Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1264162 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1050988 Dec 31, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Happy New Year to all, and to all a good night!!
Happy New year to you too. I hope things go better for you next year and you wise up.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1050989 Dec 31, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
That's basically absurd.
Today's science is more than able to measure changes year to year.
The overall changes take long periods to show up, but the incremental changes are very measurable, like the Carbon Dioxide level rise.
"" Atmospheric carbon dioxide reaches 400 parts per million concentration milestone""
""For the first time in human history, the concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere has reached 400 parts per million (ppm). The arrival at this threshold represents a powerful symbol of the growing human influence on the Earthís climate.
Manmade emissions of carbon dioxide have increased the atmospheric concentration of CO2 from around 270 to 280 ppm in the late 1700s to todayís record high level Ė a 43 percent increase. Measurements of CO2 trapped in air bubbles from ice cores in Antarctica indicate todayís levels are unsurpassed in at least 800,000 years.""
----------
Cut through the noise from the right.
Things are bad and deteriorating fast.
These asshats will be dead soon, they don't care about the future.
That's obvious from their fear of healthcare for all.
Perhaps I didn't express myself as well as I should have. All I meant was that you don't base global warming on the measurements from a single year. It is the compilation of measurements over many years that are proof of global warming.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1050990 Dec 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some things shouldn't change. Marriage and the definition of the family unit as being the foundation of any society is one of them. A mother and a father. Not one woman pretending to be a father or one man pretending to be a mother.
My brother-in-law is gay too. Has had the same partner for almost 20 years. Hard worker and has a good job in San Francisco.
I love him dearly and think a great deal of his partner. But I could never address them as man and wife. And hope I never have to.
The liberals don't get it.

They don't understand normal.

They don't understand the pain a child goes through having a mommy and another mommy with no Dad like a normal life.

The NAZI radical left just wants votes. They really do not care about anything else. If they can divide us, they do,

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1050991 Dec 31, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
dumbass Dave debunks the law of supply and demand....
Galt thinks people are objects & all the same.

Underpay an employee & while they are working for you, they are seeking better employment.

Pay a good wage & they stay & all they learn increases their value to the company.

Good employees save money in less supervision, better & more output & saves retraining because they don't leave.

This is proof Galt never ran anything in his life.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1050992 Dec 31, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
most people in your kind of business work off the books for less than minimum wage....
You do not know the business I am in or where I worked previously.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1050993 Dec 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The left criticizes Fox News when they don't blatantly lie...cheat...steal...whatever ...to sway public opinion to get their chosen candidate elected.
Sometimes I wish there were extreme rightwing conservative networks and newspapers who did that as unashamedly as the NY Times, ABC, NBC and MSNBC. Maybe even two or three of them to balance out the bias just so the left would get a taste of their own medicine.
It's because Fox News doesn't do that and there aren't any other major news outlets as far rightwing as the leftwing media that liberals have no idea what's it like to be in our shoes.
They think outright biased news, black out news and distorted news is the norm. This article is a perfect example. And it's only just begun. It's a matter of time before they portray Hillary with a halo over her head and elevate her to sainthood.
Lord I hope not, that poor woman has had enough head problems before resigning already.

:-)

Happy New Year Carol -

One of my fav videos of the year..(still)...is a good one for New Years.!!!

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap120710.html

"Peace" on Earth!

Location hidden

#1050994 Dec 31, 2013
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that useless and incorrect information, DumbDave. In the 70's you were alarmed about an Ice Age, idiot. Make up your mind for Christ's sake.
You libtards also said Ronald Reagan was going to start WWIII.
Instead, the old U.S.S.R. freed Eastern Europe, the Berlin Wall fell and the Cold War ended.
I'm not a sock puppet. That would be you.

However, in an attempt to educate you:

"As global temperatures rise, Arctic ice melts and massive amounts of fresh water pour into the North Atlantic and slow the Gulf Stream down. By slowing or stopping this ocean current, global warming actually would cool Europe down dramatically. If other ocean currents were disrupted, the entire planet could experience the same cooling effect and cause an ice age."

http://curiosity.discovery.com/question/globa...

As far as Reagan is concerned. He was an actor playing a part. He was in the right place at the right time when the Berlin Wall came down but he wasn't the one who made it happen.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1050995 Dec 31, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt thinks people are objects & all the same.
Underpay an employee & while they are working for you, they are seeking better employment.
Pay a good wage & they stay & all they learn increases their value to the company.
Good employees save money in less supervision, better & more output & saves retraining because they don't leave.
This is proof Galt never ran anything in his life.
He runs his worm posting yap just as good as you do-worm.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1050996 Dec 31, 2013
Ike warns us about science..

'A Government contract becomes a substitute for intellectual curiosity"

Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1050997 Dec 31, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The link below has a list of all active legislation being addressed by Senate as of December 23rd. Which 30 do you think the Senate is "sitting on"? The Abortion ban, 20 weeks? Assault Weapons? Background Checks for fire arms? Healthcare overhaul? Keystone XL Pipeline? Pick 30 and we can discuss them. After that, perhaps we should discuss all the bills sent by the Senate that the House is "sitting on".
http://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/legislative/...
Since you mentioned it, let's discuss the "Democ-RAT" Senate.

Didn't they just pass a budget for the first time since Obama has been president?

"Senate passes its first budget proposal in four years"

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/23/politics/senate...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1050998 Dec 31, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
work.....
Paul Ryan Doubles Down on Cutting Veteran Pensions
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...
COLAS should be reconsidered at certain income levels.

Minimum wage earners don't get that annually.

And they can't get VA home loans either.

COMMON SENSE.

That kid Ryan, has some....we just need to keep an eye on the codgers around him lol.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1050999 Dec 31, 2013
Fool:
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a sock puppet. That would be you.
However, in an attempt to educate you:
"As global temperatures rise, Arctic ice melts and massive amounts of fresh water pour into the North Atlantic and slow the Gulf Stream down. By slowing or stopping this ocean current, global warming actually would cool Europe down dramatically. If other ocean currents were disrupted, the entire planet could experience the same cooling effect and cause an ice age."
http://curiosity.discovery.com/question/globa...
As far as Reagan is concerned. He was an actor playing a part. He was in the right place at the right time when the Berlin Wall came down but he wasn't the one who made it happen.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1051000 Dec 31, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I got it right dummy.
You had a good(lucky) year, you survived 3 meth lab explosions and what 10-12 accidents with your still, mostly from it falling over.
Here are a few New Year's resolutions for you:
1. Learn the English language
2. Share some of your squirrel and possum recipes with Flack.
3. Build your still on flat land
Luck (ell u say)

(and SOME of it was just THAT good, Homer, duhmmy.)
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1051001 Dec 31, 2013
Well dumb liberals, enough of your foolishness for one year.
I have a feeling you morons will still be imbeciles next year.
Happy New Year to those of us that care and work hard and help others.
To you liberals that simply want to take, eff off and grow up.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1051002 Dec 31, 2013
Likely empathetic to anyone encircled by a swarm of outraged conservatives, Fox News Channel's lonely liberal Alan Colmes rushed to the defense of embattled MSNBC host Melissa Harris-Perry on Tuesday.

Colmes used his blog to dispute the notion that Harris-Perry was mocking Mitt Romney's black grandson, Kieran, during a segment over the weekend.

The mockery, Colmes pointed out, was directed at the GOP ó not Kieran Romney.

During the segment, two of Harris-Perry's guests made jokes after a photo of the Romney clan was shown on screen. Comedian Dean Obeidallah said the photo "really sums up the diversity of the Republican Party," while actress Pia Glenn sang "one of these things is not like the other."

As Colmes noted, Harris-Perry actually called the Romney grandson "gorgeous."

"Nevertheless, the media, particularly the right-wing media, reported that the panel made fun of the baby, which isnít what happened," Colmes wrote.

Harris-Perry apologized for the segment on Tuesday but said she "meant no offense."

"Melissa Harris-Perry is apologizing for something that she didnít do wrong," Colmes wrote.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/alan-co...

i haven't even seen the video but i know that if nutjobs are acting like everyone should offended then the only people who are going to be offended are nutjobs.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1051003 Dec 31, 2013
Republicans Attacks On Melissa Harris-Perry Canít Hide Their Racist Agenda

This episode of right wing victimhood was naturally brought to you by Sarah Palin, Queen of Self-Pity, who started the entire thing because nothing says Iím not a racist like demanding apologies from black people for having an opinion on race.

Kurtz explained in a Fox News article,ďMaybe it was supposed to be okay because the host is African-American. But I think the segment took a horribly wrong turn.Ē

Yes, please do weigh in, whitest of the whites of the Whites Only Channel. Let us hear what is permissible for another human to think and feel about their own history!

....While it is best to leave children out of any kind of political commentary, this is not good outreach for Republicans and in truth, no one was making fun of the grandchild ó they were making fun of Mitt Romney. Republicans obviously donít understand what racism is. Itís a structure to keep the oppressed down, not a discussion of race.

Republicans set themselves up for this stuff by championing policies to hurt the very children they use as props to shore up their image (see Sarah Palin). Itís called hypocrisy, and it begs to be made fun of. BEGS.

Race cards and weiners, oh my! Rush Limbaugh likes to say,ďItís entertainment.Ē But as you know, the first amendment and the right to be politically incorrect during comedic moments belong exclusively to Republicans. Dissenters need not apply for freedom.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/12/31/repubi...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1051004 Dec 31, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>
People are trading BMW's Mercedes and other high buck foreign entries in on Jeeps, Fords and even some GM products__Buick's for instance.
...if you want a car that will fall apart in less than 100K miles, knock yourself out...

somebody has to buy that stuff...

others prefer lasting driving quality over cupholders and useless electronics...
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1051005 Dec 31, 2013
Loon Post:
sonicfilter wrote:
Republicans Attacks On Melissa Harris-Perry Canít Hide Their Racist Agenda
This episode of right wing victimhood was naturally brought to you by Sarah Palin, Queen of Self-Pity, who started the entire thing because nothing says Iím not a racist like demanding apologies from black people for having an opinion on race.
Kurtz explained in a Fox News article,ďMaybe it was supposed to be okay because the host is African-American. But I think the segment took a horribly wrong turn.Ē
Yes, please do weigh in, whitest of the whites of the Whites Only Channel. Let us hear what is permissible for another human to think and feel about their own history!
....While it is best to leave children out of any kind of political commentary, this is not good outreach for Republicans and in truth, no one was making fun of the grandchild ó they were making fun of Mitt Romney. Republicans obviously donít understand what racism is. Itís a structure to keep the oppressed down, not a discussion of race.
Republicans set themselves up for this stuff by championing policies to hurt the very children they use as props to shore up their image (see Sarah Palin). Itís called hypocrisy, and it begs to be made fun of. BEGS.
Race cards and weiners, oh my! Rush Limbaugh likes to say,ďItís entertainment.Ē But as you know, the first amendment and the right to be politically incorrect during comedic moments belong exclusively to Republicans. Dissenters need not apply for freedom.
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/12/31/repubi...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1051006 Dec 31, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like the childish gay bashing name calling you do here every day?
homosexuals are legally entitled to pursue their perverted lifestyle....

Location hidden

#1051007 Dec 31, 2013
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you mentioned it, let's discuss the "Democ-RAT" Senate.
Didn't they just pass a budget for the first time since Obama has been president?
"Senate passes its first budget proposal in four years"
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/23/politics/senate...
Well, the Senate did pass a budget in 2009 for 2010 so you are wrong on that point. Then, in 2011 the Budget Control Act set spending caps for the next several years which eliminated the need for a separate budget. With the January 1st expiration of the Budget Control Act's specific spending targets it became necessary for the Senate to pass a budget and that is what they did.

Besides, with Teaparty members in the House, any Senate budget wouldn't have stood a chance in hell of surviving in the House. The one that was just passed will be shot down as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 29 min Jacques Ottawa 194,654
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IBdaMann 54,341
News Lollapalooza day two marked by angst, apathy-an... 4 hr chimpcago 1
Please SUBSCRIBE to my YOUTUBE channel for awes... 5 hr The Cloud 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr CrunchyBacon 100,287
News Fatal heat wave 20 years ago changed Chicago's ... 10 hr No8isClassic 8
Can't these people do better? 10 hr Magonigol 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages