Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1050004 Dec 30, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
you were the one that first compared the four. I was just pointing out that the coaches had some time prior to being let go, something that you would not afford the Sec. Sebelius.
I also pointed out that using your logic, firing at the first misstep, Bush should have been fired at 09:15 EDT 9/11/2001 for a CATASTROPHIC FAILURE TO PROTECT THE UNITED STATES AND ITS CITIZENS
Just to refresh your swiss cheese memory
III Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Your logic is what comes up lacking with a big dash of pettiness to top it off.
FOCUS: The topic is appointed positions. The positions I listed fell into that category---
All appointed positions may be terminated at anytime for any reason
Still following...
Sibelius is an appointed position and can be removed at anytime for job failures.
And here I thought the Progressives couldn't screw this one up.
you mean like Phil of Duck Dynasty????
II Whatever 1049746
Your logic is what comes up lacking with a big dash of pettiness to top it off.
FOCUS: The topic is appointed positions. The positions I listed fell into that category---
All appointed positions may be terminated at anytime for any reason
Still following...
Sibelius is an appointed position and can be removed at anytime for job failures.
And here I thought the Progressives couldn't screw this one up.
I. Whatever 1049712
Summary...
Browns coach: FIRED
Vikings coach: FIRED
Redskins coach: FIRED
Sebelius: STILL EMPLOYED
Still confusing appointed with elected?

Appointed...
1. by, through, or as a result of an appointment (often in contrast with elected ):
2. to name or assign to a position, an office, or the like; designate:
....Yes, the coaches were appointed to their position.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/appoin...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1050005 Dec 30, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
The drones cost money and they shouldn't be patrolling the us, do you agree?
You think the nanny government should patrol the world?
Speaking of drones, how far is District Hts Maryland from Philadelphia?

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1050006 Dec 30, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats false there is no loss of arctic ice.
Dude, I can I have some of that weed you're smoking

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1050007 Dec 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Does your mortgage holder "force" you to buy homeowner's insurance? Does your state "force" you to buy car insurance? Why not health insurance? It is an insurance policy that you will actually use. Unless you are an idiot who never goes to the doctor.
when you CHOOSE to buy a mortgage, that's part of the contract.
when you CHOOSE to drive your car on public roads, that's part of the deal.
only idiots pay hundreds a month to save $60 bucks going to the doctor.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1050008 Dec 30, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Willie Robertson's family adopted a brown baby. Must be making proggy heads explode.
long before they were on TV....

actions, not empty words...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1050009 Dec 30, 2013
LCNin wrote:
<quoted text>
Impeachment seems important in a civics class.
Two presidents impeached in 200 plus years, neither convicted.
President Obama won the popular and electoral college vote twice
and has the power of Veto.
You can't veto an impeachment.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1050010 Dec 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
and how does a news person maintain the illusion of objectivity on this divisive issue after publicly announcing their loyalty???...
so I guess that would apply to Clearly conservative Fox news reporters being unable to maintain their objectivity on anything political TOO!!!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1050011 Dec 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
27 of 35 Bush Articles of Impeachment Apply to Obama
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/02/27-of-...
you tell me.
There was never any impeachment procedure launched in congress against Bush. You are confusing a wish list with an actual event.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1050012 Dec 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i would think a right wing nutjob would be the last to knock prophecy.
Right-wing ‘tea party’ protest in Orlando features signs calling for the impeachment of President Obama.
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2009/03/23/...
March, 2009.
so.

"Texas Democrat, Kesha Rogers, campaigned in Texas on an "Impeach Obama" platform and won with over 53 % of the vote"

"Democrat Says Obama Risks Impeachment if He Goes Around Congress and Attacks Syria"

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1050013 Dec 30, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
since they don't OWN the homes, why should they have homeowner's insurance??
think about it.
I have homeowners insurance on a home I don't own....since I have no stake in the building if it were to burn down I gain to score big...
kind like what happened when the GOP led Congress broke down the walls between investment and savings banks
credit default swaps....allowing money market managers to bundle up financially unsound mortgages into securities, sell them and then take out insurance that they would fail....
we all know how that ended up
You two really don't realize how stupid you sound. A person may not have a car. They may not have a house. But, they have a body that requires maintenance and, for that, they are required BY LAW to carry health insurance.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1050014 Dec 30, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Responsible is now O'bama supporters who can't pay their bills because of a high deductible? You go old lady...stupid fool. Bankruptcies are going to sky rocket because of O'bamacare and you want to forgive them? ROTFLMAO. Where is your sense of fairness--you can't punish others and not punish even more. Your lobbying efforts are flawed. Aren't you the party of 'fairness'? ROTFLMAO--of course liberals and democrats are NOT.
PS if they were responsible, they would pay their bills.
many people who previously had "free" medical care because they were unable to pay will now have "insurance" that has huge deductibles and copays...

...why would anybody believe they will be able to make those payments???...

arguably they are worse off with so-called "insurance"

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1050015 Dec 30, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to be a meltdown that is effecting some Progressives caused by some unknown event. On Twitter some guy went on for over 30 hours slashing and dashing. So much anger/so few victims.
usually he works up to this kind of meltdown. You gotta admit, its fun to watch.
yTube

Marietta, GA

#1050016 Dec 30, 2013

Thus says the LORD :-----to EVERY minister in USA

http://youtu.be/TMpUW0GFnoE

Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1050017 Dec 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
and how does a news person maintain the illusion of objectivity on this divisive issue after publicly announcing their loyalty???...
Ahem, she's a sportscaster and broadcast personality__not to be confused with actual news.

To be fair actual news is rare these days__particularly at any of the Murdoch properties.

BTW Roberts was great at ESPN.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1050018 Dec 30, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Still confusing appointed with elected?
Appointed...
1. by, through, or as a result of an appointment (often in contrast with elected ):
2. to name or assign to a position, an office, or the like; designate:
....Yes, the coaches were appointed to their position.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/appoin...
geesh, You really are lost in space....DANGER WHATEVER DANGER

You are the one that compare Sebelius to the fired coaches, see your original post below. I responded to that. Never got into elected vs appointed. My post was just that the coaches had a certain amount of time before being fired, you seem to want to fire Sebelius right away

. Whatever 1049712
Summary...
Browns coach: FIRED
Vikings coach: FIRED
Redskins coach: FIRED
Sebelius: STILL EMPLOYED
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1050019 Dec 30, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
so I guess that would apply to Clearly conservative Fox news reporters being unable to maintain their objectivity on anything political TOO!!!
Anyone who openly announces their loyalty.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1050020 Dec 30, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
This is too good!!
Now Betsy Wetsy is whining to other posters about the big, mean man picking on poor widdle BetsyWetsy!!
We should all shun him, she says.
Didn't take long for the Teabaggers to calll for censorship!!
I'm lovin' it!!
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Never fear. Your Teabagger top pal Emaam just showed up to Teabag you.
she didn't say anything about censorship, stupid. Close one eye and read slowly. Lol

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1050021 Dec 30, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
when you CHOOSE to buy a mortgage, that's part of the contract.
when you CHOOSE to drive your car on public roads, that's part of the deal.
only idiots pay hundreds a month to save $60 bucks going to the doctor.
I know that's right!!!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1050022 Dec 30, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
so.
"Texas Democrat, Kesha Rogers, campaigned in Texas on an "Impeach Obama" platform and won with over 53 % of the vote"
"Democrat Says Obama Risks Impeachment if He Goes Around Congress and Attacks Syria"
What amuses me with Sonic is he is simultaneously posts some Dem's wish list for impeachment against Bush while claiming to be outraged by the other side using the word.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1050023 Dec 30, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
so.
are you that simple minded that you confuse the use of the word impeach with actually calling for impeachment.

Really dude, saying someone RISKS impeachment for a certain action is NOT same as calling for impeachment.

Boy what a MAROON

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min Frijoles 69,485
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 46 min OzRitz 46,991
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 178,582
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr PEllen 98,344
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr On Again Off Again 50,020
A short math question. I will reply with answer... 3 hr Whats the Bulb An... 8
Rattlesnake Logic 3 hr HomeGrownTerrorism 3
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]