Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1534576 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

RUSH10ME

Tappahannock, VA

#1049700 Dec 30, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading comprehension, he lost his job.
Because of failed government policy.
I have to admit that obama and his administration have put more people out of work and on foodstamps than anyother in history , period. I wonder if his likeness would fit on a foodstamp if they cropped his ears ??
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1049701 Dec 30, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
There isn't room in Topix comment space to provide examples of the millions of people that will be helped by Obamacare to counter these few anecdotal special cases.
typical Communist rhetoric throwing individuals under the bus for some perceived collective purpose.....

however, these individuals vote...

and those "helped" by ObamaKKKare are already on the DemoKKKrat welfare plantation...
sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#1049702 Dec 30, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're absolutely right. Cutting taxes MUST go hand-in-hand with cutting spending.
Even so, the Democrats DID control Congress for four years - two years before and after the economy bottomed out. However, too many Republicans were also guilty of acting like Democrats.
Just wish the Democrats had learned the same lesson as Republicans. Stop acting like Democrats.
spending has dropped.

deficit has dropped.

taxes have gone up.

see how that works?

you can't bring one thing to table that shows that cutting spending while cutting taxes has ever been proven to be sound economic policy. Reagan had to raise taxes after he cut them with the largest peacetime tax increase in American history. how hard is it to see the reality?

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1049703 Dec 30, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that any different than governments using the deaths of any number of Americans for world domination?
And a so called liberal getting into office and continuing to expand the military industrial complex?
Who is using the deaths of Americans for world domination? ETF are you talking about.

Who is expanding the military industrial complex?

Why is any of that the same as taking the deaths of Americans trying to create a scandal?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1049704 Dec 30, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Anecdotal bullsht is more like it.
Plenty of fuzzy math in that lengthy essay.
why do you care given that you admit to being on Medicare and therefore largely unaffected by ObamaKKKare????...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1049705 Dec 30, 2013
tell it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a slow one...
ASCAP...
protects PROPERTY....
Music is property of its creator...
"We protect the rights of ASCAP members by licensing and distributing royalties for the non-dramatic public performances of their copyrighted works. Our licensees encompass all who want to perform copyrighted music publicly. We make giving and obtaining permission to perform music simple for both creators and music users."
http://www.ascap.com/about/
Personal property homo...learn whats yours and whats not...
Liberals/Progressives just cannot grasp what belongs to them...
I thought Sonic was suppose to be in the music industry

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1049706 Dec 30, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
No, when I was laid off I couldn't even borrow money because I didn't have a job. I did have a house payment, car payment, health insurance payment and two little kids to feed. There was no "voluntary" support. I was fortunate enough to have parents that loaned me money they could barely afford. Eventually I was able to find another job and start over and pay back my parents. Some people don't have parents that can afford to help and some people can't find jobs that can support a family. What about them?
and yet? liberals love the break up of the family unit--it has allowed them a permanent under class.
Abolish The Fed

Baltimore, MD

#1049707 Dec 30, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
My biggest gripe was not anticipating the determination of the insurgents and al Qaeda when completing the original mission and toppling Saddam's regime.
That should have been anticipated before the surge ended it once and for all. But, as you know, there are no crystal balls in the White House.
Considering the Obama administration followed in Bush's footsteps by expanding the Patriot Act to include spying on us as well as the enemy - which is hard to distinguish sometimes with this president - and in war strategies, can't gripe too much about anything else.
Unemployment was fairly low during much of Bush's presidency. The GDP was fairly healthy and, if Congress had heeded his warnings about the impending housing market collapse, we probably wouldn't be where we are today.
Bush had the support of many Democrats on most major issues. So, again, can't gripe about that either.
So you think that the ndaa was not originally meant for Americans?
Why wouldn't you want to afford due process to anyone accused of crimes on us soil?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1049708 Dec 30, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution states that wars need a declaration from congress.
Bush and his predecessors started this slippery slope I would think that the so called constitutional scholar would know better.
Harry Truman started the practice of undeclared war...

...followed by JFK and LBJ...
Abolish The Fed

Baltimore, MD

#1049709 Dec 30, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>I have to admit that obama and his administration have put more people out of work and on foodstamps than anyother in history , period. I wonder if his likeness would fit on a foodstamp if they cropped his ears ??
Why are you only blaming one branch of government for failed policy?

What does the gop wing have to offer?

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1049710 Dec 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
spending has dropped.
deficit has dropped.
taxes have gone up.
see how that works?
you can't bring one thing to table that shows that cutting spending while cutting taxes has ever been proven to be sound economic policy. Reagan had to raise taxes after he cut them with the largest peacetime tax increase in American history. how hard is it to see the reality?
I think you really know the answer to that last question. IMPOSSIBLE
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1049712 Dec 30, 2013
Summary...

Browns coach: FIRED
Vikings coach: FIRED
Redskins coach: FIRED
Sebelius: STILL EMPLOYED
sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#1049713 Dec 30, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought Sonic was suppose to be in the music industry
i get a check every month from BMI for my protected work.

seems simple enough to me.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1049714 Dec 30, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you agree that government laws and policies have stifled American companies abilities to open businesses and manufacturing facilities?
Do you support cutting off social security and eliminating the minimum wage?
There's absolutely no question that Obamacare has stifled American companies in retaining full-time employees and hiring more employees.

Unless and until manufacturers are given tax incentives to return to the U.S., it would seem the government is stifling manufacturing. But as long as countries like China enforce slave labor, manufacturers, however, will most likely find it hard to return to the U.S.

No one supports "cutting off" Social Security. Don't know where you got that idea.

You can't "eliminate" the minimum wage. Prices would soar beyond affordability. You can reasonably raise the minimum wage in increments which I do support.
tell it like it is

Norman, OK

#1049715 Dec 30, 2013
Signs the Progressive 'you did not build that' economy is on fire!

'Ridgewood layoff to affect 27; some workers may be rehired'

http://journaltimes.com/news/local/ridgewood-...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1049716 Dec 30, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
America's resources belong to us all. Taking back what is yours is not theft. The greedy wealthy better learn to share some of the cake.
problem is, DemoKKKrat programs steal mostly from the middle class to benefit the poor...actually, to benefit their political careers...

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1049717 Dec 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Harry Truman started the practice of undeclared war...
...followed by JFK and LBJ...
Actually you have to go further back than that. Try researching the "Banana Wars" and 2X Medal of Honor winner USMC General Smedley Butler.

Of course I don't expect you will, as you won't be able to attack Democrats knowing the truth.

Oh and BTW, all evidence indicates that JFK was going to pull the troops out of Nam. His quotes, actions and interviews with administration officials provide ample evidence of such
tell it like it is

Norman, OK

#1049718 Dec 30, 2013
Signs the Progressive 'you did not build that' economy is on fire!

'Webster Gourmet is closing its doors'

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/Web...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1049719 Dec 30, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
America's resources belong to us all. Taking back what is yours is not theft. The greedy wealthy better learn to share some of the cake.
...if that is a threat, bring it on...but have the guts to do it in person, instead of using the IRS Gestapo...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1049720 Dec 30, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you only blaming one branch of government for failed policy?
What does the gop wing have to offer?
If the issue is failure to a implement program as stated by law and /or allowing waivers not intended or involves EOs that rewrites laws then it does fall fully on the executive branch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
whats going on in washington 17 min MAGA 7
GOP: Kids should be financially independent soo... 20 min MAGA 5
ex chicago police woman (Jul '16) 44 min Earl 23
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 57 min TRD 71,288
You created "US". 2 hr Needed Desperately 2
Mass media's war on police leads to more crime. 2 hr Citizen Bob 2
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr satan 240,820

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages