't even worth that much.
Then, I asked you why should any company be forced to pay more for the same worthless product?
You really need to work on your reading and comprehension of the written English language. If I were you, I'd go get my money back from those institutions that told you they were educating you.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
likewise, conservatives need to be careful not to jump the gun too soon when it comes to interpreting the polls.
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows that 48% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Obama's job performance. Fifty percent (50%) disapprove
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
be careful!
btw....6 million have signed up. big failure eh? let's see the do nothing GOP come up with a bill to fix that.
So are you another liberal who wants our health care system to be just like that of the UK?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just assuming you and science are all-knowing about life and everything in the universe. Which you and science aren't.
Was there a poll asking if ape-like men living in caves to ancient civilizations of invention and philosophers and advanced technology was because of ET intervention with the human race?
That' something even scientists can't figure out. That darn missing link. It's still missing.
the theory of man-made global warming and the Biblical theory of creation have equal scientific validity....
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

OK just had another 3.2 earthquake.

I use to feel sorry for my OK relatives until they smugly informed me I am positioned very close to a large volcano.
LCNin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Realtime wanted Bush to go to New Orleans and drive all those school buses loaded with people out of there who the liberal mayor left stranded - both the buses and the people.
Go figure.
LOL
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> So? The federal government still couldn't enter the state without the governor's permission.
The Federal government already controlled the waterways, many of the docks levees and floodgates. Ever heard of the US Army Corp of Engineers Flacko? How about the US Coast Guard? They report to the Commander in Chief right?

You fkn morons seem to believe that only New Orleans took the hit__What about the portions of Louisiana to the South of N.O. along with Mississippi and Alabama???

Would the base commander of the Navy Yard in Norfolk have to get permission from the mayor of Norfolk to prepare for a hurricane??? ROFLMAO

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know exactly why he didn't leave those troops just like I know the criticism he received for not doing much, much more to negotiate their retention.
From you own liberal talking points manual - the NY Times:
"In the case of Iraq, the American goal has been to leave a stable and representative government, avoid a power vacuum that neighboring states and terrorists could exploit and maintain sufficient influence so that Iraq would be a partner or, at a minimum, not an opponent in the Middle East.
"But the Obama administration has fallen frustratingly short of some of those objectives.
"The attempt by Mr. Obama and his senior aides to fashion an extraordinary power-sharing arrangement between Mr. Maliki and Mr. Allawi never materialized. Neither did an agreement that would have kept a small American force in Iraq to train the Iraqi military and patrol the country’s skies. A plan to use American civilians to train the Iraqi police has been severely cut back. The result is an Iraq that is less stable domestically and less reliable internationally than the United States had envisioned."
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/23/world/middl...
Read it and weep.
It had to do with Iraq not granting our troops immunity. Now you know again. How long before you forget this time?

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
media on Obama's side?
can't you find a better excuse for why folks won't buy into the right wing BS? like it might be because you're all nutjob CRAZY?
Trying to explain the obvious which what you can't grasp apparently would be like saying "if you have to ask how much it costs, you can't afford it."

You just can't grasp the obvious.
LCNin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
media on Obama's side?
Carol has only one story,
She feels everything is President Obama's fault
LOL
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
media on Obama's side?
I will start NYT's recent Benghazi article that went up in smoke and the desperate attempt of Kirkpatrick to try to "save" it by claiming a reporter was talking to the jihadist as they were attacking.
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

And just when I think that I thought I saw you try ... You get stupider!

Reality isn't paranoia and/or fear. Those who fear the Truth will do just about anything to escape it. Yes, that would be YOU.

And as for YOU:
What's the difference.
Even when you're here, you're tuned owt or tuned off.

Fear & Hatred for a changing world?
An intelligent,( geo )-politically knowledgeable, wise person would fear this "changing world" is not changing for the better - Or the good.

Are you ever AWAKE? As in AWARE? PRESENT?
Or has Barack zombified you into an iBamBot stupor???
Neither Living Nor Dead ... Damn Nazgűl ...
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
No you're not.
You're just spreading your paranoia and fear.
It's amazing how the Christmas Crew, you, Gunner, and Nobraina, all show up each night after most folks have turned in, just so you can vent your fear and hatred for a changing world that you neither understand nor are a participant in.
And you're here first thing AM.
Do you ever sleep, or has Obama turned you into an insomniac as well??

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

LCNin wrote:
<quoted text>
"Actually, it's going to just keep getting worse..."
You never change you tune of propaganda
I'm sure the company I work for isn't the only company making plans to dump tens of thousands of employees onto the ObamaKare disaster when the employer mandate kicks in after the coming mid-term elections. It's cheaper to pay the penalty than to provide insurance.
There will likely be a hundred million people get their policies cancelled after the mid-term elections.
Those estimates you poo-poo are way low. The real cost will be more than the entire cost of the total government today.

So, that brings us back to a question nobody on Earth has been able to answer:

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
LED is not practical for low income families
LED bulbs are much more expensive than incandescent lamps. An 8-watt bulb can cost about $40, versus around $1 for an incandescent bulb that produces equal light.
LED produces a lot of heat that be uncomfortable when used as task lighting.
The light from a LED bulb is directional and is poor at lighting large rooms. Good for a task light. But would required several additional light sources to light a room-where is the savings in that.
Dumb concept.
Smart concept. Passed by Congress.

You focused on LED, ignored CF bulbs.

All of what you said is incorrect.

LED technology is improving, CF's have become cheap. A 4 pack of CF 40 or 60 watt equivalents at Home Depot for about $5.

LED's use 85% less electricity.

With Flake raging about electric prices, you folks should be happy to save money on electricity.

It is estimated that switching to CF's and LED's will allow us to close down many coal fired power plants.(30 is the number I recall)

Lighting is about 20% of our electricity usage. That can be cut to less than 5% with energy efficient bulbs.

Other than buying into the nitwit argument, what is your problem with progress??

Did you gripe when TV's went from inefficient CRT's to LCD or LED's??

Or is this a sample of your luddite beliefs??

You'd rather burn more fossil fuels so you can have a lightbulb that is a relic of the 19th Century??

that makes no sense at all.

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>More lies and gibberish.
It's only gibberish to you because you gobble up lies like candy.

It's like trying to convince a child raised on fast food to eat vegetables because it's good for them. They're too used to junk food.

You're used to liberal media junk food of lies and distortions. So it's actually understandable why you'd have such an aversion to any form of the truth.
tell it like it is

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
media on Obama's side?
tingly leg Chris Mathews....
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

Homer wrote:
Sheesh, just skimmed through a few posts, rightwingers are actually dumber than last year.
Oh well, Happy New Year everybody.
Duly noted-
We will add this to other searing rebuttals:
lily-lol
karma-are you on drugs

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

90 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Beavis 175,103
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 11 min ohoh 3,846
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 12 min HughBe 68,438
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 45,884
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr heres gianni 68,056
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Te rigs 48,996
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr edogxxx 97,576
Amy 7-30 3 hr Toj 18
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE