Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1050834 Dec 31, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
it's her 7th or 8th attempt at "mocking" me, powerpuff.
Attempt?!

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/...

Ahahahahaahhahaha...

Maybe if'n you took that bull's eye off'n your butt.....
tell it like it is

Norman, OK

#1050835 Dec 31, 2013
Why Progressives and Liberals, not Walmart, should scare you...

Never forget what they said...

“Mary Jo wasn’t a right-wing talking point or a negative campaign slogan....We don’t know how much Kennedy was affected by her death, or what she’d have thought about arguably being a catalyst for the most successful Senate career in history....[One wonders what] Mary Jo Kopechne would have had to say about Ted’s death, and what she’d have thought of the life and career that are being (rightfully) heralded. Who knows — maybe she’d feel it was worth it.”
— Discover magazine deputy web editor Melissa Lafsky, who formerly worked on the New York Times’s Freakonomics blog, writing at the Huffington Post, August 27.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1050836 Dec 31, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
nobody is of "draft age" because there is no draft and never again will be....
women in combat roles are a joke....
65% of female Marines are unable to meet the minimum physical standard of three (3) pullups....
and yet recent combat experience proves you wrong.

http://www.npr.org/2011/02/22/133847765/silve...

The idea of being a hero doesn't really sit well with Leigh Ann Hester, so having an action figure modeled after her is, in a word, surreal. The doll, decked out in Army fatigues, an M4 rifle and small Oakley sunglasses, is supposed to be a tribute to Hester, a sergeant in the Army National Guard who received the Silver Star in 2005 for valor during a firefight in Iraq. "The action figure doesn't really look a whole lot like me," she says. "The box is better."

Chief Warrant Officer 3 Lori Hill is the first military woman to be awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross for heroism. In March 2006, Hill and another helicopter were flying convoy security for two Bradley vehicles on patrol in a small village. They learned of an attack at a nearby command center involving both U.S. and Iraqi forces, so they responded to provide air support.
http://nation.time.com/2011/08/24/women-are-h...

On the way they ran into a concentrated attack with rocket propelled grenades and machine gun fire. They laid down suppressing fire but the two aircraft continued on. When they arrived at the command center, they were greeted with machine gun fire, so they broke away and headed back in, shooting at the tracer fire. Drawing the fire away from the lead helo, Hill established communications with the ground troops, and provided suppressive fire for troops engaged with the enemy on the ground until they reached safety. On the third pass, a rocket-propelled grenade hit her, damaging the helo’s instrumentation. As she was banking away, the helo took machine gun fire which hit Hill in the foot. The aircraft was losing transmission power, as well as hydraulics, which prevented the copter from hovering, a crucial maneuver for landing. So, with a damaged aircraft and injury, she made an emergency landing at a nearby forward operating base, saving her crew and aircraft.

Over 140 military women have given their lives for their country in the last 10 years. If killed or wounded in action, they receive the Purple Heart. One of the most famous wounded warriors is Tammy Duckworth, who went on to serve as an assistant secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs. She lost the lower parts of both her legs when a rocket-propelled grenade hit the helicopter she was co-piloting over Iraq in 2004.

Read more: Women are Heroes, Too | TIME.com http://nation.time.com/2011/08/24/women-are-h...
tell it like it is

Norman, OK

#1050837 Dec 31, 2013
But he makes people laugh when he says this stuff...
"I'm not that convinced that that's her baby....The daughter - who we know is fertile because she's knocked up again, or maybe for the first time...she did like take a five-month leave from high school because she had [uses fingers to indicate quote marks]'mononucleosis' right around the time the baby was being born. And the mother, the so-called, you know, okay, maybe it is the mother, but, you know, she was back to work three days later. You don't smell something?...It's not like they're not willing to lie about everything else."
- HBO's Bill Maher on Real Time, September 5, 2008 promoting the left-wing conspiracy theory that Sarah Palin's infant son is actually her daughter Bristol's baby.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1050838 Dec 31, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong stupid! We want everybody to have the same opportunities and rights. That's a big damn difference as everyone having the same as everyone else.
Just how have we eroded your rights Carol? By not allowing the religious right to foist their narrow views on the rest of society?
The right wing is totally devoid of "common sense". Everyone should be allowed to own a gun but vote or marry the partner of their choice? Not so much.
Obamacare is not going to sink Carol and the Republicans know it. That's why they fought so hard against it. If it was going to fail they would have just let it and had political capital to spare for a decade.
But that just eludes fools like you.
"pdumb"
You lie. I know you consider me right wing and I am kinda. But it makes no difference to me that you have a same sex mate. It is your right, in some states you can marry that mate. nobama care is nobamanation. Why in the hell should any couple be forced to purchase insurance that must include, maternity benefits, child care, abortion/murder items. In your dumb, hand out world you believe that the government should dictate the products one must purchase.
Peace
KMA
Happy New Year

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1050839 Dec 31, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"Thinking" never was one of Olbermann's strong points.
But the loudmouth had the White House backing him up....and that was all he needed, he "thought".

ahahahahhahahahahaha

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1050840 Dec 31, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha..thanks Obamacare.
surely your not suggesting that high paying jobs were not going off shore before the ACA.
tell it like it is

Norman, OK

#1050841 Dec 31, 2013
We are all gonna die and this guy will be in his fall out shelter...

"Not doing it [fighting global warming] will be catastrophic. We'll be eight degrees hotter in ten, not ten but in 30 or 40 years, and basically none of the crops will grow. Most of the people will have died and the rest of us will be cannibals. Civilization will have broken down."
|- CNN founder Ted Turner on PBS's Charlie Rose, April 1, 2008.

Spokane, WA

#1050842 Dec 31, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
don't get mad just because FOX can't sway public opinion with biased lies.
there are only 3 million FOXbots. what do you expect?
"sonic"
and msnbc and cnn have less then 1 million liberalbots. Not a surprize.
Peace
KMA
Happy New Year

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1050843 Dec 31, 2013
tell it like it is wrote:
Why Progressives and Liberals, not Walmart, should scare you...
Never forget what they said...
“Mary Jo wasn’t a right-wing talking point or a negative campaign slogan....We don’t know how much Kennedy was affected by her death, or what she’d have thought about arguably being a catalyst for the most successful Senate career in history....[One wonders what] Mary Jo Kopechne would have had to say about Ted’s death, and what she’d have thought of the life and career that are being (rightfully) heralded. Who knows — maybe she’d feel it was worth it.”
— Discover magazine deputy web editor Melissa Lafsky, who formerly worked on the New York Times’s Freakonomics blog, writing at the Huffington Post, August 27.
What a bizarre, sickening statement!
Straight from the jaws of a WildAnus.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1050844 Dec 31, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
improve your skills...
or work two jobs if necessary....
or get rid of the current job-killing government...
and just how is one to improve their skills if they are working two jobs to support their family, pay the mortgage to keep their family from becoming homeless.

how is someone to improve their skills if they don't have a job and the money to pay to go to school while trying to support their family

Spokane, WA

#1050845 Dec 31, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
FOX News isn't biased????
"Are you kidding me???????"
"emeaningless"
msnbc is bot biased????
"Are you kidding me"????
Peace
KMA
Happy New Year

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1050846 Dec 31, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who denies the FACT that the temperature of our planet is rising at a rate far faster than ever before is too closed minded to engage in a conversation about the realities of Global Warming. I'm not going to waste my time.
this is one of my favorites

"Global warming temporarily ground to a halt over the last 10 years, thanks to increased pollution from China, the El Niño system in the Pacific, and a slight drop in the energy Earth gets from the sun."

position is either causing global warming, or it is halting it...it can't do both
tell it like it is

Norman, OK

#1050847 Dec 31, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
and yet recent combat experience proves you wrong.
http://www.npr.org/2011/02/22/133847765/silve...
The idea of being a hero doesn't really sit well with Leigh Ann Hester, so having an action figure modeled after her is, in a word, surreal. The doll, decked out in Army fatigues, an M4 rifle and small Oakley sunglasses, is supposed to be a tribute to Hester, a sergeant in the Army National Guard who received the Silver Star in 2005 for valor during a firefight in Iraq. "The action figure doesn't really look a whole lot like me," she says. "The box is better."
Chief Warrant Officer 3 Lori Hill is the first military woman to be awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross for heroism. In March 2006, Hill and another helicopter were flying convoy security for two Bradley vehicles on patrol in a small village. They learned of an attack at a nearby command center involving both U.S. and Iraqi forces, so they responded to provide air support.
http://nation.time.com/2011/08/24/women-are-h...
On the way they ran into a concentrated attack with rocket propelled grenades and machine gun fire. They laid down suppressing fire but the two aircraft continued on. When they arrived at the command center, they were greeted with machine gun fire, so they broke away and headed back in, shooting at the tracer fire. Drawing the fire away from the lead helo, Hill established communications with the ground troops, and provided suppressive fire for troops engaged with the enemy on the ground until they reached safety. On the third pass, a rocket-propelled grenade hit her, damaging the helo’s instrumentation. As she was banking away, the helo took machine gun fire which hit Hill in the foot. The aircraft was losing transmission power, as well as hydraulics, which prevented the copter from hovering, a crucial maneuver for landing. So, with a damaged aircraft and injury, she made an emergency landing at a nearby forward operating base, saving her crew and aircraft.
Over 140 military women have given their lives for their country in the last 10 years. If killed or wounded in action, they receive the Purple Heart. One of the most famous wounded warriors is Tammy Duckworth, who went on to serve as an assistant secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs. She lost the lower parts of both her legs when a rocket-propelled grenade hit the helicopter she was co-piloting over Iraq in 2004.
Read more: Women are Heroes, Too | TIME.com http://nation.time.com/2011/08/24/women-are-h...
Al Franken speaking about a US military Veteran and POW, John McCain...

"...I just read his autobiography and I like that a lot. I think he’s admirable in many, many ways. He has certainly been courageous on tobacco and campaign finance reform. I read the book and it has a lot about his time in captivity in North Vietnam being tortured and stuff. I don’t understand why all this war hero stuff. I mean anybody can get captured. Isn’t the idea to capture the other guy? As far as I’m concerned, he sat out the war..."

http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~ovoice/pages/arc...

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1050848 Dec 31, 2013
tell it like it is wrote:
A Progressive show us how to act...
“Do it [repeal Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell] because it will make Rush Limbaugh explode like a bag full of meat dropped from a helicopter. Do it because it will make Sarah Palin ‘go rogue’ in her pants.”
“When we see crazy, senseless deaths like this, we can only ask why, why, why couldn't it have been Glenn Beck?”
“Sarah Palin screaming about death panels? You know what, Sarah, if we were killing off useless people, you'd be the first to know.”
— Three clips of Bill Maher: from October 9, 2009 Real Time with Bill Maher on HBO; March 5, 2010 Real Time with Bill Maher; and March 31, 2010 Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
Just in case you forgot, Bill is a comedian....and I have to admit all three lines were funny. But I wouldn't go out and act on them,, nor would I take it any other way but in jest

as opposed to some of the hate and wishing all liberals dead by the likes of Ann Coulter who isn't a comedian but a political pundit

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1050849 Dec 31, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that cute!!
True romance, TOPIX style.
Gunner will be mad!!
better than the reach around you're giving Dave, powerpuff.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1050850 Dec 31, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Rob Reiner is 99% Mouth.
The other 1% is anybody's guess.
Wallet? With an estimated net worth of over $100 million__Rob Reiner is welcome wherever he goes.

You? Not so much__there are pretend meatheads__and real life ones who spend their days and evening fkns around on anonymous forums pushing the right wing fantasy.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1050851 Dec 31, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Cite the source where climatologists deny the existence of ice.
"Are you kidding me??????"
um...who ever said anyone denied the existence of ice? Wow. Just when we thought you were all out of stupid.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1050852 Dec 31, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"....deny the existence of ice"????
Who is in control of your neural mass there, Dood?
algore?

Spokane, WA

#1050853 Dec 31, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
"Putin vows to annihilate "terrorists" after suicide bombings"
Putin can't put down a rebellion in Chechyna that's been going on siince 1994.
Seems some nitwits here are big Putin supporters.
Dweeb, Whatever and Fetch all proclaim Putin a hero of Democracy.
He's actually a Communist with KGB past.
Teabaggers love authoritarians. Go figure.
"nutsucker"
What the heck, president nobama, is a big supporter of putin, he kisses putin's fanny for bailing him out?
Peace
KMA
Happy New year

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 min Cheftell 69,138
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Rogue Scholar 05 185,149
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr orange 71,562
Arlington Heights woman charged with psychic-se... (Dec '08) 1 hr Kyle 27
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 5 hr Just Saying 54,548
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr femiguy 51,578
Word (Dec '08) 7 hr Moon Rhythm 5,088
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:51 pm PST

Bleacher Report12:51PM
Report: 7-Time Pro Bowl LB Briggs Won't Return to Bears