Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1048497 Dec 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
....well...he's gotta be somebody now that he's had the Magic Negro on his show, right?
At least on BET or in the Affirmative Action Club of Amerika.
That reminded me of Obama lecturing a (half awake) senior class in a Kalamazoo, Michigan high school.

Get a load of this.

First he tells them:“Don’t make excuses. Take responsibility not just for your successes. Take responsibility where you fall short as well.”

Then came the coup de gras: "He returned to the responsibility theme in Kalamazoo, paired the message with a lament about Washington finger-pointing, when he said,'It’s the easiest thing in the world to start looking around for someone to blame.'"

Unfuckingbelievable

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/08/us/politics...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1048498 Dec 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"Let's vote for unemployment benefits for hard-working Americans"
Funny as hell.
But the best is when the Boy Messiah is caught saying "I'm not stupid"
Is there an Award for this stuff? Like the Ignoble Award or something like that?
Shouldn't the Noble Committee have something to say here?
Like "We'll be back in 50 years after our embarrassment wears off"??
HJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHA
the USA needs a government that will get out of the way so that those who want to work can find jobs instead of unemployment benefits...

Obama and the DemoKKKrats prefer permanent government dependency....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1048499 Dec 27, 2013
Fudgepacker whining:

Nobody gives a damn about homosexuals, so they play the race card.....

GLAAD responds:“Phil Robertson should look African American and gay people in the eyes and hear about the hurtful impact of praising Jim Crow laws and comparing gay people to terrorists. If dialogue with Phil is not part of next steps then A+E has chosen profits over African American and gay people – especially its employees and viewers.”

“B'in <3 by sum1 gives strength”

Since: Nov 13

but <3'in sum1 tks courage.

#1048501 Dec 27, 2013
MurphRamGrace wrote:
<quoted text>
You are continually right on target John Galt. You may want to think about running for Public office Sir.
It's odd you would claim that he is right after the RIGHT went public with threats to not hire people if Obama won the election. Democrats on the other hand are, as you say laying out a safety net for those laid off by the top 5% of the wealthiest people in America.

So now you want to back peddle and accuse Dems of preventing people from working while the memory is still fresh of Rep saying they won't hire people? That's a lot of moxy you have there.

Next you will attempt to piss on America and tell us it's raining...no?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1048502 Dec 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Fudgepacker whining:
Nobody gives a damn about homosexuals, so they play the race card.....
GLAAD responds:“Phil Robertson should look African American and gay people in the eyes and hear about the hurtful impact of praising Jim Crow laws and comparing gay people to terrorists. If dialogue with Phil is not part of next steps then A+E has chosen profits over African American and gay people – especially its employees and viewers.”
No wonder Cracker Barrel and A&E told GLAAD to take a hike. They are lying about what was said.

NAACP was never part of the picture. GQ used a quote from a book published more than a year ago. A little late to claim offense especially about a teen-ager's memories from over 50 years ago.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1048504 Dec 27, 2013
The nMe Within wrote:
<quoted text>
It's odd you would claim that he is right after the RIGHT went public with threats to not hire people if Obama won the election.
Source?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1048507 Dec 27, 2013
The nMe Within wrote:
<quoted text>
It's odd you would claim that he is right after the RIGHT went public with threats to not hire people if Obama won the election. Democrats on the other hand are, as you say laying out a safety net for those laid off by the top 5% of the wealthiest people in America.
So now you want to back peddle and accuse Dems of preventing people from working while the memory is still fresh of Rep saying they won't hire people? That's a lot of moxy you have there.
Obama and the DemoKKKrats have created an environment where employees are a liability....

...businesses are surviving (and prospering) by cutting overhead (including employees) to the bone....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1048508 Dec 27, 2013
the best thing to come out of the Phil Robertson drama is that the homosexual card has no staying power....

perhaps businesses and politicians will no longer fold in the face of the queer lobby....

#1048509 Dec 27, 2013

#1048510 Dec 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama and the DemoKKKrats have created an environment where employees are a liability....
...businesses are surviving (and prospering) by cutting overhead (including employees) to the bone....
Oh so now you all admit it. But you want to shift blame. Well we all know you Obama also force those execs to fly to Cap Hill in their private Jets to ask for bell out money because... Gulp... they want to help America get back to work.

WOW you guys shovel it out buy the boat load...

Then who was to blame for those same Execs giving themselves a bonus for lying to America?

Perhaps if less of THIS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_Bell_sca... ...happened we more people who actually WORK could get jobs to feed their families and Reps wouldn't have to complain about how it's going to kill the Top 5% wealthiest people in America to pay extra tax's.

He should close Tax loop holes if you don't want to pay taxes. I bet that will shut up the crying.

#1048511 Dec 27, 2013
MurphRamGrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Dems and Reps are to blame for most of our problems. I would elaborate, but you just don't have the mental capacity to comprehend anything that would make any sense. Your fault not mine. BTW, it's not raining, that's Obama pissing on you fool.
I'll just have to take your word for it chum... You being all honest and everything.

Now I suppose you are a Tea Bagger.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1048512 Dec 27, 2013
The nMe Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Razor Bump. Get a life.

Next time supply a link and not just some hackneyed hood BS.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1048513 Dec 27, 2013
The nMe Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so now you all admit it. But you want to shift blame. Well we all know you Obama also force those execs to fly to Cap Hill in their private Jets to ask for bell out money because... Gulp... they want to help America get back to work.
WOW you guys shovel it out buy the boat load...
Then who was to blame for those same Execs giving themselves a bonus for lying to America?
Perhaps if less of THIS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_Bell_sca... ...happened we more people who actually WORK could get jobs to feed their families and Reps wouldn't have to complain about how it's going to kill the Top 5% wealthiest people in America to pay extra tax's.
He should close Tax loop holes if you don't want to pay taxes. I bet that will shut up the crying.
just like Obama vacations in Hawaii on the taxpayer dollar???...

the crooked politicians in Bell, California were all DemoKKKrats....

flat tax....no deductions, no exemptions, no credits, no loopholes...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1048514 Dec 27, 2013
The nMe Within wrote:
Topix as a source???..

ROTFLMAO (as our pal Realtime would say)....

Lapeer, MI

#1048515 Dec 27, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
That reminded me of Obama lecturing a (half awake) senior class in a Kalamazoo, Michigan high school.
Get a load of this.
First he tells them:“Don’t make excuses. Take responsibility not just for your successes. Take responsibility where you fall short as well.”
Then came the coup de gras: "He returned to the responsibility theme in Kalamazoo, paired the message with a lament about Washington finger-pointing, when he said,'It’s the easiest thing in the world to start looking around for someone to blame.'"
Unfuckingbelievable
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/08/us/politics...
The Magic Negro's *Race to the Top* bullchit is clearly concerned about only one race.

This sort of trash that he speaks to yungin's is tired ol' tripe. Right out of Hollywood movie scripts.

He's a talker, not a walker.

Lapeer, MI

#1048516 Dec 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the USA needs a government that will get out of the way so that those who want to work can find jobs instead of unemployment benefits...
Obama and the DemoKKKrats prefer permanent government dependency....
But if the government got out of the way...my god!....who would build this country??

"You didn't build that!" says the Snake Charmer from Entitlement University.

Lapeer, MI

#1048517 Dec 27, 2013
The nMe Within wrote:
Topix as a source?

Hee, Hee.

freakoutnation? Is this Rick James'ebsite? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

huffingtonpost? salon?

If you use your bare hands digging this stuff up, I would suggest some soap and disinfectant afterwards.

#1048518 Dec 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Razor Bump. Get a life.
Next time supply a link and not just some hackneyed hood BS.
You're a bit slow aren't ya?

I'm certain you already know the truth or if you don't you are too dim witted to be having this discussion. Something the clearly uninformed here can relate too.

There are several reputable sources in those links. Pull more BS out your ass.

#1048519 Dec 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix as a source?
Hee, Hee.
freakoutnation? Is this Rick James'ebsite? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
huffingtonpost? salon?
If you use your bare hands digging this stuff up, I would suggest some soap and disinfectant afterwards.
We have ourselves a bonafide liar right here. But to those who already admitted the truth I say this... You should fined better people to follow. Your entire party is a mess.

No one is going to allow you to win the House if Obama Care proves to be helping people. You all will be kissing Hillary's ass for another 2 DEM terms. lol

#1048520 Dec 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix as a source???..
ROTFLMAO (as our pal Realtime would say)....
Yes it is.

I said you Rep. Would those be Republicans? It shows solidarity from top to bottom.

So how can you then turn around and tell people Dems are trying to prevent America from going to work?

Everyone of you that identifies with the right were pushing this empty threat on America. Toothless tigers...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Rogue Scholar 05 187,905
Dear Abby 5-6-15 5 min Stina2 3
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 5 min RJS 8,026
Ask Amy 5-6-15 23 min Kuuipo 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr PEllen 99,414
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr TRD 69,827
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr jimi-yank 53,065
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]