Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1262626 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1050783 Dec 31, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Yesterday you made the point that people in these good jobs were whiners and should get two jobs if they needed more money to support their families. Now today you're saying these jobs aren't any good.
Will the real John Galt please come forward and clear this up?
Galt said, "sure, there are lots of jobs...mostly low-paying or part-time...."

where did Galt say that the jobs "aren't any good"???...

any job is better than no job...
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#1050785 Dec 31, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree.
I disagree more. In fact I have reached the pinnacle of disagreement.
LCNin

United States

#1050786 Dec 31, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Yesterday you made the point that people in these good jobs were whiners and should get two jobs if they needed more money to support their families. Now today you're saying these jobs aren't any good.
Will the real John Galt please come forward and clear this up?
The real one ...may well be on welfare or medicare.

Ayn Rand was on Medicare...guess thats the doll

according to libertarians

with government jobs

LOL

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1050787 Dec 31, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm flattered you're taking notes on my posts. You should do more than spell check and read the bio, try to concentrate on the content. You'll be a better person for it.
Be careful, he's got mental health problems. He will stalk you.

He's been obsessed with me for years now, saving posts from years back and constantly talking about I7 processor chips he thinks are a Computer Model Name. LOL

He's a very confused PowerpuffPrincess..

Last evening, he was giving his Teabagger buddy 'Whatever it is' a synopsis of my time here on TOPIX, as if she didn't already know,having beenhere herself for 5 years.
LCNin

United States

#1050788 Dec 31, 2013
The real one G....may well be on welfare or medicare.

Ayn Rand was on Medicare...guess thats the* dole *

according to libertarians

with government jobs

LOL

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1050789 Dec 31, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an absolute moron would use a ship getting stuck in the ice as proof that global warming isn't true.
You just spoke a mouthful.

Too bad it comes from the wrong end.

A ship-full of politically correct climatologists getting stuck in a too-thick ice cover they claim shouldn't be there in the first place is not just ironic but funny as hell.

Start laughing.
LCNin

United States

#1050790 Dec 31, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Right wing morons have used socks to mock progressives here forever. They love this crap when they do it. I'm going to keep using this sock until they quit. They hate having their hypocrisy rubbed it their faces.
:-)

Location hidden

#1050791 Dec 31, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Right wing morons have used socks to mock progressives here forever. They love this crap when they do it. I'm going to keep using this sock until they quit. They hate having their hypocrisy rubbed it their faces.
Yes, they do.

Funny how they'll attack you, but ignore the completely insane sock ImSurprised.

They think he's on their side, but all he does is verify how crazy the whole bunch of them are.

It's the culture,,,,,,,,,,

HACHACHACHA

Location hidden

#1050792 Dec 31, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
sure, there are lots of jobs...mostly low-paying or part-time....
So get your stinky ass off TOPIX and get a job!!

You've been here for 5 years, 24/7.

Lapeer, MI

#1050793 Dec 31, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I have run businesses & now have my own, I would be embarrassed to pay anyone minimum wage.
This idea you right whiners hold that the only way to survive in business is to f*ck your employees just shows how stupid you people are.
Fergit the minimum wage embarrassment.

You should be embarrassed writing this tripe on a blog and attaching your name to it.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#1050794 Dec 31, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
That's Homer sock you have on your hand. You may want to take it off, Homer stepped in bear shit earlier and put on a clean pair. At least stop wiping your nose with it.

Is telling everyone "if you like your healthcare plan, you can keep it" hypocrisy or just a flat out lie?
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1050795 Dec 31, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Funny how not a one of the Teabaggers have come to the defense of Phil Robertson today.
Proves that racism and homophobia are ok with these nitwits, but they draw the line at pedophelia.
What happened to "He's a Godly Man"??
HACHACHACHA
Phil wins, you teabagger lose... end of story...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1050796 Dec 31, 2013
tell it like it is wrote:
Good Ethics pt 2...
Japan...
'More than 5,700 safes that washed ashore along the coastline have also been hauled to police stations by volunteers and rescue crews.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-20271...
Safes washing ashore seems a stretch. But__those who've been to Japan have seen thousands of unlocked bicycles left in racks while the owners worked, shopped, schmoozed etc.

That's not about ethics___it's about honor..

Location hidden

#1050797 Dec 31, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Gasoline not cheap but manageable at a bit over $3.10 pg in most locations, beer holding steady.
Home electricity prices virtually unchanged since this thread began__water not so much__water is going to be a problem going forward, particularly in locations where sewerage costs are tied to water usage.
Most other prices are up at average over past twenty years. US caught/produced seafood an exception.
People are trading BMW's Mercedes and other high buck foreign entries in on Jeeps, Fords and even some GM products__Buick's for instance.
This Obama guy knows what he's doing__he really does.
I rented a Buick LaCrosse recently. I travel a lot, and use rental cars.

Very nice car, easily the match of anything out of Japan, Korea, Germany.

The right wingnuts, esp. Nobraina completely missed the target when they attacked GM.

GWB and Obama saved th eAmerican Auto Industry, and all these asshats can do is whine and pretend Bush had nothing to do with it!!

Denial is not just a river in Egypt!!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1050798 Dec 31, 2013
Eman,

I am fine. It was a very bad joke-apparently.

As today will be very busy for me, I need a break from Topix until 2014-tomorrow.

groan in unison.

Hoping you have a Happy New Year surrounded by family and friends

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1050799 Dec 31, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"...groups funded by the project will be expected to share their technologies and findings with each other and the public."
Sure. The Magic Negro is the same evil azzhole that has the NSA opening your mail to install backdoor spyware into your electronic purchases.
And he wants to share with you how the human mind can be manipulated?
The NY Times and Oprah will make the case for this, I'm sure
"Your mind is all you have." ~ Sam Harris

Too bad him and his buddies are promoting taking away your full ownership of how you absorb and react to the world around you.

Will God make allowances for "choices" made by those who have had their very "mindedness" stolen from them? I'm reminded of the old saying "God helps those who help themselves." Somehow I don't think the author of those words ever dreamed of the technology that will make soul stealing possible. As far as I'm concerned it's an unforgivable crime to take from man what Nature so sublimely gave, individuality.

Obama has already shown his displeasure in the public having access to "other" choices when he attempted to censor the FOX news network. It is good that the other networks saw where that was leading; the censorship of ALL networks. I'm not surprised that Obama would jump at the chance to find a way to censor our actual brains, it WOULD ensure his groups' absolute control over any opposing voice.

Too bad the victims of Harris's dreams won't even know that they are slaves to an abomination. Your mind is all you have, enjoy it while you can.

Lapeer, MI

#1050800 Dec 31, 2013
This would be great for cleaning out Liberal Media bias.

It would make a great Holiday Cheese Slicer, too.

http://tinyurl.com/m7vnpnh
LCNin

United States

#1050801 Dec 31, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You just spoke a mouthful.
Too bad it comes from the wrong end.
A ship-full of politically correct climatologists getting stuck in a too-thick ice cover they claim shouldn't be there in the first place is not just ironic but funny as hell.
Start laughing.
President Barack Obama
and
former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton

lead as the most admired man and woman in America, respectively, by wide margins, according to a new poll Monday.

Obama and Clinton top the Gallup poll for the sixth consecutive year.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1050802 Dec 31, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
apostman = 99Percent = Anonymous = Emeem

It's the culture....

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1050803 Dec 31, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Good thing they are down there proving global warming huh. I mean the ice is melting, no wait they are frozen in by the ice.
Doesn't that prove global warming??? Maybe not .
What say you uSmsinceforever?
Anyone who denies the FACT that the temperature of our planet is rising at a rate far faster than ever before is too closed minded to engage in a conversation about the realities of Global Warming. I'm not going to waste my time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 min Mister Tonka 100,263
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min JRB 194,383
Amy 7-29-15 56 min mrs gladys kravitz 14
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 58 min Business owner 54,330
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Mark 52,057
abby7-29-15 1 hr mrs gladys kravitz 7
Cincinnati campus police officer charged with m... 2 hr Middle of the road 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages