Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Abolish The Fed

Newark, NJ

#1049984 Dec 30, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
isn't that what the financial markets, investment bankers and money market managers did. They took other people's money, invested in questionable markets (mortgage backed securities) and reaped the benefits. When the securities failed, they had no stake in it. They kept the profits bur socialized the losses
Yep
The dangers of funny money.
If there was real money this stuff wouldn't happen as much.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1049985 Dec 30, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
those coaches had contracts, did they not?
Add Tampa Bays coach and GM to the list__pretty sure Detroit's coaching and scouting staff will get another enema.

Looks as though winning by losing ends with politics eh?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1049986 Dec 30, 2013
tell it like it is wrote:
Our moral and intellectual superiors...
"Dem. Rep: Obamacare Enrollment Low Because People Think Law Is Repealed"
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/367203/d...
kinda true given all the Obama delays and exemptions...

this dog will never hunt...

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1049987 Dec 30, 2013
tell it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
Record Ice in Antarctic...
'Antarctic sea ice hit 35-year record high Saturday'
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-w...
Arctic: NORTH POLAR REGION

Antarctic: SOUTH POLAR REGION

Ergo, what happens in the south pole has little direct effect on the Northern Hemisphere.

Arctic ice is at an all time low.

Okay, we all know you are scientifically illiterate, but now it seems you are geographically challenged too.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1049988 Dec 30, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
The increase in the purchasing and use of drones is expanding the military.
Not to mention dangerous in using them to patrol the us.
What do you mean by "drones expand" the military? It certainly does not expand the number of military personnel. In fact, only 82 percent of the available training positions for remotely piloted aircraft are filled. However, if you merely mean it expands the military's reach, we should all be cheering the fact that unmanned, round-the-clock drones are patrolling Afghanistan, Yemen and North Africa as opposed to U.S. forces. That is a good thing. The safety of our troops comes first.
Abolish The Fed

Newark, NJ

#1049989 Dec 30, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
scientists have been observing this for the past few years, I read about it a couple of years ago. The effect on climate in the U.S. is that weather storms will be more severe. The cold air comes down into the middle of the U.S. meeting warm moist air coming up from the Gulf of Mexico
Now, one would ask why are these jet streams, which used to circle the polar regions, coming south.
LOSS OF ARCTIC ICE.
As the polar ice cap shrinks, the up flow of cold air that controlled the circular polar jet streams don't have those barriers. As such, the cold polar jet streams dip into the continental U.S.
Global Warming/Climate change also explain why winters in NE U.S. and NW Europe will be more severe. The Gulf Stream which moderates winters in those areas becomes weaker, as the polar waters warm up. The temperature difference between the polar and equatorial waters is what drives the Gulf Stream. As this difference gets smaller, the engine that drives the Gulf weakens.
I find it amusing that people who don't understand science, and global warming point to severe winter weather as proof global warming is a hoax, whereas the truth is global warming actually predicts those effects
Thats false there is no loss of arctic ice.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1049990 Dec 30, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Any public official that violates his oath should be impeached, do you agree?
27 of 35 Bush Articles of Impeachment Apply to Obama

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/02/27-of-...

you tell me.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1049991 Dec 30, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
With clauses stating they could be terminated at the pleasure of the owner.
Sebelius doesn't have even a contract to fall back on and serves just at the pleasure.
you were the one that first compared the four. I was just pointing out that the coaches had some time prior to being let go, something that you would not afford the Sec. Sebelius.

I also pointed out that using your logic, firing at the first misstep, Bush should have been fired at 09:15 EDT 9/11/2001 for a CATASTROPHIC FAILURE TO PROTECT THE UNITED STATES AND ITS CITIZENS

Just to refresh your swiss cheese memory

III Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Your logic is what comes up lacking with a big dash of pettiness to top it off.
FOCUS: The topic is appointed positions. The positions I listed fell into that category---
All appointed positions may be terminated at anytime for any reason
Still following...
Sibelius is an appointed position and can be removed at anytime for job failures.
And here I thought the Progressives couldn't screw this one up.
you mean like Phil of Duck Dynasty????

II Whatever 1049746
Your logic is what comes up lacking with a big dash of pettiness to top it off.

FOCUS: The topic is appointed positions. The positions I listed fell into that category---

All appointed positions may be terminated at anytime for any reason

Still following...

Sibelius is an appointed position and can be removed at anytime for job failures.

And here I thought the Progressives couldn't screw this one up.

I. Whatever 1049712

Summary...

Browns coach: FIRED
Vikings coach: FIRED
Redskins coach: FIRED
Sebelius: STILL EMPLOYED
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1049992 Dec 30, 2013
MSNBC: the network that thinks "golf" is a racist code word, but mocking black children adopted by white families is awesome.
Abolish The Fed

Newark, NJ

#1049993 Dec 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean by "drones expand" the military? It certainly does not expand the number of military personnel. In fact, only 82 percent of the available training positions for remotely piloted aircraft are filled. However, if you merely mean it expands the military's reach, we should all be cheering the fact that unmanned, round-the-clock drones are patrolling Afghanistan, Yemen and North Africa as opposed to U.S. forces. That is a good thing. The safety of our troops comes first.
The drones cost money and they shouldn't be patrolling the us, do you agree?

You think the nanny government should patrol the world?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1049994 Dec 30, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>poor poor sonic--lost her mind while I was on vacation, poor thing. Liberalism is going down and there isn't a thing you can do about it. The radical left, the radical homosexual agenda, aka democrats are not the majority in America.
first...not a her.

second.....http://www.pollingr eport.com/civil.htm
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1049995 Dec 30, 2013
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1049996 Dec 30, 2013
flack wrote:
Dreams deferred
Bisset hopes to return to school “when my finances are more stable,” but Harmony Glenn is fairly sure she’ll never go back.
“I never assumed [retail] would be my career,” she said.“I always assumed it was what I was doing until I finished my degree.” Becoming a manager at the skin care store would help her pay off the family debt, while going back for a political science degree promises her nothing.
Both Glenns do worry about what their parents think; their families stressed the importance of college early on. Harmony “walked into kindergarten knowing that what came after high school was college.” Christopher’s father, just 18 when he was born, tried to steer Christopher away from his own profession as a paramedic because of the low pay. His father worked two jobs so Christopher’s mother could go to school, and she’s now a city comptroller.
“My mom is kind of the poster child for ‘a degree will get you farther,’” Christopher said.“But at this point, it doesn’t always work like that.”
Education coverage for NBCNews.com is supported by a grant from the Gates Foundation.
once a college graduate works at a non-college job for several years, their chances of getting back on the career track are slim to none..

...why would business hire them instead of a new graduate???...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1049997 Dec 30, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Is ss tax voluntary or compulsory?
Is it earmarked or not?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1049998 Dec 30, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
why should we care?
But I do understand her making it public. Given the hatred, bias, misunderstanding our society has towards homosexuals, I think its important that people like her and that Pro NBA'er come out and announce their homosexuality. Just to show the bigots in our society that homosexuals are normal everyday Americans.
I can still remember my grandmother referring to blacks as darkies
and my father using the infamous "N" word....however as time went on his attitude changed and became more encompassing of all Americans. I think that when he found out his nephew was gay, that wall started to crumble.
We're all in this together...its time we started thinking of Planet Earth as a lifeboat floating through space....either we all learn to work together or we all perish
and how does a news person maintain the illusion of objectivity on this divisive issue after publicly announcing their loyalty???...

Location hidden

#1049999 Dec 30, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should a company be able to socialize losses?
That's a rather novel use of "socialized". What makes you think the losses were socialized?
LCNin

United States

#1050000 Dec 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
27 of 35 Bush Articles of Impeachment Apply to Obama
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/02/27-of-...
you tell me.
Impeachment seems important in a civics class.
Two presidents impeached in 200 plus years, neither convicted.

President Obama won the popular and electoral college vote twice
and has the power of Veto.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1050001 Dec 30, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Phil's back.
We want Sebelius gone for good. She's dangerous. Way too much power to change your so-called "law of the land" on a whim.
Galt disagrees...Sebelius is the perfect symbol of the Obama team incompetence...

do you really think that clown makes any decisions on her own...beyond maybe what to have for lunch...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1050002 Dec 30, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like we'll learn what sort of leader Putin really is eh?
It'll be interesting to see how long his Islamic allies, Syria, Iran etc. will hang around when he starts slaughtering Muslims in Russia and the stans.
Putin is allied with Muslims who are fighting Obama's radical Islamist allies, you dolt....

Location hidden

#1050003 Dec 30, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
""Boehner Admits 100% Responsibility for Shutdown ""
""The minute anyone says the government shutdown is the fault of the Democrats in Congress and President Obama, please show them this video where Speaker of the House, John Boehner takes absolute 100% responsibility for what is now the worst attack on America's government in the history of our Nation.
On the October 6th edition of This Week with George Stephanopoulos, Boehner said:(referring to the shutdown) "The threat of Obamacare was so important, it was time for us to take a stand. And we took a stand."
This "stand" that the Republicans have taken is going to have devastating consequences on the economy, children with cancer will not receive state of the art treatment options, injured soldiers will not be receiving treatment or benefits, the FDA has begun to stop food inspection, the CDC has stopped giving out life-saving flu vaccines. People are going to die. People are going to lose fortunes.
The only good thing that will come out of this disaster is that plenty of Republican members of Congress will be looking for new jobs come 2014.""
----------
Some of these asshats even deny the shutdown!!
Yes, the same type of people who believe when a nuclear reactor shuts down so does the entire plant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abia State University, Direct entry admission c... 19 min prof vicktor 1
Abby 9-30 21 min edogxxx 2
Amy 9-30 24 min edogxxx 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 46 min Rogue Scholar 05 178,568
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 53 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,544
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 69,461
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 46,971
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 98,321

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]