Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 48,337)

Showing posts 966,721 - 966,740 of1,036,277
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe in your twisted mind__I'm actually quite calm__just popped the tab on my fourth silver bullet.
Speaking of silver bullets__Ford will be building the next generation F 150's using aluminum body panels which will reduce the avg weight by about 700 lbs. resulting in even better fuel mileage. I like it!
only phaggots drink lite beer...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Forand wrote:
Poor working so hard. I can see why. Living in the state of Texas which holds the number one position for Financial Inequality. Running a GINI coefficient greater than .6 !
Greater than Some 3rd world nations. They are at .5 and above and the national average for the USA is .47 Yes, yes I know poor laborers has no idea of what the GINI represents let alone be able to comprehend it. LOL
Consider Texas republicans that run amuck through out that state with their glowing love affaire with austerity. They not only furnished the state with Toxic Waste Disposal sites, yes including radioactive. Yup not only those but toxic jobs. Jobs that do not pay a living wage. As a matter fact they have such a low wage that all their employees qualify for a variety of welfare programs that the local community taxpayers are left to pay for. LOL Siphoning all the more wealth up to their lords and masters of the 1%.
What jobs am I talking about. All the fast Food Industries, corporations such as Home Depot and Wal Mart to name just a few.
How do they do it some may ask? Simple they pay minim wages and make sure they do not work a 40 hour week. Employees with meager wages turn to welfare to offset the difference to provide at least a sub living wage. Now who pays for that welfare? Ata boy some have figured that one out, the Taxpayers!
Example; Employee requires food stamps and guess where the purchase will be. Yup more than likely back to the company store. Ha, Ha, reminds me of the days when our laborers would chant “ OH Lord don’t you call me, for I owe my soul to the company store”
Now every time republicans say they lowered the unemployment. Step back and ponder have they? LOL… They got you coming and going.
Almost forgot just how much, does say just one of these Wal-Mart requires for their welfare subsides for their employees. Well the average Wal-Mart cost $ 900,000 per store. That is not taking into account all of the other jobs that face the same scenarios. LOL even the more technical jobs have been scaled back, preparing them to enter the world of the surfer’s..
How many of these families will have the ability to provide quality education for their children? Nil to Nada a one. Thus the cycle provides the republicans with their serfdom work force. Observe how the affluent have erected barriers to keep the less desirables out with their Gated Communities. LOL some even have moats!
Ah back to the good old days of the Aristocrat and their beloved serfs. LOL now you know when the affluent cries out serfs up. You will have an idea of what they are talking about…
So poor laborers wonder why they have to pay for these welfare corporations that promote welfare. Well because republicans austerity is what Texans adore.
LOL I know, I know where is all that wealth going? How well is this siphoning working? Well here let me show you.
http://neweconomy.net/content/wealth-inequali...
Communist propaganda...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Forand wrote:
Simply to deny does not give value to you reply. Poverty is growing. At present it is at 15% of our population. Having a TV or living within site of affluent neighbors does not feed them or educate them. Their hunger and deaths due to their poverty is what is real to them. Ignoring their plight and what is contributing to this increasing poverty is what is real to our society and our humanities. Your denial of its existence is merely your desire to remain in a delusional world. There are others who have faced the problem and have set an example for nations that are still without a solution, such as the USA.
Here is one of many, Sweden is doing just fine. As a matter of fact better than the USA for over a decade… Example average earner in Sweden of $50,000/yr and USA average earner of $50’000/yr. The Sweden has his Universal Education, Health paid for. USA earner has not.
C The Gini Coefficient
Gini is a measurement that is used to identify, mathematically, the inequality of individual nations. A rating of one {1} is considered perfect inequality, as a rating of zero {0} is perfect equality.
Nations such as Germany, Norway and Sweden have a Gini of .3 or less.
South Africa and Latin America have a .5 or above.
USA’s Gini in 1980 was .4 Presently it is at 4.77. This is according to the U.N.’s data. Rendering the USA in the category of nations such as Iran and Turkey.
USA’s inequality may be even worse than what the Gini indicates. In the advanced industrial nations, such as may be found in Europe and Scandinavian, their citizens have Universal Education, Universal Health Care from birth to death and large safety nets for securing the laborer’s income security. Where in as the USA, middle class on down have none of these benefits or a small fraction there of. Increasing the insecurity of their citizens in their jobs, homes, education and health.
Insecurity is manifested and fueled by the inequality factor. Greater the inequality the greater is the demise of that nation’s ability to survive in competition with an advanced industrial opponent. Insecurity will manifest emotional dysfunctional laborers quick to rebel. Productivity decreases.
Simply look around to the various nations and observe. Observe those that had a less or no recessions say during 2000 and 2013 that would be a good indicator they are doing something better than US.
http://neweconomy.net/content/wealth-inequali... video chart USA wealth Distributions.
Note with ever increasing inequality to the distributions of laborer’s productivity, poverty increases. That’s a blue clue… LOL
with "perfect equality", why would anybody bother working???...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You were talking about defining minimum coverage.
You evidently were too stupid to know why we needed to define it.
In order to eliminate pre-exsisting conditions, you need the mandate.
in order to eliminate pre-existing conditions, a medical miracle is required....

...not political gimmicks and slogans...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

Emeem wrote:
Finally an intelligent comment from a teabagger!
The politics of Obamacare are changing, and the Republican Party is well aware of that reality.“It’s no longer just a piece of paper that you can repeal and it goes away,” Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson, a Tea Party Republican, told The New York Times.“There’s something there. We have to recognize that reality. We have to deal with the people that are currently covered under Obamacare.”
http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/for-gop-it...
exactly...by providing a program that works...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
"Duck hunters 1, dick hunters 0"..........
fudgepackers lose...again...

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

LCNin wrote:
The white Texas man facing federal hate crime charges for allegedly slugging a 79-year-old black man in a “knockout game” assault was denied bail Friday for an attack prosecutors say was racially motivated.
A 78-year-old WOMAN is punched by a young black male for no reason, and the NY Times' central point is: "Perp says it's not a 'game.'"

I believe the "perp." He wanted to maim or kill the elderly woman, and that's no game.

The words "racially motivated" or "hate crime" were never mentioned by the left wing litter box liner.

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Communist propaganda...
That's Bernie's bread and butter.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
"Iran's nuclear chief said the country is building a new generation of centrifuges for uranium enrichment but that they need further tests before they can be mass produced, apparently trying to counter hard-liner criticism of its nuclear deal with world powers.
Under a landmark nuclear deal reached last month in Geneva, Iran promised not to bring new centrifuges into operation for six months, part of temporary limitations on its uranium enrichment program in return for the easing of some sanctions. But the deal does not stop it from developing centrifuges."
Obama has already surrendered to Iran...turn out the lights....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Did anyone catch the Magic Negro with Steve Harvey today?
The Boy Messiah, the jerk responsible for drone-killing hundreds of innocents including women and children - and wedding parties - and American citizens - lectured us today on being a good parent.
This is like Charles Manson preaching the importance of family.
Or like Louie Farrakhan preaching love on the Oprah Show.
who the f*ck is "Steve Harvey"???...

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>
The uninsured will see their premiums skyrocket no matter how old they are you fking moron.
LOL...what premiums would the uninsured be paying, you "fking moron?"

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
who the f*ck is "Steve Harvey"???...
....well...he's gotta be somebody now that he's had the Magic Negro on his show, right?

At least on BET or in the Affirmative Action Club of Amerika.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...what premiums would the uninsured be paying, you "fking moron?"
the old fool had too many silver bullets...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

OBAMANATION wrote:
Great video of the biggest idiot dem bloopers of 2013!!
http://washingtonexaminer.com/video-the-top-d...
"Let's vote for unemployment benefits for hard-working Americans"

Funny as hell.

But the best is when the Boy Messiah is caught saying "I'm not stupid"

Is there an Award for this stuff? Like the Ignoble Award or something like that?

Shouldn't the Noble Committee have something to say here?

Like "We'll be back in 50 years after our embarrassment wears off"??

HJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHA

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
....well...he's gotta be somebody now that he's had the Magic Negro on his show, right?
At least on BET or in the Affirmative Action Club of Amerika.
That reminded me of Obama lecturing a (half awake) senior class in a Kalamazoo, Michigan high school.

Get a load of this.

First he tells them:“Don’t make excuses. Take responsibility not just for your successes. Take responsibility where you fall short as well.”

Then came the coup de gras: "He returned to the responsibility theme in Kalamazoo, paired the message with a lament about Washington finger-pointing, when he said,'It’s the easiest thing in the world to start looking around for someone to blame.'"

Unfuckingbelievable

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/08/us/politics...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"Let's vote for unemployment benefits for hard-working Americans"
Funny as hell.
But the best is when the Boy Messiah is caught saying "I'm not stupid"
Is there an Award for this stuff? Like the Ignoble Award or something like that?
Shouldn't the Noble Committee have something to say here?
Like "We'll be back in 50 years after our embarrassment wears off"??
HJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHA
the USA needs a government that will get out of the way so that those who want to work can find jobs instead of unemployment benefits...

Obama and the DemoKKKrats prefer permanent government dependency....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

Fudgepacker whining:

Nobody gives a damn about homosexuals, so they play the race card.....

GLAAD responds:“Phil Robertson should look African American and gay people in the eyes and hear about the hurtful impact of praising Jim Crow laws and comparing gay people to terrorists. If dialogue with Phil is not part of next steps then A+E has chosen profits over African American and gay people – especially its employees and viewers.”

“B'in <3 by sum1 gives strength”

Since: Nov 13

but <3'in sum1 tks courage.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

MurphRamGrace wrote:
<quoted text>
You are continually right on target John Galt. You may want to think about running for Public office Sir.
It's odd you would claim that he is right after the RIGHT went public with threats to not hire people if Obama won the election. Democrats on the other hand are, as you say laying out a safety net for those laid off by the top 5% of the wealthiest people in America.

So now you want to back peddle and accuse Dems of preventing people from working while the memory is still fresh of Rep saying they won't hire people? That's a lot of moxy you have there.

Next you will attempt to piss on America and tell us it's raining...no?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
Fudgepacker whining:
Nobody gives a damn about homosexuals, so they play the race card.....
GLAAD responds:“Phil Robertson should look African American and gay people in the eyes and hear about the hurtful impact of praising Jim Crow laws and comparing gay people to terrorists. If dialogue with Phil is not part of next steps then A+E has chosen profits over African American and gay people – especially its employees and viewers.”
No wonder Cracker Barrel and A&E told GLAAD to take a hike. They are lying about what was said.

NAACP was never part of the picture. GQ used a quote from a book published more than a year ago. A little late to claim offense especially about a teen-ager's memories from over 50 years ago.

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

The nMe Within wrote:
<quoted text>
It's odd you would claim that he is right after the RIGHT went public with threats to not hire people if Obama won the election.
Source?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 966,721 - 966,740 of1,036,277
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

107 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Amy 4-23 3 min PEllen 22
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min mdbuilder 43,125
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 min Stina2 96,212
Abby 4-23 7 min _Annabella_ 12
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 9 min Frijoles 65,499
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 11 min Dream Crystal 7,554
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 14 min Dream Crystal 1,024
ask amy 4-22 1 hr Sublime1 67
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••