Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
964,861 - 964,880 of 1,099,850 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1049029 Dec 28, 2013
WTF 5!

'“Pretty soon we’ll all be leaving for the Fourth of July recess. Next week, when we celebrate Independence Day we’ll also be observing health independence.”
Nancy Pelosi

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1049030 Dec 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
even on the odd chance that the doctors are paid retroactively, how do they pay salaries and overhead in the meantime???...
Don't worry about it. All this whining, crying and second guessing will be a thing of the past soon enough. It will all work out. Be patient.

Location hidden

#1049031 Dec 28, 2013
Fat, rich, and ignorant...

and Liberal

“There are still generations of people, older people, who were born and bred and marinated in it, in that prejudice and racism, and they just have to die…. There’s a level of disrespect for the office that occurs. And that occurs in some cases and maybe even many cases because he’s African American. There’s no question about that and it’s the kind of thing nobody ever says but everybody’s thinking it.”

?

Oprah

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1049032 Dec 28, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Frederick J. Ryan Jr., former assistant to President Ronald Reagan, is president and chief executive officer of Politico. Try again. Provide proof that Hillary Clinton was a birther.
I never said Hillary Clinton was a 'birther.' I provided an article proving the birth certificate controversy had ties to her campaign.

As to your "try again"...

Former Yahoo! News Washington bureau chief David Chalian has been hired at Politico.

The former Yahoo! News Washington bureau chief who was fired after he was heard saying Republican National Convention attendees were “happy to have a party with black people drowning” has been hired at Politico.

Politico is NOT a friend of the conservative American citizen.

Location hidden

#1049033 Dec 28, 2013
Why I am not a Liberal

'[I]llinois’ unpaid bills are slated to reach $9 billion during the Christmas season this year…By the end of the current fiscal year, lawmakers will have collected a total of $25.7 billion in new revenue from the 2011 tax hike. Despite this massive inflow of new cash, Illinois’ unpaid bills are higher today than they were when lawmakers passed the 2011 tax hike.'

http://www.conservativeintel.com/2013/12/27/i... ?

Bozeman, MT

#1049034 Dec 28, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, never happened. Hawaiian officials have refused to say that Obama was born in Hawaii.
They have only said that he has a birth certificate which is in accordance with their policies and procedures. Their policies and procedures provide for the issuance of a birth certificate to babies born in other countries if a parent was a Hawaiian citizen.
Obama is not cooperating because he has something to hide.
Birther?

Location hidden

#1049035 Dec 28, 2013
If we just give Liberals more money,,,

'Nearly three years and $26 billion in additional taxes later, guess what’s happened? That’s right. Illinois is now $9 billion behind on its payments...'

http://www.conservativeintel.com/2013/12/27/i... ?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1049036 Dec 28, 2013
Remember Obamacare was to help the ailing Medicaid program but has compounded the problem

In California, just 47% of those who have signed up have received a private health plan. The rest were put on Medicaid.(And remember, these figures only include those who have signed up, but not necessarily paid their first premium).

The figures for the rest of the states aren’t any better. In Colorado, just 17% got private coverage, with the other 83% put on Medicaid. In Connecticut, 61% got private coverage, in Minnesota, 71%, Rhode Island 33%, and Washington State 11%.

The weighted average across all the states shows that only 36% of those who have signed up (but not necessarily paid for) Obamacare, were put on private plans.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottgottlieb/201...

The rest have been added to the rolls of Medicaid.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1049037 Dec 28, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Birther?
What was that? Sometimes USAsince appears to arguing both sides.

Bozeman, MT

#1049038 Dec 28, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't recall Bush ever making an issue of his thesis. If someone claims they spent a year writing and researching something, they should be able to remember what it was about - unless, perhaps, someone wrote it for him. Remember, he said he was partying and doing drugs at the time.
My oh my...who paid you off?

Location hidden

#1049039 Dec 28, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The birther issue wasn't something that really interested me all that much. But there are a few good reasons to question it besides the Hillary supporting attorney who took it to court..
Obama's own biography in a promotional booklet produced by the agency, Acton & Dystel, showcasing its roster of writers by the then Harvard law graduate in 1991 stated Obama was born in Kenya. It remained that way until April 2007 after Obama declared his campaign for the presidency. If it had been a fact finding error by his agent, why did it stay in print for so long incorrectly? And why would Obama not have had it corrected it himself as soon as the error was discovered? There are only two possible answers. He either didn't care that his bio was a lie or he didn't do anything about it because it wasn't.
And Michelle did quite clearly state that Kenya was Obama's homeland when it's widely understood one's homeland is one's place of birth. Why wouldn't she have known that?
It's hard to ignore these two striking and undeniable facts even if Realtime has no problem doing that for some reason.
LOL. Even Breitbart thought birthers were idiots.

That biographical sketch was put out by a literacy agency for disbursement to "business colleagues" in the publishing industry. There is nothing to indicate that Obama was even aware of its existence.

Breitbart.com , which was the first to publish a copy of the promotional booklet, added a disclaimer when they printed it which stated:

"Andrew Breitbart was never a "Birther," and Breitbart News is a site that has never advocated the narrative of "Birtherism." In fact, Andrew believed, as we do, that President Barack Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, on August 4, 1961.

...[W]e discovered, and now present, the booklet described below — one that includes a marketing pitch for a forthcoming book by a then-young, otherwise unknown former president of the Harvard Law Review.

It is evidence — not of the President's foreign origin, but that Barack Obama's public persona has perhaps been presented differently at different times."

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1049040 Dec 28, 2013
killtaker wrote:
Word!!!
'“You know what I heard… that it’s not black on black crime that’s killing kids in Chicago, it’s actually cops shooting those kids.”
Monique Davis
You missed Joy Reid attacking Sarah Palin for having a Christmas tree. Reid used Jeremiah which was warning not make idols of trees. Apparently Ms Reid has NO concept of what a Christmas tree is or of Christian beliefs if she thinks anyone is worshipping the tree as a deity. The only one I know who worships trees are Green Peacers.

Location hidden

#1049041 Dec 28, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to mention Politico is NO friend of the GOP.
Yea, right.

Again....Frederick J. Ryan Jr., former assistant to President Ronald Reagan, is president and chief executive officer AND, in October 2012, Politico hired Washington bureau chief David Chalian, who was previously let go from Yahoo! News for saying GOP 'Happy to have a party with black people drowning' at the 2012 RNC convention in Tampa, Florida.

Bozeman, MT

#1049042 Dec 28, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you are right but I'm not holding my breath. Obama has already started back peddling - acting like he didn't know what the 60 million people who voted against him already knew -- his high in the sky promises were unattainable. Either he was stupid and didn't know what he was talking about when he made all those pretty speeches or he was just telling people what they wanted to hear - lying. Either way, intentional or not, Obama misled 65 million voters by offering them false hope.
My, oh my, oh my.

Location hidden

#1049043 Dec 28, 2013
Trade offs,,,,,

'.. turns out that some countries that offer more liberal parental leave policies have higher pay gaps among men and women ages 30 to 34, according to analyses of 16 countries conducted by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. OECD theorizes that this link may be driven by the fact that women are more likely than men to actually use their parental leave, and that time out of the work force is associated with lower wages.'

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/12/...

Bozeman, MT

#1049044 Dec 28, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
What was that? Sometimes USAsince appears to arguing both sides.
My guess is someone influenced her or something happened and she became reliant on the government to live comfortably.

No one does a 180 like that without a big, hard shove in the back.

Remember, pride and integrity are two traits the left wants American citizens to lose.

Here's the proof. This article really ticked me off.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/03/usda-combat...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1049045 Dec 28, 2013
Another candidate for list killtaker

John Aravosis

He is on Twitter at this moment ranting that any gay who is GOP has to be stupid, self-loathing, or psychologically damaged.

I guess gay unity ends at political boundaries or some think being gay involves one group think.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1049046 Dec 28, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Birther?
She never reads other people's posts.

Bozeman, MT

#1049047 Dec 28, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, right.
Again....Frederick J. Ryan Jr., former assistant to President Ronald Reagan, is president and chief executive officer AND, in October 2012, Politico hired Washington bureau chief David Chalian, who was previously let go from Yahoo! News for saying GOP 'Happy to have a party with black people drowning' at the 2012 RNC convention in Tampa, Florida.
So what are you saying - people can't change their political views over a period of, say, 5-6 years?

Prior to joining Yahoo News, Chalian was political editor for "PBS NewsHour," overseeing political coverage across the program's broadcast and digital platforms. Before that, he served as political director for ABC News, where his team won an Emmy Award for their coverage of President Barack Obama's inauguration in January 2009.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1049048 Dec 28, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is someone influenced her or something happened and she became reliant on the government to live comfortably.
No one does a 180 like that without a big, hard shove in the back.
Remember, pride and integrity are two traits the left wants American citizens to lose.
Here's the proof. This article really ticked me off.
http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/03/usda-combat...
The stimulus bill that caused this rapid expansion of food stamp recipients has expired. So the big battle over the USDA bill that has resulted in USAsince and others to wanting to gut all the programs but SNAP. The bottom line is if our economy is improving as claimed by this admin there is NO justification in continuing this massive food stamp handout.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 27 min Uzi 68,347
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 42 min JOEL 68,943
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr D-U-H 49,462
HKN Record Label(Davido OBO) Need UpComing Arti... 1 hr Mr Michael 1
Danger! It is horrible, rotten luck to hug a w... 1 hr minluo 2
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,649
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr LRS 177,347
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr Phil Indeblanc 97,916
•••
•••