Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1252274 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

RUSH10ME

Colonial Beach, VA

#1051105 Jan 1, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not know the business I am in or where I worked previously.
At the local hospital in the circumsizing dept. 40 skins a day and a chance to get a head .
GOP R Idiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1051106 Jan 1, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
You root smoocher libs are the party of tea bagging homosexuals, gay marriage and marry your gerbil you dumbasses..
AND... Don't try to rope us normal people into your gay pride parade of tea bagging you pork puffers.
It's the culture....
You surely are very obsessed with homosexuality.
Got a wide stance?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1051107 Jan 1, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you still going with that lie that conservative groups were targeted by the IRS at the behest of the President Carol? How come not one conservative group was denied 501(c)(4) status? How come the only groups denied were progressive groups?
No, Obama has not expanded the Patriot Act liar, in fact the DOJ under Holder has put restrictions in the use of National Security Letters that the Bush administration used to pry into what books we got from libraries and booksellers and what sites were being accessed on library computers.
How can you be so stupid? even your liberal ACLU has called you a liar?
https://www.aclu.org/blog/national-security-t...

And they give a graph to show how much freedom we had under GW Bush compared to the dictator O'bama. Damn are you ignorant. Earlier you said you could read--I have a hard time believing that girly.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1051108 Jan 1, 2014
Has the Republican big tent evolved into a house of worship?

For several years, the two major parties have been moving gradually toward opposite poles: Democrats growing more liberal and secular, Republicans becoming more conservative and religious. But a survey out this week shows just how far and how fast the GOP has gone toward becoming a collection of older, white, evangelical Christians defined as much by religion as by politics.

The nonpartisan Pew Research Center recently released the results of an extensive poll done in 2013 on Americans’ views of evolution. Like other polls, it shows that overall views are stable: Sixty percent believe that humans have evolved over time, the same as said so in 2009.

But within those results, there was a huge shift in the beliefs of Republicans: 48 percent say that humans have existed in our present form from the beginning, compared with 43 percent who say we have evolved, either with or without help from a supreme being. That’s an 11-percentage-point swing from just four years ago, when 54 percent believed in evolution.

Forget climate-change skepticism: Republicans have turned, suddenly and sharply, against Darwin.

.....As a matter of political Darwinism, the Republicans’ mutation is not likely to help the GOP’s survival. As the country overall becomes more racially diverse and more secular, Republicans are resolutely white and increasingly devout. If current trends persist, it will be only a couple of decades before they join the dodo and the saber-toothed tiger.

But give Republicans credit for this: They don’t just doubt the theory of evolution; they’re out to prove it wrong. If they believed in the survival of the fittest, they’d be expanding their racial and ideological diversity. Instead, they’re trying to demonstrate that devotion to God can trump the Darwinian rules of politics.

Keep them in your prayers.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-m...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1051109 Jan 1, 2014
Rep. Peter King (R-NY) said Monday that a recent New York Times investigative report on the Sept. 11, 2012 attack in Benghazi, Libya was simply a means to dispense with the issue ahead of the 2016 presidential campaign.

"[They want to take the] issue away from Republicans no matter who the Democratic nominee is. Whether or not it's Hillary Clinton, they want this issue taken away, and it's part of a systematic effort here," he said told "The Steve Malzberg Show" on Newsmax TV.

"This story is meaningless and baseless, and by putting that headline on it — I'm disappointed in how much the media went along with it, by the way," he added.

The report found little evidence that al Qaeda was directly involved in the attack on the U.S. consulate, but rather that the incident was spurred in part by an American anti-Islamic video.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/peter-k...

but no one can tell us why it's meaningless and baseless. can't cite the FOX myths because FOX can't even cite the FOX myths.

so 'no proof' is yelling no proof. you can see why carol complains that no one pays attention to the nutjob media.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1051111 Jan 1, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>What about the recession Billy Bob Clinton left to GW Bush? think that had something to do with it?
I love how you stupid f*cks give Bush & the Republicans a pass for taking us from a balanced budget to the worst recession in 80 years because of a small, bump in the road, recession yet blame the economy since the end of 2008 on Obama.

Prevented this

#1051112 Jan 1, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Lack of Diversity on Display as White Male Republicans Dominated the Sunday Shows in 2013
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/12/30/lack-d...
so where do you think carol comes up with that nonsense?
Maybe the black female democrats were too scared to show up?

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1051113 Jan 1, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>You loons support the Islamic regimes. What the hell are you talking about? And yet, for the first six years of the US deployment in Iraq, just the presence of US forces deployed in strength countrywide was enough to keep the worst sectarian passions at bay.
Sunni and Shiite politicians worked together, if unwillingly. They even began learning to art of political compromise — otherwise known as horse-trading.
All of that began to unravel however with O'bama's rise to power.
O'bama's promise to withdraw US forces from Iraq meant that the US would soon cease to serve as Iraq's power broker. And so, in the final year of the US deployment in Iraq, Prime Minister Nouri al Maliki repositioned himself as an enemy of the US's military presence in Iraq. He refused to sign a status of forces agreement with the US. And at the end of 2011, just ahead of the US withdrawal, Maliki forced Iraq's Sunni Vice President Tariq al-Hashimi to flee to Kurdistan ahead of an arrest warrant issued by the Maliki-controlled Interior Ministry.

The situation in Iraq, and in Ukraine — as well as Iran, Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, Yemen, and beyond — make clear that O'bama has killed America's freedom agenda. And that isn't all.
O'bama doesn't simply neglect democratic forces in favor of authoritarian regimes. In country after country, under his leadership the US sides with anti-American forces of authoritarianism against pro-American forces, whether they are liberals or authoritarians.
Many Americans, who rightly rue Obama's betrayal of America's allies, wish to see a reinstatement of George W. Bush's freedom agenda."
It is that sweet O'bama that turned Iraq into a killing field. Even GW Bush had the fore-sight to see what was going to happen under an O'bama regime. Bush allowed as many Christians as he could to come to America. Bet they didn't think they would be crucified here by the O'bama regime and liberals, as they were in Iraq huh?
Wow, you're still clinging to the "we invaded Iraq to spread freedom" excuse.

"Nuclear weapons!!"

No, wait

"Ties to 9-11!!!!!"

No, wait

"Spread democracy!!!! Yep lets stick with that one.

You people re dumber than sh*t.

Prevented this

#1051114 Jan 1, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Has the Republican big tent evolved into a house of worship?
For several years, the two major parties have been moving gradually toward opposite poles: Democrats growing more liberal and secular, Republicans becoming more conservative and religious. But a survey out this week shows just how far and how fast the GOP has gone toward becoming a collection of older, white, evangelical Christians defined as much by religion as by politics.
The nonpartisan Pew Research Center recently released the results of an extensive poll done in 2013 on Americans’ views of evolution. Like other polls, it shows that overall views are stable: Sixty percent believe that humans have evolved over time, the same as said so in 2009.
But within those results, there was a huge shift in the beliefs of Republicans: 48 percent say that humans have existed in our present form from the beginning, compared with 43 percent who say we have evolved, either with or without help from a supreme being. That’s an 11-percentage-point swing from just four years ago, when 54 percent believed in evolution.
Forget climate-change skepticism: Republicans have turned, suddenly and sharply, against Darwin.
.....As a matter of political Darwinism, the Republicans’ mutation is not likely to help the GOP’s survival. As the country overall becomes more racially diverse and more secular, Republicans are resolutely white and increasingly devout. If current trends persist, it will be only a couple of decades before they join the dodo and the saber-toothed tiger.
But give Republicans credit for this: They don’t just doubt the theory of evolution; they’re out to prove it wrong. If they believed in the survival of the fittest, they’d be expanding their racial and ideological diversity. Instead, they’re trying to demonstrate that devotion to God can trump the Darwinian rules of politics.
Keep them in your prayers.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-m...
Now what did Justice Sonia Sotomayer do last night? why aren't you liberals on the job?
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1051115 Jan 1, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you're still clinging to the "we invaded Iraq to spread freedom" excuse.
"Nuclear weapons!!"
No, wait
"Ties to 9-11!!!!!"
No, wait
"Spread democracy!!!! Yep lets stick with that one.
You people re dumber than sh*t.
Speaking of dumber than sh*t, what is your excuse for Obama following the French into Lybia and his war mongering with Syria until Putin b*tch slapped your Jive-Ass Punk Obama?

You hypocrites are dumber than sh*t.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1051116 Jan 1, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe the black female democrats were too scared to show up?
might have a point if that hadn't been the talk show trend for years.

GOP Rules Talk-Show Circuit

http://www.rollcall.com/issues/57_83/GOP-Rule...

but we get carol's alternate universe viewpoint/excuse because she thinks not enough people listen to the nutjob media.

so what part of 'nutjob' do you think she doesn't understand? right off the bat: nutjob is never in the majority no matter how many of them show up on the Sunday morning talk shows.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1051117 Jan 1, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Now what did Justice Sonia Sotomayer do last night? why aren't you liberals on the job?
not that big of a deal.

Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor granted a temporary exemption late Tuesday to a small group of Catholic nuns that shields it from having to comply with a part of President Obama's healthcare law that requires it to provide contraceptive coverage in its insurance plans.

She acted on an emergency appeal from lawyers for the group who said the nuns faced "draconian fines" beginning on New Year's Day if they failed to comply with the law widely known as Obamacare.

Sotomayor gave the government until Friday to file a response in the case. Her order extends only to the group of nuns and does not apply more broadly to the Affordable Care Act and its requirements.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-obamacare...
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1051118 Jan 1, 2014
GOP R Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
You surely are very obsessed with homosexuality.
Got a wide stance?
Thats interesting you "wide mouth stance " tea bagger, guess you tea baggers aren't really "born gay" and the "gay gene" doesn't exist??

Meanwhile, you root smoocher libs are the party of tea bagging homosexuals, gay marriage and marry your pet gerbil you dumbass..

AND... Don't try to rope us normal people into your gay pride parade of tea bagging you pork puffer wide mouth nut job....

It's the culture....
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1051120 Jan 1, 2014
We have a new lie for the Democrats/Obama Administration today:

A White House adviser backpedaled Tuesday on the target for ObamaCare enrollment, saying the widely cited goal of enrolling 7 million people by the end of March was "never our target number" -- though Health Secretary Kathleen Sebelius repeatedly has cited the figure.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/12/31/wh... ?

Prevented this

#1051121 Jan 1, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
might have a point if that hadn't been the talk show trend for years.
GOP Rules Talk-Show Circuit
http://www.rollcall.com/issues/57_83/GOP-Rule...
but we get carol's alternate universe viewpoint/excuse because she thinks not enough people listen to the nutjob media.
so what part of 'nutjob' do you think she doesn't understand? right off the bat: nutjob is never in the majority no matter how many of them show up on the Sunday morning talk shows.
you shouldn't talk about Suzzanne Rice that way. Nut job Susie, showed up on more talk shows in one day than anyone. It's a video from Rice productions. What a nut job Susie, giving a hand job, I agree.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1051122 Jan 1, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Rep. Peter King (R-NY) said Monday that a recent New York Times investigative report on the Sept. 11, 2012 attack in Benghazi, Libya was simply a means to dispense with the issue ahead of the 2016 presidential campaign.
"[They want to take the] issue away from Republicans no matter who the Democratic nominee is. Whether or not it's Hillary Clinton, they want this issue taken away, and it's part of a systematic effort here," he said told "The Steve Malzberg Show" on Newsmax TV.
"This story is meaningless and baseless, and by putting that headline on it — I'm disappointed in how much the media went along with it, by the way," he added.
The report found little evidence that al Qaeda was directly involved in the attack on the U.S. consulate, but rather that the incident was spurred in part by an American anti-Islamic video.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/peter-k...
but no one can tell us why it's meaningless and baseless. can't cite the FOX myths because FOX can't even cite the FOX myths.
so 'no proof' is yelling no proof. you can see why carol complains that no one pays attention to the nutjob media.
Talkingpointsmemo?
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1051123 Jan 1, 2014
waxywaxturd wrote:
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my topix friends!!!
As you all can see I have been up all night into the wee small hours maniacally judging your posts and chit-chatting back and forth to myself using many of my favorite sockpuppets!! A "labor of love" though tiring!! I had to change my depends three times last night but it was worth every diaper as it was challenging and exciting!! I and most of my sockpuppets will be on board all day today making idiotic and mentally deranged comments, the sole purpose being to harass and feebly attempt to insult the legitimate posters who use this forum.
ATTENTION!!!! I have brought forth another sockpuppet creation from the bottomless pit of my sockpuppet closet, "tell it like it is"!!! He will be posting along with one of my favorite socks, "Carlos Danger" for most of the day, so please my dear friends, stick around today!!!!
And welcome them today with some of that Topix love!!!
I will also be judging your posts all day. I plan to be here for the entire day and night with my sockpuppets so get ready for an all out judgit blowout shitshow!!!! Please JOIN in!! I will give you a head start if needed. I enjoy spending the day here giving out judgits to anyone who doesn't agree with me and I like to think I have full control of this thread!!! I consider it "mine"!!!!!!
And not it appears that it's time for another time out and some much needed quality time spent in my hydrotherapy bath, the tranquilizing "chair" and some gyroscope therapy treatment. I think I over did with the judgits and my sockpuppets all night long. I got overly excited and need to take a breather. These depends are pretty shot too!! Carry on the marathon judgit tourney without me till I return!
As usual I will share a couple of my secrets with my topix friends:
As I have revealed, if you want to get an edge in the judgit race, doubling up on the industrial strength depends are a must. And constipating foods are a big help!! I recommend cheese and lots of it!! Multiple IP addresses are a must as well!!!!
I will return shortly, relaxed, rejuvenated and refreshed!!!!
Warm hugs,''Waxman''(the very chubby, chubby-chasing teabagger from Ct.)
PS: PHONE NUMBERS PLEASE!!!!
Mornin', DumbDave.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1051124 Jan 1, 2014
Little Sisters of the Poor wins against Obamacare, Justice delays implementation of contraceptive mandate.

What a mess Obamacare is.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1051125 Jan 1, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>You loons support the Islamic regimes. What the hell are you talking about? And yet, for the first six years of the US deployment in Iraq, just the presence of US forces deployed in strength countrywide was enough to keep the worst sectarian passions at bay.
Sunni and Shiite politicians worked together, if unwillingly. They even began learning to art of political compromise — otherwise known as horse-trading.

All of that began to unravel however with O'bama's rise to power.

O'bama's promise to withdraw US forces from Iraq meant that the US would soon cease to serve as Iraq's power broker. And so, in the final year of the US deployment in Iraq, Prime Minister Nouri al Maliki repositioned himself as an enemy of the US's military presence in Iraq. He refused to sign a status of forces agreement with the US. And at the end of 2011, just ahead of the US withdrawal, Maliki forced Iraq's Sunni Vice President Tariq al-Hashimi to flee to Kurdistan ahead of an arrest warrant issued by the Maliki-controlled Interior Ministry.

The situation in Iraq, and in Ukraine — as well as Iran, Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, Yemen, and beyond — make clear that O'bama has killed America's freedom agenda. And that isn't all.
O'bama doesn't simply neglect democratic forces in favor of authoritarian regimes. In country after country, under his leadership the US sides with anti-American forces of authoritarianism against pro-American forces, whether they are liberals or authoritarians.
Many Americans, who rightly rue Obama's betrayal of America's allies, wish to see a reinstatement of George W. Bush's freedom agenda."
It is that sweet O'bama that turned Iraq into a killing field. Even GW Bush had the fore-sight to see what was going to happen under an O'bama regime. Bush allowed as many Christians as he could to come to America. Bet they didn't think they would be crucified here by the O'bama regime and liberals, as they were in Iraq huh?
Wow worst case of revisionist history I've ever seen. Its classical Mein Kampf, about the use of a lie so "colossal" that no one would believe that someone "could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously."

Itsnot even worth going into the truth about when the insurgency started. I will mention however that the original OP-Order for the Invasion of Iraq required a minimum of 500,000 troops. Unfortunately Rumsfeld, who had no military command experience, not even Platoon level, "knew" better and had Gen. Tommy Franks rewrite the OP-Order to 160,000 troops, Even then he didn't invade with that many troops as Turkey refused to allow its territory to be used to launch invasion operations against Iraq.

I will also point out that Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz fired General Shineski and ridiculed his estimate that it would take more than 500,000 troops to maintain the peace in Iraq after toppling Saddam. Of course Shineski was basing his estimate on common military doctrine (1 troop/25 civilians) based on years of operations. Not sure what Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz based their estimates on, but guess who was right.

Finally, I will point out that President George H.W. Bush, a man who had both military combat experience and experience as a President leading a successful military campaign said that the reason he didn't take out Saddam was that it would destabilize the area, would lead to a counter-insurgency which we would find ourselves bogged down in a civil war for decades similar to Vietnam.

Basically you are an idiot, who obviously ignores history and doesn't read. There are plenty of books out there, besides SEE SPOT RUN, why don't you try reading some

you can start here

http://csis.org/files/media/csis/pubs/051209_...
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1051126 Jan 1, 2014
Hmmm...

Obama close GITMO yet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 20 min Mark 52,025
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 20 min White_Lightning 6,150
Ask Amy 7-1-15 21 min Mister Tonka 7
aggy-6-30-15 34 min Mister Tonka 18
9 dead 53 injured 36 min Right Wing 4
Word (Dec '08) 43 min White_Lightning 5,327
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 192,447
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr nonattorney spoke... 99,922
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages