Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1403337 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1048635 Dec 28, 2013
Waxman from Hamilton wrote:
Anyone notice now that "Yeah" is no longer in Kalifornia, posting as "Yeah" from Hawaii and he is back in Bumpass on Eastern standard time the moron is sticking to posting as Grey Ghost and "Yeah" has disappeared?
The moron is an MPD psychopath. The other sock Psychopaths are DumbDave, Lily & Nutculur Option. The lazy liberal Grey Ghost doesn't even try to cover up his deception. Gues he hasn't learned from the D.C. Democrats.
more likely the old black racist draft-dodger is still in Moreno Valley, a Mexican ghetto...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1048636 Dec 28, 2013
the end of extended unemployment benefits will force many people to begin looking for jobs, creating more competition for minimum wage positions...
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1048637 Dec 28, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Iraq was a threat long before 9/11. More so after 9/11. You must've forgotten with all the focus on al Qaeda and the Taliban.
Iraq and the threat of WMDs were there before, during and after 9/11. It would have been foolish to take our eyes of the original threat or ignore it because of another threat.
Iraq was never a threat to the US and only a bit of threat to Israel__keep in mind that during Bush the First's invasion the cowardly Iraqi army turned tail and ran and those who couldn't run fast enough surrendered to anyone including news crews.

There was zero fear of chemical weapons during Bush the Second's invasion__US forces staged for weeks along the border and would have been sitting ducks for chem/gas attacks. Those attacks never happened because Saddam's forces had lost that capability__the US knew that.

You've proven over and over that you're completely lost on the subject__yet you continue on looking the fool.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1048639 Dec 28, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i love the Jews.
How do you know if someone is Jewish?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1048640 Dec 28, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamacare will help some at a huge expense to others.
Look at it this way. If you were getting by working your tail off and forced to pay your neighbor's doctor's bills as well as your own, you'd probably become resentful.
Many in the middle class are not wealthy and work hard but still have to pay out the wazoo for their own health insurance and now somebody else's.
There were far better solutions but democrats preferred big government intrusion into our health care as a way to redistribute the wealth.
Is this your idea of fair? Or the ideal solution? Creating resentment and hardship on the middle class? Just to level some playing field?
More nonsense.
Waxman from Hamilton

Basildon, UK

#1048641 Dec 28, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
stupid......
March 23, 2009.
Right-wing ‘tea party’ protest in Orlando features signs calling for the impeachment of President Obama.
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2009/03/23/...
maybe from day one.
Yes, I agree. Anyone like you that goes to thinkpropaganda.org is indeed stupid.

Will you be competing with the teleprompter stooge for liar of the year?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1048642 Dec 28, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Never underestimate the spending power of bigots & racists especially when your show is about far right bigots & racists making money from selling devises to help those mighty hunters use guns kill those ferocious ducks by hiding in blinds & tricking them with decoys & calls.
DemoKKKrats like dumbass Dave want to outlaw duck calls....

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1048643 Dec 28, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Your extreme hate towards anyone who disapproves of your life style is not latent at all. If you want to claim you have the high road then stop acting like a quack therapist.
All the hate is coming from the right. I have an obligation to speak out for gay friends that are outstanding members of the community, harm no one and only want the same rights as other Americans. How can you spin that into hate?
And, I'm not exactly a "quack therapist". I've worked in the mental health field for years. The advice you received was pro bono.
sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#1048644 Dec 28, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>The eyes are useless when your mind is blind with idiot sonicfiller....
The Book of Colon and Rectal Surgeons states that if you are homosexual and have an ulcer or an anal fissure, it is recommended that you get tested sonicmoron for other conditions such as Syphilis, Chlamydia, Haemophilus Ducreyi, Cytomegalovirus, Herpes Simplex virus, HIV, Squamous Cell Carcinoma, Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, and Kaposi’s Sarcoma.
If you are homosexual and practice anal sex, any fissure or anal ulcer on your ass should be tested for any of these conditions because you are at a higher risk of getting them.
It's the culture....
let me explain why i chose to be blind.....

Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice

http://www.livescience.com/18132-intelligence...

so it seems i have no choice in the matter.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1048645 Dec 28, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea that "Healthy Young People" do not need health insurance is stupid.
They are only healthy until they are not.
healthy young people may want insurance, but they should not be forced to pay premiums disproportionate to risk just to support old sick people...

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1048646 Dec 28, 2013
flack wrote:
“The biggest news in 2013 for the climate has been President Obama’s Climate Action Plan,” David Doniger, the policy director for Climate and Clean Air Program at the Natural Resources Defense Council, an environmental advocacy group, told a conference call last week. The plan “set in motion decisive steps to come to grips with the pollution that drives climate change.”
Now that the EPA has issued standards for new power plants, federal law requires that it also issue rules for existing power plants.(That will happen in 2015.)
According to the Congressional Research Service, it would impossible for coal-fired power plants to meet EPA’s standards without installing technology to capture and store much of the CO2 they produce. Such technology isn’t yet widely used and critics say it is unproven.
Coal-state lawmakers are trying to stop the EPA rules.
“Though EPA has yet to formally propose new standards for existing power plants, there is every indication that these standards will be unachievable as well,” said Sen. Joe Manchin, D- W.V. at a congressional hearing on the EPA rule in September.“The EPA is holding the coal industry to impossible standards and for the first time ever, the federal government is trying to force an industry to do something that is not technologically impossible to achieve at least for now.”
Advertise | AdChoices
Manchin’s ally, Rep. Ed Whitfield, R- Ky., pointed out that when Congress addressed the GHG issue in 2010, the Democrats controlled both the House and the Senate, but the Markey-Waxman bill to control GHG emissions never made it through the Senate. Obama and his allies “cannot get it through. So now, they're attempting to do by regulations what cannot be done through legislation,” Whitfield said.
When it comes to environmental regulation, almost nothing is simple, quick, or uncontested. After the EPA issues its rules, litigation inevitably follows.
Last week the Supreme Court heard oral arguments in a case about rules which apply to air pollution that drifts across state lines. The high court is set to hear arguments in yet another significant case on the scope of EPA’s power on Feb. 24.
The EPA has been around for 43 years, but the newest federal regulatory agency has drawn as much scrutiny from Republican as the EPA has.
After a filibuster struggle that lasted for months, the Senate last July confirmed Richard Cordray as head of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), the agency created by the Dodd-Frank law to supervise banks, credit card issuers, and other financial firms.
Many Republicans argue that Dodd-Frank gave too much power to CFPB and put it beyond the reach of congressional control by arranging for its funding to come from the Federal Reserve and not from annual congressional appropriations.
Lawyer Alan Kaplinsky, a CFPB expert at the Ballard Spahr law firm in Philadelphia, said the bureau’s big regulatory initiatives in 2013 were in the mortgage field “which is not surprising in light of the fact that the Dodd-Frank Act mandated that the CFPB issue a whole raft of regulations pertaining to the origination and servicing of residential mortgages.”
“The compliance costs for banks and others involved in the mortgage business are going to be much higher because all the rules of the road are changing,” Kaplinsky said.
In 2014 the CFPB will likely be issuing rules dealing with debt collection, pre-paid debit cards, and payday lenders.“They have a lot of things percolating,” he said.
Both the Affordable Care Act and Dodd-Frank became law in 2010. As with the ACA, Dodd-Frank’s impact – in the form of CFPB regulations -- will last for years and decades, validating Obama’s chief of staff Rahm Emanuel’s saying in 2009 that “You never want a serious crisis to go to waste.”
We already knew Republicans want to tear down Dodd Frank & let Wall Street run loose & unregulated. Just we already know Republicans are too stupid to think GW is real.
Waxman from Hamilton

Basildon, UK

#1048647 Dec 28, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
More total bullsh*t from Carol. Exactly how is the Middle class paying for this?
If your guys had better ideas, why did they do NOTHING.
Hey Devin,

Is 75% equal to 2/3?

What was Ted Cruz filibustering against?
ZCs

New York, NY

#1048648 Dec 28, 2013
More Reasons to cheer for President Obama!!!

Right Power!!!!!!!!!!

A majority of Americans believe Congress should restore the federal unemployment insurance program that it allowed to expire in the recent budget deal, according to a new poll. The details of the survey further suggest that voters stand ready to punish lawmakers who block an extension — something several Republicans have indicated they are prepared to do.

Overall, 55 percent of Americans believe the Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) program should be extended compared to 34 percent who say it should end, the Hart Research Associates poll found. Among women, 61 percent approve of the program and just 28 percent believe it should cease. The pollsters, who were working on behalf of the National Employment Law Project (NELP), also separated out a subset of respondents who fit the profile of a mid-term election voter. Among the sort of people who show up for off-year elections like the one awaiting Congress in 2014, 55 percent support extending EUC. Senior citizens are especially supportive of the program, and other constituencies that Republicans depend upon in November such as white women and non-college-educated white voters also exhibit majority support for EUC.

The findings reinforce a Public Policy Polling release from earlier this week which looked at specific House districts held by Republican members. That poll found over 60 percent support for extending EUC in five Republican districts including Speaker John Boehner’s southwestern Ohio seat.

EUC expires on Saturday. For 1.3 million current recipients who have been looking for work for longer than the 26 weeks for which most states will provide unemployment benefits, that will mean their lifeline evaporates immediately. Another 800,000 job-seekers are projected to exhaust their state benefits and turn to the federal EUC program over the next three months. Thanks to multiplier effects, the cancelled benefits will also lead indirectly to almost a quarter-million layoffs for people who are currently working. That’s nearly 2.4 million people harmed in the coming months by the expiration of EUC.

Democrats and a handful of Republicans have called for re-authorizing the program after lawmakers return from their holidays, and Republican support for the program used to be a very common thing. But some prominent GOP legislators now openly oppose the program and mischaracterize it as a balance-negative thing for the people it intends to help.
sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#1048649 Dec 28, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
At first, I thought you were playing but now I see this is your norm.
I leave you to your confusion for the day.
Stop being so hypersensitive about someone else's articles.
article? for example?

dood...i'm always playing. it's an internet forum full of nutjobs. it should be taken seriously?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1048650 Dec 28, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
By politicians setting minimum standards you f*cking idiot.
I had to explain why there was a need to define coverage.
My God you lie about everything in an attempt to worm our way out of being proven wrong.
Just like with the Duck Dynasty bigot's statements,
why do single men or elderly women need maternity coverage???...
Waxman from Hamilton

Basildon, UK

#1048651 Dec 28, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>More nonsense.
to a moron like you who does not understand facts, yes, I suppose so!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1048652 Dec 28, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll have to wait your turn, I can only treat one latent homosexual at a time. Take a number, there's a lot of them sitting on the right side of the room.
Grow up!

I will comment on your quack psychology whenever I want to.

You appear to be very uncomfortable with your own sexuality as you would not be calling others latent homosexuals.

You are leaking your psychological hang-ups all over the place.
sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#1048653 Dec 28, 2013
Waxman from Hamilton wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I agree. Anyone like you that goes to thinkpropaganda.org is indeed stupid.
Will you be competing with the teleprompter stooge for liar of the year?
competing? lost cause.

http://www.pensitoreview.com/2010/02/11/expos...

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1048654 Dec 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
healthy young people may want insurance, but they should not be forced to pay premiums disproportionate to risk just to support old sick people...
Are you referring to medicare?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1048655 Dec 28, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Does your hatred for Catholics and gays stem from a personal experience as an alter boy?

Galt does not hate Roman Catholics, but believes their worship of and unquestioned obedience to the Pope is absurd...

Galt does not hate homosexuals, but objects to their demands that they be treated as normal human beings, except as legally dictated...

and the word is "altar"...you ignorant dipshit...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Hill4me 219,328
last post wins! (Dec '10) 32 min They cannot kill ... 2,268
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 56 min Juan Schanahan 103,115
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr TWP 72,037
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 1,245
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr GEORGIA 1,790
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr GEORGIA 2,848

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages