Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1659923 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1049953 Dec 30, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow...and here I thought you Proglodytes were all about paying for the good of the collective.
Guess you forgot that unlike China, your team is rife with gimme-gimme-gimme slackers. Be prepared to shell out all but what you need to barely survive. Your preferred Big Givernment will handle the rest.
She is a big lobbyer. ROTFLMAO. Like she said forces people to have insurance as in O'bama care is like forcing someone to have insurance for housing--hey how about it. All those liberals aka democrats in public housing and in tax payer subsidized housing should be forced to have homeowners' insurance. It's the same as O'bamacare isn't it?

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1049954 Dec 30, 2013
tell it like it is wrote:
Blame Al Gore...
'Arctic air turns temperatures frigid from Rockies to Minnesota'
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/arctic-air-turns-...
scientists have been observing this for the past few years, I read about it a couple of years ago. The effect on climate in the U.S. is that weather storms will be more severe. The cold air comes down into the middle of the U.S. meeting warm moist air coming up from the Gulf of Mexico

Now, one would ask why are these jet streams, which used to circle the polar regions, coming south.

LOSS OF ARCTIC ICE.

As the polar ice cap shrinks, the up flow of cold air that controlled the circular polar jet streams don't have those barriers. As such, the cold polar jet streams dip into the continental U.S.

Global Warming/Climate change also explain why winters in NE U.S. and NW Europe will be more severe. The Gulf Stream which moderates winters in those areas becomes weaker, as the polar waters warm up. The temperature difference between the polar and equatorial waters is what drives the Gulf Stream. As this difference gets smaller, the engine that drives the Gulf weakens.

I find it amusing that people who don't understand science, and global warming point to severe winter weather as proof global warming is a hoax, whereas the truth is global warming actually predicts those effects
Abolish The Fed

Newark, NJ

#1049955 Dec 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that was stupid.
The use of Drones is much less costly that the use of land troops, military fighter jets & their support.
Expanding the use of drones instead of conventional aircraft would be a reduction.
The increase in the purchasing and use of drones is expanding the military.
Not to mention dangerous in using them to patrol the us.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1049956 Dec 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
childish?
Obama's poll numbers will not stop him from shutting down any stupid republican bill that might make it's way to the WH.
poll numbers for an incumbent mean nothing. well, unless your last one set a record.
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/washingto...
but i could have told you 13 years ago that Bush was going to be a failure. and i was right!
If you want a convo were both of us ignore what the other person has posted and talk past each other, I can do that too.

MSNBC Melissa Harris-Perry takes a strong stand against miscegenation by ridiculing African-American baby-->LeanBackward

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1049957 Dec 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
like republicans hating on republicans?
Ya mean like this??

----------

""John Boehner: Conservative Groups Have Lost All Credibility""

""House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) assailed conservative groups Thursday for opposing the latest budget deal, saying they had crossed a line and lost their credibility.

"This budget agreement takes giant steps in the right direction," Boehner said at a press conference. "But when groups come out and criticize something they've never seen, you begin to wonder just how credible those actions are."

Boehner has been reticent in the past to criticize conservative outside groups, such as Heritage Action and Club for Growth. Some of the groups have had a considerable influence on the tea party faction among House Republicans, and were the rallying force behind the effort to either defund Obamacare or shut down the federal government.

For the first time, Boehner acknowledged that these groups pushed Republicans into an unsuccessful strategy that he didn't favor. He expressed particular outrage that one of the groups later said it knew the shutdown strategy wasn't going to work.

"Are you kidding me?" Boehner shouted.

"Frankly I think they're misleading their followers. I think they're pushing our members in places they don't want to be," he added. "And frankly I just think they've lost all credibility.""

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1049958 Dec 30, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's Sleazy Ed, he of Christmas Day posting on TOPIX fame!!
Yes, ol' Ed was here to tell everyone about all the festivities he had planned for Christmas.
Too bad they were all imaginary fantasies he shared with his fellow shut-ins Nobraina, Gunner, Waxturd, and Carol.
Much like his dead daughter and daughter who can't keep her doctor bullshit stories.
These lonely losers live on TOPIX. They come here to commisserate and spread their hatred for America.
Koo koo
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1049959 Dec 30, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
you mean like Phil of Duck Dynasty????
No, that is a contract.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1049960 Dec 30, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow...and here I thought you Proglodytes were all about paying for the good of the collective.
Guess you forgot that unlike China, your team is rife with gimme-gimme-gimme slackers. Be prepared to shell out all but what you need to barely survive. Your preferred Big Givernment will handle the rest.
Dude, you totally missed the bus on that one. I'd try and explain the rational behind it, but I'd have better luck talking to a wall.

Try reading it again and thinking. Maybe you will understand his point....someday.

Prevented this

#1049961 Dec 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
right wing nut job
Self-indulged nazi republicans who believe that George W. Bush is the devine savior of the US and rest of the world. Usually identified by using the word "liberal" in a negative tone in every spoken or written sentence.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
childish negative tone indeed you frickin' right wing nutjobs.
poor poor sonic--lost her mind while I was on vacation, poor thing. Liberalism is going down and there isn't a thing you can do about it. The radical left, the radical homosexual agenda, aka democrats are not the majority in America.
Patriot

Broomfield, CO

#1049962 Dec 30, 2013
UPDATED! Canary Islands Evacuating! MAGNA RISING Tsunami Threat to U.S. Eastcoast

December 28, 2013

More than 550 earthquakes rattled the island between Monday and Wednesday, also centered on La Restinga. About 30 of the earthquakes were greater than magnitude 3, Involcan said. The earthquakes are triggered by magma rising underground, fracturing rocks and swelling the surface as the hot rock reaches upward.“The earthquake swarm corresponds to a new magmatic intrusion,” Involcan said this morning in a statement.

Today’s preliminary magnitude-5.1 earthquake was on the opposite side of the island from the ongoing swarm.

Concern of a possible Tsunami following a large chunk of a mountain falling into the sea is now forefront. To everyone on the coast lands that might be affected by such a tsnumai, expect the best, prepare for the worst...

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/12/...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1049963 Dec 30, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>She is a big lobbyer. ROTFLMAO. Like she said forces people to have insurance as in O'bama care is like forcing someone to have insurance for housing--hey how about it. All those liberals aka democrats in public housing and in tax payer subsidized housing should be forced to have homeowners' insurance. It's the same as O'bamacare isn't it?
My have some consistency to it.
Abolish The Fed

Newark, NJ

#1049964 Dec 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? How's that? In October, GM opened it's new $200 million stamping plant in Arlington, Texas and the two new plants opened prior to that were in Mexico....that was in 2008. Under the Obama administration, after downsizing, the plants in Orion Township, Michigan and Springhill, Tennessee have re-opened.
GM has always been a multi-national company. They had been particularly successful in China and were expanding in China long before Obama became president. The “old” GM (the one that went bankrupt) was the largest foreign car maker in China in 2008.
Bottom line is...GM is a U.S.-based multinational auto company. The better they do internationally, the better for us but to claim Obama has outsourced GM jobs overseas is a LIE.
http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/10/14/52462...
Why should a company be able to socialize losses?

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1049965 Dec 30, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want a convo were both of us ignore what the other person has posted and talk past each other, I can do that too.
MSNBC Melissa Harris-Perry takes a strong stand against miscegenation by ridiculing African-American baby-->LeanBackward
Willie Robertson's family adopted a brown baby. Must be making proggy heads explode.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1049966 Dec 30, 2013
""Boehner Admits 100% Responsibility for Shutdown ""

""The minute anyone says the government shutdown is the fault of the Democrats in Congress and President Obama, please show them this video where Speaker of the House, John Boehner takes absolute 100% responsibility for what is now the worst attack on America's government in the history of our Nation.

On the October 6th edition of This Week with George Stephanopoulos, Boehner said:(referring to the shutdown) "The threat of Obamacare was so important, it was time for us to take a stand. And we took a stand."

This "stand" that the Republicans have taken is going to have devastating consequences on the economy, children with cancer will not receive state of the art treatment options, injured soldiers will not be receiving treatment or benefits, the FDA has begun to stop food inspection, the CDC has stopped giving out life-saving flu vaccines. People are going to die. People are going to lose fortunes.

The only good thing that will come out of this disaster is that plenty of Republican members of Congress will be looking for new jobs come 2014.""

----------

Some of these asshats even deny the shutdown!!

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1049967 Dec 30, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>She is a big lobbyer. ROTFLMAO. Like she said forces people to have insurance as in O'bama care is like forcing someone to have insurance for housing--hey how about it. All those liberals aka democrats in public housing and in tax payer subsidized housing should be forced to have homeowners' insurance. It's the same as O'bamacare isn't it?
since they don't OWN the homes, why should they have homeowner's insurance??

think about it.

I have homeowners insurance on a home I don't own....since I have no stake in the building if it were to burn down I gain to score big...

kind like what happened when the GOP led Congress broke down the walls between investment and savings banks

credit default swaps....allowing money market managers to bundle up financially unsound mortgages into securities, sell them and then take out insurance that they would fail....

we all know how that ended up

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1049968 Dec 30, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So I see you fricken morons are still using the deaths of 4 Americans to try to make up a scandal for political gain,.
You right whiners have no limit to how pathetic you people are.
<quoted text>
You're lying again, you senile old fool!!
Here's the post. Show us the profanity.
Or admit you're a liar. Something most everyone already knows.
how stupid can one get? We'll never know until all the libturds are dead.

pro·fan·i·ty (pr-fn-t, pr-)
n. pl. pro·fan·i·ties
1. The condition or quality of being profane.
2. a. Abusive, vulgar, or irreverent language.
b. The use of such language.

"RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So I see you fricken morons are still "

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1049969 Dec 30, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that is a contract.
those coaches had contracts, did they not?
Abolish The Fed

Newark, NJ

#1049970 Dec 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i would think a right wing nutjob would be the last to knock prophecy.
Right-wing ‘tea party’ protest in Orlando features signs calling for the impeachment of President Obama.
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2009/03/23/...
March, 2009.
Any public official that violates his oath should be impeached, do you agree?

Prevented this

#1049971 Dec 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have never been able to comprehend anything. Go back and re-read my post. It only pertains to those who do NOT carry health insurance. Those responsible adults who find themselves filing bankruptcy based on medical issues despite the fact they have health insurance will still be able to discharge those expenses in bankruptcy.
Responsible is now O'bama supporters who can't pay their bills because of a high deductible? You go old lady...stupid fool. Bankruptcies are going to sky rocket because of O'bamacare and you want to forgive them? ROTFLMAO. Where is your sense of fairness--you can't punish others and not punish even more. Your lobbying efforts are flawed. Aren't you the party of 'fairness'? ROTFLMAO--of course liberals and democrats are NOT.

PS if they were responsible, they would pay their bills.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1049972 Dec 30, 2013
Patriot wrote:
UPDATED! Canary Islands Evacuating! MAGNA RISING Tsunami Threat to U.S. Eastcoast
December 28, 2013
More than 550 earthquakes rattled the island between Monday and Wednesday, also centered on La Restinga. About 30 of the earthquakes were greater than magnitude 3, Involcan said. The earthquakes are triggered by magma rising underground, fracturing rocks and swelling the surface as the hot rock reaches upward.“The earthquake swarm corresponds to a new magmatic intrusion,” Involcan said this morning in a statement.
Today’s preliminary magnitude-5.1 earthquake was on the opposite side of the island from the ongoing swarm.
Concern of a possible Tsunami following a large chunk of a mountain falling into the sea is now forefront. To everyone on the coast lands that might be affected by such a tsnumai, expect the best, prepare for the worst...
http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/12/...
If true this is not good!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Use of 'retarded' as derogatory term is offensi... (Jun '08) 1 min Tardos-get lost 6,656
Trump is A 8 min RoseB azzhole 195
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Hah_ 243,103
News Random act of kindness in turbulent world (Jan '10) 1 hr Lookin 2 Climax 5
News Rauner courts black votes with $1M investment (Oct '14) 1 hr RaunerRUN Away 15
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr honeymylove 11,602
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Thoughts and Prayers 105,380

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages