Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1534636 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1049038 Dec 28, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't recall Bush ever making an issue of his thesis. If someone claims they spent a year writing and researching something, they should be able to remember what it was about - unless, perhaps, someone wrote it for him. Remember, he said he was partying and doing drugs at the time.
My oh my...who paid you off?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1049039 Dec 28, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The birther issue wasn't something that really interested me all that much. But there are a few good reasons to question it besides the Hillary supporting attorney who took it to court..
Obama's own biography in a promotional booklet produced by the agency, Acton & Dystel, showcasing its roster of writers by the then Harvard law graduate in 1991 stated Obama was born in Kenya. It remained that way until April 2007 after Obama declared his campaign for the presidency. If it had been a fact finding error by his agent, why did it stay in print for so long incorrectly? And why would Obama not have had it corrected it himself as soon as the error was discovered? There are only two possible answers. He either didn't care that his bio was a lie or he didn't do anything about it because it wasn't.
And Michelle did quite clearly state that Kenya was Obama's homeland when it's widely understood one's homeland is one's place of birth. Why wouldn't she have known that?
It's hard to ignore these two striking and undeniable facts even if Realtime has no problem doing that for some reason.
LOL. Even Breitbart thought birthers were idiots.

That biographical sketch was put out by a literacy agency for disbursement to "business colleagues" in the publishing industry. There is nothing to indicate that Obama was even aware of its existence.

Breitbart.com , which was the first to publish a copy of the promotional booklet, added a disclaimer when they printed it which stated:

"Andrew Breitbart was never a "Birther," and Breitbart News is a site that has never advocated the narrative of "Birtherism." In fact, Andrew believed, as we do, that President Barack Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, on August 4, 1961.

...[W]e discovered, and now present, the booklet described below — one that includes a marketing pitch for a forthcoming book by a then-young, otherwise unknown former president of the Harvard Law Review.

It is evidence — not of the President's foreign origin, but that Barack Obama's public persona has perhaps been presented differently at different times."

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1049040 Dec 28, 2013
killtaker wrote:
Word!!!
'“You know what I heard… that it’s not black on black crime that’s killing kids in Chicago, it’s actually cops shooting those kids.”
Monique Davis
You missed Joy Reid attacking Sarah Palin for having a Christmas tree. Reid used Jeremiah which was warning not make idols of trees. Apparently Ms Reid has NO concept of what a Christmas tree is or of Christian beliefs if she thinks anyone is worshipping the tree as a deity. The only one I know who worships trees are Green Peacers.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1049041 Dec 28, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to mention Politico is NO friend of the GOP.
Yea, right.

Again....Frederick J. Ryan Jr., former assistant to President Ronald Reagan, is president and chief executive officer AND, in October 2012, Politico hired Washington bureau chief David Chalian, who was previously let go from Yahoo! News for saying GOP 'Happy to have a party with black people drowning' at the 2012 RNC convention in Tampa, Florida.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1049042 Dec 28, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you are right but I'm not holding my breath. Obama has already started back peddling - acting like he didn't know what the 60 million people who voted against him already knew -- his high in the sky promises were unattainable. Either he was stupid and didn't know what he was talking about when he made all those pretty speeches or he was just telling people what they wanted to hear - lying. Either way, intentional or not, Obama misled 65 million voters by offering them false hope.
My, oh my, oh my.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1049043 Dec 28, 2013
Trade offs,,,,,

'.. turns out that some countries that offer more liberal parental leave policies have higher pay gaps among men and women ages 30 to 34, according to analyses of 16 countries conducted by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. OECD theorizes that this link may be driven by the fact that women are more likely than men to actually use their parental leave, and that time out of the work force is associated with lower wages.'

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/12/...

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1049044 Dec 28, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
What was that? Sometimes USAsince appears to arguing both sides.
My guess is someone influenced her or something happened and she became reliant on the government to live comfortably.

No one does a 180 like that without a big, hard shove in the back.

Remember, pride and integrity are two traits the left wants American citizens to lose.

Here's the proof. This article really ticked me off.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/03/usda-combat...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1049045 Dec 28, 2013
Another candidate for list killtaker

John Aravosis

He is on Twitter at this moment ranting that any gay who is GOP has to be stupid, self-loathing, or psychologically damaged.

I guess gay unity ends at political boundaries or some think being gay involves one group think.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1049046 Dec 28, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Birther?
She never reads other people's posts.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1049047 Dec 28, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, right.
Again....Frederick J. Ryan Jr., former assistant to President Ronald Reagan, is president and chief executive officer AND, in October 2012, Politico hired Washington bureau chief David Chalian, who was previously let go from Yahoo! News for saying GOP 'Happy to have a party with black people drowning' at the 2012 RNC convention in Tampa, Florida.
So what are you saying - people can't change their political views over a period of, say, 5-6 years?

Prior to joining Yahoo News, Chalian was political editor for "PBS NewsHour," overseeing political coverage across the program's broadcast and digital platforms. Before that, he served as political director for ABC News, where his team won an Emmy Award for their coverage of President Barack Obama's inauguration in January 2009.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1049048 Dec 28, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is someone influenced her or something happened and she became reliant on the government to live comfortably.
No one does a 180 like that without a big, hard shove in the back.
Remember, pride and integrity are two traits the left wants American citizens to lose.
Here's the proof. This article really ticked me off.
http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/03/usda-combat...
The stimulus bill that caused this rapid expansion of food stamp recipients has expired. So the big battle over the USDA bill that has resulted in USAsince and others to wanting to gut all the programs but SNAP. The bottom line is if our economy is improving as claimed by this admin there is NO justification in continuing this massive food stamp handout.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1049049 Dec 28, 2013
DNC sends email defending Obama from impeachment possibility as the latest fund raiser.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1049050 Dec 28, 2013
killtaker wrote:
this one's a cuckoo bird...
“We have never invested as much in public education as we should have, because we’ve always had kind of a private notion of children....We haven’t had a very collective notion of these are our children....We have to break through our kind of private idea that kids belong to their parents, or kids belong to their families, and recognize that kids belong to whole communities.”
— MSNBC weekend host Melissa Harris-Perry in an early April “Lean Forward” spot.
http://www.mrc.org/notable-quotables/year-end...
...sounds just like Hillary's village....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1049051 Dec 28, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry about it. All this whining, crying and second guessing will be a thing of the past soon enough. It will all work out. Be patient.
repeating the question:

"even on the odd chance that the doctors are paid retroactively, how do they pay salaries and overhead in the meantime???... "

do you expect them to borrow money for food and staff salaries???...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1049052 Dec 28, 2013
killtaker wrote:
Trade offs,,,,,
'.. turns out that some countries that offer more liberal parental leave policies have higher pay gaps among men and women ages 30 to 34, according to analyses of 16 countries conducted by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. OECD theorizes that this link may be driven by the fact that women are more likely than men to actually use their parental leave, and that time out of the work force is associated with lower wages.'
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/12/...
the problem with generous parental leave policies, whether paid or unpaid, is that they assume that the employee will not be missed during their absence...that may work for burger flippers, but not for someone with real skills....in which case, why would anyone hire the employee to begin with...

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1049053 Dec 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
repeating the question:
"even on the odd chance that the doctors are paid retroactively, how do they pay salaries and overhead in the meantime???... "
do you expect them to borrow money for food and staff salaries???...
Contrary to centuries of history proving otherwise, she's been convinced that fascism and socialism will succeed.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1049054 Dec 28, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Frederick J. Ryan Jr., former assistant to President Ronald Reagan, is president and chief executive officer of Politico. Try again. Provide proof that Hillary Clinton was a birther.
Ryan is the President of the parent company of Politico and is a businessman, not a political hack.....

did you have some point to make???...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1049055 Dec 28, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Contrary to centuries of history proving otherwise, she's been convinced that fascism and socialism will succeed.
or that doctors should take an oath of poverty....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1049056 Dec 28, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
What was that? Sometimes USAsince appears to arguing both sides.
when Hillary turns on Obama, so will this NYC Bocajew....

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1049057 Dec 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the problem with generous parental leave policies, whether paid or unpaid, is that they assume that the employee will not be missed during their absence...that may work for burger flippers, but not for someone with real skills....in which case, why would anyone hire the employee to begin with...
I was in Germany in the 90s...
Our German secretary, who was not married, became pregnant. She had the baby and took off on two years of paternity leave, then eventually quit...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Coffee Party 240,824
whats going on in washington 1 hr MAGA 7
GOP: Kids should be financially independent soo... 1 hr MAGA 5
ex chicago police woman (Jul '16) 2 hr Earl 23
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 71,288
You created "US". 4 hr Needed Desperately 2
Mass media's war on police leads to more crime. 4 hr Citizen Bob 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages