Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1460433 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1049199 Dec 29, 2013
Minnesota Vikings playing their last game ever in Mall Of America Field today! New stadium not ready till 2017. It's beautiful though. GO!! VIKINGS!!! Been a fan for 47 years!!!!

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1049200 Dec 29, 2013
tell it like it is wrote:
At les<quoted text>
At leaat we have a job..
You, on the other hand....are a teat suckling moombat...
Well, at least little sock puppet you admit your a paid troll. That's a start.(Not exactly something to be proud of however).
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1049201 Dec 29, 2013
What happens when the US government goes to collect guns...

https://twitter.com/Conservative_VW/status/41...

150 Native Americans dead including women and children.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1049202 Dec 29, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
USAsince whine is- her and her buddies-sonic and angel- were acting like a bunch of HOMOPHOBES when the adults arrived and ruined their party by posting commentary about current issues.
Touched a nerve did I? The truth hurts. LMAO.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1049203 Dec 29, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I thought it was funny.
So did I

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1049204 Dec 29, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
all DemoKKKrats in contested elections will turn on Obama for political survival...
When I was younger a guy I worked for got fired. The day before my interview for his job he told me to put as much distance between us as I could. Instead I defended him and didn't get the job. I learned you can remain loyal to someone and still put distance between yourself and their policies.
You'll see a lot of that in the next few years. Do you remember how fast your Republican friends ran away from Bush?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1049205 Dec 29, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those checks to the dead were being sent out under the Bush administration. There is better scrutiny under the Obama administration.
"In Southern California and elsewhere in 2008, investigators analyzed 305 Social Security beneficiaries who were recorded as deceased in their Social Security Administration files. At least 140 of them were still alive."
"Social Security officials already have recovered some of the improperly paid-out funds. They further agreed to investigate "as quickly as possible based on available resources" the correct status of 6,733 potentially deceased individuals identified in the 2008 audit."
Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2009/06/30/71069/s...
Are you always so clueless and into childish finger pointing?

The government cannot keep track of who is dead -a fact that named no one

Therefore:

The inability of government to monitor massive programs leaves little hope that they will be successful at tracking a new one.

Your comment did not refute what was stated.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1049206 Dec 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
The New American Economy: The Failure of Reaganomics and a New Way Forward
http://www.amazon.com/The-New-American-Econom...
As a domestic policy advisor to Ronald Reagan, Bruce Bartlett was one of the originators of Reaganomics, the supply-side economic theory that conservatives have clung to for decades. In The New American Economy, Bartlett goes back to the economic roots that made Impostor a bestseller and abandons the conservative dogma in favor of a policy strongly based on what’s worked in the past. Marshalling compelling history and economics, he explains how economic theories that may be perfectly valid at one moment in time under one set of circumstances tend to lose validity over time because they are misapplied under different circumstances. Bartlett makes a compelling, historically-based case for large tax increases, once anathema to him and his economic allies. In The New American Economy, Bartlett seeks to clarify a compelling and way forward for the American economy.
“Bruce Bartlett, who took the measure of President Bush in his New York Times bestseller, Impostor, has written another highly useful winner: The New American Economy. In this short, tough-minded and often amusing book, he lays out what the Obama Administration is doing to the economy and tells why it will work.”
—Richard Whalen, Senior policy adviser to Ronald Reagan and author of The Founding Father: The Story of Joseph P. Kennedy
Obama. deficit? spending? revenues? do you even know the real numbers?
Again, you're criticizing the guy who at least places in the high-jump hurdles and pretend like the guy who's dead last and who can barely make one hurdle is the winner instead.

Why do you keep doing that? There's absolutely no comparison to Reagan's policies and Obama's. Even if Reagan comes in second or third.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1049207 Dec 29, 2013
One last one before I go!

A South Carolina football player was driving when he saw the flash of a traffic camera.. He figured that his picture had been taken for exceeding the limit, even though he knew that he was not speeding... Just to be sure, he went around the block and passed the same spot, driving even more slowly, but again the camera flashed. Now he began to think that this was quite funny, so he drove even slower as he passed the area again, but the traffic
camera again flashed. He tried a fourth time with the same result. He did this a fifth time and was now laughing when the camera flashed as he rolled past, this time at a snail's pace.

Two weeks later, he got five tickets in the mail for driving without a seat belt.

You can't fix stupid!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1049208 Dec 29, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Touched a nerve did I? The truth hurts. LMAO.
LOL, you are the one squawking and have wasted how many posts now whining about your party being ruined.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1049209 Dec 29, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Debauchery is a career enhancement in the libtard party.
That is because they are the PC cops-meaning it is only wrong if the other guy does it.

They are discovering late in the game that the folks are demanding it has to be a two way street -demise of Bashir, Weiner and Baldwin

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1049210 Dec 29, 2013
Oh Dat Bammy wrote:
<quoted text>ACORN types will make excellent ObammyCare Navigators. Of course, they'll also be selling your social security number and other confidential information. Because with dat Bammy's perfect planning, there will be no security checks to weed out the criminals from being "Navigators."
With this administration, the more corrupt the navigators, the better. Makes it easier to deflect corruption at the very top when the low man on the totem pole gets blamed.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1049211 Dec 29, 2013
flack wrote:
One last one before I go!
A South Carolina football player was driving when he saw the flash of a traffic camera.. He figured that his picture had been taken for exceeding the limit, even though he knew that he was not speeding... Just to be sure, he went around the block and passed the same spot, driving even more slowly, but again the camera flashed. Now he began to think that this was quite funny, so he drove even slower as he passed the area again, but the traffic
camera again flashed. He tried a fourth time with the same result. He did this a fifth time and was now laughing when the camera flashed as he rolled past, this time at a snail's pace.
Two weeks later, he got five tickets in the mail for driving without a seat belt.
You can't fix stupid!
Funny.

However, I wish the cameras would stop snapping when going to DIA. Three toll road charges when entering the airport and two when leaving then you add in parking. The whole thing is ridiculous.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1049212 Dec 29, 2013
House Intelligence chair: Benghazi attack 'Al Qaeda-led event'

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1049213 Dec 29, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text> The only lesson to be learned is to keep Republicans out of Congress.
Right, because we all know how honest, trustworthy, bipartisan and transparent democRATS are.

Bozeman, MT

#1049214 Dec 29, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, at least little sock puppet you admit your a paid troll. That's a start.(Not exactly something to be proud of however).
Says the former birther and Obama hater.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1049215 Dec 29, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the former birther and Obama hater.
USAsince acts like a preadolescence girl running around trying to figure out who the "cool" kids are.

Bozeman, MT

#1049216 Dec 29, 2013
Whatever wrote:
House Intelligence chair: Benghazi attack 'Al Qaeda-led event'
How many tax dollars did Barry and Hillary waste on that ridiculous "It-was-the-video's-fault " commercial?

Bozeman, MT

#1049217 Dec 29, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, you are the one squawking and have wasted how many posts now whining about your party being ruined.
Has she explained her political about-face?

I suppose it's easier to ride in the cart rather than hold on to your integrity and be one of those who pull it. If this keeps up the free riders will outnumber the paying pullers and grind the cart to a halt.
LCNin

United States

#1049218 Dec 29, 2013
Public seems to be growing tired of the right wing- left wing divide and moving toward moderation.

Republicans trolls seem diverted to the Presidents Father and place of birth which seems to keep them busy :-)

Christie in 2016 will keep the troll occupied

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Jacques Ottawa 231,237
last post wins! (Dec '10) 37 min They cannot kill ... 2,764
last post wins! (Apr '13) 38 min They cannot kill ... 1,977
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Burn Gas for Fun 62,366
Are democrats destroyed? 2 hr enter username 17
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Talkin To DaDouch... 7,967
Should TRUMP use this? 8 hr ITs TRUE USE IT 10

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages