Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1051997 Jan 2, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You made a statement.
Now you walk away from it.
You pretended to be an expert, now you say "you'll have to ask the folks'.
How typical.
You're done.
(BTW, I have the same type deal with my employer. So all I get is higher taxes, just like you. But I still support the idea of more Americans having access to healthcare, so I don't whine about it.)
Let us know how you feel about it when Obama's Death Panel tells you your life isn't funded for next year because some crackwhore needs an abortion.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1051998 Jan 2, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>In other words you "can't prove" that Obama gave an order..
Typical for you.
most commanders in chief realize the buck stops with them. Ultimately, they are responsible, as you liberals like to point out when talking about bush.
tell it like it is

Norman, OK

#1051999 Jan 2, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, Carol, you remembered. Uh Uh. I'm sure.
So how is that Obama's fault??
Did you want our troops in Iraq without immunity?
If Iraq does not want our troops, then that is it. End of discussion.
'Pakistan angry Osama killed without consent'

http://www.examiner.com/article/pakistan-angr...
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1052000 Jan 2, 2014
Who Cares?

AND

What difference does it make? The Boy Junior already opened his stoopID mouth AND

Putin played Barack < the fiddling fool > like A Master Stradivari negotiating Syria's chemical weapons disarmament.

The Boy-Bopper was bizy tooling his Munster-Faced Fool, Secretary of State !!
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree.
In a perfect world, what you say makes sense.
But Putin is a dictator wanna-be, crushing Russian freedoms and imprisoning his many enemies.
He's lately been on a spree to release some political prisoners to show the world how nice he is before the Olympics. LOL
'Pussy Riot' women would still be in prison if Putin didn't get som much flak from the rest of the world's nations.
For Obama to be silent as Putin wages a war against gay Russians would have been seen as him agreeing and supporting Putin.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1052001 Jan 2, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. The Constitution is the top-level authority in the United States. Any and every document is subordinate to the Constitution. If any document, rule or law is in conflict with the text of the Constitution, the Constitution is right by default. If anyone thinks the Constitution needs to be changed, all you have to do is amend it.
I quote the Constitution because it is the rule.
So, you think the ancient notion of totalitarian government is superior to the revolutionary modern notion of limited government that the Constitution ordains, right? What you are trying to force here is the norm of government since the beginning of civilization, which the Constitution elilminated that medieval archaic standard here.
Please put any text in the Constitution you think is subjective.
You can't. You, like Obama, don't even have a clue what's in the Constitution because neither of you have ever even read it.
But, since you presented that argument, provide an example of that "subjective and open to interpretation" text in the Constitution. Let's see how subjective it really is.
Put up or shut up.
No, you're wrong. You're just like a Bible-thumper that latches onto some obscure ambiguous verse and uses your own interpretation to make some unrelated point citing the credibility of a respected document. Quite often Supreme Court decisions aren't unanimous in their interpretation of the Constitution, why on earth should I allow someone like you to explain it to me?
The Constitution is subjective, that's not open to interpretation, otherwise why would we have the Supreme Court? You put up or shut up thumper.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1052002 Jan 2, 2014
Colorado Shooting Victim's Father Forgives Classmate Karl Pierson

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1052003 Jan 2, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, a quote from the Constitution is not an interpretation of the Constitution. It is a quote from the Constitution.
Are you just pretending to be this stupid?
Interpreting the quote IS subject to debate. Are you just pretending to be stupid?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1052004 Jan 2, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have been surprised if you weren't interested in new technologies like this.
Like you showed with interest in 3d printers and other advancements.
My new TV is LED. I have been playing with LED's in different applications. I like your work bench lightstrip idea.
You are light years ahead of many on the right, who seem fearful because the bulbs they grew up with are gooing away.
So now that you weighed in, Whatever will become a LED supporter!!
She said she can't afford them

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1052005 Jan 2, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly why Obama's drone executions are illegal...
even a teabagger like dumbass Dave sometimes gets it right...
Galt, the idiot, forgets that law enforcements kills lots of people without due process. We had a US citizens who aligned with out enemy & recruited trained & sent suicide bombers to kill Americans & dumbf*ck Galt wanted to hold a trial.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1052006 Jan 2, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Let google be your friend babe.
It appears as though 33% of adult Americans are mouth breathing knuckledraggers.
I repeat__so much for polls.
realtime is falling for the left's spin on the poll. Here are more of your so called "mouth breathing knuckledraggers". From the poll

according to realtime, 50% of black protestants are "mouth breathing knuckledraggers"

according to realtime, 38% of women are "mouth breathing knuckledraggers"

according to realtime, 24% of college grads are "mouth breathing knuckledraggers"

and according to realtime, 36% of people in his age group are "mouth breathing knuckledraggers"

http://www.businessinsider.com/33-of-american...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1052007 Jan 2, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, the White House is full of Islamist Terrorists. My God you are a f*cking idiot.
Oy makes me sick to think my tax dollars are subsidizing your stupid fat ass.
Arif Alikhan — assistant secretary for policy development for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

Mohammed Elibiary — homeland security advisor.

Rashad Hussain — special envoy to the Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC).

Salam al-Marayati — Obama advisor, founder of Muslim Public Affairs Council and its current executive director.

Imam Mohamed Magid — Obama’s sharia czar, Islamic Society of North America.

Eboo Patel — advisory council on Faith-Based Neighborhood Partnerships.

... you were saying?
tell it like it is

Norman, OK

#1052008 Jan 2, 2014
Progressives helping the poor results in:

$39.97 for a light bulb...

http://news.cnet.com/8301-11128_3-20081410-54... -$39.97/

It lasts for 25,000 hours...but...

Can pool people afford this??????????

25 bulb positions in my house:
equals:$1000 for a round of lightbulbs....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1052009 Jan 2, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Home Depot carries a large number of GE LED
http://www.homedepot.com/b/Electrical-Light-B...
So? What are you arguing about? Perhaps you could get a job so that you can afford them.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1052010 Jan 2, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, the White House is full of Islamist Terrorists. My God you are a f*cking idiot.
Oy makes me sick to think my tax dollars are subsidizing your stupid fat ass.
Like I say to the television when one of those ghosts-are-real shows is on...

Show me the subsidy.
You still can't find any proof of any subsidy exists, right?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1052011 Jan 2, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're wrong. You're just like a Bible-thumper that latches onto some obscure ambiguous verse and uses your own interpretation to make some unrelated point citing the credibility of a respected document. Quite often Supreme Court decisions aren't unanimous in their interpretation of the Constitution, why on earth should I allow someone like you to explain it to me?
The Constitution is subjective, that's not open to interpretation, otherwise why would we have the Supreme Court? You put up or shut up thumper.
Retort number one: still no text from the Constitution to back up your claim that the Constitution is vague and ambiguous.

Since you presented that argument, provide an example of that "subjective and open to interpretation" text in the Constitution. Let's see how subjective it really is.
Put up or shut up.
tell it like it is

Norman, OK

#1052012 Jan 2, 2014
Green energy policies helping the poor...

"Drivers in the fifth richest city on the list, Century City in southern California (with an average annual income of $751,00) chose the Prius, followed by the Mercedes-Benz E-Class and C-Class sedans. The Volkswagen Jetta was the fifth favorite car in the community, just behind the BMW 328.

The Prius was also the car of choice in Ross, California, where the average annual income was $497,000. Ranked 10th on the most-wealthy list, inhabitants in this northern California enclave chose the Prius over the runners-up, luxury vehicles from the Mercedes-Benz E- Class and the Mercedes-Benz GL-Class'

.http://www.forbes.com/sites/e co-nomics/2012/08/09/is-the-to yota-prius-the-latest-status-s ymbol-of-the-wealthy/
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1052013 Jan 2, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have been surprised if you weren't interested in new technologies like this.
Like you showed with interest in 3d printers and other advancements.
My new TV is LED. I have been playing with LED's in different applications. I like your work bench lightstrip idea.
You are light years ahead of many on the right, who seem fearful because the bulbs they grew up with are gooing away.
So now that you weighed in, Whatever will become a LED supporter!!
As I stated earlier not all new technology is as "great" as it is hyped to be.

There is KNOWN issues with the LED bulb and estimates of cost savings always under goes revisions when reality hits computer programs projections.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1052014 Jan 2, 2014
Snowpocalypse 2014: Deadly winter storm Hercules threatens 100million people with Boston's Logan Airport shut down, 1,800 flights grounded and temperatures colder than MARS

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html
neanderthal

Norman, OK

#1052015 Jan 2, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
She said she can't afford them
Hairy, worshiping a $40 LED bulb over a 99 cent bulb, and Liberal is no way to go through life!

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1052016 Jan 2, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, Carol, you remembered. Uh Uh. I'm sure.
So how is that Obama's fault??
So...what IS Obama's fault?

Never mind.

We know the answer.

NOTHING.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 6 min Breezy _Soul 4,797
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min OzRitz 49,357
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 37 min RACE 4,924
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 49 min RACE 1,327
Chicagoa s 2014 murder total on track for anoth... 55 min joey 2
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 56 min Frijoles 71,267
last post wins! (Apr '13) 56 min Hatti_Hollerand 410
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST