Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263358 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Whatever

Gering, NE

#1049533 Dec 29, 2013
The purpose of Obamacare was to Insure the uninsured. The effect of Obamacare to date is that it has Uninsure the insured
GOP R Idiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1049534 Dec 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Hey nuc, even though I'm benefiting - at least for now - from your hard work and the government taking your money to pay for my retirement, you probably won't be so lucky. It's the socialists' way, you know. But they're running out of other people's money. Better start a Plan B.
http://news.msn.com/world/the-world-braces-fo...
Then again, you might find some comfort in knowing we'll probably be in the same boat when Social Security implodes even before I kick the bucket.
Maybe we should learn a lesson from SS before we repeat the same mistake with Obamacare.
Nevermind. You probably don't get it.
I see the sky is still falling, Chicken Little.
Again, Lorac, when have ANY of your 'it's the end of the world' predictions ever come true?
SS is just fine.
After 2033, Social Security could pay three-fourths of scheduled benefits using its tax income if policymakers took no steps to shore up the program.(Those who fear that Social Security wonít be around at all when todayís young workers retire and that young workers will receive no benefits misunderstand the trusteesí projections.)
The programís shortfall is relatively modest, amounting to 1 percent of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) over the next 75 years (and 1.6 percent of GDP in 2087, the 75th year). A mix of tax increases and benefit modifications ó carefully crafted to shield recipients with limited means and to give ample notice to all participants ó could put the program on a sound footing indefinitely. Social Security benefits are very modest. The average retiree or elderly widow receives just $15,000 a year from Social Security (and the average disabled worker even less); an unmarried elderly person, on average, has just $3,000 in annual income other than his or her Social Security. Accordingly, taxes should make up a large proportion of a solvency package.
http://www.cbpp.org/cms/...
Frank

Veradale, WA

#1049536 Dec 29, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah right, and your lame stupid birther azz is still over there posting about it as though it was yesterday. Six years pizzed away Frank__you should run away and hide.
The past several years have been very bad for our country,too bad there is no way to back the clock up six years and change the direction of this disaster. Tens of millions of uneducated Obama supporters voted the wrong way and 315 million people suffer.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1049537 Dec 29, 2013
Report says Valerie Jarrett gave the order to stand down in Benghazi
See alsoGovernment Topics Benghazi Scandal Valerie Jarrett Rush
August 8, 2013
A post at the Conservative Report Online made the shocking claim that Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett gave the order to stand down in Benghazi during the Sept. 11 terror attack that saw four Americans killed, citing only unnamed "confidential sources." The report was discussed by Rush Limbaugh on Tuesday and an editorial at the Investor's Business Daily said Wednesday that it would not have been the first time Jarrett issued such an order.

"The military-order, not to initiate action, saving our men in Benghazi, was issued by the President's Advisor, Valerie Jarrett," Chip Jones wrote.

Limbaugh said that if the story is true, it would explain "all of the serial lies and the cover-ups and the obfuscation and all of the efforts that were made to distract people's attention from this."

"Somebody had to give the order, and Obama was off the grid. That has always, to me, been one of the most interesting aspects of Benghazi. Five o'clock he tells Panetta and whoever else -- we were originally told that Hillary, secretary of state, was there, too," he added.

Naturally, the ultra-left wing Media Matters weighed in, attacking Limbaugh for mentioning the story.

Others also reported on Jones' account, but did not get scrutinized by Media Matters.

The Blaze said the allegations are worth noting for two main reasons:

The White House hasnít been forthcoming with details about the deadly terror attack. In fact, the administration has gone out of its way to craft blatantly false narratives involving a YouTube video; and
Itís been widely reported that Jarrettís influence has shaped our management of international crises, specifically her role in convincing President Obama to call off the planned raid on Osama bin Ladenís Pakistani hideout three separate times.
Meredith Jessup said she is taking the report with a grain of salt, but added that the burden of proof is on the White House, since it "has worked overtime to muddy the water and obfuscate the truth."

Now the administration is claiming the entire scandal is "phony," a mere distraction cooked up by Republicans to keep Congress from acting on Obama's economic plans.

"Until the Obama administration is forthright and truthful with the American people, the rumor mill will continue churning out reports from unnamed sources," Jessup added.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1049538 Dec 29, 2013
A prominent New York insurance broker pointed out that most of the policies offered on the ObamaCare exchanges are not national networks, so "if you need routine medical services, they will not be covered when you leave your local area," as they were before

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials-obam...
Frank

Veradale, WA

#1049539 Dec 29, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh gee, another stupid troll who think the Affordable Care Act was designed to cover everyone in America. Wonder what rock (or sock puppet) you crawled out from under.
ObamaKare was designed to add thousands of rules,regulations and taxes on the working people and to give Obama more control over our lives.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1049541 Dec 29, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"uselesssinceforever00 "
blah.....blah, blah, blah. Your specialty. You are the one with no substance. I asked why hairless will not allow any of the bills passed by the house to be voted on. You know and i know the answer, he is afraid some or all of them would pass. One question, you are denying that bills passed by the house are dead on arrival in the senate.
Some refer to liberals like you as progressives, that is wrong, you are regressives, you love the fact that our loser president bows to your every wish by filling all the hands of the losers, with food stamps, millions more on food stamps since the boy president nobama took office. You love free health care, paid for by taxes. You hate the fact that the tax rate on the successful is less than 90%.
You are a leech and a moocher.
Peace
KMA
Happy New Year
And, I told you to provide the list of bills that you say the Senate is sitting on. How can I respond to your post without knowing what the heck you are talking about? I can't find the bills and, since you brought it up, you must have a source. If you can't provide one, I must assume you are just blowing smoke...as usual.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1049543 Dec 29, 2013
Disgraced White House Makes After-The-Fact Appeal For American Pastor Jailed In Iran
Abolish The Fed

Brooklyn, NY

#1049544 Dec 29, 2013
GOP R Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
I see the sky is still falling, Chicken Little.
Again, Lorac, when have ANY of your 'it's the end of the world' predictions ever come true?
SS is just fine.
After 2033, Social Security could pay three-fourths of scheduled benefits using its tax income if policymakers took no steps to shore up the program.(Those who fear that Social Security wonít be around at all when todayís young workers retire and that young workers will receive no benefits misunderstand the trusteesí projections.)
The programís shortfall is relatively modest, amounting to 1 percent of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) over the next 75 years (and 1.6 percent of GDP in 2087, the 75th year). A mix of tax increases and benefit modifications ó carefully crafted to shield recipients with limited means and to give ample notice to all participants ó could put the program on a sound footing indefinitely. Social Security benefits are very modest. The average retiree or elderly widow receives just $15,000 a year from Social Security (and the average disabled worker even less); an unmarried elderly person, on average, has just $3,000 in annual income other than his or her Social Security. Accordingly, taxes should make up a large proportion of a solvency package.
http://www.cbpp.org/cms/...
And the cost of living isn't going to go wayyyyy up with the feds unlimited printing?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1049545 Dec 29, 2013
Whatever wrote:
A prominent New York insurance broker pointed out that most of the policies offered on the ObamaCare exchanges are not national networks, so "if you need routine medical services, they will not be covered when you leave your local area," as they were before
Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials-obam...
Oh yes another little known secret that is just coming out.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1049547 Dec 29, 2013
If you are ever curious who is on the state or federal payroll or what is being spent on a project use

openbook.com

It includes all the databases

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1049548 Dec 29, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
And, I told you to provide the list of bills that you say the Senate is sitting on. How can I respond to your post without knowing what the heck you are talking about? I can't find the bills and, since you brought it up, you must have a source. If you can't provide one, I must assume you are just blowing smoke...as usual.
"uselesssinceforever00 "
Lets start with the budget bills. The house passes them the senate sits on them. The senate has not passed a budget bill since 2009. Remember there are 12 appropriation bills in each budget. That alone is 36 times the senate has failed to act.
Peace
KMA
Happy New Year
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1049552 Dec 29, 2013
Another interesting resource is Open CRS. These are not normally open to the public but the site prints those made available to them. Some interesting info

https://opencrs.com/
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1049553 Dec 29, 2013
Two final resources that Progressives appear never to be able to locate and are open to the public are:

http://www.cbo.gov/

And any IG report can be found by going to a Department such as USDA and putting IG reports in the search box.
LCNin

United States

#1049554 Dec 29, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
And, I told you to provide the list of bills that you say the Senate is sitting on. How can I respond to your post without knowing what the heck you are talking about? I can't find the bills and, since you brought it up, you must have a source. If you can't provide one, I must assume you are just blowing smoke...as usual.
A valid point!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1049555 Dec 29, 2013
tell it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
Geezzz...
You need help wiping your ass too?
http://m.speaker.gov/general/25-house-passed-...
Maybe they are not aware of http://www.usa.gov/ were they can go to locate info.
LCNin

United States

#1049556 Dec 29, 2013
tell it like it is wrote:
For out ignorant 'usa' buddy...
List of bills held up by the idiots in the Senate....
http://m.speaker.gov/general/25-house-passed-...
"...bills held up..." LOL

Republican spin on things :-)
LCNin

United States

#1049557 Dec 29, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they are not aware of http://www.usa.gov/ were they can go to locate info.
Follow Santaís progress on December 24, play games, and listen to music. More on NORAD Tracks Santa app >

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1049558 Dec 29, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"uselesssinceforever00 "
Lets start with the budget bills. The house passes them the senate sits on them. The senate has not passed a budget bill since 2009. Remember there are 12 appropriation bills in each budget. That alone is 36 times the senate has failed to act.
Peace
KMA
Happy New Year
Ok. That's what I thought. You were merely parroting some conservative talking head.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1049559 Dec 29, 2013
LCNin wrote:
<quoted text>
Follow Santaís progress on December 24, play games, and listen to music. More on NORAD Tracks Santa app >
How you use the governmental portal is your choice but for many it contains a wealth of information.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 15 min PEllen 100,298
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 15 min boundary painter 1,197
Ask Amy July 31 17 min boundary painter 4
abby7-31-15 21 min boundary painter 4
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 21 min CDC 52,064
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 38 min Enter 194,507
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 56 min boundary painter 454
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages