Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395014 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1050027 Dec 30, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
so.
"Texas Democrat, Kesha Rogers, campaigned in Texas on an "Impeach Obama" platform and won with over 53 % of the vote"
"Democrat Says Obama Risks Impeachment if He Goes Around Congress and Attacks Syria"
Campaigned for what and won?

Lakeisha Rogers is a fkn right wing loon and of the Lyndon LaRouche movement.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1050028 Dec 30, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
when you CHOOSE to buy a mortgage, that's part of the contract.
when you CHOOSE to drive your car on public roads, that's part of the deal.
only idiots pay hundreds a month to save $60 bucks going to the doctor.
what is really going to have all the medicated people up in arms is that they are going to have to pay the 4000-12,000 dollar deductible before their medication is going to be covered, unless of course you are Sandra the slut and your 10 dollar a month birth control will be covered but you will have to pay over 200 dollars a month for the privileged. Now what nut would pay this cost plus their insurance cost? I remember before Hillary Clinton couldn't get her Hillary/O'bamacare passed mostly everyone in the country was healthy and slim and could afford their own healthcare, then Billy Bob Clinton opened up the flood gates and got every one to think they need a pill. Now here we are--the mostly costly part of 'so called health care' is the pharma. So see the government giveth and the government taketh away. These pharma drugged people will be on the streets looking for drugs, just wait. It is coming, O'bama care will put the final nail in coffin of the masses who demand 'health care'. IMHO.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1050029 Dec 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You two really don't realize how stupid you sound. A person may not have a car. They may not have a house. But, they have a body that requires maintenance and, for that, they are required BY LAW to carry health insurance.
Hey, go back and read what I was responding too....

I completely agree that all citizens should be required to purchase health insurance.
in fact, IMO we should have single payer coverage, just like every other modern industrialized nation
sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#1050030 Dec 30, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
so.
"Texas Democrat, Kesha Rogers, campaigned in Texas on an "Impeach Obama" platform and won with over 53 % of the vote"
"Democrat Says Obama Risks Impeachment if He Goes Around Congress and Attacks Syria"
and?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1050031 Dec 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You two really don't realize how stupid you sound. A person may not have a car. They may not have a house. But, they have a body that requires maintenance and, for that, they are required BY LAW to carry health insurance.
completely incorrect....

what law requires medical insurance????...

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1050032 Dec 30, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who openly announces their loyalty.
in other words everyone newscaster at Fox news

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1050033 Dec 30, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to be a meltdown that is effecting some Progressives caused by some unknown event. On Twitter some guy went on for over 30 hours slashing and dashing. So much anger/so few victims.
I love how he started crying when you suggested people ignore him.
Abolish The Fed

Newark, NJ

#1050034 Dec 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
What if im a Christian scientist?
Btw why do you believe in forcing someone to purchase a service?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1050035 Dec 30, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
geesh, You really are lost in space....DANGER WHATEVER DANGER
You are the one that compare Sebelius to the fired coaches, see your original post below. I responded to that. Never got into elected vs appointed. My post was just that the coaches had a certain amount of time before being fired, you seem to want to fire Sebelius right away
. Whatever 1049712
Summary...
Browns coach: FIRED
Vikings coach: FIRED
Redskins coach: FIRED
Sebelius: STILL EMPLOYED
I noticed you have altered your post from your original post which equated elected as being the same as appointed. You are in no position to be squawking obfuscation.

Sebelius had 3 years to get it right. Yes, she has been given plenty of time.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1050036 Dec 30, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
so I guess that would apply to Clearly conservative Fox news reporters being unable to maintain their objectivity on anything political TOO!!!
name a Fox news reporter who has announced his/her political party affiliation...

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1050037 Dec 30, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I dont believe in theft, do you?
So you do not believe in supporting your country. Now you are really sounding like a right whiner.
Abolish The Fed

Newark, NJ

#1050038 Dec 30, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, go back and read what I was responding too....
I completely agree that all citizens should be required to purchase health insurance.
in fact, IMO we should have single payer coverage, just like every other modern industrialized nation

Are you going to deport the non citizens?
sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#1050039 Dec 30, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
What amuses me with Sonic is he is simultaneously posts some Dem's wish list for impeachment against Bush while claiming to be outraged by the other side using the word.
outraged?

hold on a minute....i can't stop LOL.

i might be outraged if you had a case. one that for some reason i have yet to see.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1050040 Dec 30, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
you mean like Phil of Duck Dynasty????
??? What position was Phil appointed to?

Prevented this

#1050041 Dec 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maintenance? ROTFLMAO--if you maintained your body you would never have to go to the doctor. No we are not required by law to carry health insurance. We can pay a fine--and if one is smart you can get your deductibles in line and the IRS cannot take anything.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1050042 Dec 30, 2013
LCNin wrote:
<quoted text>
"Education and personal choices are
the dominant factors determining inequality."
Sad
but
funny as it reveals your world outlook.
LOL
It's apparent you don't like studies. But here's another one anyway.

How Poor Are America's Poor? Examining the "Plague" of Poverty in America

Robert Rector and Kirk A. Johnson, Ph.D.

"In good economic times or bad, the typical poor family with children is supported by only 800 hours of work during a year: That amounts to 16 hours of work per week. If work in each family were raised to 2,000 hours per year the equivalent of one adult working 40 hours per week throughout the year nearly 75 percent of poor children would be lifted out of official poverty.

"Father absence is another major cause of child poverty. Nearly two-thirds of poor children reside in single parent homes; each year, an additional 1.3 million children are born out of wedlock. If poor mothers married the fathers of their children, almost three-quarters would immediately be lifted out of poverty.

"But if poverty means lacking nutritious food, adequate warm housing, and clothing for a family, relatively few of the 35 million people identified as being 'in poverty' by the Census Bureau could be characterized as poor. While material hardship does exist in the United States, it is quite restricted in scope and severity. The average 'poor' person, as defined by the government, has a living standard far higher than the public imagines."

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2007...

(Please check out all references in this study before poo-pooing it just because it's a Heritage Foundation source.)
Patriot

Broomfield, CO

#1050043 Dec 30, 2013
TEPCO Quietly Admits Reactor 3 Could Be Melting Down NOW

12/30/13

See more at: http://www.occupycorporatism.com/tepco-quietl...
tell it like it is

Norman, OK

#1050044 Dec 30, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Arctic: NORTH POLAR REGION
Antarctic: SOUTH POLAR REGION
Ergo, what happens in the south pole has little direct effect on the Northern Hemisphere.
Arctic ice is at an all time low.
Okay, we all know you are scientifically illiterate, but now it seems you are geographically challenged too.
Which ones weather patterns causes MAN MADE global warming...

Prevented this

#1050045 Dec 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
many people who previously had "free" medical care because they were unable to pay will now have "insurance" that has huge deductibles and copays...
...why would anybody believe they will be able to make those payments???...
arguably they are worse off with so-called "insurance"
liberals and democrats don't think they will pay their bills either, they would sooner let these people die in the streets, IMO that was the liberal plan all along, get rid of what they deemed as dead weight. Eugenics aka O'bamacare.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1050046 Dec 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
right wing nut job
Self-indulged nazi republicans who believe that George W. Bush is the devine savior of the US and rest of the world. Usually identified by using the word "liberal" in a negative tone in every spoken or written sentence.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
childish negative tone indeed you frickin' right wing nutjobs.
you may want to rethink that post

"We Thought He Was Going To Be The Next Messiah"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 20 min RACE 102,464
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 36 min boundary painter 2,692
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 42 min boundary painter 1,669
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 50 min boundary painter 8,493
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 59 min Rogue Scholar 05 216,687
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 8,875
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr IB DaMann 60,062
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages